Lesson Twentysix

Interludium

The next morning was a typical autumn morning with a bit of sunshine, some clouds and a bit of fresh wind. But for Jungkook it wasn't like every other morning. The boy didn't sleep much the last night because he was thinking about everything what had happened, besides that the morning was different because Jungkook was already used to walk to school with Taehyung but since they had parted ways for the moment, Jungkook came to the academy alone. Although all this was different from usual, there was something which was the same for some days already. Jungkook's fear of his new instructor. He didn't even know why he was still going to the academy, since he knew he would run away from Choi Seunghyun again. 
Jungkook walked along the hallway to the room, where he used to have private piano lessons. He wasn't in the mood but still he tried to attend the class. Suddenly his mood changed when he saw some small Pororo figure on the ground. "Wow, this figure costs over 5000 won", Jungkook talked to himself happily and picked up the figure to take a close look at it. Then he let his look wander around and when he was sure that nobody else was around, he let the figure vanish into his bag. When he turned around to go ahead, he noticed another figure some meters ahead. "Wow!", he screamed and started to yell when he saw another figure. He ran over the hallway, collecting one figure after another until only one was left over. "Ah, but where's Loopy?", Jungkook talked to himself and looked curiously around until he noticed a small figure on the ground under a piano in a room. He stormed inside to get the figure and didn't notice that the door was closing behind him.
When Jungkook heard the door fell into the lock, the student turned around with a fight. He saw his new instructor, who had closed the door and hold a small box to his direction. "Today's lesson comes with a lunch box", Seunghyun said, but Jungkook just quickly laid the figure on the piano and wanted to run away again, "Hey, don't run away! Wait! I threw my paper fan away!" Jungkook stopped and looked slowly back at his new teacher. "It's true", the teacher spoke and placed the lunch box slowly on the piano. He felt like he was trying to get back a scared deer, which was about to flee. When he had laid the box on the piano, Seunghyun slowly stepped backwards again. "Take a look. I am not armed. I've changed." Jungkook looked at the man, nervously playing with his fingers, while he walked back to the piano. "I'm sorry for yelling at you the other day. Forgive me", the man said and bowed deeply to his student, "So, please take your lessons normally."
"Um...", Jungkook mumbled and nibbled on his lips while stepping slowly and carefully to the piano again.
"Yes?"
"There's one thing I'd like to request..."
"Request?"
Jungkook nodded and get a paper and pen from his bag. He was writing an agreement on the paper and drew notes and stars on it before he laid it on the piano. "Fart Agreement", Jungkook read it out loud, "At first you will help complete the choreography for the 'Fart Exercise'. Second you will never hit me. "
"Not just one?", Seunghyun asked but Jungkook just gave him a look, without saying anything. The teacher sighed and nodded in agreement, before he took his pen to put his sign on the agreement paper.
Jungkook smiled and turned to his new teacher. "Let's create a nice choreography."
"Alright. The 'Fart Exercise Agreement' is hereby in effect!"
"Okay, first, let’s eat this lunch...", Jungkook said and wanted to take the box, but Seunghyun took the box out of his student's hands.
"No, eat it after the lesson."
Jungkook whined but nodded. He took his place at the piano. It was time for practicing Jungkook's piece, before they would start the real lesson. The boy started playing the piece he had written by himself, while Choi Seunghyun had to dance the choreography, which Jungkook had told him too. "Let’s release it energetically. Let’s release it with a good sound", Jungkook sang while playing on the piano, "Do re mi fa bo boo boo boo waaa~"
"Perseverance", the instructor thought while dancing, "After this has ended, the real lesson will start!"
"Big fart, small fart... all are the same farts anyway", Jungkook kept singing happily and looked at his teacher, who tried hard to follow the choreography, "Sing too!"
"Okay, lets fart now", the two of them sang together, "Hey! Hey! Boooooo~!"
"How was it?", Seunghyun asked when the song ended.
Jungkook noticed a small paper, which fall out of his teacher's trousers’ pocket. "Eh, you dropped something...", the boy said and picked up the paper, "How to handle Jeon Jungkook. At first, for the time being, Pororo. Second, for the time being, lunch box. Third, for the time being, let him do it as he likes. Huh? What's this?" Jungkook looked from the paper to his teacher and back to the paper again. He noticed that there was something else at the end of the paper, which said Kim Taehyung's tips.
"Well, after all...", Seunghyun started to talk and took his paper back, "Taehyung-ssi is the one who worries the most about you!"
"Taehyung seonbae...", Jungkook mumbled to himself and smiled brightly.
"Now, the first motion", the teacher told but Jungkook wasn't listening. He was so happy that Taehyung cared for him so much, that he only wanted to see his seonbae at the moment. "Hey, where are you going?", the man shouted after Jungkook who ran out of the room, "Hey, wait! Hey, didn't I give you the bait already? You can see your boyfriend after lesson!"

Taehyung was sitting in the library. He was listening to some music, while taking notes for the other choreography, which he hadn't decided on yet. He already tried to study at home, but there he couldn't concentrate well, so he came to the academy. He was concentrating on his studies and didn't notice what was going on around him until someone tapped on his shoulder and Taehyung turned around.
"Are you still looking for a piece to dance?", Jinah asked, who stood next to Taehyung, looking over his shoulder.
"There are several candidates, but none of them stand out."
"Here", the girl said and laid a big, blue paper on the table, "It’s the pamphlet of the Seoul City Music Hall. I thought it might be useful because it includes the seating map."
"Thanks", Taehyung spoke without looking at his former girlfriend, while Jungkook, who came in and saw Taehyung talking to Jinah, quickly hid behind a pillar, so he could overhear them, "But, Jinah, why are you doing this?"
"You've finally found it, right? What you can do in Korea."
"I've always thought that it's pointless to stay in Korea. That the best place for choreographing was America or Europe, that I wouldn't be able to reach the top, no matter what recognition I may receive in Korea. But now..."

On the evening Jungkook and Taehyung sat together at Taehyung's living room. Taehyung was sure that the younger one would come over, so he had prepared dinner for both of them and when Taehyung was done with cooking it knocked on his door. It was Jungkook, who stood in front of the apartment, looking down and didn't say anything. Taehyung let the younger one in, without saying anything either. They were sitting together for a while and Jungkook was eating slowly and often looked at Taehyung, but quickly looked away again when the older one looked back at him.
Taehyung sighed and turned to the other one. "Hey, what happened to us breaking up? Living apart?"
Jungkook looked up to Taehyung with a sad glance and a pout on his lips. "That aside, seonbae...", the younger one babbled and looked down on his plate, "Is it true that you can't go abroad?"
"How do you know that?"
"I heard a rumor..."
"Liar!", Taehyung shouted and kept eating, while shaking his head, "You must've been eavesdropping!
"Why can't you do abroad?", Jungkook asked, he wanted to help Taehyung, like the older one was helping him always, "Are you suffering from ecology syndrome? Or do you have a criminal record and don't qualify for a passport?"
"You are talking nonsense", Taehyung said and drank his water.
"Could it be... are you afraid of flying?", Jungkook talked to himself, without listening to the other one but he observed Taehyung, who flinched by the thought of being in a plane, "So it’s true, isn't it? That's why you're going to graduate school instead of going abroad!"
Taehyung closed his eyes and took a deep breathe. "It doesn't matter anymore. I want to do whatever I can here with that dance crew."
"Seonbae..."
"Okay, study, study", Taehyung said. He wanted to change the topic quickly again. He took his bag and wanted to get his notes as he noticed a cd, which was in his post box this morning.
Jungkook crawls over to Taehyung and looked over his shoulder. He saw the cd, which showed Jiyong on its cover. "Huh? That's Milch!"
Taehyung stood up and entered the cd into his player. The music started loudly and deep, it sounded dangerous. Taehyung listened carefully while Jungkook tried to read the information inside of the cd's booklet. "Seonbae, please read this for me."
The older one took the booklet and read the information out loud for Jungkook. It was Jiyong's first song, which he had choreographed and also performed by dancing and singing. And suddenly Taehyung remembered his teacher's words about immersing himself in the music and how important it is how seriously he faces a song. "This is it!", Taehyung suddenly spoke to himself and ran over to his book shelf, grabbing a new and empty notebook and the choreographer started immediately to note some ideas. Jungkook just witnessed his seonbae and didn't know what to do. Soon Taehyung was so much into his work, that he totally forgot everything around him. 

At the next morning Taehyung and Jungkook went to the academy together again. Taehyung rushed to the rehearsal room which was used by the dance crew and Jungkook followed him, because the younger one was allowed to attend the rehearsal. The choreographer thought that there was no more time to lose, because they had to practice the second piece as well and there wasn't much time till their first performance anymore. Taehyung stepped in front of his crew, facing them seriously, while they were still stretching and warming up their muscles. "On December the 3rd, at Seoul City Music Hall, the Rising Star Group's show has been booked", Taehyung informed everyone and all members shouted happily and clapped, "We are going to start the second piece right away, so everyone get ready."
"Yes!", Hoseok and Namjoon shouted happily together.
"Finally, our turn has come!", Hoseok added and Namjoon nodded in agreement.
"Okay, let's go it", Yoongi said, encouraging himself while he was taking his spot.
Taehyung was about to start the practice as the door of the room opened. Jimin and Jin entered the room with some other members. "Ah, sorry, I'm late. My lesson went over a bit...", Jimin apologized while coming in.
"Oh no, it has started already", a girl said embarrassed, while entering the room.
Yoongi didn't like what he saw and left his spot, walking over to Jimin, who had put his stuff aside and took his place in the crew. "Hey, you need to be focused more", Yoongi spoke to Jimin and everyone started to look at them.
"Huh?" What do you mean?", Jimin asked confused with a loud voice.
"I understand that you have practice for competitions. But it's unthinkable for the crew leader to be late! Because of competitions, we haven't scheduled very many rehearsals to begin with", Yoongi talked and Jimin looked at him frowning. Then Yoongi stepped in front of everyone. "And all of you too! Somehow I feel that your hearts aren't really into this..."
"For now, we can't help it, until competitions are over, since our future depends on it", Wonjoon said.
"But I'm staking my future on this group, too!", Yoongi replied.
"Eh?", Jimin wasn't sure if he heard it right or not.
"Come on, this isn't a professional dance crew. How can you stake your future on it?", a girl laughed.
"Everyone, what do you have in mind for this group then?", Yoongi wanted to know.
"What do you have in mind?", a boy asked him back ironically, "Well, it will be a good experience to perform with excellent dancers of the same generation. It's also stimulation. And on top of that... Taehyung-ah."
"Huh?", Taehyung looked surprised at the boy, yet he hadn't said anything because he was on Yoongi's side about this topic.
"I feel that we can do something amazing, if these members work together with Kim Taehyung", the boy continued.
"Right? I want to do something amazing, something at the professional level", Yoongi agreed and Taehyung had to smile, "Don't you agree? Once we're known, people will come to see us. Money will roll in and we will continue on. Just like pros! I believe this crew will pull it off. It's not a legend that dance crews can last forever. At least it's my dream."
"I think that's a very nice dream", Jihwan spoke, "But I'm returning to Boston in spring."
"Huh?", Yoongi didn't know what to say.
"Me, too", Jimin spoke up and tried not to look at Yoongi, because he felt bad for the other one, "Sooner or later I intend to return to New York. I do want to do something amazing in this crew, but my dream is to be based in New York and perform worldwide. Naturally, Taehyung-ah must be thinking the same, right?"
"It's certain of course. He's Kwon Jiyong's pupil. Why are you still here, anyway?", another member said while Jungkook looked sadly at everyone.
"You'd surely be able to win competitions abroad", a girl mentioned.
"Naturally?", Taehyung thought.
"Generally we want to be soloists, rather than group members", Jihwan added, "I thought of this as a onetime thing."
"To gather periodically is good but are you serious about going pro?", Wonjoon asked.
"That'd be a bit much, right?", a member chuckled and caused a murmur discussion between the members.
"Well, let’s start with the new piece at the first movement", Taehyung interrupted the discussion, besides that he wanted to turn the attention away from Yoongi, who was still standing in front of everyone. Yoongi took a deep, loud breath, before he rushed to his spot, trying hard to fight his tears back. The members started to dance when the music began and Taehyung couldn't help but look at Yoongi most of the time. "Damn all of you", Taehyung thought, "Why did you all laugh at Yoongi?"
"Everyone's dancing as they please", Jungkook whispered to himself while observing everyone. The air felt heavy, just like the mood.
Suddenly Taehyung stopped the music and every one of the members looked surprised at their choreographer. "That's enough for today", Taehyung talked with a cold and dark voice, "No, let’s not rehearse until competitions are over. For those who have no competitions, please practice by yourself." Then Taehyung took his notes and booked, facing everyone once more. "Good luck..."
"Hey, Taehyung!", Yoongi shouted but the other one didn't pay attention to him and just left the room and Jungkook quickly took his stuff, following the older one.
"From the start", Taehyung thought while rushing through the building, "I've known it all along. I knew that everyone was eventually leaving."
"Seonbae, please wait", Jungkook was running after Taehyung, who jumped upstairs. Suddenly Jungkook slipped and fall on his knees, letting a box fall off his hands, so that the box flew downstairs with loud bangs. Taehyung stopped and turned around. His eyes followed the falling box and at the same moment the pictures, which he had tried to forget for years already popped up in his mind. The pictures of the plane crash, which hold him in Korea since he was a child. He felt like he was back in the plane. Everything was shaking. Everywhere were screaming people around him. The small fingers of a child, which belonged to him, tried to catch a small, round box, which was rolling over the ground of the plane but his arm was too short and the box vanished in the dark.
"What was that just now?", Taehyung mumbled and his eyes filled with tears, while he was unable to move and Jungkook tried to get up from the stairs, looking up to the older one, "That was... the plane accident at that time... But... that's the first time I saw... that I remembered that person's face..."