Chapter 17 : Before it's too late

Housemates
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Alright guys! From the beginning!",Kris clapped as the last batch of rehearsals were now going on.

Pretty much everything was on point. A little more than perfect. Sehun somehow surprised many of them with his exceptional dancing. Everyone had their own parts.

Kris and lay both praised sehun and luhan for working hard although there wasn't much words exchanged between the two step brothers. But the only good thing that happened with them dancing together was that they got more used having each other around.

Sehun was mostly either left alone or sometimes he even chose to be alone seeing that kai and sera were mostly together. He didn't forget when sera told him that she maybe attracted to kai. In fact that was the only thing that was inside sehun's head ever since she said so.

"Hahahaha"

Sehun looked at kai and sera laughing seated at the corner. Both of them seem to enjoy each other's company.

Sera looked at kai laughing hoping the awkward scenes with him a couple of days ago at the library would have vanished from his mind. Kai not wanting sera to feel awkward around him acted so perfectly that he managed to trick her and bring back his usual bestie.

Sehun couldn't help but feel as if sera and kai had something more than their strong bond of friendship going on since he at least expected them to be a bit uncomfortable around each other since the library scene.

Sehun suddenly felt a nudge to see luhan was holding a bottle of water to him. Sehun took it with one hand, opened it and gulped down the water.

"Good job", luhan suddenly spoke and was gone the next minute.

That was weird...

Sehun thought as he looked back to see what was going on with the two best friends.

Rehearsals were over and soon the three of them, sera, luhan and sehun, were home in no time at all.

All were exhausted and without a word to kyungsoo who was trying out a new recipe they went off to their rooms.

After a couple of hours and smelling a delicious dinner sehun came out of his room to see that sera was practicing her dance, alone in the living room upstairs.

Sehun slowly closed his door and leaned against the wall, secretly watching her every step.

How much he wanted to be kai whenever they performed the many times during rehearsals.
Sehun always watched them so closely for so long that he had all the moves down to the point. It wasn't like he was stalking them. It was just that his eyes never wanted to look away.

Sera stopped at some points and started repeating the moves.

"Need help?"

She turned to see sehun holding his hand out to her.

"You don't know the moves though", sera pointed out.

"Hmm well I'll try my best", sehun said sweetly and grabbed her hand.

Making sure not to surprise sera as to how well he knew the choreo he just stood in places where kai would stand and let out his hand here and there letting sera to just concentrate on her choreo.

Kyungsoo came up stairs to see his cousin and his housemate dancing. With the ending pose of the 'one minute couple choreo' kyungsoo clapped vigorously startling both sera and sehun.

Both of them a bit shyly and taken back quickly moved away from each other seeing kyungsoo. Kyungsoo stopped clapping seeing them with sour faces and asked,

"What? That was good. You guys look good together"

Sera bit her lip while sehun mentally face palmed himself.

Soon they were done with dinner and sehun was helping kyungsoo clean up when sera got a call from kai.

"Oh hi kai!" She exclaimed and moved upstairs talking to him while sehun frowned at the dishes he was holding.

"Dude, you need to make a move", a tiny voice spoke.

It was d.o .

"Um no. I think she likes kai anyway so ...", sehun surprisingly answered.

"Did she tell you she likes him?"

"What? No. She said maybe she does which means yes in her language"

"Well, I think you should tell her, you know before its too late", kyungsoo looked at sehun who was scrubbing a pan.

"I don't know. Can I ask you something? She's your cousin practically your sister. Would you rather see me with her or kai with her?"

Kyungsoo looked away in deep thought and answered,

"I'd rather see her happy with anyone she choses and I want her not to regret her choice"

"So you're telling she might regret it if she choses kai? Or me?"

"No, well I'm saying that both sides should know how the other feels. If she doesn't know how you feel she may never even consider you. What I am actually trying to say is that you should just confess! I see that kai is sure expressing his feelings well"

Sehun suddenly put the pan down and turned to d.o.

"Wait a second ...Are you saying that you are on my side?" Sehun smirked at the end.

Kyungsoo shuddered and answered,
"I'm not on anyone's side! I'm just telling. Everyone should get a chance, right?"

Sehun nodded still with his smirked plastered across his face making kyungsoo shake his head and leave sehun to do the rest of the dishes alone.

Kyungsoo was just saying what he thought was right. After all kyungsoo was one of those who never got a chance to express himself. He didn't want sera not to know how sehun felt about her even if her choice will not turn out to be sehun in the future.

¤¤¤

"Huh? What? It's 4 am! You are insane!"

A voice sleepy spoke. It seem to be coming from sehun's room.

But there's no sehun inside the room.

Something seem to be buzzing under the blanket on the bed. It's a phone.

Oh! There he is! Sehun came out from under the blanket with a sour face.

"Why? Why?! No! It's too early hyung!"

Sehun whined but the sound of a man pleading on the other side could be clearly heard,
"Please sehun-ah, please come! Your father wants to meet you and he doesn't want us to kidnap you after school"

"Yeah, because kidnapping me was the favorite part of your job and no hyung! The sun hasn't even come up!"

The whining continued for another hour till sehun finally agreed and started getting ready.

He got ready before anyone else and came out of his room with his school uniform on and with his backpack to meet kyungsoo who had just woken up coming out of his room.

Kyungsoo scratched his eyes and seem to first think sehun was a ghost. But after few minutes he just spoke asking,

"You are already up? Dressed? So early? Did you fall down the staircase or something?"

Sehun blinked at him and then continued to walk down the stairs with kyungsoo explaining him,

"I got to do this errand for a person. I'll meet you guys in school, okay? "

And before kyungsoo could reply he was gone.

Sehun got out of the house and was going down the lane waiting for the black car to magically appear out of nowhere and drag him in. His phone buzzed again.

Come to the coffee shop down the lane.
Love, bob hyung :)

Sehun widened his eyes,

"Love bob hyung? And a smiley face? This hyung is weird"

He walked down the lane to find the coffee shop everyone around their neighborhood goes to and was surprised to find it open at this hour.

"I guess they threatened adjusshi to open it or something", sehun spoke to himself and looked about to see whether the black car is around.

There was no one. He went inside the shop nevertheless to find it empty not so surprisingly.

Thinking that his father might come inside in a few minutes he chose the corner most table to sit and wait for him.

"These people have nothing else to do than bother me at four o'clock!", sehun kept on mumbling while he sat down comfortably and started getting bored.

He had nothing to play with even and decided to just finger the words carved on the wooden table by probably couples who came there.

There were hearts and names and other drawings when he spotted something written in tiny hand writing inside a small heart at a corner.

He tried reading it and suddenly it all started feeling like deja vu.

And it hit him.

The writing inside the small carved heart was "S+S" and it was he who wrote it the night that he was going to confess. The night he thought would be the best night but turned out to be the worst.

Sehun watched as sera ran away after splashing water on to him. He laughed at the thought of it and somehow went back inside his classroom and sat in his place in the last row and waited there not even bothered to dry his hair.

He quickly fell into deep thought and without even knowing was seated there motionless for half an hour.

He picked up his phone and called someone.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter