Lesson Seven

Interludium

Sometime after Jungkook got turned down by Taehyung, Yoongi came over because they had an appointment for practice and since school was closed already Jungkook had offered him to practice at his place. When Yoongi would have had a piano at his house, they could have trained there, but he didn't have one, so he came to his friend. It was the first time Yoongi saw the younger one's apartment, which was like always a bit chaotic, but it was acceptable.
The sound Jungkook was producing with his piano was extremely sloppy and lousy. It sounded awfully, which even Yoongi noticed although he didn't know much about the piano at all. "Kookie, this is really bad! Come on, get over it", Yoongi said and stopped, giving his friend a look. But Jungkook was just letting his head hang down depressed, leaning over his piano. Yoongi grabbed Jungkook's shoulder, trying to shake his friend to get him out of his delirium. "All you have left is the piano, right? If you can't play the piano well, your life won't be worth..." Jungkook whined and accidentally hit his head on the piano. "Sorry, I didn't mean to be so blunt", Yoongi added and poke his cheek.
"Blunt?", Jungkook mumbled and turned away.
Yoongi jumped in front of his friend, who kept looking down. "Hey! With how things are, why don't you be my boyfriend then?", he spoke but Jungkook just gave him a look, which scared Yoongi, because Jungkook's pupil weren't visible and his messy hair made it look worse. "As if?", Yoongi laughed scared and then turned around to look at Namjoon, who was sitting on the ground, hugging his knees and looked lifeless, "And why the heck are you here, too? The duel is over, right? So let's practice. I beg you, practice!"
"I want to see seonbae! I want to eat seonbae's home-cooking", Jungkook whined, causing Yoongi and Namjoon to look up, when they heard what the younger one was saying, "Capri something... Broccoli something..."
Namjoon screamed with his teeth being bared and Yoongi jumped up from Jungkook's bed, walking quickly over to his friend. "Did Taehyung cook for you?! Could it be because he has some feelings for you?", Yoongi asked and Jungkook nodded, "A guy wouldn't do that for someone he hates! It may still be worth trying and Taehyung is a guy too, after all! Use all your feminine wiles!"
"Feminine wiles?", Jungkook and Namjoon asked at the same time and Yoongi agreed, but while Jungkook thought about what he should do, Namjoon just screamed while biting into one of Jungkook's cuddle toys. 
Then Jungkook suddenly clapped his hands and walked over to his mirror, where a typical Hawaiian flower garland was hanging. Jungkook laid it around his neck and tried to pose girly. "How about this?"
Yoongi shook his head quickly. "That's too old and weird! Don't you have something y? And maybe make-up? Guy liner!"
"How about this?", Jungkook asked after he had drawn his cheeks with a red chalk and had tried to put some eyeliner on but he obviously failed, because he looked like a clown now, who was wearing a transparent shirt. Yoongi couldn't believe his eyes, he hoped he was dreaming and just shook his head, while Namjoon stared with an open mouth, speechlessly to the younger one. "Marilyn Monroe was like this, wasn't she?"
"Why Marilyn Monroe?", Yoongi asked shocked, Jungkook sulked and his eyes filled with tears, "Don't cry!"
"I'm laughing..."
"Give it to me", Namjoon said and pushed Jungkook on the ground before he sat down in front of the younger one, "Can't you put on decent makeup at your age? Put foundation on lightly all over to soften your face. The eyebrows shouldn't be too busily and the eyes should be big, of course. The cheeks and lips should be fresh." While Namjoon was talking, he wiped over Jungkook's cheeks and tried to save the chaos which the younger one caused on himself.
"This will knock his socks off, won't it?", Jungkook babbled and Namjoon thumbed up with a smile. 
"Hey! What are you people doing?", a serious voice suddenly appeared at the guys backs. Yoongi turned surprised around and saw Taehyung, who stood in the door, looking annoyed and a shocked murmur went through the room, while Taehyung came closer.
"He came! To see me?", Jungkook talked to himself and jumped over to the older one, hugging Taehyung's hips, "Seonbae! I wanted to see you!" Then Jungkook looked up but his makeup was crisscross and smeared all over his face, because some tears ran over Jungkook's cheeks and he had wiped them with them away with the bag of his hand. "Does this turn you on?"
"Ewww!", Taehyung screamed and pushed Jungkook away from him, which made Namjoon really happy, "What are you doing being so noisy in the middle of the night?"
"No, they're just trying their best to get you to like them", Yoongi tried to explain.
"Stop making fun of me!", Taehyung talked angrily, "Who can fall in love with a boy like him? And besides him... What kind of man is he? A freak?!" The words once again repeated in Namjoon's mind like crazy, he got sad, quickly turned around and left the apartment.
"You didn't need to say that", Yoongi said.
"Yes, that's mean!"
Taehyung crossed his arms and looked from Yoongi to Jungkook. "You're the one who's being mean! And what was that music you were playing? That was noise disturbing your neighbors!"
"Wait a minute!", Yoongi interrupted the other one, giving him an angry glance and stepped closer to the other one.
Taehyung just raised one of his eyebrows and gave Yoongi an arrogant smirk. "You seriously think you're good at violin? Why did you even choose such a difficult instrument?", he asked and Yoongi thought about it. Everyone knew when joining the Myeongdong Music Academy, the first two years everyone had to concentrate on one instrument and follow classical lessons, which was something Yoongi always disliked, but he stilled liked the violin, although he wanted to graduate in dancing instead of the instrument. But not he had to do his exam otherwise he wasn't allowed to finish studying dancing, when his second-year instrument final wasn't passed.
"Of course! I once won third place in the national junior competition", Yoongi told him proudly and Taehyung nodded.
"People called you a child prodigy or something and you took it serious? A familiar story...", Taehyung talked and looked at Yoongi, who didn't fully understand, then Taehyung looked around and noticed the violin which laid on Jungkook's bed, "Let me borrow your violin." He took the instrument and placed it on his shoulder, shaking the box and looked at Yoongi again. "The beginning of the piece you have to play should be enough, right?" Taehyung started playing the violin and the sound he was producing was totally different from what Yoongi did.
"Seonbae is amazing! Wonderful! So wonderful", Jungkook said happily and hugged Taehyung's leg.
"Speaking of a junior competition", Taehyung continued and ignored the younger one, being clingy again, "I've won first prize in Vienna, when we used to live there because of my mother."
"Vienna? First prize?", Yoongi repeated confused.
"I wouldn't mind teaching you a little", Taehyung said and hold the violin to Yoongi, who frowned.
"I don't need your guidance", Yoongi replied with a pissed voice. Then he grabbed his violin, put it into the case and quickly left Jungkook's apartment. The young boy was still hugging Taehyung's leg, who tried to push him away.
Taehyung and Jungkook walked over into the older one's apartment, where Taehyung wanted to show Jungkook how the piece should really sound. But Taehyung insisted on Jungkook to wash his face first, because the young boy looked like a clown from a horror movie. Jungkook was sitting on the ground next to Taehyung's music box, while the older one was sitting on the piano's seat next to him. "You guys... if you don't know the piece, at least listen to the CD", Taehyung said calmly.
"Huh, sounds so nice", Jungkook sang along to the music they were listening to, "It's totally different from what we were playing."
"This is 'Spring'. What you were playing was 'Rainy Season'."
"But Yoongi hyung said it felt so right."

On the next day Jungkook and Yoongi met for practicing at school. It was a sunny day again, so that Jungkook was wearing thin summer clothes again. Yoongi was dressed quite dark, which was unlike his because the small boy used to dress colorful. They met at the practicing room, which they usually used, but before they started Jungkook gave his friend an intensive glance, trying to look serious, then the younger one suddenly started talking with a serious voice. "It's 'self-satisfying' and also you don't understand ensemble. Plus you are not listening to the sound of the piano. Plus you're just driving fast to feel good! Don't pay too much attention to techniques also. That's all! Four in all! Advice from Kookie." The boy smiled.
Yoongi let fall down his bow and fell on his knees. "It's Taehyung, right?", he asked, hitting his fist on the chair next to him and Jungkook looked confused to his friend, "He's looking down on me. That's why I hate classical music! Be in rhythm, be in pitch. Play the score accurately with good technique... Technique! However hard I try to express my own music, one mistake does me in! On top of that, a joker like Taehyung will suddenly appear. Extinguishing my enthusiasm!"
Jungkook picked up the bow from the ground and titled his head. "A joker? Taehyung seonbae?"
Then Yoongi quickly jumped up again, which gave the other one a short fright. "Yeah! He's from the piano division, but he's excellent with the violin. That's not fair!", Yoongi talked and kicked the ground like a little child.
"Well, Taehyung seonbae is a genius", Jungkook said and handed his friend his bow again.
"Don't just dismiss me like that. I'm a crappy player. I have no talent!"
Jungkook smiled and shook his head. "Hyung, Taehyung seonbae never said a word about you being a bad player. He said your expression is interesting. You're not good with ensembles, but good with solos. He also said that people like you, once something clicks inside they make sudden progress. That's what he said!", Jungkook explained and Yoongi couldn’t believe what he was hearing, "So, let's practice together now! This piece is a very pleasant one. The image is of a field of flowers."
"Give me a break. It is rude to have such a childish image."
"So, what image should it be?"
The joy and lightning of shining youth...", Yoongi said and looked at Jungkook, who made a grimace, "Perhaps?" They weren't sure about the image yet but they started practicing. Yoongi's exam was on the next day, so they had to hurry, there wasn't much time left anymore.

Another night passed and it was the day of Yoongi's exam, when he would finally pass it, he could completely concentrate on studying his dancing. Taehyung was getting ready to leave his apartment to go to the academy. Since it was late summer the days became slowly colder, so Taehyung prepared himself with a thin, classical looking sweater. When he stepped outside his door, he saw Jungkook, who laid on the ground on the hallway. "Jungkook", he said but the younger one didn't move an inch and Taehyung quickly locked his door, before he walked over to the other one, "What the heck are you doing?" Still Jungkook didn't show any reaction. "Hey!", Taehyung's voice became louder and he picked up the younger one, who felt warm and was sweating although he was just wearing thin clothes again, "Hey! Today you're an accompanist, aren't you?" Jungkook grumbled and shook his head. Taehyung sighed and laid his hand on the younger one's head, which felt hot. "What did you eat?", Taehyung asked quietly.
"I caught a cold", the younger one said weakly.
"That's right... you wear such thin clothes all the time. Autumn starts now! Dress warmly, kid!"
"I wanted to compete in iness and look good for you."
Taehyung sighed again and picked up Jungkook, carrying him with piggyback style to the academy, where Yoongi was already waiting for the younger one, because his exam was soon. "What?! Kookie caught a cold?"
"Anyway, I brought him here", Taehyung said, who was holding Jungkook bridal style when he was standing in front of the other student and handed the younger one towards Yoongi.
"Huh? What do I do with this dying caterpillar thing?"
"How would I know? Be grateful that I brought him here!"
Yoongi didn't know what to say but then he noticed that Jungkook tried to catch his attention. Yoongi slowly moved his head down, so that the younger one could whisper something into his ear. "Oh, I see", Yoongi mumbled and turned back to Taehyung, "He said if the prince kisses him, he will recover." Jungkook looked at Taehyung and pursed his lips, but the other one just turned away.
"Alright, I give up", Taehyung suddenly said and Yoongi looked confused to the other one, "I will play the piano for you."
"Without practice?", Yoongi asked surprised and Jungkook looks sadly down, when he realized that he won't get a kiss from Taehyung. His second try to get a kiss and once again he failed, but he won't give up on it. Sooner or later he was sure he would get the kiss he was longing for.