Chapter 21 : Because you are special

Housemates
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kyungsoo was never asleep the night of the party. He couldn't fall asleep. His heart never let him fall asleep from the time he came home from the hospital the week before. It was not because he was scared that Chanmin would hunt him down; but because the person whom he worried about seemed to have forgotten about him.

He sighed as he opened his eyes finding himself sitting on the couch in Kris's living room. He heard his schoolmates partying outside. The room was still full of the multicolored balloons kris blew up in the evening. Kyungsoo wondered as to why kris even bothered to blow up so many balloons if he never wanted any guests inside the living room in the first place.

Kyungsoo sat there silently and with nothing in his mind for a while when suddenly the familiar figure who he wanted to see came inside opening the front door and closing it behind her. Kyungsoo thought his eyes were tricking him until she came closer to him.

"Kyungsoo-yah", sunny spoke out and went in to hug Kyungsoo.

But Kyungsoo suddenly backed away making sunny halt in the middle to see the usual delicate Kyungsoo had turned quite angry.

"Kyungsoo...", sunny started.

"No, wait...why are you here?...no, I mean why are you in front of me?...after all this time..."

"I know...I should have called you..."

"No, noona. You didn't have to call me. You could have just picked up the phone when I called you or replied to one my messages saying that you were okay...but...but why are you here now?"

Sunny stood there silent and speechless. Her heart sank because the very purpose of her coming to this party was to see Kyungsoo.

"I'm sorry, Kyungsoo. This whole thing was because of me...", sunny's eyes were already tearing up but Kyungsoo cut her off in a stern voice,

"Don't apologize"

And silence took over. Kyungsoo felt that they were being watched and from the corner of his eye saw sera gritting her teeth and sehun holding her back. And with one look he asked sera and sehun to leave them.

After waiting till they went away, Kyungsoo finally turned to sunny.

"What happend to you after they took me away that night?" Kyungsoo asked still with a stern voice but a bit afraid that he must have scared sunny although he didn't actually mean to fire back at her so harshly.

Sunny surprisingly answered picking herself back up, 
"I...ran away. I was scared and I didn't think about anyone but myself. I saw you being dragged off by his two friends and...and I saw chanmin come towards me...and so I ran away..."

Sunny looked up at Kyungsoo to see him staring at her with a blank face.

"...I'm sorry for running away, Kyungsoo. I'm sorry for not being there for you when you were there for me..."

"I didn't want you to be there for me. All I wanted was a simple 'I'm okay' for all those messages I sent you"

Sunny nodded showing that she agreed that she was wrong. Kyungsoo's heart sank seeing her silent and without her usual bright smile.

"I'm probably the worst friend anyone could ever have, right?" Sunny managed to say something before disappearing leaving kyungsoo alone among the sea of balloons.

¤¤¤

Luhan saw the entire scene with kyungsoo and sunny. The moment sunny left he saw kyungsoo punch his head hard and fall back onto the couch he was buried in the entire night.

Luhan wanted to use the wash room but he had to pass through kyungsoo to get there. Not wanting to make kyungsoo feel uneasy, he climbed his way up the stairs looking for Kris's room.

As he approached the door with a large poster of the outer space on it, he heard a thud against the door. Curious, he opened it up to find a sera buried under a shirtless Sehun.

"Umm what's going on here?"

Both sera and sehun looked up to him dumbfounded.

Sehun immediately got up mumbling,
"It's not what you think...it's nothing like that...ew no never"

Sera too sprung up to repeat exactly what sehun was saying.

In another couple of minutes both sehun and sera found themselves sitting on Kris's bed, a good couple of feet away from each other and Luhan looking at them very disappointed in their behavior (also sehun was advised to put his clothes back on).

Kris came in half way through Luhan's staring contest with sehun and sera, and upon listening to Luhan's explanation, kris too turned to them with a serious face and said,

"Guys, you need to control yourselves"

"It's nothing like that,oppa!" Sera shouted.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter