Lesson Five

Interludium

The students gathered around the blackboard, where the list of members who were chosen for Kwon Jiyong's specially organized dance crew. The students babbled and once a while a happy yelp was hearable when a student saw their name was written on the list. The list showed not only the names, but also from which division they are joining the team. "It can't be! Really? Kwon Jiyong?!" - "I'm selected." - "Me too." - "How wonderful to be in a dance group with Kwon Jiyong."
"What's the selection criteria?", one student asked loudly, while a small group of other people was happily pleased about being selected for the special crew, "Aren't they all under-achievers?"
"Hey what's that at the end?", another student talked and the people looked at the end of the list. There stood that a boy named Jeon Jungkook from piano division was selected as mascot boy.
As soon as Jungkook saw his name on the list he looked around the academy to find Kwon Jiyong. When he saw him sitting on a bench reading a newspaper, the boy started to run to him. "Milchie~", he shouted while running to the man, who looked up and smiled.
"Oh! Kookie", Jiyong said and stood up. The two of them hugged each other like they were friends for years already.
"Why can't I be the pianist?", Jungkook whined and looked at Jiyong like a little child, who lost his puppy.
"A pianist can't join a dance crew", the man talked, "However, being my mascot, you can stay near me all the time."
"But Kookie wants to play the piano!", Jungkook said but suddenly he heard a familiar voice. He saw his teacher and Taehyung, who stood near the register building. They were talking about Taehyung, who wanted to change divisions and just had handed Yongbae his application letter.
"You really want to change divisions? But its already autumn of your fourth year", Yongbae spoke and Jungkook slowly sneaked over to them.
"Actually, I've been considering this for a long time and finally made up my mind. Today, I intend to submit this", Taehyung explained and pointed at the division change request letter.
"I see. You've been wanting to be a choreographer for a while. Through for me, it's been fun to watch your progress in piano", the teacher accepted his student's request with a smile.
"Yongbae seonsaengnim, thank you", Taehyung said.
Suddenly Jungkook jumped between them. "No, don't do it!", he screamed and ran towards Taehyung, "Seonbae, don't change divisions!" At the moment Jungkook was about to jump onto Taehyung, the older one took one step aside, so that Jungkook was flying along next to Taehyung until he hit the ground. Jungkook rubbed his nose after hitting it and looked up to Taehyung. "If you change divisions you can't play the piano with Kookie anymore", the younger one whined and stood up.
"We can play together anytime!"
"We won't be friends in the same division anymore", Jungkook babbled and leaned his cheek on Taehyung's shoulder, who stood like a pillar without moving an inch or paying attention to the younger one.
"I don't get what you mean", Taehyung talked and tried to avoid the boy as suddenly Jiyong appeared next to them and ripped Taehyung's application letter out of Yongbae's hands. The man teared the letter into small pieces, before he let them trickling down on the ground.
"I won't allow your transfer to the choreographer division", Jiyong said.
"Why?", Taehyung asked surprised.
The guest instructor pointed at Taehyung, while Jungkook had crouched down to pick up every piece of the ripped letter. "I don't like you, that's why! You irritate me!", the man spoke and Taehyung wanted to talk back but Jiyong stopped him immediately, "Shut up!"
"Is it acceptable for a professor to reject an aspiring student based on a personal opinion?", Taehyung wanted to know.
"Naturally!", Jiyong said and stepped closer to the student, "I am a choreography professor. I am THE rule here! I can even change  a high-class Gangnam club into a low-class pub." Jiyong passed Taehyung, who looked confused and then walked inside the building.
"What?"
Jungkook stepped next to Taehyung again and hugged his arm. "That being the case seonbae. Give up moving to the choreographer division!"
From afar Namjoon were observing the scene and his expression darkened, when he saw how Jungkook was hugging Taehyung's arm tightly. He chuntered to himself, clenching his teeth so that he produced a restrained scream. "Trying to attract my Taehyungie, eh?", Namjoon talked to himself, "Jeon Jungkook! You're at the top of my murder list! You grabbed his arm! You grabbed his arm! You grabbed his arm! I curse you..."

Yoongi was in his practice room, he was practicing his hip hop dancing skills, although he should have practiced for his exam, which he had soon. But the boy saw himself often was some rebel, who was always against everything the other people liked or wanted him to do. "I like hip hop, after all!", he said when he has finished, then he turned to his band members, who used to practice with him but they got lazy and just sat around, "Hey, what song shall we dance for the school festival?"
"Yah, Yoongi don't you have to go to the S-Group?", one of his fellow students asked him.
"Eh? No need! Heck with Kwon Jiyong."
"Hey, isn't you repeat exam next week?", the other one asked, "And you have to mess with your dancing?"
"What if you had to repeat the year over again? After I got that Taehyung to be the pianist to accompany you", Yoongi's classmate laughed and turned to Yoongi, who frowned, "Is it true that he left you?"
"No! That was...", Yoongi babbled and remembered how Taehyung told him that he was crappy and lousy and so Taehyung was leaving, "...because he couldn't appreciate my sensibility. Isn't terhe anyone artistic, with good technique, who is flexible and gentle? And someone who can appreciate my sensibility?" Then Yoongi sighed loudly and the music again, he wanted to dance some more but suddenly the music stopped. "Who pulled out the cord?", he shouted and walked outside the room. There was a boy, laying on the ground and the music cord was wrapped around his ankle.
"Ah! There he is! Jungkook! You stole my lunch again, didn't you?", Kyeongah shouted when she found her classmate laying on the ground in a hallway. Jungkook slowly sat up and noticed the kimbab rolls which had fallen on the ground.
When the kimbab's filling fall out of the rice the boy almost started to cry. "Noooo! Just one more bite to reach the filling!"
"Hey!", Yoongi tried to catch the boy's attention, who whined over the food but then Yoongi noticed some scores which had fallen out of the other boy's bag, "Are you from the piano division?"
"Yes, I am...", Jungkook mumbled.
"Can I ask you to play the piano for my exam?"
Yoongi got pushed to the ground by one of his band members. "Hey, you can't just ask anybody!"
"Playing for your exam?", Jungkook asked confused and Yoongi nodded to him.

Namjoon was sitting on a table together with his friend Jimin from A-Group. The tall boy showed Jimin the list with the selected members for the special group, which Kwon Jiyong had formed.
"Wow, you're selected not only for the A-Group but also for the S-Group", Jimin talked surprised and chuckled, "As expected from the king of fashion and hip hop."
"This isn't a joke!", Namjoon whined around and pointed at the end of the list, "Who would want to participate with that mascot boy."
"What?"
"It was in the srping when I was 18 after coming here to Seoul with all the love for music in my heart", Namjoon spoke and dreamed off. He remembered his first day at the academy when he was caring a huge box upstairs to te room he got for practicing. The box became really heavy to Namjoon and he almost slipped down the stairs, but when he was about to fall someone hold him from behind. It was Taehyung. He told Namjoon to be careful, then he turned around and walked ahead and Namjoon looked after the boy. "For years later I have been just looking at him from afar. And despite all that... that boy! Unforgivable!!"
Jimin raised one of his eyebrow, observing his friend who sat there in his flashy clothes, biting on a cloth tissue to let out his anger against Jeon Jungkook.

Taehyung was in the practicing room, leaning over the piano. He was writing a letter. The boy was so concentrated on his letter that he didn't notice how Jungkook was entering the room also. There was actually time for their lesson, but Taehyung didn't intend to visit the lesson at all.
"Seonbae, do you know the song for the dancing exam of the fourth year students?", Jungkook talked while entering but Taehyung didn't pay attention to the other one, "Someone asked me to accompany him, but I don't know it well." Jungkook looked over to Taehyung who started to fold his letter for the envelope. "What are you writing?"
"A notice of withdrawal. If I can't change divisions, I will transfer to a better academy", Taehyung explained coldly. Jungkook quickly grabbed the letter, ripping it out of the older one's hands and scrunched it up.
"This is a very scary thing", the younger one said and threw the crumpled letter into the waste bin, but Taehyung already had taken out another piece of paper and started writing another letter. Once again Jungkook took the letter and threw it away but Taehyung started a new one again. "Oh, tonight let's enjoy ourselves. Just the two of us! Of course with Taehyung seonbae's home cooking", the boy talked but Taehyung just slapped him to stop the conversation. 
Taehyung wanted to be with himself only. When he had finished the letter, he put it in the envelope but didn't bring it to the register office yet. He kept it in his leather case, still thinking if he should follow his decision or not. "Unable to go abroad.... unable to change divisions... what should I do now?", he thought and left the school. It was time to go home for now.
On his way home Taehyung stopped at a shop, where fresh fishes were sold. He didn't know what he should cook for dinner but when he saw the shop, he got an idea. He was thinking about what he should choose. Then he saw something, which he was interested in. "Why?", he talked to himself while looking at the prize sign, "Why is it cheaper to buy two fish than one?"
"Welcome! What would you like?", the shop owner asked.
"One horse mackerel, please", Taehyung said and the shop owner nodded in agreement. When the owner walked behind his counter to get things ready for Taehyung, the boy remembered Jungkook's words about enjoying themselves.  He quickly turned around to the shop owner again. "No. Give me two, please."
When he got his two fishes packed in special paper in a plastic bag Taehyung was walking down the street. He was lucky that his apartment wasn't so far away, so that he could always walk to the academy and back. Suddenly Taehyung thought he had heard Jungkook so he stopped and frowned. "That stupid voice...", Taehyung thought and saw a small Chinese restaurant. He walked to it and looked through a small window.
Inside he saw Jungkook who sat on a table, which was full of plates with different dishes and an older man just served him another plate with fried rice. Another boy sat down next to Jungkook, ordering him to eat more. "Don't forget to try the fried rice and soup to go with it", Yoongi said and Jungkook tried everything. His mouth was full and some single rice grains were around his mouth, sticking on his skin. "Kookie, how is my dad's cooking? Yummy right? You can always eat here for free!", Yoongi talked and turned around to his father, who kept cooking behind the counter, "Right, dad?" His father immediately agreed to his son.
Taehyung frowned and rolled his eyes. "That's the hip hop freak. So he asked Jungkook to accompany him", Taehyung thought and stared at Jungkook, who kept eating like crazy, "That boy... he will go anywhere as long as he's fed!" Taehyung angrily turned around and walked off but he stopped again when he remembered that he even bought two horse mackerels, because he had planned to invite Jungkook too. He pulled out one of the fishes, holding it tightly in his hand, before he turned around and threw it madly away. "Damn it..."

Back at his apartment Taehyung prepared the dinner for himself and as soon as he had finsihed it, he sat down on his sofa and ate. He enjoyed every single bite of his fish and the extra bowl of rice. From the music boxes sounded some calm instrumental song. Taehyung needed something would calmed him down again after he got so angry over Jungkook.
"It's been a while since I've had a quiet night like this", he talked to himself and looked around. He didn't even really remember the exact day when he was having dinner alone the last time. He leaned back on his sofa, listening to the music as suddenly his doorbell rang. Taeyung tried to ignore it but the bell was kept ringing crazily.
"Damn it! Making fun of me or what?", he talked to himself when he couldn't ignore the ringing anymore. He took the remote of the music boxes and turned it off. Then he jumped up and stomped to his front door. "What do you want this late, garbage boy?!", he shouted and promptly opened the door.
Slowly Jinah stepped in front of him. She got hit by the door, rubbing her forehead and gave Taehyung a glance. "Just when I came to say sorry for treating you harshly last time...", she said, "Garbage boy...? That's cruel!"
"No, I didn't mean you", Taehyung tried to explain as he suddenly saw Jungkook, who was coming down the hallway, carrying a take-out food box in his hand.
When Jungkook saw the girl and Taehyung together, his eyes grew big in surprise. "Anyway, get inside Jinah", Taehyung said and pulled her inside. Before he closed the door, he gave Jungkook a smirk. Then the door was closed.
Jungkook let the take-out boy fall down in shock. He let out a whining sound and his expression turned from a shocked to a sad one. "So he has a girlfriend?"