Chapter 06 :Will you ever like me back?

Housemates
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sera opened the door and stepped outside to meet the wind that brushed her hair off of her shoulders. The wind was salty.

It has been a while since she came anywhere near the sea.

She walked in front a bit stretching her legs that were all numb after the one hours drive.

She couldn't see the sea but heard it roaring near by. She was on a hill or rather a cliff , standing on a hard rock (or a dried up coral reef). There were tiny spikes popping out of it here and there, making it look impossible to walk on it without pricking oneself.

She looked ahead at the blue sky and spotted a young man at the far end standing as if he's posing for a photograph. She squinted and saw now that he was on his phone and was explaining something to someone on the other side.

She got closer to the car which she got down from and peeked inside to see sehun still crossing his arms and frowning.

"Um...there is someone over there", sera spoke to sehun.

Sehun completely ignored her.

Sera sighed and got back to staring at the blue sky.

Soon she found herself staring at the sea gulls with the certain someone whom she spoke to before, standing next to her.

She looked at him and saw him blankly staring at the man far away still on his phone.

"Is that Mr. Oh?" Sera asked curiously although she was quite sure that it couldn't be sehun's father.

"Ani, that's his secretary", sehun spoke still with his blank face. He suddenly stomped his foot and started to walk towards his father's secretary angrily.

Sera watched as sehun walked briskly on the hard rock occasionally getting stuck as the spikes hit his shoe soles. She was sure that sehun would definitely injure himself considering the speed he was going at.

"Now why is he going there?"

Sera startled as she heard someone speak next to her ear and soon found a tall figure standing next to her.

She immediately bowed and greeted,

"Anyanhaseho, sehun's father ".

"Oh Anyanhaseho, sera-ssi...do you have any idea why my son is out there?"

Sera looked back at sehun wobbling his way towards the man at the far end.

"Now why is he going there when I'm over here?" Sehun's father, Mr. Oh, spoke in a funny way making sera giggle a bit.

"He has lost the touch I'm telling you, sera-ssi. Last time it took them over three hours to track him down and bring him here. But that too was stopped by his mother...", Mr oh went on speaking.

Sera looked at the man now as he mentioned sehun's mother and found that something was out of order.

"...well at least he's here now... oh god, what is that child doing?!"

Sera followed Mr. Oh's gaze and saw sehun tripping and falling on the hard rock. Looked like he had injured himself.

Both sera and Mr oh were about to run to sehun when the two men, who drove sera and sehun here, ran to sehun's help. The secretary too, who spotted his boss's son fall, threw his phone aside and tried helping sehun stand up.

Sera together with Mr Oh got closer to sehun who was now trying to push away the men who were dusting his clothes.

"Clumsy like your mother. You should be more careful, son", Mr oh spoke now making sehun turn to see sera and his father next to him.

Sera could see sehun's face change to bright red as he kept on staring at his father. Mr.Oh on the other hand smiled at sehun and invited him and sera to come inside the house.

House? What house?

Sera thought and rotated her head to see a mansion just at the edge of the cliff painted in white. The house looked enormous even from far away and the sun light hit the large windows making it sparkle.

Sera's jaw dropped at the beautiful sight. It was as if she just saw her dream house. She wanted to move towards it and see what it was like from the inside.

But she soon realized that the possibilities of even going near that house were very slim considering how sehun was staring at his father now.

"So shall we go?" Mr oh smiled at sera (who smiled right back eagerly) and looked at sehun.

Sera could see sehun's mouth itching to let out screams of disapproval. However sehun stayed put because of the automatic respect towards his father and didn't want to shout or even talk back at him.

Sehun knew that there was no way of escaping, yet he frowned once more, his heels and started walking away from sera and Mr oh very quickly, only to fall right back down again as his shoe got stuck in one of the spikes again, and made the men run to him and lift him up.

¤¤¤

"Wah...so pretty", sera who was totally mesmerized by the view of the sea now through the large windows automatically kept on complementing, making Mr oh smile back sweetly.

The two guests were sitting on the couch with Mr Oh and were having some drinks. The teenagers were given sweets to munch away.

Sehun kept a straight face throughout, with sera who kept on walking back and forth from the windows showing the scenery outside that grabbed her attention.

"I started planning this when sehun was around seven years old. It came out pretty impressive, right?" Mr oh asked sera.

She nodded enthusiastically.

One of the men in black suits came and now asked Mr oh to come for a minute.

He excused himself and went away leaving sehun and sera alone in the large living room.

"Wah, sehun. This is daebak!" Sera spoke to sehun.

She kept on rotating her head looking at the pretty ornaments kept about the room and soon found herself looking at sehun who was staring back at her now.

"Wae?" She asked not trying to show that she was surprised seeing sehun stare at her like that.

He breathed in.

"Let's go", was all sehun said before he stood up, grabbed Sera's wrist and pulled her towards him.

Sera was surprised to find her body colliding with sehun's.

Sehun felt her knock on him. He was definitely flustered but he kept it all bottled in and now started moving towards the door.

"Wait wait. I'm not going anywhere with you!" Sera spoke.

"You can't stay here! There's only men in this house", sehun retorted.

"And I should follow you because you are not man?"

"No, I am the only man you can trust. Now shut up before they hear you", sehun whispered the latter sentence.

She had no chance to retort back at sehun as she was engaged in keeping up with him running at the speed of light.

She was breathless when they got outside, back under the setting sun.

She looked at sehun. He was carefully looking around. She too looked about to see about eight black cars parked here and there.

Looks like he wants to run away from here...okay I'll help you this one last time! Sera thought.

Sera spotted the car they came in. But sehun started dragging her in the opposite direction.

"Aniya, that's the one", sera punched sehun's hand and pointed at the black vehicle.

"Ani, we are going in this one", sehun pointed at the car he was dragging sera to.

"Wait wait...my bag is in that one", sera panicked.

"So is mine", sehun answered back calmly.

"Ya, I need it!" Sera screamed.

"Shush! Don't worry, they'll bring it back", sehun answered.

Sehun let go of sera as they reached the car and directed her to get in.

She got in and found herself next to sehun who was on the driving seat and now started the car.

"Ya ya, you can't drive! Where did you get the keys from?! " Sera screamed.

"Oh..I got them from bob hyun and I sure can drive! Let me show you" Sehun mocked sera and released the hand brake.

Sera grabbed sehun's hand and punched it.

"Are you mad! You don't even have the license!"

"Oh that...who needs it, right?" Sehun smirked and swooshed out of the parking area leaving sera to grab the seat belt and bite her lower lip.

¤¤¤

It took just half an hour for sehun to get back to his new home. He was happy he got away from his father after about one hour's useless talking about how he built the place and how sehun was back when he was tiny.

Sera on the other hand was having mini heart attacks every time sehun braked and was worried about her school bag she left in the other car.

"Are you sure they will bring them back today?" Sera asked in a low voice.

"Yeah, don't worry. I'm sure they already know that one of the cars are gone and bob hyung must have already realized I took the keys the time he lifted me up after I fell. They are probably one their way here", sehun explained in quite a cheerful manner.

Seeing how calmly yet fast he drove the car and how well he predicted everything sera asked him,

"So how many times have you exactly done this?"

Sehun raised both of his eyebrows and smirked.

"Escaped from my dad...many times. Stole one of his guards' cars...the first", sehun replied and ended with a nod.

Sera widened her eyes and sighed not impressed at all.

"I know that it's none of my business to ask this but can I ask you why you always ditch your father like this? You hate him that much?" Sera asked curiously.

Sehun stayed quiet making sera regret asking that question.

"He's not supposed to meet me", sehun answered with a blank face.

Huh? Not supposed to meet you?

Sera widened her eyes and looked at sehun. Nevertheless she looked in front planning not to ask anything again.

"Where was your mum? I didn't see her in the house", Sera's mouth slipped again.

"She's in England", sehun answered again blankly.

Sera nodded again and fixed her gaze at the tree at the side of the road seeing how sehun was not eager in answering any of her questions.

It didn't take that long for sehun to park the car in front of his new home making sera have another mini heart attack as he pulled up the hand brakes.

"Madame, we are here", sehun said cheerfully all of a sudden getting back to his old annoying self.

Sera eyed him and answered,

"I think you need to practise more on how to drive without giving a heart attack to the passenger next to you" and pointed at her.

Sehun made a face and retorted,

"Why should I, when the passenger I was driving right now was giving me a heart attack throughout as well?"

Sehun suddenly realised that he just said something that he shouldn't have and quickly opened the door and got out.

Sera too got off trying to understand as to what sehun was talking about just a few seconds ago.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter