Chapter 19: Maybe because I'm worried

Housemates
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

He sniffed the air. He sniffed until he realized the odor was the familiar 'hospital smell'. 
 

Sehun who was asleep for quite a bit of time fluttered his eyes open to see that he was on a bed. The plain dull white light which lit up the room he was in made him want to just go back to sleep where his dreams were more colorful.

dreams...back to my dreams...
colors...dreams...
Se...Sera?

Sehun's half closed eyes shot open. Two curtains covered both his sides. His left arm had a needle on to it with a saline bottle hung on to the hook on the wall above his head. He reached out his long right hand and with complete ease pushed the curtain open to see someone on the other bed.

It was kyungsoo. He was sleeping a bit too comfortably cuddled up. Even so sehun saw that there was worry and exhaustion written across his face. He had scratches on his face and a black eye. Nothing serious about kyungsoo but sehun knew that he must be feeling the pain of those hits.

Speaking of pain, sehun felt his back ache. Feeling the extreme discomfort he moved a bit on the bed till the pain reduced.

Is my spine okay?

Sehun was curious because after all he knew the hit to his back was pretty bad.

He heard a familiar voice among the voices filling up the room. Using his left foot moved the curtain on his left side to see his step brother with a black eye, an ice pack in his hand and a very serious face, at the far corner of the large area talking to whom sehun thought was their school coach.

Sehun was about to shut out of the world when he spotted someone...or rather some people.

Sera was talking to kai. She seemed completely depressed and kai was holding on to her. And just like that kai hugged sera real tight.

Pissed off seeing them together like that sehun pushed the curtain close with his foot and went back to sleep. Sleep was the only way he could redeem his mind from feeling his body ache...including his heart.

¤¤¤

He sniffed the air again to feel a familiar odor. He was back home. On his bed. He didn't remember walking to his room so it seemed like someone carried him to his bed.

He opened his eyes a bit lazily to find that he was indeed on his bed. And look what he found right beside his right ear...chichi his soft toy.

With chichi in his hand he got up a bit to lean against the wall with his back aching again.

"Don't get up. Just sleep", came a voice that startled sehun.

To his left at the far dark corner was luhan who had comfortably wrapped himself in a blanket and seemed to be half asleep.

"Um okay", came sehun's response.

After a few minutes of awkward silence luhan mumbled saying,

"Your father came by. He seemed to be worried"

Sehun a bit surprised to see luhan completely calm about it nodded after listening to him.

"Your mother called as well. She said she's busy this week so she'll try coming sometime after"

Sehun smirked and added,
"When did she ever bother coming?...did you by any chance tell her that...that.."

"...that your father visited you?... No, I don't think she needs to know that just yet"

Sehun unconsciously smiled a bit hearing luhan's response.

Luhan lazily got up and still wrapped in his blanket walked to the door like a ghost. He opened the door to smell something.

"Looks like sera already burnt the rice", luhan concluded as smell of something burning took over the room.

Sehun's eyes widened as he asked back quite shocked,
"Sera's cooking?"

Indeed the rice was burnt pretty bad but no one really complained. Kyungsoo was put to sleep and sera didn't want luhan cooking but luhan joined anyway after sometime.

It was morning and was around ten o'clock when sehun and kyungsoo came out of their rooms to eat the breakfast prepared by sera and luhan.

They sat down as they ate. The three boys with sour faces didn't utter a word seeing sera so happy about cooking her first meal.

"Sera, you really need to start cooking with me", kyungsoo finally said something in a nice way...sort of.

"Kris oppa just called saying he postponed the party to next week", sera said.
 

The four of them finished off their breakfast. Kyungsoo stayed a bit with luhan downstairs while sehun made his way back to his room.

He found himself getting unusually tired as he walked up the stairs and to his door.

"Wah, I really need to rest", he said to himself and was about to open the door when he felt two hands grab him from behind and hug him tight.

"Thank you, sehun. Thank you so much for being with kyungsoo", came a low whisper.

He turned around to see sera with her eyes tearing up and a grateful smile across her face.

He smirked and got ahold of her cheeks and said squeezing them,
"Don't ever smile like that...especially to that delinquent"

Sera looked at sehun confused,
"Delinquent?"

And just then a tear rolled down her cheek and on to sehun's hand to which he wiped the tears that came rolling down while saying,
"And don't ever cry...ever in front of anyone..."

Sera smiled at the sweet words of sehun.

"...except for me! You can cry all you want"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter