Lesson Six

Interludium

On the next morning Jungkook still felt sad and disappointed about Taehyung and his girlfriend. He had eaten the whole food in the take-out box, which he had bought for his seonbae, because he felt so bad. Jungkook's little heart was broken, so he felt hopeless and helpless. In blue shorts and simple baseball shirt Jungkook was laying on a bench at the areaway of the academy. His arm dangled down the bench, holding his backbag in his hand, which laid on the ground.
"Hey, Kookie!", Yoongi shouted when he saw the younger one from afar already. Yoongi himself was dressed colourful like always. He quickly walked over to the boy, who stared into space and sighed loudly. "Hey, let's practice", Yoongi said when he stopped in front of Jungkook, who just sighed again. He titled his head when he looked at Jungkook and crouched down to look at his friend's face. "Hey, Kookie. What's wrong?", he asked and poked Jungkook's arm because he looked lifeless and Yoongi wanted to check if his friend was still alive, "Yah, where is your soul? Your spirit?"
"Love...", Jungkook aspirated sadly, "It's an illusion."
Yoongi covered his mouth surprised. "Broken heart? Why at a time like this? Come on, get ahold of yourself. My exam is next week and I need you", Yoongi talked and shook the younger one, who just sighed once more, "Damn it! Who is it? I will help you get her... or him!" Yoongi grabbed his friend tightly on his arm and pulled him down from the bench, but Jungkook didn't stand up, so that Yoongi was pulling the boy over the ground. "My future is on the line. I won't let a broken heart take me down", Yoongi talked to himself while pulling he friend with him.
They reached one of the academy's courtyards, where Yoongi hid behind a coppice and peaked to the people who sat on the table some metres away. Jungkook stood behind a tree next to his friend and pouted. "Which one?", Yoongi asked and took small spyglass out of his backbag. He aimed the binoculars at the people, looking around curiously.
"The one who shines the most among them...", Jungkook said sadly.
Yoongi gave his friend a weird glance. "That's too vague for me to understand. Be more specific."
"Middle brown hair... white shirt..." Yoongi repeated Jungkook's words and looked at every man, who was sitting at the courtyard. "He just took a sip of tea", Jungkook added and Yoongie found someone with brown hair, white shirt, who was drinking tea.
"Wow you have a bad taste. Who the heck still wears those geeky pants?", Yoongi laughed and looked at the younger one, who just pouted and took the other one's spyglass.
"What do you mean? Seonbae never wears geeky pants.", Jungkook whine and used the spyglass to check what Yoongi was talking about, "Oh, not that one... this one." Jungkook aimed the binoculars onto Taehyung, who had his eyes closed and his head in his neck, enjoying the warm sun beams of late summer.
"What?! Kim Taehyung?!", Yoongi was surprised and gave his friend a loot, "Why do you like such a guy?" Then he used his spyglass to check on the peron, who was sitting with Taehyung. "So that's your rival?", he wanted to know and Jungkook nodded. Yoongi put his spyglasses back into his backbag and turned to Jungkook. "You're defeated! Do you even know who this is? That's Im Jinah, beautiful and intelligent... The Madonna of the vocal division. With such a nice girlfriend, the cahnces that Taehyung will pick you are close to zero. So that's that. Give it up and let's practice, okay?"
Yoongi grabbed Jungkook's arm, he tried to drag the younger one with him but pulled his arm back. "Practice? What's the point of practicing? I am going to die anyway", Jungkook mumbled.
"Huh? You can't possibly die from a broken heart", Yoongi laughed, but his smile quickly vanished when he saw Jungkook's serious face. Jungkook pulled a small piece of paper out of his back and handed it to Yoongie, who took it confused. He unfolded it, when Jungkook told him that this letter was in his mailbox this morning. "What?", Yoongi looked over the letter and read it out loud, "If you don't pass this letter on to 100 people within two days, you're going to die!" Then Yoongi looked at the end of the letter where a skull was drawn and laughed. "Bad luck letter? In this day in age? How immature! The sender must be an idiot!" Yoongi scrunched the paper up and threw it behind him, in that moment the two men got watered with a lot cold water. They were soaked to the bones and exchanged looks, then Yoongi got hit by a bucket.
Jungkook and Yoongi went to the Chinese restaurant, where Jungkook got a towel to dry himself up a bit, while Yoongi quickly changed. Jungkook was sure that the letter was serious so he had to copy it quickly, because time was running. He begged every single costumer in the restaurant to help him copy it. Yoongi's father even stopped cooking, because he was busy writing the letter over and over again on some of Jungkook's children's papers.
"Yah!", Yoongi stopped him, "Instead of doing that, can you think of anyone bearing a grudge against you?"
"Could it be because I ate Kyeongah's lunch? Or could it be becaue I stole some food from the dining call? Or could it be because at the nearby fish shop I", Jungkook talked to himself but Yoongi interupted his friend.
"Are you a cat or what?"

In the next days it always happened something to scare or irritate Jungkook. At the night someone threw simple fireworks into his direction, which gave him a huge fright, so that the boy thought a ghost what following him. The other day a bulk of kids surrounded him and splashed water on him by using water pistols. He slipped on a banana peel and when he entered the classroom a sponge, which was full of chalk, fall onto his head. It hit him hard and his bangs and face were halfly covered with white chalk. Jungkook rubbed his head and pouted. He didn't know who had a grudge on him, neither he knew how to stop being bullied.
"This is really a classic type of harassment", Jihye said when she entered the classroom shortly after Jungkook. The girl picked a paper which was sticked to Jungkook's back without him noticing anything. "It's amazing that it's in such a short range."
"I don't know who is oing this, but you deserve it", Kyeongah spoke and slapped Jungkook's shoulder playfully. "Don't eat someone else's lunch anymore, okay?", she added but Jungkook didn't listen and walked over to Kyeongah's place, where she had her lunch box.
"I can't promise that", Jungkook said and opened his friend's lunch box, but it was empty already. Inside was a small piece of paper and the words it was delicious were written on it and in a corner a small skull was drawn again. "Unforgiveable! You are dead!", Jungkook frowned and ripped the paper into pieces, then he jumped up and ran out of the room again.
"He morphs when it comes to food...", Jihye talked and looked after the boy.

Jungkook laid on a bench, he was sleeping, when someone sneaked over to him. The person crouched down in front of the boy and pulled out a waterproofed pen, which the man used to draw some weird eyes on Jungkook's closed eyes. A short giggling was hearable and the man stood up again, he turned around and wanted to leave, but Yoongi, who had observed everything, appeared and captured the man.
"I got you, bastard", Yoongi shouted and grabbed the man from behind. They were struggling around, which was hard for Yoongi because his opponent was much taller than him. "Surrender and take off your wig!", the boy shouted and tried to pull on the other man's white blond and up-styled hair.
"Ouch! Ouch! It's real hair, real hair! Get off me!", the man shouted and pushed Yoongi aside.
"You are Kim Namjoon, the academy's fashionista", Yoongi said surprised.
"Why did you play tricks on me?", Jungkook asked with a loud voice and Namjoon had trouble not to laugh at him, because whenever Jungkook closed his eyes or blinked, the drawn eyes were visible, which looked really funny.
"Are you trying to ruin my practice?", Yoongi shouted.
"YAH! Don't yell together! It hurts my head!", Namjoon shouted back with his deep voice, then he gave Jungkook a serious glance, "Anyway... you! Jeon Jungkook! Don't come near Taehyungie!"
"Oh, I see...", Yoongi sighed and turned away. 
Jungkook followed his friend confused. "What does that mean?"
"Taehyungie is my prince", Namjoon dreamed off and talked to himself, "Just looking at him afar gives me the courage and hope to live. He's the sun!" Then he suddenly faced Jungkook again. "Do you have any problem with it? This being the case, Jeon Jungkook... Have a duel with me!"
"Okay, I got it! I accept!"
"Don't you guys think you're fighting the wrong person?", Yoongi asked, trying to calm the two men down, "Your enemy is Im Jinah, right? If you want to guel, do it the normal way. Hm... How about the first one to secure a date with Taehyung wins?"
"With Taehyungie?", Namjoon squealed happily.
"A date?!", Jungkook asked and smiled.
So their duel started and the one who got a date with Taehyung at first, would be the winner of their duel.

At the same time Taehyung was hanging out in a bar with Jinah. Taehyung looked bored and didn't pay attention to the girl, who was clinging to him. Jinah had some drinks and was hugging his arm tightly. "Say, Taehyung... You're going to keep me company until morning again, aren't you?", she lightly slurred her speech.
"Gimme a break", he said and took a sip of his drink, while Jinah was leaning on his shoulder, "If you need someone to listen to you, ask your boyfriend."
"Boyfriend?"
"You have a boyfriend, right? That ham guy from the choreographer division."
"Kang Daesung-ssi?", she asked confused and laughed afterwards, "Come on... He's not my boyfriend. Did you look at him? Besides, he's in England by now."
Taehyung shortly thought about it, then he turned away and stood up. "I'm leaving."
"No! Don't!", Jinah babbled and grabbed Taehyung's wrist, pulling him back.
Taehyung sat back next to her again, but he never gave her a look. "I want to study choreographing. For now, I have to continue studying it by myself."
"However hard you study, if you can't study abroad, it's useless. Didn't you say so?"
"It's not that I can't study abroad, it's just that I can't get on a plane!", Taehyung said and took another sip of his drink, then he stood up again and wanted to leave but once more Jinah grabbed him, hugging his arm tightly.
"Hey", she talked lovely and looked directly into Taehyung's eyes, who finally looked back to her, "Shall we get back together again?" She waited for an answer but Taehyung didn't say anything. She leaned on his shoulder again and smiled. "We're alike, aren't we? The two of us right now."
"Right", Taehyung agreed and nodded, "I also hate losers!" Then Taehyung stood up, took his bag and left the bar, leaving Jinah behind, who looked confused after her ex-boyfriend. Taehyung quickly went home. He was walking down the hallway and always reached his apartment as suddenly the door of Jungkook's room opened.
"Seonbae! Shall we go somewhere on the next day off?", Jungkook immediately asked when he stormed towards the older one.
"Huh? Why should ?"
Jungkook was clinging onto Taehyung, who tried to reach his apartment. "I want to treat you as a sign of my gratitude. So, on the next day off..." Taehyung rolled his eyes and agreed to get rid off the clingy boy. Taehyung quickly rushed into his apartment and Jungkook was happily jumping up and down.

On the next morning Namjoon was looking for Yoongi, who became something like the referee of the duel between Namjoon and Jungkook. The taller man wanted to show Yoongi what he had prepared for Taehyung. Namjoon had bought two tickets for a classical concert, which he wanted to invite Taehyung to.
"Oh! Tickets for the Czech Philharmonic Orchestra", Yoongi talked surpised and his eyes grew round, when he saw how expensive the tickets were, "And you want to invite Taehyung to go with you?"
When Namjoon was hearing the idea by someone else, he lost his courage. "But what if he says no? I'll die, I'll die, I'll die, I'll die... I will end up dying!"
"Yah, could it be that you've never talked with Taehyung?", Yoongi asked surprised.
Namjoon walked over to Yoongi again and folded his hands, ready to beg to other one for his help. "Yoonie!!! Please, invite him on my behalf", Namjoon spoke and then got down on his knees, begging the other one, "I beg you!"
"N...no way! I won't stoop down to him a favor", Yoongi asked and put the two tickets into Namjoon's hair, which was up-styled like always so that the tickets kept sticking between them.
"Oh no!", Namjoon whined. He didn't notice how his friend Jimin had observed everything from afar. He came over and wanted to know what was going on. Jimin knew that Namjoon was adoring Taehyung for years already but he also knew that his friend had never ever talked to Taehyung yet, but he wanted to help Namjoon since he was his friend.
Taehyung was walking down an alley on the campus, when Jimin saw him. "Taehyung-ah", he shouted and catched Taehyung's attention. Jimin was carrying some books and walked quickly over to the other one, who had stopped and turned around to Jimin. "It's been a long time", Jimin said friendly and smiled.
"You're Park Jimin of the dancing division", Taehyung spoke, "If I'm not mistaken, you were studying abroad."
"Yes. I returned from New York this summer."
"I see. How was it over there?", Taehyung asked, but he actually didn't even want to know about it.
"A nice place. I had a chance to participate in their student dance crew. I learned a lot from it. You should also go there sometime", Jimin talked and Taehyung nodded, but suddenly JImin felt a piercingly glance. He saw Namjoon, who was observing them from afar and gave Jimin a deep glance and showed his friend to hurry. "Oh... yeah... Right now, I'm the crew leader of A-group. Won't you come and see us dance?"
"A-Group? I've never seen it yet."

In the biggest studio the academy had the A-Group was warming up. All of them were stretching their legs and arms, wearing sweatpants and simple shirts. The group members were the best of all dance divisions the academy had and they were preparing their performance for the upcoming school festival. The room was filled with babbling of the people who talked to each other and the squeaking noises of the shoes slurping over the ground. Suddenly Namjoon entered the room and everyone looked at him and so did Jimin. He saw his friend, who was wearing a suit like outfit, like they once did for a performance. The group members started laughing at Namjoon, who started to warm up his body.
"What's with you?", one girl asked, "Namjoonie? Why are you wearing that outfit? Tonight is no show."
"Be quiet. Got a problem with it? I'm staking my life on this practice! All of you, don't you dare goof up, okay?"
"Why? This is just practice", another boy mentioned.
"Because...", Namjoon wanted to explain but then he heard a door opening and saw Taehyung entering the room, who took place at one of the audience seats and Namjoon became nervous. Quickly after their choreographer entered the room and introduced them to their first choreo, which they were practicing for the beginning. Namjoon saw Jimin, who nodded and gave his friend a confident smile, while everyone took his postion and was ready to start. "Please watch me, Taehyungie", Namjoon whispered to himself, "I, Kim Namjoon, will convey my strong feelings for you via my dancing."
The music started quietly and sowly increased. The first members started dancing their parts and Namjoon was waiting for his part too start also. His mind was spinning around and thought off Taehyung, causing him to get more nervous. The music increased and Namjoon counted the seconds for his part to start. There it was and Namjoon started dancing but his moves became more flashy with every step he did. "Please be my friend!", he thought while dancing and didn't notice that he was totally doing wrong.
Taehyung's eyes grew big when he saw the blonde man at the back of the group, who quickly lost the synch to the other members. Then suddenly the boy jumped highly although nobody else was jumping and Taehyung was sure that this wasn't part of the choreography at all.
"Stop! Stop", the choreographer yelled and stopped the music, then he looked at Namjoon, who looked confused around when he noticed that everyone was staring at him, "Kim Namjoon! Get out!" Jimin sighed quietly. He already thought that this might happen, but he hoped that Namjoon could hold it back.
Taehyung smirked arrogantly and stood up from his place, walking over to the door again. "The worst idiot", he said, making sure that everyone in the room could hear him. Then he left the room and Taehyung's words repeated over and over again in Namjoon's mind, that he felt so down, that he couldn't leave the room by himself. "Had I listened with my eyes closed, it would have been great", Taehyung thought when he was outside the room, "A dance crew is really nice after a all. Again, I'm just watching from afar." 
Taehyung finished his appointments at the academy before he walked home. The whole way he was in thoughts, thinking about several things. When he reached his apartment complex, he quickly walked upstairs. Taehyung just wanted to get home, but when he walked down the hallway to his aparment suddenly Jungkook's door opened. The younger one walked towards him, holding a newspaper in his hands. "Seonbae, which restaurant will be good for our date?"
"What is a 'date'?"
"Huh? You don't know?", Jungkook titled his head, "A date is where two people in love go out together. In other words, the two of us going out for a meal." Jungkook hugged Taehyung's words and was clinging onto the older one.
"No!", Taehyung shouted and pulled his arm out of Jungkook's grip, so that Jungkook's newspaper with several restaurants inside fall on the ground.
"But you promised me last time", the younger one pouted.
"I'm not in the mood. Leave me alone!", Taehyung said and pushed Jungkook aside, so that he was able to walk over to his apartment, which he quickly entered, leaving the younger one behind. Jungkook sulked and his eyes became teary. He really believed that Taehyung would go out with him and so he would have won the duel also, but Jungkook got excited about it too early.