Chapter 09 : Nervous about losing you, even when you are not mine...

Housemates
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The light outside faded slowly leaving darkness to take over. Kyungsoo breathed in and out heavily. He looked to see the street lamps going up one by one making the street light back up again.

He moved his head to look at the girl who was walking beside him.

"Isn't it lovely?..." She asked sweetly breathing in the air.

Kyungsoo smiled at sunny and continued listening to her.

"...I love it when the sun goes down and disappears leaving no light but just when you think you can't see anything these things just pop up one by one", sunny said pointing at a street lights.

Kyungsoo chuckled a bit knowing how he too had always been fascinated in street lights. He liked sunny's point of view.

They were walking back home from the vet.

"How is your new class, noona?" Kyungsoo asked sweetly.

Sunny thought for a bit and answered,

"Hmm it's fun...just like ours except everyone is my age now. I mostly stay with Baekhyun and soo young", sunny surprisingly answered quite enthusiastically.

Kyungsoo was happy that she answered comfortably.

"How's sehun doing? " sunny asked.

"Oh he's doing good I guess. He brought back the unpredictable feeling. The class is overjoyed the 'fighting' season has begun again", kyungsoo replied.

"Hmm sehunnie always fights with sera. They are cute together, don't you think so?", sunny said cutely making kyungsoo swoon.

Kyungsoo walked sunny up to her house and watched as she opened the small gate. She paused for a bit and turned to kyungsoo who was standing there waiting for her to go inside her house.

"Do you want to come in and have something to drink? " sunny asked sweetly.

Kyungsoo was shocked. She had never been like this before.

He wanted to go inside with her since she asked but,

"Maybe some other day, noona. Sera has called me a few times. I guess I better get home quick", kyungsoo said a bit sadly.

Sunny smiled and said,

"Okay then. Thank you so much, kyungsoo-ah. See you... in school...go home safely...annyong ".

Kyungsoo watched as sunny went inside her house and closed the door behind her. He turned and started walking. After sometime he felt his heart coming back to its normal pace. He sighed in relief and in sorrow.

Then again he smiled right after realizing that he had spent the entire afternoon with his crush. That twist in life he never expected although he probably dreamt about several times.

He got home and closed the front door behind him only to find his forehead wrinkle hearing some people shouting inside the house.

He walked all the way to the fridge glancing at the staircase considering that he had figured out that the noise came from upstairs. He took out a bottle of apple juice and started drinking it.

He paused in between listening to sera shouting.

He grumped and talked to himself,

"Does sehun and sera have to fight so loudly?"

Kyungsoo now got to his cookie jar still listening to Sera's voice complaining. Suddenly there was a loud thud. Kyungsoo paused.

" Ya! Stop fighting! Stop hitting him!"

Him? Is chanyeol here?

Kyungsoo thought and looked at the kitchen(considering that chanyeol would always come to the kitchen first). The kitchen sparkled and didn't seem like anyone had been there for a long time.

"Who is him? Did tao... oh no... luhan hyung", kyungsoo dumped the juice and whisked up stairs.

He got to the top but saw no one. He ran to luhan's door which seemed to be open and just then saw luhan attack sehun,and both of them came thrashing on to the ground.

"Ya! Sehun let go!" Sera came to the two who were trying to strangle each other. She started trying to separate them.

Sera soon spotted kyungsoo staring at them dumbfounded and shouted at him,

"Ya! Can you help me out over here, stupid?!"

Kyungsoo shuddered and quickly came closer and got ahold of luhan who was trying to punch sehun. Just then luhan pushed kyungsoo off and tried throwing another punch. But sehun got ahold of luhan's hand tightly and threw a punch aiming at luhan from his other hand. But it ended up landing on Sera's collar bone.

Sera let go off sehun and fell on the ground screaming. Both luhan and sehun froze.

¤¤¤

Kyungsoo handed an ice pack to sera. Sera gently placed it on her collar bone with a small squeal.

Sehun looked at her worridely.

All the kids were now in the living room upstairs.

Luhan was sitting at one corner of the couch while sehun was at the other end. Both were given ice packs and were avoiding the others' many glares thrown at them (especially from kyungsoo).

Kyungsoo sighed and sat facing sehun and luhan who were completely beat up. Both with a slight black eye and red patches all over.

Kyungsoo turned to sera, who was beside him closing her eyes, and asked,

"You called me because of this?"

Sera fluttered her eyes open and answered,

"Not the first but the second, the third, the fifth and up to the fiftieth time...yes, it was because of this..uh ouch".

"Ya! Be careful", both kyungsoo and sera shot a look at sehun who shouted at sera.

"Well, this is your fault!!", sera shouted back and stood up.

"I'm going to my...", sera spoke to kyungsoo but they all diverted their gaze to luhan who now stood up and came near the two cousins placing his ice packs on the table.

"Well, I'm sorry. This was because of me. I shouldn't have talked to you like that earlier", luhan apologized to sera.

Neither sera nor kyungsoo expected luhan to apologize. An apology from luhan didn't even cross their minds especially Sera's  who witnessed the entire scene. Luhan seeing them dumbfounded turned to go to his room.

"Oppa, hold on", sera spoke to luhan.

She saw that luhan had stopped and was looking at her wanting to know what she wanted from him. Sera turned at sehun and said in a stern voice,

"Shouldn't you apologize as well?"

Sehun narrowed his gaze and asked back,

"Why should I?"

Sera sighed angrily and answered,

"Because you punched him first like an "

Sehun watched luhan look away, kyungsoo stare back at him and sera breathing in and out furiously.

"I've got my reasons" Sehun replied coldly.

Sera smirked and was about to fire back at sehun when luhan spoke in a low but clear voice,

"Let him be, sera-ssi. He's never used to apologizing anyway...its in his genes, I suppose"

Kyungsoo and sera looked at luhan and then at sehun to see that sehun was already on his feet and was placing his ice pack on the table with a very serious look on his face.

"You want to talk about family?" Sehun now came walking up to where luhan was.

Sera suddenly felt frightened. She saw that both of them had deadly looks on their faces.

Just as sehun came near luhan, kyungsoo got in between the two and pushed sehun back a bit with his hand on sehun's chest.

"Sehun, calm down", kyungsoo spoke to sehun.

"Yeah, better hold your horses now than to regret later", luhan gave one last comment and walked off into his room.

Just as luhan shut his door behind him kyungsoo let go of sehun only to speak to him saying,

"Sehun, stop trying to always argue with him. He's your brother whether you like it or not and he's also older than you..."

"So you tell me to bow down to him?..."

"No, just calm down and stay. Whatever he may say about your family or parents just endure it for the time being..."

"Yeah, easy for you to say. Just stop trying to understand what's going on here. Both of you. Because trust me when I say you won't understand anything. And stop trying to assume things like I'm the bad brother over here. You guys know nothing", sehun spoke and left go to his room.

Kyungsoo and sera ended up staring at each other.

"Let's not interfere in their things then", kyungsoo said to sera.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter