Chapter 31

Kings and Queens

The night had already fallen by the time Ji Hyo placed the empty bowl back onto her desk, the only thing remaining inside was a spoonful of tea leaves and herbs leftover from the brewing.

She slowly opened her eyes, her eyelashes tickling her cheeks as she let her gaze loom over the bowl. A partial puff of air seeped through her lips, making her shoulders shrug while doing so. 

"Sung Ah!" She called out, looking over at her door which was quickly drawn back as soon as the words left . Stepping in carefully was one of her attendants, dipping her head towards Ji Hyo tenderly. "Please make my bed..." Ji Hyo ordered in a gentle voice. 

"Yes, My Lady." The attendant replied, hurrying over to the closet beside the door and pulling out the bedspreads and blankets. She quickly laid everything out, puffing out the rectangular pillow lastly before placing it carefully ontop. "Good Night, My Lady." The attendant bowed and stepped outside, a tired yawn escaping . 

Rising to her feet, Ji Hyo stretched out her arms tiredly and walked over to the bed, slumping down onto her knees. She undid her tight clothing and tossed it aside, forming a messy pile. Slipping into her nightgown, she quickly untied her hair, leaving her accessories clustered over her desk, strands of hair stuck to them from the impatient yanking. With a content look, Ji Hyo slipped under her blankets, turning onto her side and almost immediately falling into the deep sleep, hoping to erase any memory of the night's event.


One Week Later...

"How is she?!" A frantic voice called out, belonging to a concerned looking King. He grabbed the physician that had just exited the chambers by the shoulders, shaking him violently. 

"Your Majesty..." Blabbered a flustered physician, putting his hands up in protest from the shaking. "Her Ladyship is fine. Just tired from the procedure.." He managed to finish, prying himself away from the King, fixing his robes tiredly. 

"Really? She is fine?" exclaimed Jong Kook with a huge grin, before pulling the physician into a big bear hug. "Oh thank you! Ill definitely give you a raise!" He shouted, nearly lifting the physician off his feet. 

"Ah... No worries, Your Majesty..." Sighed the physician, a small smile on his own lips from both the happiness of the King and also the fact he might get more income. 

Releasing him, the King brushed past him and stumbled through the doors that led to his precious concubine's chambers. Pushing the doors open quickly, he walked in to see her. 

"Ah its you..." A soft voice called out. Ji Hyo was laid on the bedspread, her hair tied back neatly and was resting under her blankets. 

The King hurriedly sat next to her, looking at her face before looking at the rest of her blanketed body. "Are you okay? Do you feel pain? Do you feel lethargic?" He bombarded her with questions filled with worry, moving one hand and placing it on her forehead, trying to see if she had a fever. 

"I am fine..." Ji Hyo chuckled, pushing away his hand gently but still holding it in her hand. "Are YOU alright? You seem very frantic..." She mused, doing the same thing he did and placing her hand on his forehead, pressing it against his warmish skin. 

Jong Kook released a sigh of relief seeing her healthy state and moved her hand away from his forehead. "Seeing that you are alright... I am alright too.." He spoke in a soft voice, holding her hand in his, rubbing her fingers tenderly. 

Ji Hyo smiled slightly, her white teeth peeking from behind her lips. Her other hand rubbed over her stomach which had returned to its regular size, tapping her fingers ontop of the blankets. 

Jong Kook noticed her movements and dipped his head towards her. "Thank you, Ji Hyo-ah... For going through all that and still staying by me..." He whispered, keeping his eyes down.  

Ji Hyo turned her head to face him, raising her brows in question. Giving his hand a squeeze, she replied in an even tone. "No need for thank you....How many times do I need to tell you that no matter what happened, I will be by Your Majesty's side." Since she was laying down, she lifted herself slightly, sneaking her head under his to meet his gaze. With a grin, she pressed her lips against his, giving him a little nibble before parting away. 

Jong Kook had turned a bright red by the time she sat back. Seems like no matter how many times they showed affection, he would still blush every single time. He lifted his head and flicked his eyes around, awkwardly clearing his throat. "Ahem... Well... Now that.. that... the baby..." He fumbled with his words, his brain not processing well enough to form a proper sentence. 

Realizing what he was trying to hint at, Ji Hyo shook her head. "No.. no... The physician told me to avoid any intimate activities for a month or so..." She teased, sitting upright and beginning to hastily tie her hair back into a bun. 

"W..What?! A month!" Jong Kook exclaimed, no longer being able to hide his disappointment. "I have already waited years for this... and now I have to wait another month!" He huffed in frustration, shaking his head at her. 

Ji Hyo laughed at his behaviour, Oh how men acted when it came to the subject of intimacy. "One month~" She repeated in a cute voice, puffing out her cheeks. She was done with her hair, adding the final accessory which was her jade pin. "He can wait right?" She asked, flicking her eyes down at his lower region. Moving closer, she brushed her hand seductively across his area, her hand running across his clothes, feeling the slight buldge. 

"Y..Yah... Ji Hyo-ah..." Jong Kook uttered, his breath hitching from her touch, sending shivers trhoughout his body. But then, she stood up and stepped away from him, leaving him sitting there, frustrated. "Yah! You..." He accussed, his body feeling instantly hot. 

"Sorry~" She teased, sitting behind her desk comfortably and opening up her book, completely ignoring the man in front of her. 

With a huff, Jong Kook stood up and left her chambers, umcomfortably having to walk back to his own chambers with the burning desire for her. 

"Aish.... That woman is too much..." He muttered, climbing under his thick blankets, resting atop his comfy bedspread which had a cushiony matress like material. 

So with that, the King painfully counted down the days of the month, the slow paces of each day bringing him even more frustration as well as a lustful desire, awaiting the end of the month.


Sorry for the inactivity! I am now back in my home country~ Bleugh... school starts tomorrow... so lazy~ Anyways hope you guys liked this chapter.. This fanfic is slowly coming to an end too.

Also, the chapters seem abit rushed but that is because once my school starts officially, I won't have much time for writing fanfics, so I really want to quickly finish it and not leave it hanging for a long time.