Chapter 01: Did you miss me?

Housemates
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sera was walking down the narrow path towards her house. She looked around for Kyungsoo but he was nowhere to be found.

She was certain that he was right behind her when she left school. Nevertheless she didn't turn back to look for him. She tightend the grip on her backpack strap and started walking faster towards her house which was visible now.

Suddenly she heard a bark behind her. She stopped, turned and saw that it was a black dog. She didn't know the type of the dog but it was one of those big dogs with fur covering it's entire body.

She smiled a bit seeing the well groomed black dog but the dog kept on barking standing about five feet away from her.

She sighed and slowly turned to go back. But as she turned she felt the dog move infront a bit. She looked at it, and now it was moving towards her barking louder and speeding up with it's teeth looking like they were going to rip her heart out as soon as they land on her.

Sera's heart started beating faster than ever, with sweat now covering her entire body. Her brain said she needed to start running, but her legs didn't move an inch. She started shaking as she saw how large the teeth of the black beast infront of her was. It wasn't a dog anymore it was a big beast. A beast with claws out charging at her.

Her knees gave up and she ended up falling down and sitting on the road with her hands covering her eyes not wanting to see herself being ripped into peices.

She felt the vibration through the floor of the beast barking and running towards her. She hunched more knowing it was only a matter of seconds before she was going to be lying on the road eaten by a beast.

She waited, and waited but nothing came. She slowly opened her eyes and moved her hand to see where the beast was. But there was no beast. Only a puppy infront of her.

She looked at the small black puppy who was now sitting infront of her looking at her sweetly. She looked around but saw no one. She was confused. How can a wild beast turn into a puppy?

Sera felt her heart now slowing down as she put her hands down and the puppy them sweetly.

The puppy got onto her lap and was now her face. Sera smiled but looked away as someone started shaking her...

"Sera!!!!", kyungsoo screamed shaking the lazy lady on bed, holding by her shoulders ," wake up!!!"

Sera fluttered her eyes open and looked at kyungsoo wide eyed.

Kyungsoo backed a bit and asked,

"Adjumma is asking where to put your books".

Sera rubbed her eyes now realising that she was back in the real world. Confused, she looked back at kyungsoo.

"Ah hurry up and tell", kyungsoo whined.

"What books?" Sera whined back.

"The books in the guest room. You said you'll take them out last week... and he's coming today"

"He? He who?"

"Uh... Our new housemate, idiot. Now get up before adjumma decides to burn your books", kyunsoo threw a pillow on to Sera's face and went outside.

Sera woke up sighing and saw that it was nine o'clock in the morning. She started to get out of bed when she saw that she was covered in sweat.

Then she realised that what she saw before was just a dream. The beast and the puppy.

It was just a dream...just a dream

She told herself and now walked towards her door.

She peeped to see whether anyone was there on the hallway knowing the two guest rooms were next to her room and she was sure her mother was now doing the final touches in cleaning and arranging the rooms.

Kyungsoo's and Sera's rooms were upstairs together with two more larger rooms. And Sera's parents' was down.

Kyungsoo's was right next to the staircase and Sera's was the one at the end on the opposite side with one guest room infront of her and the other right beside her and next to the stair case.

The stair case lead to a small living room upstairs and had kyungsoo's room at one corner alone leaving the other three rooms on its other side.

Sera peeped and saw her mother carrying some boxes. The atmosphere seemed busy as she heard her father talking to her mother from downstairs. She quickly ran to the bathroom which was in between her room and the room next to her's.

All bed rooms had their own attached bathrooms except for Sera's and the room right opposite to her's. She didn't really mind in having her bathroom like that. Infact it never even crossed her mind for ten years.

She quickly washed, brushed her teeth and walked to her room with the towel wrapped around her.

She got into comfortable clothes and pinned up her long brown wavy hair. She looked at herself in the mirror and smiled a bit.

Everyday she smiles at her mirror knowing that she wasn't the perfect girl she always wanted to be. Like all girls she wanted to wear awesome clothes and shoes, put on make up and walk around malls, atleast not buying anything, but she never did that. She always dreamt of the day where she'll have them and do all what she wants to do.

Sera sighed a bit but then again saw the three gold stars pasted at the top corner of her mirror.

Well, she was told once to paste something which symbolises her goals or principles somewhere she can see them everyday to motivate and remind herself.

Her three stars symbolised one to study well and get into a good university, the other to do whatever it takes to take care of her parents and the last to always be there for her handful of friends.

She smiled more brightly seeing it and now turned to her door. She walked out almost knocking on her mother bringing in some empty boxes.

"Oh so sorry, umma", sera apologized. Mrs. Kim smiled back and picked up the fallen box.

"Come with me. You need to take those books out and put it in to the other room", her mother said walking into the room infront of Sera's.

Sera ran back and asked,

"Why that room, umma? Only one person is coming? And why does he want this room? That one has an attached bathroom also".

Mrs.kim handed the box to sera pointing at the books piled up at a corner and went near the bed to arrange the pillows which were lying all over on it.

"He wants a room with alot of light apparently. Since this room has a sliding door and a balcony unlike the other one we figured he'd want this", Mrs. Kim explained arranging the boxes.

Sera smiled and said while putting in her books to the box,

"Hmm he sounds like a fuss pot...and looks like he's very rich too".

Sera ended with a smirk looking at how the room was perfectly redone just for him. It was the first time a person requested to change the room according his wishes. It was definitely more classier than it was before.

It was also said another person was coming with him but it looked like only one was coming now. And it was Mr.Fuss pot.

He must earn alot then. Wow, that vase looks expensive. And who the hell has this as a mirror?

Sera thought as she now took a quick walk around the new room and was passing the so called mirror which was so large and had a line of squares popping out as the frame of it. It looked classy and so new but it was still a mirror.

"Beautiful, right?" Sera's mother asked looking at sera who paused infront of the mirror.

"Yeah but it's still just a mirror. Looks like he's a self obsessed person who loves to look at himself from head to toe all day", sera agreed with a smirk.

Her mother laughed a bit and came near sera. She placed her hands on her daughter's shoulders and spoke,

"I was talking about you".

Sera smiled sweetly seeing her mother look lovingly at her.

"Don't worry, umma. I'll get you a room full of mirrors just for you to spend your entire day inside it drinking coffee".

This mother and daughter were two people who always understood each other just by looking at each others' eyes.

Sera was the only child of Mr. and Mrs. Kim. Eventhough they live in an enormous house with kyunsoo now, they weren't as lucky back then.

Kyungsoo's parents were basically millionaires back when they were still living. Kyungsoo was only seven when both of them met with a terrible accident and passed away leaving Mr. and Mrs. Kim, kyungsoo's uncle and aunt, as his guardians.

Kyungsoo's mother was Mr.kim's sister. At that time he had only two options, either to get kyungsoo to come and live with them or to move into kyungsoo's place.

Kyungsoo's grandparents knowing that Mr. Kim was having trouble with money and the job and was barely staying in one place for more than six months, asked him to come to kyungsoo's place. And that was how sera and her family spent almost ten years with kyungsoo.

Kyungsoo loved Mr. and Mrs. Kim and absolutely enjoyed every single day with sera who was like his very own sister. He was more than glad that they took him into their family rather than putting him aside or treating him like he was an orphan who owned a big house and had bundles of money which was enough for him to live till he was about forty years old. He was always grateful towards them for giving him a life to live, not just to survive.

After about five years later, Mr. Kim and kyungsoo decided to open the house up for another housemate considering they had two large rooms vacant. Kyungsoo who was the owner of the house came up with this as a solution to keep sera and him company when Mr. and Mrs. Kim went abroad for days to buy items for their shop they owned.

Ever since then various people have come and stayed maximum of twelve months. Some were very nice people who even bought food for the two kids when then came home from work while some didn't really care and minded their own businesses.

The person who was coming today seems to be a fuss pot, a self obsessed and a filthy rich guy who is probably some owner of some big company according to sera.

Sera watched as her mother left screaming at her to take the box full of her books away.

Sera took the box and placed it inside the other room which was now packed with more boxes inside.

She felt her stomach rumble and she remembered that she hadn't eaten her breakfast. She immediately ran to the kitchen and on her way saw that kyungsoo had already left her breakfast on the dining table. Assuming everyone had already eaten sera started eating the pancakes in the plate infront of her now.

"Honey, I called the cab. I can go and pick him up from the airport", Mr. Kim now entered addressing Sera's mother who was nowhere near.

"Dad, you are going to pick him up? To the airport?" Sera asked a little surprised as to how much her parents were preparing for the new housemate's (who would probably just leave in about six months) arrival.

"Obviously your dad has to go, sera...", her mother came out of a room with a phone in her hand.

Kyungsoo who now appeared from the garden area, entered the living room through the opened sliding door, came and sat next to sera drinking some of the juice in the glass infront of her.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter