Chapter 32

Kings and Queens

One Week Later...

It was a warm day, with the sun giving off some heat from behind the clouds yet it still was cooling from the humidity. Mnay people had seized this day for its nice weather and took the time to relax and roam around the marketplace, making streets buzzing with life. 

In the palace, there was also some chaotic buzzing that erupted from the meeting hall. The ministers, as usual, had placed their duties on hold in order to quickly arrive at the meeting hall, awaiting the news the King had for them this time. They sat down impatiently, adjusting their robes and breaking out into loud murmurs, speaking to their fellow colleagues about the recent events that had occurred. 

In the midst of their chatter, the King stalked in with an odd expression, a smile... It was rare to see the King smile in front of his subjects what more in a meeting, what on earth would make him smile like that?

"Morning to all of you. Hope all of you have been well with today's fine weather." the King spoke, his smile still prominent on his lips and his voice easy unlike his usual harshness. Clearing his throat he continued, easing his smile into a calm expression, "I have an announcement, as usual..." He began looking over the ministers. "It is about Lady Song. As many of you may know... A couple months ago, the former queen Lee Kwang Ja had executed a plan in which she hired this nations most wanted man, Kang Hee Gun to abduct Lady Song. Not only was she taken but she had been wrongfully abused and was scarred. As of now, Kang Hee Gun is already dead after his execution a while ago and the former queen had settled to her deranked life as a consort. Reason as to why I am bringing this back up today is because of the empty position in the Queen's throne. I assume many of you have thought of several women that would be ideal for this position but I am happy to say that I already had a woman in mind." Jong Kook stopped his speech, his smile creeping back on his lips as he smiled with the last words in his sentence.

The ministers eyes seemed to have widened at the same time as they already knew exactly who he was talking about. "Your Majesty.." Called out a fellow minister but was silenced by the raising of the King's hand, making him bite his tongue in agitation. 

"Seeing your reactions, I guess you all know who I have in mind. Well I am making it clear that she WILL be my queen. There will be no disagreements, rebuttals or reconsidering. This is my final word for today's meeting. I bid you all a good day." Jong Kook said swiftly, standing up and leaving without another word, leaving the ministers in a daze. 

"S...Song Ji Hyo! As Queen?!" Exclaimed a minister as soon as the King had left the hall, the room erupting in desperate protests. 

"Aigoo... What to do... His Majesty is so deeply in love with her, even a child would know how much they are commited to one another but still... her as a queen? I am ashamed if I have to bow my head to a lowborn like her." Sighed Kwang Kyu, picking up his hat off his head to rub his bald scalp tiredly. 

"And everyone knows that as soon as His Majesty announces something like that... nothing would change his mind." Muttered a frowning Min Soo, unable to hide the furrowed wrinkles on his forehead. 

"For ministers, we are practically useless. The only time we get input is if it isn't that big of a deal..." Kwang Kyu replied, noticing the another ministers slowly dispersing, standing up himself and walking out the door. 

"That is true... " Agreed Min Soo, scurrying after Kwang Kyu. "Thinking about it... Ji Hyo as Queen may not be as bad as a choice as that Kwang Ja woman... She gave me goosebumps." Min Soo made a shuddering motion, scrunching up his nose at the plain thought of her. 

"I agree... She looked way too much like a giraffe... Kinda freaks me out." Kwang Kyu muttered, shaking his head as they both made their way back to their study rooms.


Two Weeks Later...

Gong~ The loud chimed rang through the empty palace roads. Everyone was already gathered in the ceremonial area, excitement in every single one of them. With the loud chime, the slow strings of the instruments slowly sang its melodic tune, drowning out any chatter that was still lingering in the crowd. The doors to the hall were drawned back by two well built guards, a small grin on each of their mouths as they dipped their heads to the regal figure that stepped through. 

Ji Hyo took a careful steps into the hall, dressed head to tea in a pure red hanbok which she had reserved for important events such as this. Her hair was crowned with a large accessory, making her head appear twice its size. She folded her arms in her sleeves and couldnt help but smile as she walked down the aisle, her heart thumping excitedly.

She had waited two weeks for this moment, hearing the news of her promotion from Yoo Jae Suk moments after the meeting was held. Of course she had second thoughts about it and even had considered protesting against it but after talking to Jae Suk momentarily, she realised that this was something she needed to do, for her one man. 

In fact, her one man was sitting at the end of the path, on his large throne, a large grin on his mouth as he watched her walk down, barely being able to contain his own excitement. Usually it would be the mother of the King to be the own to bestow the title upon the woman but because of the fact the King's mother had sadly passed, he as King needed to bestow the title himself. 

Ji Hyo smiled as soon as she saw him, even releasing a slight giggle before clearing and regaining her composure. Reaching the end of the path, she looked up at him before dipping her head carefully, the hair accessory making it hard for her to bow. With the help of her two attendants, she managed to kneel down before him, bowing down deeply before sitting back onto her knees as she awaited his words, her head lowered. 

Jong Kook gazed lovingly at her, admiring every little thing she does. He barely got his mind back on track when he noticed that a minister had appeared on his side with a scroll. Standing up hastily, he took the scroll, unravelling it quickly.

"Attention to those who have attended this glorious celebration." He paused to glance around the area, seeing his loyal subjects look up at him with small smiles. "I, Kim Jong Kook came to this procession to bestow my concubine, Song Ji Hyo a new title. She will no longer be a concubine of mine but be promoted in ranks to the title of 'Queen'. Upon receiving this title, she should be formally addressed as 'Her Majesty' and she will also be expected to overlook the issues regarding the inner court. Therefore, as of today, Lady Song will be the new Queen of this nation and shall rule alongside me." He finished his speech with a bright smile, looking down at his bowed concubine. 

Ji Hyo couldnt resist her toothy grin at his words, looking up as soon as he finished. He approached her and held out the scroll with both hands, overjoyed by this surrealness. Taking it carefully, Ji Hyo dipped her head in gratitude before continuing on with the rest of the procession. 

Right after the ceremonies and banquets that were filled with joy and celebration, Ji Hyo had changed into her new attire. She was fitted with a snug golden coloured top peice, an intricate picture of a phoenix being embroided on the front. Her skirt was large and a maroon colour, having more embrodiery on the bottom rim. Her hair was not much different ot her concubine style except it was adorned with much more valuable accessories like golden dragon pin that stood out from her silky black hair. 

Twirling in her new outfit, Ji Hyo grinned from ear to ear before stepping outside, forgetting that she had moved to a bigger palace with large rooms. Waiting for her outside was her one man, also smiling as soon as she stepped out. 

"My King..." Ji Hyo greeted, skipping down the steps to stand in front of him. 

"You look stunning." Jong Kook uttered in awe, combing back her hair which had become a habit of his. 

"Aigoo... Such a flatterer." Ji Hyo flushed, fanning her self with her hand in exaggeration. 

Jong Kook chuckled at her cute actions, adrubtly pulling her into his arms, wrapping his muscular arms around her in both a protective and loving way. 

"oh!" Ji Hyo yelped before finding it comfortably in his arms, liking how snuggly and warm it was. A content breath of air escpaed her lips before she buried her face into his chest, taking in his musky scent. 

"Finally after all this time... I get to call you... My Queen." Jong Kook sighed contently, leaning his head against hers. 

Ji Hyo tilted her head up at him, taking in his never aging features. "Thank you... For making all this happen for me." She hummed against him. 

Jong Kook responded with a smile, placing on hand on the back of her head, caressing her tenderly. Seeing her comfortable in his arms, he slyly slid his hand further down her back with a hopeful grin. Sliding his hand down, he reached her rear and rested his hand there, hoping she didnt notice and if she did she would go along with it. 

Noticing right away, Ji Hyo reached behind and placed her hand ontop of his before pushing his hand away in one motion. "Tsk tsk... someone is impatient." She snickered, taking a step back from him and breaking out of his hug.

Jong Kook looked at her with pleading eyes, pouting out his lips in distaste. 

"Only one more week~" She hummed, turning away briskly and walking back to her chambers. "Good night~"


YES! OMG I ACTUALLY WROTE SOMETHING! AND IT IS LONG! WHAT. 

Gah... this story is coming so close to the end and its like :O so fast? Hope you all enjoyed reading this chapter and I will be back with a new chapter in.... who knows how long... 

Btw: Anyone shipping Chen Bo Lin and Ji Hyo since they are on 'We are in Love' now. I dunno how to feel about them. Just hope he treats our Ace nicely~