Chapter 19

Kings and Queens

The Imperial Court was in chaos after the King's announcement. All the ministers erupted in protest, their murmurs becoming yells within minutes.The northern and southern ministers turned to each other, shouting that it was either side's fault, shaking their fists angrily. The King sat on his seat, amused by the scene before clearing his throat and gesturing for silence. They quietened down but still returned glares and threats to each other silently. Finally one of the northern ministers spoke up with a loud voice.

"Your Majesty! How could a servant like her become a concubine?" He announced, earning himself nods and mumbles of agreement. 

"Exactly! Your Majesty, she has the lowborn blood. She is not well educated for this title." Called out another minister. 

The King clenched his fists at their comments. //HOW DARE THEY?!// He thought in anger as he narrowed his eyes at the ministers. With a powerful voice he spoke, "SILENCE! How dare you speak of her in such a way?! Do you wish to be executed?!" He threatened with a sharp glare, gritting his teeth in agitation. "Argue all you want but my statement will not change!" He finished, leaning against his chair. 

The ministers immediately fell silent as they shrunk down at his rage. They gaze each other worried glances as they tried to think of a way to make this impossible. 

"Your Majesty, please reconsider!" Cried a minister from the southern faction, bowing his head deeply. Hearing his words, the other ministers bowed, crying out for the King to reconsider. Jong Kook stared at them with distaste, grinding his teeth with annoyance. His mind was set, nothing and no one would change it. 

"Shut up all of you." He snarled. "Nothing, I mean absolutely NOTHING will change my mind. The meeting is over." He concluded, rising from his seat as the minsiters looked at him with wide eyes. With a huff, he marched away from them, leaving the court with a smirk. 

Moments later, the ministers also exited the court, with major headaches and flooded thoughts. Both factions were discussing the situation together, biting their nails from the anxiety. 

"Aigoo~ Kwang Kyu-ah.." Muttered a tired minister as he grabbed onto his bald headed friend. "That king is driving me up the wall."

"Aish~ That isnt so bad. I think I am becoming balder by the minute because of him,  Min Soo." Complained the stressed out Kwang Kyu as they walked down the steps, away from the court.

Choi Min Soo scratched his short, unkept beard as they neared the library. "But... Seeing all the other ministers oppose this situation...We should seize the opportunity!" He exclaimed mid thought, turning around to Kwang Kyu with a delirous smile.

"Oh my goodness Hyung! You are a genius! We should side with Ji Hyo! And if she does become a concubine, we would rise as well!" Kwang Kyu cried in joy as they both grinned crazily at each other. 

"It is a risk though... If she falls, we fall with her." Min Soo muttered, letting a frown of displeasure appear on his mouth.

"Don't think that way Hyung-nim. I heard my luck will be very good this year." Commented a smiling Kwang Kyu, making the older brother grin as well. Soon they both were jumping for joy at the thought, imagining how great it would be if they ministered for a concubine with potential to be a Queen. 


"WHAT?!" Roared a infuriated Queen as she paced back and forth in her chambers. Her eyes were fixated at the two ministers that were from the Southern faction, her father's colleagues. "Don't lie to me. How could that... that... DOG! Become a concubine?!"

"Your Grace. We dare not lie to you... His Majesty said it himself. The decree will be passed onto her in two days." Explained a worried looking minister, trying to calm down the inraged Queen.

"Two days!" Kwang Ja huffed, dropping herself to the floor in exhuastion. She was glaring at the ministers, gritting her teeth as the idea of the girl becoming a concubine was processed.

"Yes Your Grace... As Queen... You will have to be present at the ceremony and hand her the decree."  Mumbled the other minister, looking down at his palms, avoiding the icy stare from the Queen. 

"What?! I will not give a decree to that bloody girl! She is going to taint the royal bloodline with her lowborn past!" Kwang Ja growled angrily, clenching her delicate fingers to the point they had turned pale. "Get out, both of you." She added with spite. 

The two ministers left quicker than ever, to afraid to experience the cold Queen's wrath. 

"Hmph... Song.Ji.Hyo... You really have done it this time... Just you wait... I will make sure your life becomes a living hell.." Kwang Ja muttered under her breath as she was alone in her chambers, smiling crazily at her coldhearted thoughts. 


Meanwhile, Ji Hyo was surrounded by her close friends as they gaped in awe from the news. The news of her becoming a concubine had managed to spread throughout the entire palace, making most servants shocked. 

"Oh My God. He finally did it!" Cried Maeri as she pounced onto Ji Hyo, strangling her in a tight hug. 

"Aish.. Took long enough." Complained Lady Jung as she smiled looking at the two. 

Everyone crowded around her, eager to hear what happened between His Majesty and her to make him do such actions. Jae Suk was also watching the scene unfold with a smile, turning to lookg at General Ji who also seemed shocked. 

"Great isn't it? Our little Ji Hyo has becomed the cold King's sweet sunshine." Jae Suk sighed contently, leaning against the wall.

"Even though I never cared much about Ji Hyo, I feel as though she is my daughter in this moment.." General Ji mumbled as he also leaned against the wall.

"Aigoo~ Saying she is your daughter is too much. She doesn't even like you." Jae Suk retorted with a scowl.

"Yah! She admired me so much alright? If I had hit on her, she would have been mine like this" General Ji replied, snapping his fingers in a quick motion, only to make Jae Suk give a face of disgust before turning away from him. 

"This hyung is disgusting." He muttered, not really softly because the General shot him a sharp glare before scowling in annoyance. 

During that time, Ji Hyo was being squished by the large group hug that consisted of her friends whom she had worked with for more than a year. She smiled widely as she herself was also overwhelmed by the situation. 

"Yah, can you guys stop touching my woman?" Complained an annoyed King as he grinned at the sight. All the attendants took a glance at him before bowing, including Ji Hyo. They couldnt resist their smiles at the irritated King.

They released Ji Hyo from their embrace and gave her a playful shove towards the King, but Ji Hyo didnt budge and stayed rooted on the spot, slyly turning away from him. With her back towards the King, she gave a wink to her friends who noticed and giggled at her mischievous behaviour. Regaining their serious looks they turned to the king and dipped their heads, giving each other cunning glances.

The King widened his eyes at her turning away from him, shocked by the sudden change of behaviour. "Yah! You!" He called out, pointing a finger accusingly at her. 

Ji Hyo dramatically placed her hands over her ears, indicating that she blocked out all the noises around her. Jong Kook stared in disbelief of her childishness and marched with big steps towards her. The other attendants backed away, grinning from ear to ear at the playful couple. Jong Kook approached her, towering over her small frame but being stubborn, she turned away from him, smiling to herself. 

"Yah! How could you act this way? I am your husband now!" The King complained, stomping his feet like a child. Ji Hyo held her laughter and looked elsewhere.

"Ji Hyo-ah! I demand you to look at me! Now!" Jong Kook ordered grumpily, folding his arms angrily across his chest.

Ji Hyo turned to face him, making him grin, thinking he was so powerful that she would listen to him. Sticking out her tongue, she brushed past him and skipped down the steps, taking her hands off her ears as she walked away from him. Jong Kook's jaw gaped at her, watching her leave without a word. //That girl... I'm going to teach her a lesson.// He thought to himself, turning around to face his smirking attendants as they bursted out in laughter. Who in their right mind would act that way to the King? It seems Ji Hyo was the only person crazy enough to pull that stunt. 


Ji Hyo had found herself dragged away by some servants who smiled at her. Apparently she had to be dressed into her concubine clothing immediately. Without wasting anymore time, she was changed into a royal hanbok. The  inner clothing was a cream white colour that was made of silk, whilst the outer garment was a royal blue with intricate patterns embroided on. For her skirt it was a light sky blue, matching with her upper half. Her hair was pulled back and tied into a braided bun with a elegant white jade pin. Ji Hyo looked at herself in the mirror, gaping at how different she looked. Touching her tidy hair she also adjusted the jade bracelet she had worn since the day she received it from the King, smiling to herself, wondering what like would be like now as she was one of the two wives he had. 

//Looks like fantasies do come true.// 


Chapter 19 already?! Yay new characters! Our beloved Kwang Kyu and Choi Min Soo (Running man HUNTING!) Oh My Goodness! Who had watched the recent running man episode, I thought it was so interesting and funyn especially during the name tag ripping and the punishment! 

Also has anyone heard Gary's new song, Lonely Night? It is really good and I can't stop listening to it. Plus the music video came out and Ji Hyo is in it! Although I don't ship MC as much as SA I still found it quite cute. Perhaps one day Ji Hyo will be in a Turbo MV?