Chapter 02: I'm falling for your eyes, but they don't see mine

Housemates
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sera found the jerk looking back at her intensely with that annoying facial expression.

He laughed a bit now and put his left hand down. That was not to let sera run off to her room but for him to get closer more.

Sera watched as sehun now made his nose almost touch her's. He expected her to turn her face away but to his surprise she kept her head straight and confident.

Not flustered even a bit Sera watched as sehun stopped before their noses collided each other.

Sehun's smirk got erased off of his face as he heard sera now mumble in a loud whisper saying,

"Uh why would I miss a jerk like you? Everyone was so glad you went away...Why are you even here? Is it because everyone hates you there too and you have no place else to hide your sorry in except your home town? "

Sera didn't expect it to come out mean but at the end of it seeing how sehun's face changed, she was glad it came out that way.

Sehun backed off a bit now still looking into Sera's eyes.

Sera seeing sehun, sad like , started feeling sorry for him but cut the thought out remembering how horrible sehun was to her before.

Suddenly a beam of light hit on sehun and sera. Both of them closed their eyes and blinked them open to see kyungsoo pointing a torch from the other end of the hallway.

"Guys, please have your staring contest some other time. And for gods sake go sleep. It's past twelve", kyungsoo said sleepily, switched off the torch in his hand and went inside his room.

Sehun now let go of the wall and waited for sera to walk off. Sera reading sehun's mind, stomped her foot and walked away proudly. She opened the door and shut it with a forceful bang.

Sehun waited till sera shut the door, for him to smile sweetly right after.

Hmm...She has become prettier and meaner...haha this crazy girl.

He thought and tip toed to Sera's door and stood in front of it.

"Good night. Sleep tight", he whispered and turned to go into his room.

Sehun closed the door and lied down on his bed.

He grabbed his phone to see that chanyeol, his buddy, had called him....again.

He called back.

" Hello?"

" What's up, channie?"

" Ahh sehunnie!!!" Chanyeol screamed making sehun push his phone away from his ear.

" Dude, don't scream like that"

"Hahaha...so how's the new place? Is it good? You know you can come to my place anytime".

" Why would I want to come to your place?"

" Dude, really? I'm surprised Sera let you actually come inside her house...you sure you are not in some bus stand or subway alone? "

" Haha nope...well, not yet that is...you know, sera has changed"

"No way...she's the same old nerdy annoying Sera no one really bothers about... what makes you think she has changed..oh wait , on second thought she has become meaner"

" Well, that too...but she is more prettier than she was, don't you think?" Sehun blurted out but started regretting right after.

" Oh god, sehun. Even if sera has become prettier,the love sick hunnie fool hasn't changed at all"

"Nevermind. I'm going to sleep. Good night"

"Wait wait... I'm coming to get you tomorrow. Let's go get bubble tea and walk around", Chanyeol exclaimed from the other corner.

"You hate bubble. Plus it's Sunday. I'd rather stay here. Now bye"

"Sehun wa.."

Sehun cut the line. He was about to throw away his phone when he saw that there was a message for him. He opened it and read it.

Sehun, did you go back safely? Are you satisfied with your room? If you are not, let me know...love umma...papa says hi too.

Sehun read it and sighed.

" You could have just called", he spoke to the phone and threw it aside.

He didn't want himself going to bed thinking of his family again. His sister got away after she was done with school but he's still stuck with his hectic parents who do not really care whether he is existing or not. They don't even care about the family to start with.

He got up and walked towards his many suitcases. And on his way saw the large mirror.

"Hm perfect mirror I must say", he said jokingly and continued going near his suitcases.

He opened each one and searched until he found what he was looking for.

"Hey chi chi ", sehun took a small pink soft toy with two tiny ears popping out and hugged it.

He got on to his bed and was now hugging chi chi as his mind strolled away to the person who was in the next room. He smiled a bit remembering her surprised and angry face from earlier and slowly started picturing the day he fell for the very same girl.

"Pfft...oh ...they are going to sing? Ahahaha", fifteen year old sehun laughed with his friends seeing three girls walk up onto the platform in front of the small crowd.

"Boys, keep it down please", their homeroom teacher shouted at the loud and giggly gang in the corner.

It was their class outing for that semester. They were finally done with going to the aquarium and were now seated outside near a small platform watching the singing and dancing items of some of their classmates.

"Nah... I don't think the president will sing...she'll probably clap along or something... That's probably the only thing she knows besides studying and being mean...kekeke", chanyeol , sehun's best friend, laughed along pointing at the girl with a long brown braid.

The children quietened down seeing the three girls in front on the tiny platform now, sit on the three stools kept in a curve.

One girl with a pixie hair cut, sat with her guitar and started tuning it.

Sera pushed her long braid back and sat on the middle stool now looking around at the small crowd with her heart racing. She looked at the girl beside her and smiled.

"Go ahead, guys", the teacher instructed.

"Okay, so the chit we got was 'singing' . So we decided to do a simple song to cheer everyone up"

The girl next to sera now spoke to the crowd explaining that the section that they got after drawing lots was to sing.

"Haha ...guys, where are the ear plugs?" Tao who was next to chanyeol asked cracking the rest up.

Sehun laughed and added on,

"Find them quickly. Before we start bleeding from our ears"

Sera saw the jerk now move about laughing with his friends.

She rolled her eyes and fixed her gaze elsewhere while the girl next to her spoke saying,

"So the song we prepared today was 'lucky' by Jason Mraz"

Sera saw the audience whisper now knowing that they were going to be singing a duet but without a male singer. It was actually supposed to be kyungsoo's and the girl sitting next to Sera's duet. But kyungsoo fell ill the day before and asked sera to help out after listening to each boy he asked to sing say they couldn't do so.

The guitar now started to play the tune making everyone sway along and wait for the girls to start singing.

The girl next to sera now breathed in and started,

" Do you hear me?

I'm talking to you

Across the water

across the deep blue ocean..."

Sera now breathed in getting ready as her part was getting closer.

Back at sehun's place, tao cracked up laughing making chanyeol laugh along too, while sehun acted as if his ears were bleeding and he couldn't take it anymore. He saw Sera breathe in and in his mind prepared to let out a tiny scream when she starts her part.

He waited now, with chanyeol and tao laughing next to him, ready to make the two laugh even more as their president starts her parts.

Sera now closed her eyes and started,

" Boy I hear you in my dreams

I feel your whisper across the sea....."

Sehun was looking at his feet ready to start rolling on the floor laughing, but instead he just got stuck and his mind seized as he heard her voice so sweetly sing those lines.

Chanyeol and tao were still laughing but sehun was now just staring at his feet with no expression at all. He quickly realized his sudden motionless behaviour and gave a small laugh out to not make it too obvious.

He didn't quite understand his sudden inexplicable behaviour, instead shook it off and laughed a bit again.

He now looked at sera sing passionately with her eyes closing from time to time. He again realized he was staring at her for too long and pulled his gaze elsewhere trying not to make it too obvious...again.

" Lucky I'm in love with my best friend

Lucky to have been where I have been

Lucky to be coming home again

Ooh ooh ooh"

The crowd clapped along seeing how beautifully the two girls harmonized accompanied by the guitar and swayed to the rhythm.

Sehun who was looking elsewhere was now finding it hard not to look at the girl in the middle as she sang her parts from time to time.

He was a bit flustered seeing her sway to the beat waiting as her partner sang next to her.

Sera breathed in now wanting to finish the song perfectly as they got to the end,

" Lucky I'm in love with my best friend

Lucky to have been where I have been

Lucky to be coming home someday

Ooh ooh ooh"

Sehun saw her close her eyes as they sang the last chorus. Knowing that he was staring at her for a long time once more , now didn't care as to what the others might think. So he kept on looking at her, sweetly, as she now ended the song with her friend, stood up and bowed.

Everyone clapped. Sehun heard tao crack another joke and chanyeol laugh. But then again both clapped along as the others started clapping, except for sehun who saw sera smile sweetly at the mesmerized audience, and felt his heart pull from within.

Sehun knew something was wrong with him. He knew what was wrong too but didn't want to accept it. He didn't want to accept the fact that he was staring at their selfish, studious, mean and one of kind annoying class president whom he always teased, annoyed, tortured and laughed at.

¤¤¤

"Sera...Sera!...SERA!"

"Huh what?" Sera woke up as someone started poking her.

She opened her eyes only to see darkness and a shadow in front of her. She immediately recognized who it was as she got the familiar sweet scent.

"What is it , umma?"

"Sweetie, Appa and I have to go to the shop. They have brought the new stuff we've ordered"

Sera looked at her digital clock and saw it was still four o'clock in the morning.

"At this time?" She asked sleepily.

"We'll get late to come home. Eat all three meals and feed sehun too. Don't let him starve, okay?"

Sera felt the body start shaking in anger as she heard that name. She wanted to argue back but was too sleepy to do so.

"Um okay" she replied and lied down as her mom now kissed her and said,

"Good girl. Be safe. Bye , sweetie".

Sera flashed her eyes open again feeling her eyes meet the vaguely bright light outside. She felt as if it was only a couple of minutes ago that she heard her mother speak, but it was already seven in the morning.

She stretched herself while getting out of her bed and sleepily walked outside.

She looked at kyungsoo's door, as she always did when she woke in the morning, to see it open.

He must be up already...

She thought and opened the bathroom door.

Feeling the nature call her, she closed the door now to answer the nature's call.

Suddenly she heard a sound next to her. She turned and,

" Ahhhhh....."

" Ahhhhhh...! "

Sera found herself staring at a topless person with a towel wrapped around his other half and now pinned to the bathroom wall next to the shower with eyes wide open, same as her.

"What the hell?!"Sera screamed back.

Suddenly the door flashed opened making sehun cross his arms and cover his chest letting out another small scream.

"What happened?!" Kyungsoo came in with a spoon in his hand, worried.

" What are you two? A pair of erts? How can you open bathroom doors like this?" Sehun asked now making his voice crack towards the end.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter