Chapter 23 : Little chances

Housemates
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Are you sure?" Kai asked glancing over kyungsoo's shoulder to see the door to sera's parents' room shut.

"Y...yes", kyungsoo answered.

Kai suddenly came closer to kyungsoo and made him sit down on the couch while taking a seat next to him.

"Kyungsoo-yah, I want you to know this before I tell her and that is if I tell her but I'm going to tell her, I mean I have to", Kai started mumbling.

"Tell her what? Tell who?" Kyungsoo asked.

"Your cousin...sera", Kai whispered towards the end.

"Okay, tell her what?" Kyungsoo asked again.

"Well, not exactly tell but to ask her...to go out...with me", Kai finished and stared at kyungsoo to catch his reaction.

Kyungsoo hardly even reacted. Which made Kai a bit nervous.

"But why are you telling this to me?" Kyungsoo broke the short silence.

"Um well...you've known her basically forever so...I guess...I thought..", Kai started mumbling again.

"Kai, why don't you ask her out? If she likes the idea she'll say yes, if she doesn't...well"

"Yes, of course. It's all up to her to decide. But I don't want the friendship between me and sera to end because of this. That's what keeps bothering me", Kai lowered his head.

"Don't worry about it..." Kyungsoo answered while listening to Kai.

But Kyungsoo wasn't the only one listening to Kai. 
Luhan who was on his way to get a glass of water had stopped at the top of the staircase and was listening to the conversation going on below.

He wasn't only listening but also calculating the possibilities of sera saying 'yes' to Kai, if Kai asks her out. Luhan should of course not bother about these things but something seemed to make him feel uneasy.

But sera likes the brat...atleast she seemed to like him for a long time...
And same goes for sehun

No, I shouldn't be eavesdropping or thinking about others' things. I should be studying...finishing my project

Luhan hurried off back into his room and closed the door behind him.

There were various things running through Luhan's head at once. But out of all he felt like he had to do something about this. Like he had to take sehun's side and make him confess before Kai gets there.

After sometime he heard Kai leave. Luhan anxiously went to the one book that made him see sera's feelings for sehun. After going through the diary he once went through a long time back, his feeling of wanting to make things right reached its highest point.

With much hesitation he opened the door, determined to go speak with sehun.

And he almost jumped seeing sehun pass by infront of him right after he opened his door.

"Se...sehun!", Luhan shouted.

Sehun turned and made a face seeing Luhan run to him.

"Wait. You need to do something. Quick!"

"Huh?" Sehun questioned.

Luhan found that it was harder than he thought it would be, so he suddenly left sehun there to run to his room.

Sehun was confused and was wondering whether kyungsoo gave anything to his stepbrother to make him act this weird.

Sehun opened his door to go into his room, when suddenly Luhan crashed in with him holding a pink book in his hand which read 'diary' in gold.

He pushed the book towards sehun and said, "Read!"

Sehun looked at it and answered,
"Uh no, why would I want to read your diary?"

"You really think that's mine?" Luhan asked stating that the book was after all pink and gold in color.

"It could be yours. Why do I have to read this again?"

"Look sehun, you may think this is stupid but one day you will thank me for this. Oh and one more thing...man up and go confess or else you'll lose even the little chance you have"

And in a flash luhan was gone and sehun was left to assume that luhan was talking about him and sera.
Sehun closed the door and flipped the diary open to see whose it was when the page he turned to read in big capital letters,

SEHUN, YOU JERK!

Sehun closed it to nod and confirm saying,
"Definitely sera's diary...hmm wonder where he found it?

¤¤¤

Sera was back to normal the next morning. She was in such a good mood that she got dressed earlier than the boys and found herself sitting down at the dinning table eating breakfast.

"I feel like...I'm floating...on a cloud", sera announced making kyungsoo's head turn.

"You slept very well yesterday, didn't you?" Kyungsoo said a bit teasingly but immediately realized that sera had no idea who helped her fall asleep when she replied saying,

"Yes, it was so weird how didn't wake up in between realizing that I was trying to pull my own hair out...hmm"

Just then a very tired looking sehun who seemed to have not slept at all made his way to the table.

"You look horrible", sera commented.

Sehun drank some water and snorted.
"Yes, well this is what happens when you get to know how much a person has cursed you from day one"

Sehun had been up on his feet all night reading sera's diary, which was basically just her cursing him.

It didn't take much time for them to come out of the house and be well on their way to school. Sera and kyungsoo were on the lead while sehun was behind them reading the diary while covering it with his math book, which in turn made sera and kyungsoo look at him weirdly for they have never seen sehun going through his math this attentively.

Surprisingly though they came to school early enough for Chanyeol to grab sehun away from his housemates and wonder off into school.

"What are you reading?" Chanyeol asked skipping through the hallway.

"Math...can't you see?" Sehun answered lifting the book up.

"No, I mean the book inside the math book"

"Is it that obvious?"

"Yeah. You're an idiot..." Chanyeol said when suddenly sehun cursed and left Chanyeol to stare at him.

"How can anyone curse a person this many times?!"

"You seem very stressed out my friend. Let's close that book and look at the nature outside. Want to try meditating a bit?"

Chanyeol was off to calm sehun down while on the other side sera was left alone by kyungsoo who spotted sunny coming to school.

Sera opened her locker and was arranging some books when suddenly her locker banged close. Sera almost jumped but soon narrowed her eyes seeing a familiar person infront of her.

"You really want me to, don't you?" Taeyeon spoke looking at sera quite angrily.

Sera was confused and became even more confused when taeyeon suddenly clasped her hands and started apologizing,
"I'm sorry. So sorry for torturing you and making you feel like the worst best friend ever. I'm sorry for making you feel like crap that night because I liked the same guy who liked you. I sincerely apologize for everything, so please please tell him to stop following me"

Sera couldn't believe her ears. She never thought taeyeon would apologize or even speak with her without saying something witty.
"Who?" Sera asked catching up with the last sentence taeyeon said.

"That Byun baekhyun! He's been following me around everywhere from the time you told him to start bothering me with his confessions and blah blah. Tell him to stop because it's annoying now"

"Haha baekhyun oppa? I'm sorry but I have nothing to do with the actions of baekhyun oppa. He must really like you then", sera laughed while taeyeon sighed like its the end of her life.

"Just tell me you're behind this. He's so annoying...", taeyeon went on to complaining and slowly turned to go away.

Just then a thought popped inside sera's head and she suddenly grabbed taeyeon to ask,
"So about back then, you liked sehun too?"

Sera didn't expect taeyeon to answer her directly at all but she did.
"Well, yes. Kind of"

"Sehun liked you too, right? You two were a couple?" Sera asked as the flashback of her seeing taeyeon with sehun played in her mind.

"Weren't you the one who told me that he was going to confess to you? That you overheard his friends talking about it?"

"Yeah, but I saw you two together and you said that..."

"I lied...because I got angry that he was going to confess to you when you hated him and when he seemed like he hated you too. But then again you two never hated each other..."

Sera felt like some sort of big weight was lifted off of her shoulders. But at the same time she felt like all that hating on Sehun after seeing him with taeyeon was kind of not fair at all.

"... And before you ask me about this, I'm over him. I got over him probably the time I left you that night infront of that shop...",

Sera watched as taeyeon said this and silence took over.

"...its kind of awkward talking to you so see you later"

And in a flash taeyeon was gone. But sera's mind was already occupied with something else.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter