Our Promise Part 3

Please Love Me (Gender Bender)

 

Umm I don't think that Fantastic baby is a relevant title for this story so I decided to change...T^T anyway here's the last part!! Super long for you guys~~ ^^

 

Continue...

 

Yeon and Jessica spend for about 4 hours per day together and Yeon finds that he’s getting more and more attracted to the icy cold girl.

So one day, he decided to pull up his courage and ask her out.

 

 

During the tutorial session in Yeon’s room…

 

Jessica was looking through Yeon’s math homework while Yeon is struggling to finish his English homework. He keeps on peeking on the girl and once in awhile Jessica caught him peeking at her and so he quickly looks away.

Little did he knows, Jessica was smirking on the opposite side. She finds that Yeon’s attitude was cute.

 

‘Come on Yeon! You can do this!!’ Yeon shouted in his little brain to courage himself.

‘Are you having problem with your English essay Yeon?’

‘I can’t believe this…’ Yeon blurted out.

‘Can’t believe in what?’

‘I can’t believe that my dad got me a younger girl to teach me on my homework…do you actually know what these book talking about?’

‘Oh yes…my IQ level is 370…so I had no problem to understand these books though I never learnt it before…’

‘370?!! You are freak…’

‘A freak that excel her study and co-curriculum~’

‘Aish…I don’t want to fight with you! I’ve always lose!’

‘Good that you know that…’ Jessica snorted and continues to check on Yeon’s math homework.

‘Tch…’ Yeon scoffs and continue to do his essay.

 

 

Yuri’s room

 

‘Oppa!!’ a young girl barge into the boy’s room ad she gasps when she saw Tiffany was inside changing her cloth and so she screamed.

Yuri who was preparing something to eat at the kitchen heard the scream so he run as fast as he could to reach his room at the second floor.

‘What happened?!!’

‘There’s a girl in your room!!’ the young girl pointing at her brother’s room with teary eyes.

‘Oh…Yoona ah…that’s Tiffany…oppa’s best friend…you still remember her right? You know the little cry that used to carry Hello Kitty doll anywhere she goes and often cry when oppa bully her?’

‘Ah!! That little chubby Miyoung unnie?!’

‘Yah!! I’m not chubby anymore! By any chance…are you Yoona? Yuri’s sister that was sent to study in America a few years ago?’

‘Yes~~ I just came back last night…’

‘Oh my god!! Look at you girl! You look so beautiful!’

‘Wait the second….’ Yoona broke the nostalgia moment ‘What are you doing in my brother’s room? Changing your cloths…are the two of you…’

‘No!’ both answers in unison.

‘Well Tiffany was wet because of the heavy rain so I asked her to get change while I go make some hot chocolate and sandwich for her to eat while teaching me…’ Yuri explains.

‘Oh…who knows what might happen when a girl and a boy alone in a room together~~’

Tiffany blushed at Yoona’s words same goes to Yuri and he wanted to get rid of his sister as soon as possible before she says anything more that will embarrass the two of them.

‘What do you want in my room?’

‘I want to borrow your Mac can I?’

‘Just take whatever you needed and don’t come to bother me studying!’

‘…or ‘studying’?’ Yoona emphasize the word ‘studying’ and cause Yuri to twist he ear ‘Get it and leave!’

Yoona blows raspberry and take away her brother laptop then leave the room with a mischievous message ‘Yah…unnie…I don’t want to become an aunt so young…’

‘Yah!! I heard that!’ Yuri yells at his sister ‘I’m seriously sorry about her…she never change ever since she’s young…she keeps on teasing the two of us…’ Yuri sighs.

‘…and she gotten more and more ert…’

‘Tell me about it…leaving to long in America can change someone eh? Let just skip that question…now let’s start with our English essay then…I’m going to teach you the Korean proverbs…’

‘Okay~’

 

 

Yeon’s room

 

‘Seriously Yeon…it’s been 3 hours already…and you still unfinished with your English essay?’ Jessica crossed her arms while waiting for the boy to finish his works.

‘I don’t have anymore to write…’

‘It’s getting late…I should go home now…’ Jessica packs her stuffs.

‘What about my essay? Don’t you want to check it?’

‘I’ll check it tomorrow…I’m tired. Look at the time it’s 11 pm and I’m still here stuck with you…’ Jessica complains.

‘You know what…just take it with you and read if you got time tonight…’ Yeon slips his essay into Jessica’s bag and then he helps Jessica to tidy up the table before walk her down to the door.

When he opens the door for her, it was raining outside and Jessica didn’t bring any umbrella with her.

‘I think it’s better if you just stay here for the night…’ Yeon suggested.

‘No…I’m not going to spend my night in a stranger house…can I borrow your umbrella? I’ll give it back to you by tomorrow…’

‘What? You’re just going to walk home in the rain?’

‘Rather than I stay with you…’

‘……fine…’ Yeon gives up and takes the umbrella ‘…but I’m not letting you walk alone…I’ll walk you home…’ he opens the red umbrella and they walk abreast together along the wet road.

 

Yeon can feel his heart beating fast under his chest because it’s actually the first time he ever got so close with Jessica and Jessica doesn’t seems to mind it when his hand brushed with hers.

As they approach a junction, Jessica steps out from the umbrella and bow to him ‘Bye Yeon…I think this will be the last time we will meet…I hope you’ll be a best student…and prove to me that I’m wrong for saying you’re stupid…’

‘Jessica…what are you doing? You’re going to get sick! Get back here!’

‘I’m sorry Yeon…this is our goodbye…’

‘Jessica?’

Jessica bows again and she looks at him for the final time and Yeon saw that she’s crying. She was trying to cover up her tears with the rain fall.

‘Jessica are you okay?’ Yeon asked and before he can get a step closer to her, she ran away and vanishes into the darkness of the night.

Yeon sighs and turn his way back ‘I want to tell you that I love you…but it seems like…I will never get the chance…I hope she’ll read the essay…’

 

 

Jessica’s house

 

‘Unnie! You’re wet!’

‘Of course I’m wet! I had to run back here you know?’

‘What? Yeon oppa didn’t send you back?’

‘I prevent him to do so…I don’t him to know about who am I… if he saw you he will remember who am I…that’s why I stop him.’

‘How long are you going to keep this secret? Sooner or later…oppa will know that you are the Sooyeon he used to play with when he was younger and also the one that he said he wanted to marry when he grow up…’

‘I know Krystal…I want to be with him so badly but I promise Kim omma before she died that I will make Yeon changed…and I think I’ve succeed…he’s no more a school bully and his grade are slowly improving…’

‘It must be hard for you to pretend to ignore him all this while…I hope oppa will realize one that you’re true identity…’

‘Cut short the talk Krystal! I’m freezing! I’m going to take a warm shower then went to bed…night!!’ Jessica kissed her sister on the cheek and run up to her room.

 

After taking her bath, Jessica takes out all of her stuff from her wet bag and then she found the crumpled paper of which where Yeon wrote the essay.

‘I wonder what he wrote…’ and so Jessica opens the paper and read the essay that Yeon had written.

 

‘My childhood memories…

 

When I was 7 I promised someone that I will marry her when we’ve grown up. I still remember I made her a flower tiara and she loves it so much and she told me that she will treasure it till forever. I told her that the flower will decompose by then but she replied me ‘these flowers are the first and last present that I received from you because I’m going to America soon…’ I never knew that day was the last day I would see her. After that day, I never met her anymore. Her house is empty and my heart and life is empty without her. I missed her and the reason why I become a badass in school because I couldn’t get my desperation anywhere so I let them all out at my schoolmates. I feel bad every time I bully someone but it’s the only way I can get my mind of her. I can’t remember how she looked like…it’s been quite some time and I believe that she has grown up to a beautiful lady now. I wish that one day I will meet her again and I want to ask her if she remembered our promises.

Then, one day, I met this girl at the elite class. She was the new student in our school. She looked like an angel but, her attitude…she’s so arrogant. But I like her anyway. There is something about her that make me feel like I’ve known her for awhile but nothing recollect about her so I decide to ignore it. I swear to God every time I saw her, my heart will go wild uncontrolled. I bet she notices it but she ignored it. Lately, I’ve been spending much of my time with her and I found that she’s very attractive. Every sharp word that she spoke out did not take any effect on me because my heart beats nothing but for her beauty.

Now…I am stuck in between. I want to be with Jessica…but I can’t forget about my childhood sweetheart. I’ve promised her something and I must keep my promise. Jessica…I just want to tell you that I love you…

 

Love,

KIM YEON’

 

Jessica cried after she read the essay. It’s more to a confession letter than an essay. She never thought that she was the reason behind Yeon’s wild behavior.

‘Pabo yah…’ she scolds him through the letter though she knows he will not hear what she said.

 

 

Months passed

 

Yeon is totally a changed student. He excels his classes and even receives the award of best math student. He suddenly becomes a respected student from a most feared student.

He’s happy with his new achievement but one that is missing. His heart.

He found out that Jessica was gone back to America will only will come back when he graduate.

‘Again…’ he sighs under the large tree at the school garden. He was watching the sky while lying down on the grass. As he was about to doze off to his sleep, he heard a couple quarrelling coming toward his direction.

 

‘Yah!! Stupid Yuwree!!’

‘Stupid mushroom!!’

‘Yah! What did you called me? Mushroom?! Yah!! Do you know how much I hate you for making me pregnant?!’

‘Hey!! You’re the one that attack me with kisses that night!!’

‘That is because you are so pabo that you couldn’t see my true feeling for you!!’

‘Okay! I’m sorry…I’m sorry that I make you pregnant…’

‘Sorry is not enough Yuwree!!’

‘I know…so that is why I’m doing this…’ Yuri kneels down on his right knee and takes out a small box from his pocket.

‘Will you marry me? And let me take care of you?’

‘What is this??’ Tiffany gasps.

‘I have to responsible to what happened to you…and that child is my child…’

‘Oh Yuri!! I’ve been waiting so long for this!!’

 

Seeing the scene, Yeon suddenly remember his vow to someone.

 

 

Flashback 13 years ago

 

‘Yeon oppa~’

‘Deh Sooyeon ah?’

‘Will oppa marry me when I grow up?’

‘Of course!! Oppa loves Sooyeon!!’

‘Yeah!! Sooyeon will be Yeon’s oppa’s wife!!’ and the little girl leaps and gives Yeon a kiss on the cheek.

 

‘Sooyeon’

‘Deh omma?’

‘We need to go home now your sister Soojung and your father is waiting!’

‘Arasho omma!!’

‘…Sooyeon ah…’

‘Deh oppa?’

‘Do you really have to go?’

‘…en…’

‘Can’t you stay?’

‘I’m sorry oppa…but I promise I come back…’

‘Sooyeon ah…’ little Yeon did not want to let go of the young girl’s hand ‘Oppa…oppa will wait for you and will marry you when you come back…’

‘En! Promise?’

‘Promise…’

 

End of flash back

 

‘Yeon? Hey Yeon…are you there?’ Yuri knock on the boy head which caused him to hissed.

‘Yah…what was that for?’

‘You’re seemed to be lost in your thought so I give you a knock!’ Yuri joked but he only got shoved away from Yeon.

‘Yuri…did you really propose to Tiffany?’

‘Propose?’ Yuri and Tiffany look at each other ‘Oh you mean the earlier scene?’

‘Deh…’

‘No~~ of course not! Me marrying my own best friend since diapers? Hahaha that was our drama practice…we are involved in the musical showcase for our senior year you know?’ Yuri explained.

‘Oh…I see…’

‘and Yeon…do you think that I will be so…impulsive till I make Tiffany pregnant?’

‘Who knows…the two of you are friend with benefit no?’ Yeon said as he gets up from the grass facing the two people in front of him.

‘We’re best friend Yeon ah not friend with benefit!’ Tiffany retorted.

‘Whatever…’ Yeon waves his hand and takes all of his books with him as he leaving the garden.

 

‘He’s a changed man…but his cold attitude is still there!’

‘Well Fany ah…you gotta admit that Jessica manage to mould him to a different person from before right?’

‘Yes…you’re right Yuri…but I wonder where is Jessica now…she left without any messages…’

 

 

Music room

 

Yeon enters the music room for the first time in his life. He places his bag on the floor and went to the place where the grand piano is suited.

He opens the cover and seated himself on the bench before he starts to play out some note.

 

‘I never knew you play piano before…’ Yeon was shocked by a female voice.

He turns to face the owner of the voice and his eyes widen ‘Jessica?!’

‘Hey…it’s been awhile…’

‘Wow…where have you been? I was worry about you…ever since that night…I feel so guilty cause I thought you didn’t want to see me anymore…’

‘Well…after I read your letter…’

‘Ah…you’ve read it huh…look…whatever is in there…I just want you to know that I respect your decision…I won’t force you to like me but I hope we be friend…is that okay?’

‘Well….are you coming tonight?’

‘Huh? Where?’

‘The showcase…I’m going to perform on stage tonight…’ Jessica seated next to him and it actually the first time she smiles at him.

‘Sure…why not…I’ll be there to support you!’

‘Great….promise?’

‘Promise!’ Yeon nodded.

‘Anyway Jessica…I glad to have you back…’

‘I’m glad I’m back too…’

 

 

Soshi High auditorium

 

‘Yeon? I thought you said you’re not interested in the showcase?’

‘Yuri? I thought you are going to be performing with Tiffany?’

‘She’s the one that performing…I’m just helping…’ Yuri explained and then he took a seat next to Yeon.

‘Well…I promised Jessica that I will be supporting her…’

‘Ooh~ so she’s back huh?’

‘Yes…I’m glad she’s back…’

‘I’m glad she could change you!’

‘Whatever…’ Yeon chided.

 

Host: Ladies and gentlemen…tonight for the first showcase will be a musical performance by the Elite class student…we proudly present to you ‘Romeo and Juliet Rock the Musical!’

 

‘Rock version of Romeo and Juliet???? What the…’

‘Oh yeah~~ it’s my idea~~’ Yuri puts up his thumb.

 

The Musical ended and the host announce again.

 

Host: We have a very special performance here that will be conduct by our new student…so everyone give her a round of applause…we invite Jung Sooyeon to entertain us!

 

‘Sooyeon?!’ Yeon jerk up from his seat and everyone stares at him then, Yuri pull his sleeve and asked him to sit back.

 

Jessica came out from the back stage elegantly with her white gown and when she spotted Yeon and she smiles at him.

 

‘Sooyeon?? My Sooyeon?’ Yeon keeps on asking himself.

 

‘Everyone that is here tonight…I want to dedicate this song for someone that I love so much and means a lot to me…I hope he gets the message that I tried to show to him…This song is call ‘Can you hear me?’ famous by Kim Taeyeon of SNSD…’

 

Jogeumman ahpado nummulnayo
Gaseumyi soricheoyo
Geudae apeul guedae gyeoteul jinamyeon

Ontong sesangi geudaeyindae
Geudaeman geurineundae
Geudae appaeseu sumyul jukyeoyo

Naegae geudaega inyangi ahnin geotcheoreom
Geujeo seuchinun sunganin geotcheoreom
Sibgae nal jinajineun geudae gyeotae
Ddoo dagaga han geolyeumjocha
Chae tal su eobseuljirado

Seoseongyigae hae nummuljiegae hae... 
Babocheoreom ahyicheoreom
Chalayi geunyang ohsobeoryeo
Jeom jeom daga seolsurok
Jagu geobi najiman
Yi sarangeun meongchul suga umnabwa
Wae nae sarangman deohdingeojyo
Nae sarangman himdeuljyo
Geudae apeil guedae gyeote yiteohdo
Ontong saesangi geudaeyinde
Geudaeman boyinunde
Geudae appaeseon nan meon gokman bwayo.

Naegae geudaega ggok majimak in geotcheoreom
Naege majimak sunganin geotcheoreom
Swibge nal jinajineun geudae gyeote
Ddoo dagaga hangeolyeum jocha
Chae tte sul eobseojirado

Seoseongyigae hae nummuljiegae hae... 
Babocheoreom ahyicheoreom chalari geunyang ohseobeoryeo
Jeomjeom daga seolsurok jagu geobi najiman
I sarangeun meomchul suga eobnabwa

Meon balchiseo na jamsirado
Geudae barabol su yitohdo
Geugae sarangyijo

Hoksi yi gidarimyi yi geuriumyi
Dahyeul ttaemyeon deullil ttaemyeon
Chalayi molleun cheok hajwoyo
Geudaeyaegae galsurok jagu geomi najiman
Yi sarangeun meomchul suga eobneyo

Yeon was in tears as he listen to her song. Her beautiful melody. How could he be so blind all this while the love of his life was just right under his nose.

 

After the showcase Yeon waited Jessica at the school gate and when she came out, she immediately bow and apologize ‘Yeon oppa…I guess you knew it already…I didn’t mean to lie to you…I promise Kim omma I will transform you from a badass to an angel…’

‘Is it really you? The Sooyeon that I promised that I will marry her when she gets back to Korea?’

‘Yes it’s me…’ Jessica tilts up her head and the next thing that happen is, Yeon pull her into a hug a tight hug.

‘Yeon oppa?’ Jessica gently puts her hands on the boy’s back.

‘I missed you…’

Jessica cries at his shoulder and she tightens her grip on the boy’s shirt.

‘I’m sorry oppa…’

‘Sooyeon…marry me…’ Yeon push her a little bit to have a look at her face ‘Will you marry me?’ Yeon asked again.

Jessica nods eagerly and so Yeon sealed their promise with a kiss. It was their first kiss and Jessica feels like she’s flying when Yeon’s lips touches hers.

 

‘What the…’ Yuri and Tiffany were surprised at that scene and so they decide to leave the couple to unleashed their feeling toward each other as they took another route to get out from the school.

 

‘Ah…I can’t believe that the two of them are together now…’ Tiffany complains and she linked her arms with Yuri’s arm and she laid her head on his shoulder as they stroll along the way to Tiffany’s house.

‘Yeah…me jealous…I don’t have any girlfriend up till now…’ Yuri pouted.

‘As long as I’m attach to you don’t even think about having any girlfriend!’ Tiffany warned the boy.

‘Yah! It’s not fair! You get to kiss other boy up on stage and you are so flirty with them! Huh!!’

‘Aigoo…my lovely seobang is angry huh?’ Tiffany pinch Yuri’s cheek but Yuri grip on her wrists.

‘Fany….we can’t continue like this…’

‘Why?’

‘I’m not your seobang…I don’t want to be your seobang…I want to be your other half…Fany ah…please accept my love…’

‘Yuri?’

‘I know this sound stupid…but I just want to say that I love you…’

 

The End