Chapter 13 : Follow your heart!

Housemates
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Life is a complete roller coaster. The moment you think everything is fine, a storm comes rushing in. The moment you think you're feelings are finally stable, someone pushes them off a cliff...and you end up thinking how to at least try flying back up even if flying seems completely impossible unless you have the power to transform yourself into a bird.

Sera was running. Running as fast as she could. The water was pouring down and made the floor slightly slippery. But she had to somehow run away from the security guard, the two teachers and their coach who appeared out of nowhere.

Sera could feel her feet slipping away... and *sleesh* she went sliding on her heels but the hand which was holding on to her all this time tightened almost twisting itself, bringing her back on to her feet.

She smiled at the person who was now completely wet from head to toe.

"WHERE ARE THEY? I SAW TWO OF THEM GOING THIS WAY!..."

Both of them gasped hearing their coach bellow making his voice echo within their school walls.

"Let's go!" He pulled Sera's hand and both of them were back on to running away from the deadly creature.

Although it was mind blowing and scary to even think one would be able to get away from the coach, both of them could not hold in their giggles.

After all who can hold in laughing out loud in joy when you're running away from a beast after busting the fire alarm system and having the sprinklers go off making you wet from head to toe...it was like playing in the rain (with a deadly creature chasing you).

Sera hadn't felt so alive in so long.

The others were nowhere to be found. Only she and the person who was making her run was to be seen.

They ran until both of them stopped on one floor after climbing down the stair case, panting heavily.

"We are so going to get caught", he said still panting.

Sera laughed out a bit breathless.

Her head was just filled with so much of joyful feelings that it clogged her ears making her just smile away to what the other person was saying. He asked her something but all she did was just lean against the wall and nod.

She was thinking of how funny everything turned out to be when suddenly the roller coaster she was riding on stopped at the highest point...the person was just only inches away from her, standing with his hands in pockets and his wet hair just falling on to his forehead all messed up making his eyes twinkle from in between the strands. She could see that the joy which was in his eyes a few minutes ago was overtaken by something she couldn't quite put her finger on.

Her heart started fluttering and suddenly she found herself tip toe to reach him...His lips!

7 hours ago.... Tuesday : 06.00 am

Sera woke up , switched her alarm off and went back to sleep.

Her door banged open a few minutes later making her cousin appear with her pet.

"Get up! We can't get late again!" He threw a pillow that had fallen off Sera's bed onto her face.

She woke up lazily and sat on her bed and cuddled her cute dog who jumped right away on to her lap.

"Chucky doesn't eat anything. You better take him to lay hyung's dad this afternoon", kyungsoo adviced sera.

Sera raised her eyebrows and asked back,
"Chucky? Who's Chucky?"

"Your dog?!" Kyungsoo replied back and face palmed knowing that sera kept on changing her new pet's name for the past four days.

"Well, I don't think "Chucky" is the one. Hmmm I have to find the perfect name for this cutie", sera cuddled the small puppy again leaving kyungsoo to just shake his head and walk out of the room.

It has been just a couple of days after Mr. and Mrs Kim left, and things were going smoothly quite surprisingly. With the new cute puppy running around the house, the coldness that took over right after luhan came in seem to be slowly going away. Everyone seemed a bit more relaxed.
Sera laughed at sehun a little more than the usual and that too right at his face especially when the "still no permanent name" puppy always goes and poops right next to sehun's bed. Sehun screams at sera to clean it but eventually he ends up cleaning the mess and occasionally with kyungsoo silently giving him a helping hand.

Meanwhile the past few days have been quite productive for sera in terms of getting luhan to open up and feel more comfortable. With luhan who is actually an expert in taking care of dogs, feeling more at home with a puppy around, sera and he have been sharing stories quite often. This was actually Sera's area...making the new housemate feel at home (although she was quite the opposite towards sehun). And because of this sehun had been throwing random comments whenever he spotted the two talking away, leaving sera to roll her eyes and tell luhan to just ignore sehun.

Sera came out of her room still a bit sleepy and let her puppy (still with no name) run off and jump on to the person who appeared from top of the stair case.

"Hey, Nancy! Good morning! " luhan picked up the little thing and started petting it.

Sera walked up to him with her hands on her hip and asked, 
" Nancy? He's a boy, oppa! "

Luhan looked back at her confused,
"Didn't you name him Nancy yesterday?"

"What?! no!"

"You should name him poop!" Sehun who appeared out of nowhere walked past the two frowning at the small thing on luhan's hands.

"...or porkchop", kyungsoo peeped from his room.

"How about copernicus? ", luhan suggested.

"...bullseye!" Sehun shouted.

"Willy wonka! "

" carrot! Waffles! Bacon! "

"G-dragon!"

"T-rex, toothpick, bongo!"

"Bingo!"

"Guys! He's my dog...I choose the name!" Sera declared.

The three boys looked away with sehun adding ,
"Yeah, but the poor thing is nameless and you won't even let us name him..."

"I just want to find the perfect name! "

"Why don't you name him kai then? Since you think he is prefect! " Sehun blurted out. It was something he overheard sera telling kyungsoo last night...about how perfect kai was...and sehun still had it in his mind.

Sera froze and glared at sehun. Sehun looked away.

"Well, as a matter of fact kai is perfect!" Sera retorted.

Sehun rolled his eyes and made a face at sera.

The tiny clock shouted saying it was 6.30 and everyone quickly split up.

After basically decades (according to sehun) the four of them came out of the house.

Kyungsoo and sera were locking the front door when a black car stopped in front of their tiny gate.

Sehun who was the nearest to the gate, narrowed his eyes as he immediately recognized the car.

A tall man got off with his shades on and closed the car door making the rest of the kids now turn to see who it was.

"Sir, may I speak with ....", the rough voice of the man stopped as his eyes passed from kyungsoo to sera to luhan.

Sehun could see the man's eyes widen through the man's shades.

Sehun felt like killing the guy there who was now stoned. Luhan was not suppose to know that sehun's father still contacts him. Infact the whole purpose of luhan being there was to stop sehun's father from meeting or contacting sehun.

The man immediately turned, got back in to the vehicle and drove off.

Sera and kyungsoo acted as if they were confused as to what just happened while sehun stayed silent. Although luhan stayed impassive he was calculating the possibilities of the man being Mr.oh's workers and how often they speak with sehun.

The three of the high schoolers got on to the bus with luhan continuing his walk to the university.

It was a silent ride today for sehun. All of them got off at their school and for once was able to make it on time.

"Wah! You guys are early!" Chanyeol came shouting from afar.

"What's up? Where's tao?" Sehun greeted chanyeol.

"Tao is sleeping in class. By the way guys, the competition is next week, isn't it?" Chanyeol asked from sehun and sera.

"Yup. Well, we are pretty much done with everything...just need to rehearse and rehearse and rehearse now", sera answered quite enthusiastically.

"Well, you guys better win because the entire school is counting on you people. Especially since beakhyun hyung is promoting you'll day and night!", chanyeol eyed a tiny guy standing on the stairs with a couple of other people holding posters cheering the dance team.

Sera and kyungsoo burst out laughing seeing beakhyun screaming at the top of his voice.

The bell rang making some of the kids cringe hearing the annoying sound and in no time at all everyone was in their respective classes.

The day was going all smoothly for sera. Her math homework seem to be all correct and even got praised by their math teacher.

It was during the biology pop quiz that she was beginning to get affected by something she had forgotten.

The kids passed the bio papers around and in no time at all everyone was attempting to give a shot at answering the long paper.

They were all multiple choice questions so it seemed like a peice of cake for sera. She read the first question, underlined the answer. Read the next and drew a line under the answer. Everything was fine until she came to the question regarding osmosis. She read the answers and found herself battling between 2 answers she thought was correct.

Damn it, sera. You can only choose one. Come on, you got to choose one. But which one? .....

Suddenly the words that were running through her head started sounding quite familiar when snap! ...

...the words of miss. Jenny advicing her to choose between kai and sehun flooded into her mind.

Chose one before its too late....

Sera put her pen down and unknowingly turned her head to see sehun sitting there at the back of the class. He and chanyeol were whispering and keeping an eye on the teacher while tao had fallen asleep. But sera could only see sehun...

¤¤¤

"How was the paper?" Kyungsoo ran to sera and asked her as she started walking down the hallway with the rest of the class towards the library.

"It was okay", she replied in a low voice.

"I saw you looking about during it...what's wrong?"

Sera stopped for a second making kyungsoo stop as well.

"Miss Jenny...She told me to chose one", she said almost in a whisper.

Sera could see kyungsoo's anger rise. He never really approved sera writing stuff to miss Jenny anyway so the name itself made kyungsoo grit his teeth.

" So she's telling you to chose between kai and sehu...", kyungsoo lost his words as sera punched him hard.

"Don't say it out loud, doofus", sera whispered back.

"Let me tell you one thing, my dear cousin. What the hell is wrong with you? Why are you frustrating over something like this anyway? This whole thing sounds so stupid. Do what your heart says. Pick who your heart wants...stop acting like it's the end of the world. You were never like this before", kyungsoo threw it all at sera.

"Hmm I don't like any of them in that way. Kai is my friend and sehun is suppose to be my enemy"

"Well, it's clearly not the case anymore. Just admit it. You are attracted to both of them"

"I'm not!"

"Then why is "chose one" sentence bothering you?"

"I don't know. It's just that miss Jenny has always been right! And she says I like two

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter