Chapter 1: Move on

Please Love Me (Gender Bender)

 

Yeon is sitting by his room’s balcony and enjoying the cool breeze that blowing.

‘Hyung…’ he’s brother approaches him.

‘Oh Yul…’ he turns to glance at him and continue to watch the scenery.

‘Appa…he forcing you to get a wife again isn’t he?’

‘Deh…’ Yeon nods without leaving his gaze from their house garden.

‘I think you should go and find yourself a wife…’

‘Don’t talk about whether I should marry or not Yul…you are the one who should move on…’

‘Hyung…you know…no one can replace Yoona’s place in my heart…’ he sighs and joins his brother to sit on the wooden couch.

‘Your wife is dead…until when are you going to stay single?’

‘No! She’s not dead! She’s still in my heart! And you know that! You know how much I love her!’

Yeon silences for a moment and he waits for Yul to calm down before speak up ‘I know how much you love her Yul…but…I’m sure she wants you to be with someone else so you could move on…’

‘There is no someone else that can replace her…why are we talking about this? You are the one that should get marry! You’re not young anymore hyung…you’re 28 this years and Appa is dying…you know that don’t you?’

‘I don’t want to get marry yet…’ Yeon takes out his cigarette and light it up.

‘Hyung…please…don’t smoke…’

‘It’s my lung Yul…I can do whatever I want to it…if you want to stay here and nag about me should get married soon you better leave the room…’

Yul glances at his brother for the last time before he exits the room.

 

SBS WORLD

 

‘Jessica Jung!!’

‘Yes director?’

‘I want you to do this scene tomorrow…’ he instructs her.

‘Jump off from a 3 storey building?’ Jessica gulps down her fears when she reads the script.

‘Yes…anything wrong with that?’

‘Umm…no…’ she fakes a smiles and she bows at the director before she walks away.

‘Oh and Jessica!’

‘Yes Director?’ she swirls on the floor and face the director.

‘Cut your hair short…’

‘What?’

‘I said cut it short…’

Jessica feels like want to cry because her hair is her life and then the director as her to cut it short she only can nods to hide her tears.

Jessica packs her stuff and heads out the building.

She curses the weather when she steps out and it’s raining heavily ‘Today is the worst day of my life!’ she grunts and uses her bag to cover up her head and she sprints toward the crowded bus stop.

The bus stop is too pack from people trying to shield themselves from the falling rain Jessica was pushed away when she tried to squeeze in the crowds.

‘WTH?’ she curses when she hits the ground.

The bus reach the bus stop but the people are pushing in the bus and when the bus is full Jessica wants to enter it but the bus conductor stops her and the bus left without her.

‘That was the last bus!’ she kicks the pole and then she walks in the rain to reach home.

 

Jessica reaches home soaking wet and she’s totally too exhausted even to greet her cousin and she when straight to her bedroom.

‘Jess?’ Tiffany follows the girl and she found her already fallen asleep on her bed.

‘Jessica you can’t sleep with your body all soaking wet! Go and get change or else you are going to be sick!’

Jessica takes the pillow and covers her ears because she doesn’t want to listen to Tiffany’s nag.

Tiffany sighs and shakes the girl till she wakes up ‘Jessie…Jessie…Jessie! If you are sick who’s going to take care of Krystal?’

Like magic words, Tiffany’s words manage to make the girl to wake up straight and she is frowning at her ‘Tiffany…you are seriously getting on my nerve! Do you know how bad luck am I today? I think my daily life today can be feature in Daniel Powter’s Bad day’s song!’

‘Things are not that bad right? It will always be a brighter tomorrow after a hard day so just smile and blend in the situation!’

Jessica zips up her lips and she stays silent on her bed and Tiffany pouts at her cousin’s silence.

‘Come on Jessie…go take your bath and join me for our dinner! I cooked…umm…’

‘Let me guess…burnt omelets again?’

‘Well…it’s better than the one I cooked yesterday!’

‘Tiff…’ Jessica puts her hand on Tiffany’s shoulder and sighs ‘You are the worst cooker in this whole wide world!’

‘Yah!! Jessica Jung!! You can’t even mix mayonnaise with tuna and you dare to say me?!’

Jessica just stuck out her tongue and runs to the bathroom.

 

The Next Day Kim&Kwon Company 8.30 am (Yeon’s office)

 

‘Morning Mr. Yeon…’

‘Morning Dara…’

‘The newspaper and your honey tea are on your table sir…and the reports of last month project are all on your table sir…’

‘Thanks again Dara…’ Yeon steps into his office and he puts his briefcase on his desk.

‘Sir…’ his secretary Sandara Park or more comfortable to be call Dara approaches him again.

‘What is it now Dara?’

‘Umm…your schedule for the day…’ Dara shows him her Ipad.

‘You have a meeting with Mr. Henry Lau from China at 10, then at 12 noon you have a lunch with our client Mr. Choi Siwon because he wants to discuss about our new shopping mall project with him. 3 pm you have a brief visit to ‘ELITE’ mall and you need to prepare a short motivation speech for our workers…’

Yeon just nods at his secretary’s words.

‘And Sir…’

‘Deh…’

‘Miss Sunny is here again…’

Yeon sighs and he shakes his head ‘I don’t want her to be in this building…you know what to do don’t you?’

‘Yes Sir…’

‘Good…anything else?’

‘No sir…’

‘Okay…go do your work…’

After Dara went out Yul gets in ‘Hyung…’

‘Yes Yul?’

‘Why are you rather moody this morning?’

‘Sunny is here…’

‘Well…go meet her.’

‘We broke up…’

‘What?’

‘I don’t like to be with the girl who just love my money…and I don’t even love that girl…it’s Appa that wants me to be with her…’ Yeon pretends to check on the report at the same time trying to ignore his brother.

‘Hyung…’

‘What now?! Can’t you see that I’m busy?’

‘I just want to tell you that there will be a demonstration of the ‘Samurai Princess’ shooting at our mall today…since the entertainment agency is under us so they choose our mall as their shooting location…so they asked me if you want to watch how they work?’

‘What time is the shooting?’

‘After your visit…4 pm…’ Yul stated.

‘Alright…I’ll be there…now leave me alone…’

‘Geez…Ice prince…’

‘Yeah…dork…this ice prince here is your brother…’ Yeon glares at the tanned younger man.

‘Fine…I’ll leave you alone now…’ Yul steps back and he winks at his brother before went out.

 

‘Miss Sunny! Miss Sunny! You can’t go in!’ Dara tried to stop the girl from entering Yeon’s office but she pushes her away and steps into his office.

‘Sir! I’m sorry sir I tried to stop her but she insists to…’

‘It’s okay Dara…What do you want Sunny?’ Yeon glares at the petite girl.

‘You! I spent thousands of dollar on my dress and trying to make myself beautiful so you will be delighted to be seen with a beautiful girlfriend at our party last night and Daddy was about to announce our engagement and what did you do?! You make a video conference and told everyone that you want to break up with me! What the hell do you think I am?! I love you so much and I do everything to make you happy but you never tell me that you love me or you like the things I’ve done for you!’

‘Isn’t it obvious?’ Yeon sits back and he stares at Sunny with no emotion on his face.

‘You are making that face again! That emotionless face of yours!! You are like the cold blood human!!’ Sunny throws her handbag to Yeon and it hit his shoulder.

‘Sunny…I never like you from the start my father ask me to date you…I was playing along because I love him and I don’t to break his heart by saying I don’t want to go out with you…get it? I don’t love you or even like you…’ Yeon says calmly.

Sunny scoffs and she puffed when she heard Yeon’s reply.

‘You will regret this Kim Yeon!’

‘Bring it on…’ Yeon smirks and he waves his hand to instruct his security to bring out the girl.

The security grab Sunny on her arms but she yanks them away ‘I know where’s the exit is!’ she went to retrieve her bag from Yeon and walk out angrily from the office.

Yeon just watch the girl walk away and then he continues to do his work.

 

3.30 pm ELITE Mall

 

Jessica fixes her hair for like the hundreds time because she wasn’t used to her new short hair.

‘Jessica!’

‘Oh! Donghae oppa!’

‘Are you ready to make the jump?’

‘Deh…’ she lied.

Donghae pats her on the shoulder and walks away.

 

‘Jessie~~!!!’ Tiffany comes running to her.

‘Tiff? What are you doing here? Don’t you need to work?’ Jessica was surprised by her cousin visit.

‘I took half day! I couldn’t bear to work without thinking of you endangers your life jumping off this shopping mall!!’ Tiffany pulls Jessica into a hug and she cries.

‘Oh c’mon Tiff! There will be air bags down here I will be safe!’

‘….but…you’re wound from the last time scene is still…’

‘I’m okay now Tiff! You see I can swing my arm without no…’ she pauses for awhile went the pain from her previous wound sting ‘…pain.’

‘You can lie to yourself and other but you can’t lie to me Jessie!’

 

Flashback a week ago…

 

‘Ah seriously…’ member of T-ara Hyomin approaches Jessica who is having her tea break by the prop.

Jessica just flashes a weak smile and then excuses herself.

‘Wait! I want to talk to you…’ Hyomin stops her and Jessica was puzzle by the idol’s action.

‘I just want to say thank you for willing to do the stunt for me…’ she bows.

Jessica who is feeling awkward quickly bows back ‘Miss Hyomin…it’s my pleasure to do the scene for you…’ she said.

‘Girls watch out!’ a crew shouts at them when a ladder falls toward them.

Jessica act quick by pushing Hyomin away but she herself got crushed by the ladder.

‘Oh my god! Call ambulance now!!’ Hyomin instruct and she quickly pushes away the ladder and kneels beside Jessica who is holding on her arm.

One of Jessica arm was injured because she falls on top of the others prop and something sharp wounded her arm.

‘Oh my god! You are bleeding!’ Hyomin shrieks.

‘It’s okay…’ Jessica forces herself to get up and she immediately presses the wound with her hand to stop the bleeding ‘I’ll just need to wash it and plaster it then it will be okay!’ Jessica grins to hide her tears.

The other crews sighs in relieve and went back to their work and Hyomin bows again to thanks Jessica and Jessica just smiles and she excuse herself to clean up her wound.

When she turns backing the others she cries softly and she limps toward the washroom.

 

End of flashback….

 

After a short visit to all of the shops in the mall, Yeon and Yul were checking out the preparation form the 5thfloor and Yeon got her eyes fixed on a girl with short blonde hair while having his arms folded. Yul on the other side is busy listening to the drama crew explanation for the scene they about to shoot.

‘So you see…our stunt girl will jump of from the 3rd floor and fall on the air bags down there and then she will start to fight with the villain…and…’ before the girl could finish her words Yeon cut her through.

‘I want to see she makes a demo before you guys start shooting…and let’s go down to level 3…’ he said coldly and then he walks to the lift.

Yul frowns at his brother sudden request and he just shrug when the drama crew look at him with a frown.

‘Hyung are you sure this is a good idea?’ Yul asks in the lift.

 

Ding

 

‘We pay for their salary don’t we?’ Yeon says in his cold tone.

‘Yeah…you are right…but…’ Yul got cut through by Yeon.

‘I don’t want to hear anymore bull Yul…they do it or they don’t…if they don’t do it…I will just have to stop this ‘Samurai Princess’ drama project…’

Yul was speechless at his brother reply and he just nods and swallows down his nervousness while talking to the ice hearted man.

 

 

‘Mr. Director…’ a working crew runs to him and whisper something in his ear.

‘What?!’

‘He said do it or don’t…if we don’t…he will have to take back all of the budgets…’

‘Damn it!’ the director curses and then he calls for Jessica.

‘Jessica Jung!’

‘Deh director!’

‘Go do the jump now!’

‘What?’ Jessica was dumbfounded by the instruction.

‘What the…Sir! You can’t let she do it before a proper warming up!’ Tiffany steps forward and try to defense her cousin.

‘She either does it or us all going to be unemployed…’

Jessica breathes out heavily and she nods and put on the safety guard on her knees and elbows.

‘Jessie!’ Tiffany tries to stop her cousin but Jessica just pushes her away.

‘I’m going to be okay…’ Jessica holds Tiffany cheek to assure her.

 

 

‘Hyung…are you sure about this? That girl seems like she’s going to collapse any soon! She’s so fragile and yet you want her to do this jump!’ Yul tries to make his brother change his mind when he saw Jessica’s state.

The girl looks pale and she’s limping and she’s too skinny and look like she will breaks if she jumps down from the 3rdfloor.

‘What for is she calls as a stunt woman if she couldn’t do the jump?’ Yeon just folds his arm and stand by the corner watching Jessica getting ready.

‘You are so heartless!’

‘Shut up Yul…or I will make you to replace her to jump…’

Yul was struck up by the words and he just huffs and silent himself beside the older boy.

 

‘Jessica when I say cue you jump off okay?!’

 

‘Arasho!’ Jessica puts up a thumb and she positions herself on the spot.

 

‘Cue!’