Lesson Nine

Interludium

Yoongi and Namjoon had gathered together with the other members of S-Group at their practicing room. The boys and girls had warmed up already and now many of them were tiredly lying on the ground, hanging around. Most of them had a long night partying with Kwon Jiyong. Yoongi walked annoyed up and down, looking at the front door over and over again, waiting for their instructor, who was really late already. "That old man is so late! Didn't he say that as soon as everybody's here the practice would begin?", Yoongi said pissed and turned around to the other members, who were still tired from partying, "And everybody stinks of alcohol."
Namjoon looked around, while leaning on the wall at the back of the room. "This group is a collection of poor dancers", he talked to himself, but those who were close to him and heard him, gave the blonde man a serious glance.
"Ah! The room is filled with stinking breaths!", Yoongi shouted annoyed and turned to the door again, but still nothing happened, "What is that old man doing?"
"I can't stand it anymore. Sorry, but I'm going home", one girl said and took off her ballet shoes.
"Me too", a boy added and several others agreed, "Let's go home!"
Suddenly Jungkook stormed into the room. "Wait a minute!", he shouted and tried to catch his breath again, "We'll practice now. Let's practice!"
"Kookie?", Namjoon asked confused and raised an eyebrow.
"What? Is the mascot boy going to choreograph?", Yoongi asked and laughed.
Jungkook looked embarrassed down. He had no idea about choreographing and didn’t know how to explain what happened. "Milch was faced with a sudden illness. Today this person will choreograph", he said, then turned back to the door, opened it and pulled Taehyung into the room.
"Taehyungie!!", Namjoon yelped and his eyes grew big in surprise, then he felt like he would faint. All girls of the group started squealing crazily, while the boys just rolled their eyes and exchanged annoyed looks.
"I... I'm the group choreographer?"
One boy stood up from the ground and frowned. "Why Taehyung-ssi? He's from the piano division, isn't he?"
"Yeah, what happened to Jiyong seonsaengnim?", another guy asked.
"What happened...?", Taehyung whispered and looked at Jungkook, who was hiding behind the older one, when he thought about happened. When Jungkook had taken the step forward to Kwon Jiyong, the older man suddenly had yelled Jungkook's name. Then Jungkook had opened his eyes, but instead of giving the man a kiss, Jungkook had punched his right in his face, so that the man had become a blackout and had lay on the ground. "Instead of a kiss, you suddenly launched a forward ", Taehyung talked quietly, while walking into the room and Jungkook followed him.
"Because Milchie was going to jump on me."
Most male members were still talking about going home, as Yoongi stepped to the other two. "Taehyung, can you really choreograph?"
Jungkook pushed himself between Yoongi and Taehyung, giving his friend a serious glance. "Sure he can with ease!"
"What do you mean 'with ease'?!", Taehyung asked annoyed and pushed Jungkook aside again, then he looked at Yoongi, "What piece is it?"
Jungkook, who had carried the folders all the time, stood up again and hold it to the older one, reading the titled loudly to Taehyung.
"I know this choreography", Taehyung thought and took the folders. Then he stepped in front of the group members and put the folders onto the small table, next to the music boxes. "Did everyone come prepared?", he asked and one girl quickly answered to him.
Yoongi stepped next to Taehyung and stamped his hands into this waist. "Alright, everyone! Warm up again!", he said and everyone did like he said, then he wanted to join, "Alright! Now it's my turn..."
"Wait!", Taehyung interrupted Yoongi, who looked confused to the other one, "Why are you acting like the group leader?"
"I'm not acting. I AM the group leader of S-Group", Yoongi spoke and pouted, "Seonsaengnim decided on it!" Suddenly a discussion started between some fan girls, Namjoon and Yoongi. Taehyung just rolled his eyes and clapped his hands loudly to bring silence into the bulk of people.
"Although I'm just a substitute, I have this chance to choreograph a dance crew", Taehyung thought and looked around, every student had taken place on their position, "This is a rare opportunity."

Jungkook had rushed back to Jiyong's office, where the man was still lying on the ground, being motionless. He picked up the man and carried him on his back over the campus to the practice hall. Jungkook didn't care about the weird looks the other students gave him, he just wanted to bring Jiyong over there, so that the man could see Taehyung choreograph. "Milch, please wake up!", he talked loudly while breathing quickly, "Taehyung seonbae is going to choreograph. Though I've never seen him choreograph before, he's always studying so hard. He must be amazing!" Jungkook started to babble more to himself instead of talking to the man. "I bet you will come to like him, too."
Suddenly Jungkook stopped walking as he noticed how Jiyong's hands started to roam over the younger one's chest. "Nice s!", the man chuckled and Jungkook started shivering. Then he suddenly punched the man into his face, causing him to fall down on the ground, knocking his head on a nearby tree. "Ouch!"

Taehyung stepped in front of the group, facing them. The music started and he had expected that everyone could start their parts correctly and in synch, but what he saw was more than a shock to him. Their moves were lousy and sloppily, crisscross and everyone did more like what they want, instead of following the choreo. Also their facial expressions gave Taehyung a shock. Some looked like they just ate some disgusting or sour, while other looked like they were on drugs, dreaming off, instead of concentrating. "What's with this dance crew?", Taehyung thought and tried to direct them through the choreography, "They are extremely lousy! Granted it's their first time but this performance is nothing more than . That old man! Did he just gather all the crappy and weird people throughout the academy?" Taehyung couldn't stand what he saw anymore. "Stop! Stop!", he suddenly shouted and stemmed his hands on his hips, sighing loudly.
Yoongi looked at Taehyung, then he looked around. He walked over to Taehyung and stood in front of his team members. "Hey everyone! Let's dance more grandly. More intensely, more passionately. Okay? Got it?", he talked but Taehyung just slapped him at the back of his head.
"Grandly?!", Taehyung shouted pissed, "You're in no position to talk! You made many mistakes, too. A dance crew leader disrupting the group is out of the question!" Taehyung's words caused the other members to laugh out Yoongi. They chuckled and gathered together to talk about their leader. "Position 10-B", Taehyung suddenly yelled and pointed at a boy, who was just busy backbiting Yoongi with his friend, "Your technique is totally off! Position 4-A, too excessively. Position 7-A, hit the right steps. Position 6-C, you're off-key!" The girl Taehyung was pointing at, turned to look around. "Yes you", Taehyung shouted, while the girls started fangirling over him quietly.
"Taehyung oppa is amazing! He's like a real choreographer", one girl said quietly and her twin sister immediately agreed to her.
"Damn it! He's showing off in front of Sooji", the position 10-B boy whispered to his friend.
"Everyone should easily notice such obvious mistakes", his friend replied and faced his friend, "Hey, shall we play a little trick on him? Let's switch the parts. I will dance your parts on my position and you will dance my parts on your position. There's no way he'll notice."
"So many weird moves", Namjoon talked to himself and pouted when he saw Taehyung being angry and pissed, "I feel sorry for Taehyungie, but he's so cute."
Taehyung took off his jacket and laid it next to the music boxes, before he stepped back in front of the others, who were facing him. "It's no use criticizing their individual techniques", he thought and looked at everyone, "This is a chance for me to choreograph a dance crew."
At the same time Jungkook arrived at the hall again and places the man on a chair in a corner and sat down next to him. He wiped over his forehead and leaned forward, observing Taehyung and the practice.
"Okay, form the top", Taehyung ordered with a calm, but strict voice. The music started and it looked slightly better than before, but Taehyung noticed every small mistake. "9-B, too fast. 10-B, get in synch! 7-A, your steps! 9-C, don't squeak with your shoes."
Jungkook's eyes grew round. "Wow, amazing. Taehyung seonbae recognizes who's dancing what right away", he talked to himself and sit back correctly on his chair. Then he looked to his left side, where Jiyong sat, but suddenly the man had regained consciousness and was watching everything clearly and curiously. "Milchie..."
"Background group, more calmly! 6-C, watch your steps! Intergroup, more sharply! 10-B lousy steps!", Taehyung ordered around and then the two boys gave each other a wink. Suddenly they switched their parts and Taehyung's eyes grew big in surprise. He noticed immediately what was going on, for him it was obvious. He stopped the music again and looked down sighing. "How can I go on...", he asked himself quietly before his words changed into thoughts, "They ignore my instructions. They have no ability to learn. On top of that, they were playing a stupid trick on me too. What a lousy group!"
Suddenly it clapped and Jiyong slowly walked over to Taehyung, who at first looked confused aside. "Okay, that's enough", Jiyong talked, "Taehyung, you failed." Taehyung titled his head confused and let Jiyong step in front of the group of students. "Sorry to keep everyone waiting", the choreographer spoke.
"Hey! How did I fail?", Taehyung asked, who kept standing next to Jiyong.
"You...", Jiyong started and pointed from Taehyung to the girl, Taehyung had shouted at, "...made a girl cry. That's a horrific failure."
Suddenly the door banged open, which gave Jungkook a huge fright and everyone was looking who stormed into the room. It was a boy, he looked rushed and exhausted. "Sorry I'm late!", he screamed, panting for air while he was running over to his place.
"Wow, now everybody's here. Well, then. Let's begin", Jiyong said happily, while Taehyung took his jacket on again and walked over to Jungkook, who stood next to the chairs. "Taehyung", Jiyong caught the student's attention again, "You didn't notice one important thing." Taehyung gave the older one a curious glance, while Jiyong turned back to the dance crew. "Min Yoongi, for now you don't have to bother with the stepping technique and stuff. Let out more fun movements, just as you usually do."
"Yes, sir", Yoongi agreed and smiled.
Taehyung sat down on one of the chairs and watched how Jiyong handles everyone in his own way. "You, 7-A, better blow your nose before start dancing or you will cause other people to slip on your snot and you can concentrate more on your steps", the choreographer talked and the several group members agreed to him, "10-B, it may be better to change into better dance shoes the next time. And the beautiful twin girls, it's okay to be in awe of the choreographer, but don't forget to produce y moves." Then he turned to the boy, who came late. "Kiddo, are you ready?", Jiyong asked and the boy nodded quickly, "Okay, everyone let's go through the choreo just as Taehyung said."
The music started and Jungkook, who sat next to Taehyung on a chair, looked curiously from the older one to the dance grew, which started dancing. But this time it looked much better than the mess before. "Is this just as you said?", Jungkook asked quietly.
Taehyung observed everything carefully from the side. He had heard Jungkook's question, but he didn't want to answer it, because then he would have admitted that it wasn't the same. "No", he thought, "I don't mean to make excuses but they are really lousy. They are responsible for their own physical condition. But... with him choreographing it comes to life. He must really respect music and people and in return he's respected as well."

Once again Taehyung stood in Kwon Jiyong's office and laid an application to change divisions on the man's desk. It's been a while since he choreographed the S-Group for some minutes, since then he tried it every day, but Jiyong had always refused him, so this day Taehyung came prepared. He put the letter on the desk and shove it to the man, who sat in his chair, reading a newspaper. "Please approve my transfer to the choreographer division", Taehyung said in formal speech and even bowed lightly, which was really rare.
Jiyong closed his newspaper and laid it on the desk, before he took the application letter and ripped it into pieces. Then he threw the ripped pieces of paper over the desk without looking at the student.
Taehyung laughed slightly and nodded. "Fine. Until you approve, I'll keep submitting requests", he said and laid a bulk of application letters on the desk.
"You don't have to transfer", Jiyong suddenly spoke and looked at Taehyung, "I will take you as my pupil." Taehyung gave the older man a surprised glance and Jiyong slowly stood up from his huge leather chair, walking around his big desk. "You seem to be an interesting guy. But, don't transfer. It's better for you to continue with piano. In return you must spend all your other time with me."
"Seonsaengnim", Taehyung said quietly and smiled.
"Alright!", Jiyong suddenly yelled happily and gave Taehyung a huge fright, "Now that it's decided, let's go to Hongdae! With you by my side, we'll get women easily!"

A boy was carrying a huge back bag, which was almost as big as him. He ambled over the areaway of the academy and breathed heavily. Sweat was spreading on his forehead, so that his bangs lightly stacked on his skin. "Just a little more...", the boy tried to encourage himself while panting.
At the same time Jungkook was stealing his friend's lunch box again. When the girl shouted his name and run after him, Jungkook tried to flee. He was rushing down the stairs and when he was sure he had outdistanced his classmate, Jungkook was walking comfortably along the path outside the building. He was focusing on the lunch box in his hands as suddenly bumped someone into him, so that Jungkook fall on the ground with the lunch box flying highly before it met the dirty ground as well. When Jungkook saw the lunch box in the dust, the boy was whining around and picked it up. "My 'Autumn Excursion' lunch box", Jungkook whined while sitting on the ground.
"Um...", someone said from behind and Jungkook looked around, he saw the boy who came late to the dance rehearsal last time, "That lunch box... if you don't want it, may I eat it?"
"But the food dropped and is dirty", Jungkook mumbled sadly.
"That's alright", the boy said and grabbed the box, starting eating. The boy was obviously starving. "Hunger is the best spice, they say." He put lots of rice into his mouth and was munching, then the boy suddenly let the lunch box fall down. "Oh no, I'm late for dance rehearsal! I was distracted by the food! Kookie, thank you for the meal", he said and bowed then he started running again.
"Are you alright?", Jungkook shouted after the boy, but the boy didn't reply to him anymore.

In the meanwhile the dance crew had gathered in their practicing room. Everyone was warming up their muscles as Jiyong and Taehyung entered the room together. Jiyong told everyone the good news, he had prepared for S-Group, but the news caused a huge murmur and astonishment. "We're participating in the show review?", Taehyung asked surprised.
"That will be S-Group's debut", Jiyong said but the member's just exchanged surprised and shocked looks.
"There's only two weeks left", Taehyung mentioned, "With such a group.... Are you serious? You know, A-Group will be dancing also."
Suddenly Yoongi jumped up, placing himself in front of the other members. "ALRIGHT", he said loudly and grinned, "It'll be my group leader debut! We'll out-do A-Group!! Let's do it!!" The group shouted encouraged and clapped.
Taehyung just shook his head and rolled his eyes. "Well it’s not like I will be choreographing anyway", Taehyung thought while observing the group getting crazy over the news.
"And one more thing", Jiyong interrupted the excited students and caught Taehyung's attention, who stood next to him with crossed arms, "From today the vice choreographer of S-Group will be Taehyung." The student couldn't believe what he was hearing, while the girls started screaming in excitement. Jiyong took his folder and turned to Taehyung. "So, Taehyung, here's everything you need. There are instructions written inside. I'm going to a night club. Please take care of the rest", Jiyong mumbled to his pupil before he turned back to the dance crew, "Because I have very important business to attend to I'm putting Taehyung in charge. Bye bye!"
Jiyong turned around and was walking straight to the door to leave the room again. "Please wait! We joined this group to study with you!", one student shouted and the choreographer turned around again. 
The man frowned and suddenly looked angry. "I'm also responsible for the A-Group and the choreographer division! I can't bother with S-Group all the time!", he shouted, which shocked the students, then he continued talking calmly again, "By the time I come back next time and I hope all of you will have improved with Taehyung's help! With no one is dropping out. Do your best. Bye bye!" Then he turned around again and pranced out of the room.
"Why am I the vice choreographer?", Taehyung asked himself and looked after Jiyong, "What is that old man thinking?"
"Well don't think too much about it", Yoongi said when he appeared next to Taehyung and patted his shoulder, "You finally get to choreograph a dance crew, right?"
"I'm happy for you, Taehyungie", Namjoon added and appeared on Taehyung's other side, smiling happily.
Then suddenly the boy with the huge back bag stormed into the room. He stumbled over his own feet and fell on the ground in front of the three boys. "Are you okay?", Yoongi asked, while the whole room was staring at the boy.
The boy stood up, panting and sweating from his run and let the huge back bag fall down on the ground. "Sorry, I'm late!", he said and bowed.
"Whoa, Hoseok! You're late again because of your part-time job?", Yoongi asked curiously.
The guy smiled and wiped his forehead. "Actually I was off today. But I didn't have money for the metro, so I walked here."
"Walked? From where?", Namjoon and Yoongi asked in choir.
"Cheongdam-dong in Gangnam", Hoseok smiled exhausted.
"What? That's a forty minutes ride with the subway", Yoongi said shocked, "And you carried this heavy thing the whole time?!"
"Hurry and get ready", Taehyung suddenly said loudly and everyone agreed. Hoseok put his stuff to the other student's bags and went to his position, "Let's begin with the first movement." Now Taehyung was their choreographer and he had to bring out their best, so their first performance won't be as worse and embarrassing as Taehyung expected it to be, especially because he was responsible for it now also.