Chapter 20 : The thin line between love and hate

Housemates
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Stop it! No, Sehun let go..."

A hand smacked sehun's.
Sehun let go of his undone tie to look at sera in front of him. She pulled him closer making him skip a beat and started doing his tie as sehun watched her.

They were in front of the black car that got them to the place they were outside of at the moment.
It was one of Mr.Oh's many houses. A beautiful one.

Sera finally let go of sehun and scanned him from head to toe.

"Never thought you could look this decent", sera complimented seeing him in a dark blue suit and his hair styled up and neat.

Sehun smirked and answered,
"Thanks to you I have to go through all this"

"Come on, Sehun. You are going to a gathering and you have to look like Mr.Oh's son for once"

"Yeah, by going to this 'gathering' I'm going to miss kris hyung's party!"

"No, you are not! Bob oppa will drop you at the party after eight thirty...only after eight thirty, okay?"

Sehun rolled his eyes at sera.
It was supposed to be a chill Saturday evening with kris hyung's party (the party kris wanted to throw for the dance crew) following it but sera, kyungsoo and bob hyung had to barge in and dress Sehun up in a suit and push him into a car saying he needed to be at this place. And to sehun's much annoyance it was one of his father's famous gatherings with his clients and blah blah.

"What if bob hyung keeps me here all night?"

"No, he won't. Remember to be nice, okay?"

"Okayy", Sehun replied a bit annoyed and extremely frustrated.

Soon sera watched Sehun walk across the beautiful garden and on to the front porch. She waved as Sehun turned to take a final look at her. He finally went in and sera got on to the car with bob hyung peeping in through the window to say good bye to her and to a sleeping kyungsoo.

"Looks like kyungsoo fell asleep after all. Thank you for helping sera-ssi. I won't forget this", Bob said remembering how eager Sera was when bob mentioned his desire to take Sehun to the gathering and try to get him to spend time with his father. Ever since Sehun stood up for Kyungsoo Sera wanted to do something for Sehun. And so the least she could do is to help Sehun save his relationship with his father.

Sera waved as the car drove away and Bob made his way into the house.

Sera sat throughout the ride to Kris's place with her heart feeling empty. It was like she left something behind. She looked at kyungsoo sleeping so peacefully. He was sleeping ever since he got on the vehicle like he hadn't slept in weeks.

The ride was suddenly painfully long. It didn't feel this long the first time, maybe because sera kept listening to someone whine throughout before. The sudden emptiness made her feel lonely.

Kyungsoo woke up just as they stopped in front of Kris's place. It was only around five o'clock in the evening. No one was there.

"Hey~What up, people?" Kris greeted the first two guests, "You guys are way too late!"

"Well, we came to help", sera answered sweetly.

And both kyungsoo and sera ended up helping kris with his last minute arrangements. The food was ready. The drinks were out on the table and the music was already booming across the neighborhood.

Sera sat down with kyungsoo on the couch watching kris blow some balloons saying he wanted to fill the living room with them.

"You were quiet the ride back to kris hyung's place", kyungsoo said looking at sera pouting from the corner of his eye.

"How would you know? You were sleeping like you were dead", sera retorted.

"Well, he'll be here at eight thirty and then you can ask him how it was, so quit thinking of whether you need to call Bob hyung and ask of sehun's every move", kyungsoo just let out everything what was going on inside sera's head like he just read her mind. Sera stared at him in surprise and somehow managed to fire back saying,

"I wasn't thinking that!"

Kyungsoo just smirked at sera's answer and left her alone at the couch flustered and angry at kyungsoo.

And soon the guests started coming in. Seemed like kris invited everyone he ever knew, which is like the entire town. Sera was more than helpful in making the guests fit in right away while kyungsoo was mostly seen dosing off like he seriously needed to sleep right away.

"What's up everybody~", a familiar voice made sera smile as he came near her with a drink in his hand and a bag of sweets.

"Baekhyun oppa!"

"Yes, ladies. It's your precious baekhyun oppa! Thank you and thank you for welcoming me so warmly", baekhyun just uttered words to people around him who didn't even care to see who it was making sera laugh out loud.

"Hey Sera, I need to ask you something. You know taeyeon, right? The witch in your grade?" Baekhyun asked.
Sera narrowed her eyes at baekhyun knowing that he very well knew that sera was friends with taeyeon before. Nevertheless she nodded with a smirk crossing her face feeling that baekhyun was up to something.

"Don't tell anyone... I think...I think I might be kind of attracted to her...you know what I mean?" Baekhyun spilled after sighing many times.

Sera's eyes widened. And suddenly sera laughed out again.

"Are you sure, oppa? Because you hate her!"

"Well...I don't know. It's kind of complicated how the person who I used to curse at suddenly becomes attractive to me...but then again there's a very thin line between love and hate"

Sera sighed listening to baekhyun and replied, "I know the feeling, oppa. I know the feeling"

Baekhyun turned his head to sera and seeing her in deep thought said,
"You and I have a lot in common going on, don't we?..."

Sera looked at him a bit confused.

"...I mean we both have a love hate relationship with another person..."

Sera kept blinking at him as if she didn't know what he was talking about. Baekhyun rolled his eyes and burst out saying,
"Oh come on, me and the witch...you and...your new housemate"

Sera narrowed her eyes and replied shaking her head, "no!"

"Oh yes yes yes~ I've observed you two"

"No...just no!"

"Just yes and that's it! Tell anyone about me and the witch, and the entire school gets to know about you and your new housemate, okay?" Baekhyun finally got to the point of why he mentioned his observations. Sera raised an eyebrow listening to baekhyun.

"Fine. But there's nothing going on. And I think you are drunk"

"I'm not drunk and of course there's nothing going on...yet", baekhyun winked at sera.

Sera frowned at baekhyun while baekhyun laughed enjoying himself.

"Unfortunately for me kris didn't invite the bloody woman... But then again I can annoy you since 'ahem' will be coming anyway. It must be interesting to be living under the same roof", baekhyun smiled at sera.

And sera bent down, took her shoe off and stood up ready to attack to see baekhyun running away as fast as possible.

While putting her shoe back on Kyungsoo passed by looking quite uninterested in the whole party going on. She followed kyungsoo to the living room full of multi colored balloons where he sat on the couch and closed his eyes right away.

Kris somehow made the guests party out in the back yard so no living thing was there in the living room to bother kyungsoo; except for sera.

"You Okay?" She asked seeing him tired and exhausted after doing absolutely nothing.

Kyungsoo nodded and moved his hand telling sera to go away.

As ordered she left kyungsoo alone knowing that o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter