Chapter 11 : The relationship between x and y

Housemates
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Luhan looked back at the tiny paper on which he wrote the instructions down after listening to his counselor tell him the directions to his class.

He scratched his head and spoke to himself,

"Damn it! I'm officially lost".

He crumpled up the paper and put it in his pocket to now try finding it on his own.

He was outside on his university grounds surrounded by large buildings and people who seemed to be going on their own ways hurriedly. Since he got enrolled about a week later he was pretty sure he was the only freshman who was completely and utterly lost.

He started to feel uncomfortable now seeing that he knew nothing at all. He tried talking to some people passing by and maybe it was because he started off in a low voice that no one seemed to notice him.

He stranded off trying to get someone to tell him the directions when he found himself looking at a bunch of girls laughing away near a building.

Luhan approached them feeling a bit frightened and tensed. And just like he predicted the girl who was speaking to the others and making them laugh, spotted him.

"Oh Annyaseho...do you want to speak with anyone?" The girl asked politely.

Luhan nodded and opened his mouth to speak but stopped immediately seeing about six pairs of eyes turn to look at him.

Nevertheless he cleared his throat and continued,

"Um actually I'm a freshman and I'm kind of lost..do..do you guys know where the engineering labs are?"

The girls listened to him and turned to the one who was speaking before,

"Oh a freshman...yeah of course, actually you can go with Yoona because she's an engineering major as well...Yoona? Yoona-ssi? " The girl called out to her friend who seem to be missing.

Luhan waited and suddenly saw a head pop up from behind the girl who was speaking to him.

"Ah of course, I'll show you the way", the girl who popped up replied grabbing her bag and pushing her long brown hair back and smiled at luhan.

Luhan smiled back. Soon the girls said their good byes and luhan found himself following Yoona.

"Weren't you there for the orientation?" She asked as she looked back at luhan who was engrossed in admiring her long straight hair.

"No, actually I missed it", he replied and smiled back.

She looked ahead and luhan kept following her.

Yoona said her hello's and hi's to people passing by, making luhan think she was probably a sophomore or a senior.

"Here's the place", Yoona cheerfully said stopping near a door and pointing at it.

"Oh thank you so much", luhan thanked her and slightly bowed.

"No problem", Yoona smiled back.

Luhan was about to open the door and go in when Yoona suddenly stepped up, pushed the door and walked inside the classroom quite casually.

"Freshman?" Luhan asked himself seeing her sit next to a girl and two guys and start talking to them, as he slowly started entering into his new class.

¤¤¤

The math teacher started writing down the final bunch of sums on the board. Almost everyone was copying them down hurriedly because as soon as their math sir was done he would start to erase them off.

Chanyeol gasped as he realised that he had missed out some sums and started drawing arrows and writing the missing ones.

Sehun however had written only half of them down and was now just having his pen resting on his hand, with his eyes locked on Sera's wrist.

Sehun gritted his teeth seeing the small charm on Sera's bracelet slightly swing as sera went on writing the sums down.

"Half of a heart? A heart? Why a heart?" Sehun started whispering to himself.

"Yah stop it! Will you copy them down without staring at Sera's bracelet", chanyeol who was next to sehun whispered back.

Sehun kept his pen down and turned to chanyeol.

"But chanyeol, a heart? Why a heart?"

"Maybe they are a couple now, who knows?! Start writing before he throws you out again!" Chanyeol whispered back annoyed and continued copying the stuff on the board that made no sense to him at all.

"They can't be! They just can't! She doesn't even know him that well!"

"Then maybe she gave that out of pure friendship!"

"Friendship? A heart and friendship? I don't think it's friendship..something else is going on here"

"You know what, sehun? Just ask from her for God's sake!"

"What? No way! Even if I do, she won't tell me"

"Fine! Then I'll ask her! Sera!..se...", chanyeol almost jumped out of his seat annoyed by sehun and trying calling sera, but sehun pushed him back down on to his chair.

"OH SEHUN! PARK CHANYEOL!!" a voice boomed across the silent room.

Chanyeol shot right up followed by sehun who lazily stood up.

"GET OUT OF MY CLASS!!" their math teacher shouted.

And soon both of them ended up outside on the corridor.

"Great!", chanyeol remarked annoyed leaning against the wall next to sehun who was in deep thought.

"Since when did you start liking math?" Sehun asked back seeing chanyeol annoyed.

"I just suddenly wanted to find why people were so interested in finding the relationship between x and y ", chanyeol said sarcastically.

"Oh yeah?...actually I want to know too... X equals sera and y equals kai", sehun went back into a deep thought leaving chanyeol to blink at sehun several times.

¤¤¤

The bell rang out loud making the kids who were dozing off wake up with a smile and grab their bags.

Sehun and chanyeol came out of the classroom kicking each other and stopped as sehun said,

"Okay, you better go ahead because I'm going with sera straight for practises"

"Ohhh!" Chanyeol 'oh'ed excitedly giving a mocking smile to sehun.

"But sehunah, don't get too mad when sera holds on to kai. Control your anger", chanyeol tapped sehun's back making sehun push chanyeol away.

Both of them continued talking when suddenly a small voice spoke,

"Oh hi sehun. Long time no see"

Sehun looked about and spotted a short girl next to him. She smiled quite proudly as if she succeeded in doing something the others could only dream of.

"Oh hello, taeyeon. Heard you switched classes", sehun replied quite casually.

"Yeah, I came to realize that I never had friends or whatever you all them in your class"

Sehun raised his eyebrows remembering that she used to hang out with sera, while chanyeol snorted and looked away.

"Heard you are staying at their place", taeyeon pointed her nose at kyungsoo who came out of the class together with sera following him.

Sera, seeing sehun, was about to call him and go ahead when she spotted taeyeon over there. Sera saw a smirk go across taeyeon's face as sera stopped next to sehun and chanyeol.

"Too bad! It must be hell with her...She must be bringing up so many so called 'bad memories' up", taeyeon said looking at sera.

Sehun was just confused. He tore his stare off of taeyeon and looked at sera to see whether sera had any idea of what she was going on about.

"You should just mind your own business, taeyeon", a voice sounded out behind taeyeon to see it was kai.

"Of course, Prince charming comes to save the day!", taeyeon retorted and walked off glancing one more time to see sehun confused and sera with her anger reaching a very high level.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter