Lesson Twentyfour

Interludium

It was a warm, sunny autumn day when the first rehearsal of the new dance crew started. They only had to practice the piece Taehyung had chosen on the welcoming party, since they had no other performance piece yet. The one they were performing at first was not for all members, so Namjoon and a girl sat at the edge of the room, watching the other members warming up their muscles. Although the members were talking to each other, causing mumbles there was still quite a silence filling the room especially when Taehyung entered the room. He came a bit late, because he still needed to prepare the music and notes for everyone. Taehyung walked in front go the group as Seokjin caught his attention. "Taehyung-ah, I want to liven it up a bit here and then from here dance it a little softer", Jin talked while pointing on his notes to show his choreographer what he was talking about, while the other members where stretching their bodies.
"Oh really?", Taehyung asked curiously and rolled up his sleeves, "If we do that, it'll be hard to vary the second theme."
"Shall I make it crisper then?", Seokjin asked in return. He also wanted to make a good show and get along well with Taehyung, who nodded to him.
"Yes, please", Taehyung said and gave Jin a short smile, before he stepped in front of the others, "Alright, let's start from the beginning!" The members agreed with a shout and Taehyung looked through the group until he noticed something wrong. "Hey, wait a minute!", he talked and pointed at Yoongi and Hoseok, "Why are you two on your positions?"
"Huh? Why?", Yoongi asked and acted like he didn't know what Taehyung was talking about."
"I told you so!", Hoseok whined.
"This piece is only for 25 dancers", Taehyung explained, "So you guys have no part to dance."
Yoongi stepped down from his spot, walking to Namjoon and the girl, who had no part in this choreography also. "Damn it! He caught us", Yoongi spoke, still acting innocent and caused the other members to laugh at him and Hoseok, who just pouted. "Why did you pick such a piece?", Yoongi mumbled annoyed.
"How silly, you two!", Namjoon talked encouragingly, "I am not used either. Bear with it!"
So the rehearsal started and with the starting music the crew started their dance. Taehyung was watching everyone closely, giving hand signs when he saw something and Seokjin was standing close to Taehyung, waiting for his part to start. When Jin started to dance, Taehyung watched him carefully. The choreographer had the ability to notice everything, but he couldn't see anything wrong at Jin's dance. 
"He has superb technique, moving in details and in a delicate, powerful and unshakable spirit", Taehyung thought while watching Seokjin. But while looking at him, he never forgot to check out on the other members. "But... how can I say it... As expected, everyone's excellent and quick to catch on. This crew is good."
"He's like a samurai", Namjoon whispered to himself while watching Seokjin's moves.

When their rehearsal had ended most of the members gathered in the room in front of the practice room. Most of them wanted to share their thoughts about the first rehearsal. Seokjin was sitting with Jihwan and Wonjoon, the two guys he came together with, while Yoongi and Hoseok used to sit next to Namjoon. Yoongi had his head buried between his legs. He wanted to dance too, but all he did in this rehearsal was watching the others.
"Taehyung-ssi is really good as expected", Seokjin said when other students, he knew from competitions, were gathering around him.
"Kim Taehyung... I was wondering how he would be, but his instructions are right on target and he has a good understanding of the performance piece", Jihwan talked, "He must be studying a lot. Just when we'd expect from Kwon Jiyong's pupil!"
"Skillful...", Yoongi mumbled and looked up, catching Namjoon's and Hoseok's attention, who looked confused at him, "They are all more skillful than me. Extremely skillful."
"Of course", Namjoon replied, "They regularly enter competitions, you know! Well, as for me I'm not competing right now, because I'm aiming for a professional dance crew."
"But I was chosen as S-Group's crew leader and I also got into A-Group", Yoongi answered, talking quickly and Namjoon gave his friend a confident smile, patting Yoongi's shoulder to give him some more courage and patience.
"If you have time to complain, why don't you practice?", Jimin said, when he passed Yoongi, "Be a man and stop acting like a woman!" Then Jimin walked ahead and left Yoongi behind, who wasn't sure if he heard it right and Namjoon just tried hard to hold back his laugher.

Some of the members went to the Chinese restaurant of Yoongi's father. Also Taehyung was sitting there and Yoongi wandered around the choreographer the whole time. "Hey, Taehyung! Decide on the next piece quickly", Yoongi suddenly said, giving Taehyung a little fright, "Of course, a piece I can participate in!"
"Huh? What are you even talking about?", Taehyung asked confused and took a sip of his coffee.
"He wants to practice it in advance and knock everyone's socks off", Namjoon explained and chuckled.
"Of course! This clown's practice doesn't matter", Wonjoon mentioned while he was calculating something crazily on the papers in front of him, "If you don't decide quickly, our publicity will be delayed.
"Clown? Huh?!", Yoongi got angry and wanted to slap the new member but Namjoon was able to hold his friend back from doing something he might regret afterwards.
"Publicity? We don't even have a hall yet", Taehyung said confused.
Suddenly the door opened and Jinah entered the room, walking straight to Wonjoon. "Wonjoon-ssi, I think we can reserve Seoul City Music Hall!"
"Really?", Wonjoon pushed his glasses back on his nose when his jaw dropped in surprise, "That's great!"
"Jinah...", Taehyung spoke and sat up from his seat.
"Ah, hello. You know I have a bit of influence over that hall", she explained.
"When it comes to these matters, you seem to be um... unfamiliar or clueless or nuts for music?", Wonjoon talked, causing Taehyung's expression to darken, "That's why I'm in charge of administrative matters." Suddenly Wonjoon jumped up from his place, scaring everyone shortly. "WAIT A MINUTE!", the boy shouted, "Seoul City Music Hall?! How many does it accommodate?"
"A nameless dance crew in Seoul City Music Hall?", Namjoon mentioned surprised.
"However hard we advertise, we can't possibly fill..."
"How about we ask the music newspaper, who wrote over Kwon Jiyong and Taehyung the last time, they seemed to be much into them? I'm sure they will help us", Yoongi added, "Besides that it’s a quite popular newspaper and many people read it."
"But we still need a name! We can't advertise ourselves without a name", Namjoon said.
"I have one!", Yoongi's father suddenly came up, jumping out of his kitchen and opened a confetti ball.
"What... what's that?!", Taehyung asked surprised.
"Rising Star?", the group of people said together.
"R.S-Group, in short. Isn’t a good name?", Yoongi wanted to know everyone's opinion, "My dad and I spent a whole night coming up with it! Cherish it, okay?"
"Why did you and your dad have to do it? How embarrassing?", Wonjoon whined.
"Well I have to go and decide on another piece to dance", Taehyung said and took his bag.
Taehyung was about to leave the restaurant as Yoongi's father quickly followed him and hold him back. "Ah, Taehyung-ssi. Here, this is a stamina set menu", the old man explained and handed the student a delivery box, "Please give it to Kookie."
"Thank you", Taehyung smiled. On his way to his house, he remembered that he still didn't see Jungkook for quite a while already but he was so busy with the new crew, that he didn't know what the younger one was doing. He rushed home and prepared the food from the take-out box on plates and warmed it up again, before he knocked on Jungkook's door, inviting him over for dinner.
"You're going to choreograph such a nice piece?", Jungkook asked, while eating after Taehyung had told him about what had happened the last days to him and the younger one laughed.
"What's so funny?", Taehyung wanted to know, looking at Jungkook, who was munching on his food happily. 
"Because the piece is pink!"
"Huh? What does that mean?"
"That's the image I have of it", Jungkook explained and smiled brightly.
Taehyung just shook his head and brought his plate back into the kitchen. "If you're done eating, go home!", the older one said, "I still have to study!" But Jungkook just hugged Taehyung's leg, begging him to give him more rice, so Taehyung sat back down and gave the younger one what he wanted. "What was that about Jungkook becoming a ghost?", Taehyung thought and looked at the boy, "As usual, he talks a lot and eats a lot, so I worried about him for nothing?" Still Taehyung couldn't help but smile when he witnessed Jungkook eating his food. "So...", Taehyung talked to the younger one again, "How's your study going?"
"Eh?"
"Your piano practice!"
"Actually, I...", Jungkook mumbled, trying to avoid Taehyung's glance.
"I won't be able to help you for a while. So, when it comes to practice you're on your own."
"Oh, yeah", Jungkook's mood suddenly changed again and looked back at the older one, "I will deliver food to your dance crew next time! Would you like honey dipped lemons again?"
"Never make those things again or do you want to kill me? And don't come over!"
"Eh, why?", Jungkook pouted.
"Just don't come! This crew is serious. Besides, for me it's the only thing I can do in Korea", Taehyung explained.
"Huh?"
"Anyway, since we managed to gather good members, I don't want any improper behavior occurring", Taehyung talked. He knew he sounded harsh to the younger one, although Jungkook just wanted to take care of Taehyung, like the older one took care of him.

The next day Taehyung was busy with the rehearsal again. The practice was going well and Taehyung just had small instructions to give some members after he had ordered a ten minutes break for everyone. He walked over to Seokjin, who was taking a sip of his water. "Seokjin-ah, wait a moment", Taehyung said and took Jin's notes to give him a little instruction, "Here..."
"Seonbae!", a really familiar voice caught Taehyung's attention and the older one looked ahead. He saw Jungkook, who entered the room. The younger one was wearing really weird clothes, which made him look like an old Korean lady. "I've brought you kimchi soup and rice balls!", Jungkook talked while walking in, bowing to the members who were looking at him curiously, "Excuse me... please help yourselves to these..."
"What? Ju-ju-Jungkook?", Namjoon babbled surprised, but before he could talk to the young boy, Taehyung came over already and grabbed Jungkook on his collar, dragging the boy out of the room with him. "What's wrong?", Jungkook asked when they reached the area before the room.
Taehyung trapped Jungkook on a wall on the opposite of the entrance to the rehearsal room. "Hey! I told you not to come!"
"But I just brought food. I'll leave immediately", Jungkook mumbled and turned to the door, because he wanted to get back into the practice room, "Ah, let me greet the members." When Jungkook wanted to leave again, Taehyung suddenly stemmed his hand against the wall, pinning Jungkook there.
"Wait a minute!", Taehyung said, looking at Jungkook with a curious glance and Jungkook slowly turned back to the older one, "What do you have to greet them?"
Jungkook smiled shyly. "Because I'm your h...hubby."
Taehyung let go of Jungkook again, who still stood close to the wall, smiling at the older one. "Don't you have a lesson today?", Taehyung asked.
"Um...", Jungkook felt caught, looking nervously around, "Dong Yongbae seonsaengnim caught a cold, so..."
"Oh, then I'll call him to see how he is", Taehyung said and pulled his phone out of his pocket.
"Aaa... ahhh no! Today Dong seonsaengnim... went with his family... to Mexico...", Jungkook babbled and Taehyung frowned.
"Something's wrong, after all. Even if you're always strange, you never skipped lessons", Taehyung spoke and pushed his hand against the wall again, giving the younger one a fright and Jungkook's eyes grew round, "Hey what are you hiding?" Jungkook tried to escape at the other side of the wall but Taehyung quickly leaned his other hand there, so the younger one was trapped between Taehyung's arms. Jungkook pressed himself against the wall behind him, holding the box with the food closer to himself, while Taehyung leaned slowly closer to Jungkook. Taehyung looked straight into Jungkook's eyes and the younger one gulped nervously. Jungkook pressed his eyes tightly together, unable to move. He liked Taehyung so much, he wanted to be with him so much but still he was really nervous when Taehyung got so close to him. It would be their second kiss, so Jungkook wanted it but still he was afraid. The young man held his breath, waiting for Taehyung to lay his lips on Jungkook's. The moment before the kiss felt like the tensest thing Jungkook had ever experienced. In his stomach it felt like millions of little butterflies were flying around crazily and his heart was beating so fast, that Jungkook thought it would jump out of his chest. He could feel Taehyung's warm breath on his lips already. Now it was time. Their second kiss would finally happen. 
"Taehyung-ssi about the place we talked about...", Seokjin talked and stopped when he looked at Taehyung, who was about to kiss Jungkook, "Oh... sorry." Jin started to wave his hands nervously around. "If you're in the middle of something, I'll..."
Jungkook's eyes had grown big and round and his face became as red as a tomato. "Ahh, not at all!", Jungkook shouted and pushed Taehyung a bit away, running over to the other man. Jungkook felt caught and embarrassed. He was still too shy to let anyone see how close they really were. "We're not in the middle of anything!", Jungkook said and gave Taehyung a short look, who just sighed and turned away, "Um, you're from Taehyung seonbae's dance crew, right?"
"Yes", Seokjin nodded, looking uncertainly from Taehyung to the young boy, who stood in front of him.
"I brought some food here. Please have some", Jungkook talked and handed the other one the box with the food, "Rice balls and kimchi soup. Do your best at practice. It you will excuse me now." Jungkook bowed and walked off. When he passed Taehyung he tried to hide his red and embarrassed face, but still gave the older one a short look.
"That boy... I'll make him tell me later", Taehyung spoke loudly to himself, while looking after Jungkook.
"Taehyung-ssi... Is that boy...", Seokjin mumbled and stepped next to his choreographer, "... your boyfriend?"
"Eh..." Taehyung didn't know how he should answer this question. He liked Jungkook more than an underclassman, just now he wanted to kiss him so badly but they weren't a couple, so it would be a lie if he would tell Jin, that Jungkook was his boyfriend. "Ehm... no... He’s from the piano division."
"What's his name?"
"Jeon Jungkook."
"Jeon... Jung...Kookie", Seokjin whispered to himself and kept looking into the direction Jungkook had left, although the younger one wasn't around anymore. Then he looked down on the food box smiling and Taehyung felt like Seokjin became his rival in love matter from one second to another.