Chapter 08 : Isn't it obvious?! I want you...

Housemates
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was weird for all to suddenly find a new person come into their house as their new housemate without a proper preparation for it.

Although kyungsoo and sera never bothered about it they just found it odd and very unusual.

It was even more so when they found out that the person was sehun's stepbrother. They immediately thought of how odd it could be. It was clear that the two step brothers weren't fond of each other. And it wasn't going to be a situation like where sehun and sera hated each other because although it was serious for sera it had always been fun and play for sehun. But now it's all different. The house seem to be in dull colour unsure of what would happen next.

"I'm no babysitter. I can't stay here. Just let me stay with my friends..."

Sera listened to the new housemate talking to someone over the phone in his room.

"Babysitter?" Sera whispered to kyungsoo who was next to her and was having his ear on luhan's room door just as sera.

They were both eavesdropping. This was something they anyway did to find out about their housemates even back then, since the adults never told them anything.

"Look here, you are not my father. Tell him that I want to go back to China now...(luhan speaks in mandarin)"

Both Sera's and kyungsoo's eyes widen and both whisper,

"He's Chinese"

"He's Chinese"

"Yeah, my stepfather is Chinese"

Both sera and kyungsoo jump hearing sehun speak and quickly turn to his side and try acting normal. But it was too late because it was more than clear sehun saw what they were doing.

"Stop eavesdropping", sehun said in a stern voice and went near his door.

Sera who just couldn't control asked in a whisper,

"So your mother remarried?"

Kyungsoo pinched sera who endured it.

Sehun looked at the two cousins near luhan's door and replied,

"Apparently", and shut the door behind him.

"Idiot!..I'm going", kyungsoo whispered to sera and quickly disappeared behind his door.

Hmm...so sehun's parents divorced, then sehun's mother went abroad with sehun and remarried a Chinese person making luhan oppa sehun's stepbrother? But why is luhan oppa here? Why was he forced to come here?

Sera thought and went near her door.

Just as she was about to open her door and go in, sehun flung his door open and spotted sera there. Sera jumped up seeing sehun staring at her blankly.

"You should change your bathroom back to where it was before. He doesn't like sharing bathrooms with anyone", sehun spoke blankly.

Sera thought for a second and realized that her new bathroom was in luhan's room, and answered,

"And go back to sharing it with you?"making a funny face at the end.

Sehun kept his blank face up and then went inside his room leaving sera to think that he must be completely out of it.

¤¤¤

Kyungsoo was walking down the usual path after visiting his secret spot listening to music.

He breathed in and out silently and was totally engrossed in praising the beautiful ally filled with flowers making him feel like he was in heaven. He was spending his afternoon free time after the dull lunch he ate by himself while sera went off with kai for their practises, sehun tried starving again and his new housemate luhan ate his lunch in his room.

He was completely off of earth when suddenly a hand pulled him and made him start running to keep up with the person.

Soon kyungsoo started to realize he was running along with a familiar person on familiar roads. The music in his ears now slowly got overtaken by the sound outside. The voice of the person next to him who seems to have been speaking for a long time now became clear.

"...He seems to be really hurt. Please help, kyungsoo. There is no one else there.I'm scared..."

The person tightened her grip more as she started speeding up and dragging kyungsoo with her.

Kyungsoo turned his head and now tried seeing who it was who knew his name but was hard to see with the messy black hair covering her face.

Finally they slowed down making a dog who was seem to have hurt his leg lying down on the road visible now.

Both of them squat down near the dog and looked at him.

"...I don't know what happened though. I'm really scared..."

Kyungsoo looked at the leg of the dog and replied,

"Don't worry, let's take him to the vet quickly. I'm sure it's not that serio...", and the words just disappeared as he saw the person tuck her hair behind her ear and reveal her face.

"...noona ", kyungsoo let out a whisper.

Sunny looked at kyungsoo and smiled weakly at him.

"Shall we? You have to show the way because I have no idea where the vet is", she said sweetly trying to now carry the sort of big dog.

Kyungsoo was almost breathless seeing sunny smile at him after a long time.

Nevertheless he nodded and said,

"Let me...", and carried the dog.

His heart was beating too fast as he tried now remembering where the vet was. He then said that it had to be around the corner and started walking down the lane.

Kyungsoo was trying to hide his feelings by walking fast away from sunny. He walked faster now and breathed in relief with the dog in his hands thinking sunny must be behind him. But he was wrong. She appeared right next to him and started caressing the dog, worried.

It was obvious that kyungsoo tried ditching sunny a several more times afterwards as well but sunny was always around the corner. He had only one intention of doing so. That was to make sure sunny didn't hear his heart beating so fast.

Soon they got to the clinic.

"Well I almost ran over his leg..."

Kyungsoo was seated in one of the chairs kept at the reception area while sunny explained to the vet what happened. He just couldn't take his eyes off of sunny who was too worried and was explaining what happened many times over and over again.

He just couldn't believe that he was sitting there looking at sunny. A twist in his dull life. Sunny was the twist in his dull life.

He had always had a crush on sunny from the day he saw her at the drama club and then his vocal trainings where they trained for a drama for their school's anniversary. But that was back when sunny was a noona to him and was actually in the senior class. But a twist in fate got sunny in his class after she left school and came back again.

Kyungsoo was overjoyed. But became even more shy. Although sunny seemed to be the least interested in kyungsoo even as a friend, he always enjoyed her company in class leaving him staring at her and sera snapping him out of it every five minutes.

It was all jolly good and fine for Kyungsoo until he felt that sunny might never like him the way he likes her. From that day onwards he could only look at how sunny would react to how he would talk to her. Seemed like sunny only considered him as a friend and that too she always kept a distance. It was then that kyungsoo took up the courage to confess to sunny.

But he was too late....

Kyungsoo breathed in slowly and tightened his grip on the rose in his hand. He didn't know that he had the courage to do this. He again thought as to why he was suddenly there with a rose in his hand dressed in a tux and looking like he was going to propose to someone. He chuckled at the thought of how it turned out this way.

He heard the audience clapping inside the auditorium even from this distance. He was outside. It was their concert in school. Everyone was inside and he was outside alone.

He was done singing his duet with taeyeon and was outside deciding whether it was the right time or not. But he knew that he wanted to say it for sure.

So he breathed in again and started walking towards the classroom which he knew was in which sunny was probably getting ready for her solo performance.

He walked up the stairs passing busy kids all dressed up and ready to perform. He finally spotted the sign saying "performance no.7".

He now walked to the door with that sign and stopped there. It was half closed. Kyungsoo hid himself behind the door and held up his hand to knock on it.

Then again he thought he shouldn't knock but go in and surprise her.

"What if she's changing her clothes ? Aish no I should knock", kyungsoo whispered again.

He smiled a bit at his childishness and then took up his hand again to knock but froze as he heard sunny's voice from inside.

"You are too sweet...I..I don't know what to say?"

Kyungsoo, curious, peeked in to see sunny beautifully dressed in a white dress. Her hair pinned back although it was short making it fall down in pretty curls. It was truly mesmerising. He looked at him dressed in a white tux as well. It was like kyungsoo had it all planned down to the very last detail.

Kyungsoo's mouth formed a curve at the thought of how simple things made it sweeter. But as he followed sunny's gaze he found a boy looking down at sunny smiling with a bunch of roses in his hand.

Sunny laughed shyly and took the roses from the boy's hand and held it closer to her face.

Kyungsoo watched as sunny smelled it and laughed back shyly. He couldn't help but glance at his rose on his hand. He watched as sunny sweetly laughed again as the boy asked her out.

The words that came out of the boy's mouth seemed perfectly rehearsed and full of confidence unlike what kyungsoo had planned on saying. But the words he wanted to say wasn't his biggest worry.

The boy stopped with the last important question.
Kyungsoo looked at the way sunny shyly listened and smiled at the end.

He wanted to know what sunny's reply was but her face had already answered the question.

He turned around and started walking away from sunny's room. He walked slowly but hoping he would disappear from that place fast knowing that he had lost the game even before he could enter the field.

Kyungsoo suddenly shuddered as a person tapped on his shoulder.

"Annyaseho,  what are you doing here, kyungsoo-ah? " a tall yet sweet looking young man bowed down all the way.

Kyungsoo immediately smiled brightly and answered,

"Annyaseho hyung, one of my friend's dog got injured", and he pointed at sunny who was still explaining.

"Oh don't worry, my father will treat him and he will be cured in no time at all", he assured.

Soon sunny joined and kyungsoo introduced the young man to sunny.

"Noona, this is lay hyung. Hyung this is sunny noona".

Sunny and lay bowed. Lay assured sunny that her pet will be fine.

"Ani ani, he's not my dog. He was just on the road. I don't even know the owner", sunny said.

Lay was then asked to come by his father while sunny and kyungsoo sat down for a moment.

Kyungsoo was feeling nervous as silence took over. He was thinking of what to say when sunny started mumbling worried.

"I hope he's okay. I hope the owner  won't file a case".

Kyungsoo smiled a bit and replied,

"Don't worry, I'll kick him hard so he'll have to file a case against me before filing one against you".

Kyungsoo started panicking. 
! Are you mad?! Why did you say that?!

Sunny giggled and looked at kyungsoo.

"Thanks a lot then", she smiled at him making kyungsoo melt inside.

Lay came trotting back and asked,

"Do you guys know who's dog it is?...", he looked at kyungsoo and laughed ,"...ahaha it's kris's dog. He just called me telling he lost his dog again. Don't worry sunny kris ain't no monster".

Kyungsoo laughed knowing how clumsy kris was. He was also overjoyed to find that kris was back in town; Kyungsoo's one and only favourite hyung who gets to bug him but still get kyungsoo to cook him delicious meals.

¤¤¤

Sehun listened to his stomach grumbling while he laid in his bed staring at the ceiling. He had skipped lunch and wasn't feeling that very good.

He tried looking for Kyungsoo but kyungsoo was no where to be found. He then tried knocking on Sera's door but nobody answered it.

"Where are the people in this house?" He talked angrily to himself.

He was walking about the house now. He occasionally went to the refrigerator and tried checking for food but there was nothing he could eat. Seemed like all the junk food got eaten off by either sera or kyungsoo.

So he found himself outside in the small garden sitting on the green grass staring at the clear blue sky.

He was thinking about how trees grew (out of nowhere) when he spotted his neighbor, a twelve year old boy, riding his bicycle up and down the lane. He smiled, surprisingly, at the boy.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter