Chapter 34

Kings and Queens

9 months later...

A soft autumn breeze swept through the palace grounds, welcoming everyone into a bright new day. The palace maidens, tied back their long hair and hurried to their jobs whilst the palace men, groomed their beards before hustling to their posts. Everything was in order now. 


The Queen had just woken up at the crack of dawn, excitement filling her as she realized it was the day of a scheduled  charity event she had planned. Getting up quickly, she wasted no time and got ready in her icognito outfit for when she left the palace grounds. She wore her simple vest matched with a dark purple skirt before tying her hair into a bun, as a sign of her loyal marriage. Looking at her reflection in the mirror, she smiled, touching the jade bracelet around her wrist before moving to her matching ring which she had also received as a sign of her marriage. 

With her preparations completed, she stepped outside to greet her servants and her guard, Dong Wook. 

"Morning Your Grace." They greeted simultaenously with warming smiles, dipping their heads towards her. 

"Morning to all of you! Hope you have alot of rest for today!" The Queen grinned from ear to ear, waddling her way through the door. 

"Your grace..." Dong Wook spoke with a nervous glance towards her, seeing her awkward stance. "Are you sure you will be alright? I mean... with the baby and all?" 


Flashback.

It was during one of the ceremonies. Everyone in the palace was there, laughing and enjoying the fesitivities. Sitting on her throne, next to her king, Ji Hyo could not be happier as they watched a group of female dancers leap across the grounds in graceful twirls. There was a break in the ceremony for the King and Queen to give a speech, to thank for those attending and for their hard working in contributing to the nation.

Jong Kook rose to his feet, glancing sideways at Ji Hyo, puffing out his chest confidently before speaking. "I would like to thank all of you who are present today. Words cannot describe how grateful I am as King ot have such loyal and hard working subjects. I hope you all live long healthy lives and prosper, thank you." He concluded shortly before sitting back down, motioning for Ji Hyo to stand and speak. 

Ji Hyo nodded and stood up slowly. "Evening to all of you. I would like to firstly say I huge thank you as well, you all have done so much and I cannot thank you enough. As Queen, I will continue to try in treating you all fairly..." Ji Hyo was about to finish when she paused, her eyes widening. She heaved her shoulders, looking as though she was about to hurl soon. The audience gasped in worry, even the King himself, turned in concerned.

"Ji Hyo-ah.. What's wrong?" He asked softly, reaching out to hold her hand. 

Ji Hyo clenched her eyes shut before regaining her breath but as soon as she parted her lips, she felt the sickness coming back up . She heaved once more, causing an even greater outburst of worry from the crowd. 

Jong Kook got to his feed, holding her tightly and steading herself against him. "Ji Hyo-ah! Someone! Call the royal physician at once!" He ordered to the nearest servant who nodded and scrambled away. Ji Hyo's face when a pale tone as she gripped onto him tightly, covering with her other hand in discomfort.

Moments later, a royal physician came rushing into the scene, making the crowd and the royal couple to look at him in question. After a short process of him checking her pulse and questioning her about her recent well being, he nodded in conclusion, whispering something to her ear before taking his leave. 

Jong Kook and the audience watched him leave in worry, wondering what happened ot her highness. Supringsingly, Ji Hyo did not look frightened or sad in anyway but more shocked. 

"Ji Hyo-ah... whats wrong?" Jong Kook questioned, raising his brow whilst keeping her hand still in his. 

Ji Hyo turned to look at him and with a blank stare, she spoke. "My King... I am pregnant." 

They both shared a moment of silence with the only sounds coming from the curious whisper of the crowd. Finally a large grin appeared on Jong Kook's lips as he pulled her into a tight embrace. "Ji Hyo-ah!" He exclaimed excitedly, squeezing her in his arms. 

"A..Ah! My King... There are people still watching..." Ji hyo yelped before blushing slightly, a joyful smile on her as well. As shocked as she was in finding out, she was ten times happier in knowing she will have a child soon, and this time to the right father. 

Jong Kook glanced over his shoulder to multiple pairs of eyes glued on them, raising them in question. Clearing his throat, he released her from his embrace and straightened himself up. Getting to his feet, he made a gesture to speak again. 

"Attetention to everyone! You do not need to worry about Her Majesty for she is unwell...." He began, looking over at Ji Hyo who rolled her eyes playfully at his sneaky words. "Reason being is... Her Majesty is pregnant." He announced proudly. 

The crowd erupted in cheers, excitment and happiness echoing the area as everyone congratulated the royal couple. 

"Your Grace! Please accept our blessings!" Cried out a section of the audience, mostly the ministers. 

On the sidelines, a proud looking Jae Suk was standing, choking back his tears. 

"Jae Suk-ah... Are you crying?" Suk Jin asked, feeling happy himself after hearing the news. 

"N..No!" Jae Suk rebutted quickly, hurriedly wiping at his eyes and up any trace of a sob. "T..They just grow up so fast!" He exclaimed, bursting out into tears of joy, leaning against Suk Jin. 

Just like that, everyone in the palace was now aware of the expecting mother and the jovious King and everyone could not wait to greet the next heir.


Ji Hyo looked at Dong Wook before looking down at her belly which was already buldging from beneath her clothing. She it with one hand and looked at him again, "Ill be fine." She smiled, taking careful steps away from them. She required some assistance in getting down the stairs but thank goodness it was a flat road after that. 

After a short period, they were already in the town having walked a short distance. Ji Hyo was slightly puffed out from the walk but nothing was going to stop her when there were people in need. Attending the event as helpers were her two close friends, Kwang Soo and Dong Hoon. 

"Your Grace! What are you doing out here?" Dong Hoon cried out, scrambling towards her and bowing dramatically. 

"Stop that. I told you to call me Ji Hyo otuside of the palace." She instructed strictly, rolling up her sleeves. "And just because I am pregnant doesn't mean I can't help." 

"Your grace..." Kwang Soo muttered helplessly, watching her brush past both of them and heading towards the kitchen area where they were preparing food to give to those less fortunate.

Of course, she recieved glances and stares from the townsfolk. How odd it was to se the pregnant Queen in the town doing a charity event. 

"Her heart is too kind... What about her baby?"

"Im sure the baby will be as pure as she is."

"What a strong willed woman."

Murmurs spreaded throughout the town as everyone came to see their beloved Queen. As soon as Ji Hyo stepped outside, shouts of praise were called out, making her smile brightly. 


"The town?!" Jong Kook shouted in exhasperation. "What in the world is she there for?!" 

"There was a charity event she insisted on attending, Your Majesty." Jae Suk replied, having the same worried expression the King wore. 

"Does she not realize she is carrying a baby?!" He erupted, storming out of his office adrubtly, causing Jae Suk to hurry behind him. 


Ji Hyo had already rolled her sleeves and was serving bowls of porridge when the sound of thundering hooves made her raise her head in question. To her suprise she saw the King saddled upon his mighty stallion, halting directly in front of her. He was not even in his icognito wear but still wearing his royal robes. 

The townsfolk gasped and everyone fell onto their knees, bowing in fear in his presence. Ji Hyo pressed her lips tightly. //Why is he here? The people are so scared of him...// She thought, looking at the bowed bodies of everyone. 

"Song Ji Hyo!" Shouted an angry King, dropping off his horse gracefully, marching over to her. She didnt bat an eye at him and continued to scoop the porridge into the bowls, laying them out carefully. "Look at me!" He ordered, seizing her hand, making her unable to scoop anything. 

She whipped around and looked at him, her brows narrowed in annoyance. "What is it..." She murmured, dropping the ladle back into the pot. 

"How dare you leave your chambers when you are bearing a child!" He said angrily, leaning closer to face her. 

"I am perfectly fine." She snorted stubbornly, yanking her arm out of his grasp and turning away to walk off. 

"Don't walk away from me..." He warned, eyeing her. 

Ji Hyo tilted her head slightly, sticking her tongue out playfully before taking steps away. The onlookers were snickering at the sight but as soon as the King glanced over, they fell silent. But Ji Hyo didnt get far because as soon as she tried to take another step, she felt something. 

"Oh god..." She mumbled, touching her stomach instinctively. 

Feeling guilty, the King made a move ot apologise. "Ji Hyo-ah... Im sorry for raising my voice, I am just worried..." He said quietly but was cut short by her reaction. 

"My King... I think.. my water just broke.." She whispered cautiously, rubbing her swollen stomach. 

"WHAT?!" Jong Kook shouted, panic drilling into his head as his eyes widened. "N..Now?! GUARDS! her back right now!" He ordered quickly and as soon as the words lef this mouth, a group of guards came and did as they were told, escorting her back to the palace. She was carefully hoisted onto a horse although it took two horses to fit her size and also for the sake of her comfort. Following right behind was a frantic King, almost riding into a stall if it werent for the horse's sense of direction. 

Ji Hyo was rushed into the nearest chamber and not a moment too soon because she started having contractions. She let out a painful cry as she laid on the bespread that was laid out quickly. 

Outside the chamber, servants already knew what was happening and was already summoning the midwives and nurses to the room. 

The King was standing outside the doorway, sweating anxiously as the screaming of his wife grew louder by the minute, making him bite his nails in nervousness. It was going to be a long day...


The sounds of a baby crying made the King stir from his half asleep state, turning quickly to the exiting nurses. "How is she?! Is she alright?! Is the baby alright?!" He asked the physician who was last to exit. 

"Her Majesty is fine... Congratulations Your Majesty..." The Physician spoke in a hushed voice, indicating for the King to quieten down. Jong Kook held his breath as he opened the door, anticipation as he stepped inside. 

In the chamber, pale faced and exhuasted, laid Ji Hyo. Beside her, wrapped in a tight bundle of towels was their child. Ji Hyo flicked her eyes over at him, a weak smile on her lips. "My King..." she whispered. 

"Ji Hyo-ah.." Jong Kook replied, kneeling down beside her, her hair affectionately. "You are so strong... Thank you... " He whispered, kissing her lips softly.

Ji Hyo smiled, reaching an arm over to the wrapped baby, patting the baby's belly softly. "Welcome to the world my child..." She cooed. Jong Kook looked at the baby, a large grin on his mouth as he carefully picked the baby up. He cradled the child in his arms, watching its small body wriggle in his muscular hands. He giggled as the baby waved its arms helplessly, its tiny fingers curling into a fist before opening up. Peeping under the towels, he figured the gender of the child and looked over at Ji Hyo

Ji Hyo laughed at the sight, releasing a tired sigh before drifting off to sleep. Leaving Jong Kook alone with their child, holding it closely and protectively. 

In a hushed voice, he whispered. "Welcome...My Little Prince"


AND ITS COMPLETED. THANK YOU ALL FOR READING THIS! HOPE YALL ENJOYED IT. REALLY THANK YOU GUYS FOR YOUR SUPPORT AND JUST SO MUCH <3

Now... I know may of you will be asking for a sequel about the baby prince but that is highly unlikely. I may add one more chapter about the baby growing up to probs age 10 but thats it... and its a MAYBE... MAYBE... No promises. It ended a little awkwardly but its 11:30 and I still have some homework left so... yea... love you guys and have a great weekend.