Chapter 05 : "It's really hard to stop liking someone"

Housemates
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Oh so delicious! Adjumma, this is awesome!" Sehun complimented Mrs.kim's delicious dinner.

This was the first time all the housemates were sitting down together to have a meal.

Kyungsoo as usual, gobbled down all the food. Sera too was totally engrossed in her food that she didn't even speak a word(not that she would now that sehun is around).

Mr.kim of course, was telling stories of his good old days making sehun laugh at the funny things he had done back then. It seemed like kyungsoo and sera had already heard of these and so they didn't even bother reacting.

Dinner was over and Mr and Mrs Kim sent the kids away saying they will clean everything up.

Sera ran to her room and shut the door before kyungsoo or sehun came up stairs.

Sehun made his way to his room.

He saw his clothes scattered everywhere so he picked them up and piled them in a corner as neatly as possible as he could.

He was almost done when he saw a dark figure near his door and startled.

"Oh my god" He sounded out and calmed himself as kyungsoo came infront a bit now.

Sehun stood up and widened his eyes when kyungsoo closed the door and gestured him to sit down.

"Let's get one thing straight..." kyungsoo started,"... I won't tell sera that you like her and you won't tell sera about chanmin".

Sehun stood right back up as those words came out of kyungsoo and immediately retorted saying,

"Hold on hold on. When did I say I like sera? That's absurd".

Kyungsoo looked at sehun fancily and replied saying,

"I have proof".

Sehun smirked now and looked back at kyungsoo.

Kyungsoo saw that sehun didn't believe him so he took his phone out, searched for something and held it up at sehun.

Sehun got a bit closer and looked at the phone screen.

"Ya chanyeol!.." Sehun read what was on the screen and started cursing chanyeol who had spilled the beans ,"..argh why do I even have friends like this!"

Kyungsoo rolled his eyes and asked,

"So deal?"

Sehun thought for a moment and replied,

"Fine fine deal.. now get out of my room, d.o "

"Yeah like duh. Who would want to stay with you? It stinks in here", kyungsoo commented and whisked out leaving sehun sniffing the air and checking whether it was that bad.

A couple of hours passed and sehun finally got his home work done for the first time but leaving everything he didn't know blank...which was like all the homework he got.

Mrs Kim came to his room to say good night making sehun feel a bit odd since no one back when he was with his family took the trouble to come all the way to his room and say good night. Nevertheless he smiled at her as a thank you for making him feel warm and taken care of.

It was just past eleven when he opened his door and went to the bathroom.

Sera was inside her room when she saw the time and spoke to herself saying,

"Okay, it's time. Let's go and just ask. Just ask and don't scold him. This is for Kyungsoo. Fighting sera!"

She opened her door slightly and saw the hallway empty and dark. She didn't dare make any big sounds. She didn't want her parents or kyungsoo to know about what she was going to do next.

She saw the door of the room opposite to her's closed and made a face at it. Nevertheless she got closer to the door and placed her left ear on it.

"Is he sleeping?" She whispered to herself.

She slowly knocked on the door making sure it didn't make a big sound.

She listened again.

"What? Is he deaf?" She whispered harshly.

She knocked again very lightly.

"I don't think even a ghost can hear that" a loud whisper was heard just next to Sera's left ear making her jump up as she saw a dark figure next to her.

She got so frightened that she stayed closing her eyes with her hands for a couple of minutes.

"Wah...I didn't know that you get scared so easily? Seriously, why do people even bother telling that you are fearless?" Sehun leaned against the wall now closer to sera giving a mocking smile.

Sera opened her eyes, shot a deadly look at sehun and opened his bedroom door.

She pushed him inside his room and closed the door behind them.

Sehun was shocked. Yet he gave a mocking smile at sera when she turned around.

"Oh god. Keep you ert-ish thoughts to yourself please", sera spoke rolling her eyes.

"erti-sh thoughts? You are the one who closed the door. You are the ert here!" Sehun retorted.

Suddenly sehun ran to sera, got ahold of her shoulders, opened the door and pushed her out. Sera was about to stop him saying the reason as to why she came but sehun spoke first.

"Give me a second, okay? Don't go anywhere", he ordered sera and immediately shut the door leaving her in the dark hallway.

Sera crossed her arms and waited for sehun to open the door with a very good explanation.

Back inside the room sehun was hunting for a perfume bottle...any perfume bottle.

He got ahold of a few and started spraying them randomly all over his room.

"Since kyungsoo and sera are related I'm sure they have the same sort of smelling abilities too", he whispered as he danced about spraying the perfume remembering how kyungsoo said it smelled bad in his room.

Sehun stopped everything and quickly opened the door. He dragged sera inside and closed it.

He turned to sera to see her reaction to the lovely smell.

"Uh what happened in here? The smell is so strong. I can barely open my eyes.."

Huh? Sehun thought to himself as sera asked this.

She even said that it was fine when she came in before.

"Oh that's because I knocked on a perfume bottle before..haha", sehun said cursing the genes in his mind.

"Anyway let's get to the point...sit down", sera ordered sehun.

Sehun sat down and waited for sera to start. She paced a bit before she asked in a low whisper.

"So who is kyungsoo's bully?" Sera asked directly.

"I don't know", sehun replied.

"Oh please, sehun. I know you know the person. Please tell..Please...I already feel bad for not knowing this so can you please tell now?"

"You really feel that bad?...well I can't..."

"Obviously I feel bad. The person who came to our house like two days ago knows kyungsoo more than me who has been with him for over ten years now"

Sehun saw that sera was depressed and worried about kyungsoo. She pouted with her eyes now looking at her feet.

Sorry, d.o-ah. But your cousin's worried face is my weakness..

"He's a senior. You know him I think...Chan min", sehun blurted out not wanting to see sera like this.

"Wait... chanmin oppa? But why chanmin oppa?" Sera asked from sehun.

Sehun wanted to say what his thoughts were but instead shook his head.

Sera started pacing again and sehun watched her.

"Wait a second. Sunny unnie is chanmin oppa's girl friend... oh no, kyungsoo" Sera spoke out to herself.

"Kyungsoo likes sunny noona, yeah?" Sehun asked.

He expected sera to just glare at him and walk away since she got the answer for whatever she came in for but instead she sat beside sehun on his bed and nodded.

"You were gone by the time chanmin oppa asked sunny unnie out. That was also the day kyungsoo wanted to confess to unnie. Well, he didn't get the chance to do so and he was quite depressed for sometime"

"But why is chanmin threatening him now again?"

"Because he found out right after, but he was okay with it. Kyungsoo promised he won't even look at sunny unnie and that it was just a crush. He said he'll get over her. I thought it all ended back then", sera lowered her head as everything became clear now.

"Does sunny noona know this? " Sehun asked sera curiously.

"Ani, she doesn't know anything. She doesn't even know that kyungsoo likes her. Coming to think of it she never bothered about kyungsoo in the first place. They rarely talked even when she was in our class back then".

Sehun looked at his feet now realizing the situation bit by bit.

"Do you think kyungsoo still likes sunny unnie? I haven't asked about this from him for a long time now" Sera now looked at sehun worriedly.

Sehun turned to sera and was flustered to see her looking at him like that. They stayed like that for sometime before sehun replied,

"It's really hard to stop liking someone"

Sera looked into sehun's eyes and saw that he was being sincere about what he just said.

For the first time sehun saw sera smiling at him sweetly. He felt butterflies in the stomach. He couldn't feel his legs all of sudden and he felt as if he was going through a nervous breakdown.

He never in a million years thought that he would get to see sera smile at him like this before. Sure, there were times when he saw her smiling like this at the others and even him in some occasions but after what had happened before he left, he never thought he'd be this close to her seeing her smile at him...just him.

He smiled back.

Sera felt awkward now as silence fell and as she realized that this was probably the longest they have stayed without arguing or ignoring each other. She cleared and stood up.

Suddenly sehun held her arm and pulled her back making her sit next to him again.

Sera looked at sehun confused.

Umm...what is he up to now? ! sera, you should have never let your guard down like that...Did you forget that you were talking to Oh Se Hun?

Sera's mind was exploding with questions. Her imagination was running wild...a bit too wild.

Just then Sehun smiled and asked sweetly,

"You like chocolate?"

Huh? Sera thought as her mind went completely blank now.

She nodded not knowing why he was suddenly acting this way.

"Wait here", sehun ordered and whisked out of the room.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter