Chapter 20: 'Accidents' happen

Twisted Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Cheon Seong Im

Ever since that day, Jong Kook had been constantly sending her text messages but she didn’t know what to reply. She was still a little shy over his confession. Sometimes when she was out for lunch, Jong Kook would leave a stalk of rose on her table. It made her smile. People around the office were starting to gossip about them which made her uncomfortable.

She tried not to think about it and decided to focus on something more positive instead. Over lunch, she told Kwang Soo and Joong Ki about her parent’s plan on their trip to Europe and how jealous she was of them. But she couldn’t stop thinking of what Joong Ki had told her after the lunch. He told her that she was welcome anytime to stay over at their place instead if she ever felt lonely when her parents were away. He mentioned that his parents were busy handling some issues overseas and would not be back until at least a month later. She told him she would think about it and was seriously considering his offer but she wanted to discuss with her parents first before making a decision. 

As she sat there, deep in her thoughts, she heard a knock on the side of desk. It was Hong Jin Young, Jong Kook’s assistant.

“It’s Seong Im right? How’s your progress on the reports?” she said as she took a sip of her coffee.

“Oh…yea… I would be able to finish them by next week.” She smiled.

“Good… good…” As she walked around her table. Acting like she had tripped over something, she poured her cup of coffee all over Seong Im’s shirt and said “Oops, sorry” giving her an innocent smile.

Upon witnessing that, Dong Wook immediately stood up from his desk and shouted “Hong Jin Young-ssi!” She did it on purpose. She quickly stopped Dong Wook from doing anything and held him back. Several of the employees had already started crowding around them and she didn’t need any more unnecessary attention. She had coffee all over her shirt and jeans and some had spilled on her computer. She knew that Jin Young was probably jealous about her and Jong Kook and she didn’t want to pick a fight.

Suddenly, the crowd started to separate and she didn’t realize Jong Kook and HaHa were staring at them.

Kim Jong Kook

He was walking out of the meeting room with Dong Hoon when he saw a group of people crowding around her table. The first thought that went through his mind was, ‘Did something happen to her?’ He rushed forward and they immediately made way for him.

The first person he saw was Seong Im, her clothes was covered with coffee and she was standing in between Dong Wook and Jin Young. He looked to his assistant and she was holding an empty mug.

“What happened?!” Dong Hoon said. He didn’t realize he was standing beside him and jumped a little when he said that. Hopefully no one saw that.

“Sorry Seong Im ah, I tripped over the carpet, it wasn’t on purpose!” Jin Young said, ‘begging’ for her forgiveness.

“NOT ON PURPOSE?!” Dong Wook shouted as he r

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter