Chapter 22 : The chemistry, the magic

Housemates
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kai watched sera dancing with baekhyun on the dance floor. They weren't exactly dancing, more like baekhyun was the floor while sera laughed at him.

Kai couldn't help but keep feeling awkward around sera. He knew that his first attempt to confess back in the library some time ago did not go that well (actually he didn't even know what happened back then). But thankfully his tactic of pretending that nothing happened worked and they were back to being friends again.

What if I mess up again? Do I have to say it? What if she doesn't like me in that way?

Kai was struggling.

Back at Sera's she was finding it hard to look at sehun who seemed to be in deep thought. Baekhyun was still being a dork but sera seemed to be a bit distracted with her eyes going towards sehun on and off.

Since the time the boys got back from the hospital, she seemed to be very worried about sehun. Has she finally fallen for sehun? Has she forgotten about Kai? Has she finally chosen one out of the two?

¤¤¤

It wasn't long before sera found herself helping kris clean up early in the morning at around three o'clock.

"Sera, do you know why I blew up all these balloons?" Kris asked while sera shook her head.

"For me to dive inside after everything is over! It's my style, balloon style,"kris winked at sera and after putting his trash bag away, he made his way to the sea of balloons to see someone already inside it.

"Ya! Baekhyun! Get out of there!", kris shouted and then started the war of kris trying to drag baekhyun out of his balloon pool.

Sera wasn't feeling well. Her stomach ache had gotten pretty bad to the point it had to be mentioned in this story. She sat down on a step on the staircase while she kept her head against the wall.

"You, okay?" A voice asked.

Sera couldn't see who it was so she nodded. After a few minutes time she found that person had sat next to her and was sipping from which looked like a can of orange juice.

"Orange juice?" Sera asked.

"Yes, you want some?"

"No"

And silence took over again.

"Can I ask you a question?" The person asked while sera nodded.

"Who's your crush? I know you have one"

Sera thought for a moment and said,
"Actually that's what I'm trying to figure out too"

"Hm is it Kai?"

"Mm...what do you think? Do you think I like him?"

"Well, you two are pretty much always together but, don't take it the wrong way, I think there's something missing"

Sera turned to the person whom she still couldn't figure out who he was with her stomach ache ruling over her body.
"Something missing?"

"Yeah like...like...the chemistry...the magic"

Sera snapped her fingers suddenly startling the person next to her and repeated nodding her head,
"Ah yes...the chemistry...the magic...hmm..Who do you think I make the best chemical reaction with?"

"Haha okay, um let's see. You need a base to neutralize an acid, don't you? So how about someone who's the complete opposite of you?"

"Chanyeol? Tao? Or....sehun? He's the dumbest one I know"

"Well, you do have good chemistry with sehun, but I feel like you two would never tell each other about how you guys actually feel. But then again the magic is still there whenever you need it...Go sleep, sera. You look like you are about to die", Luhan patted sera's head and went away leaving sera to still try to figure out as to who he was.

¤¤¤

Sera's stomach ache was at it's highest point once they all reached home. 

Kyungsoo was stuffing himself up with cookies in the kitch

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter