Lesson Fifteen

Interludium

When Taehyung came to the rehearsal the next day, it was a sunny, warm autumn day. The crew members were wearing their self-designed S-Group shirts and had warmed up and practiced for a while already, before Taehyung had arrived. A loud murmur was running through the group after Taehyung gave them some news. "What?! You're changing the entire performance?", Yoongi asked shocked. 
"Sorry, but forget what we've done up to now", Taehyung apologized. Last night, when he saw Jungkook playing the piano and listened to the sound he was producing, Taehyung had realized something. Every single member in this room was in their own way like Jungkook and whenever Taehyung had told Jungkook to play freely, the younger one was all himself and was much better than before when Taehyung tried to force him to be someone else.
"Forget everything? But the show is tomorrow", Yoongi encountered. The leader was still under shock and didn't understand what was going on. They had practiced so much the last days and especially the day before, when Taehyung had fainted, because they wanted to dance like Taehyung wanted them.
"We'll redo it today", Taehyung turned to Yoongi.
"How could we...? Just when we were finally getting it."
"Sorry about the confusion. It's my fault", Taehyung apologized again, which confused and surprised the members a lot, since never before Taehyung had apologized to anyone of them for anything, "But I promise, we'll get better. We all together." Taehyung's voice was calm and steady and once again he turned to Yoongi, facing him directly. "I'm counting on you, Yoongi... leader."
Taehyung patted Yoongi's shoulder encouragingly, causing the other one's eyes to grow round and his mouth to open slowly. "I can't believe that Taehyung is bowing to me."
"No, he's not lowering his head", Namjoon whispered teasingly.
"ALRIGHT!", Yoongi shouted and looked to the others, "Well, I don't really get it but okay, let's do it all over again!"
The members exchanged looks but agreed to their leader. "It can't be", Hoseok mumbled to himself, who was a bit scared of the sudden change, "Seriously? Ohhh I have a bad feeling about this."
"About the piece's interpretation, previously I told you to express only with dance moves, but now I think it's also nice to have a theme or something", Taehyung talked, "So that idea your leader had..."
"Is it okay to do the thing with the impressive movements?", Yoongi interrupted Taehyung, who rolled his eyes but smiled a bit.
"Although that will look stupid... show your power, your uplifting spirits and your individuality. I'll show you how I'll do that", Taehyung explained, "Shall we try?" The members nodded and smiled, it was refreshing that Taehyung was talking to them calmly, nicely and even showed a small smile once in a while. "Okay, from the top", Taehyung added and the music started.

Jungkook was in dreamland all day long. He was always thinking about what happened the night, when Jungkook and Taehyung were sitting next to each other at the piano. They were looking at each other and Jungkook felt how his heart was beating quickly and hard against his chest. It felt like it was about to jump outside or even to explode. When their heads were slowly getting closer to each other, he gulped nervously and some cold, intensive shiver of excitement was running over his back. His eyes slowly shut down, when they had got close enough, so that Jungkook was already feeling Taehyung's breathe against his lips. Just that little small gab, which was left, they had to overcome, so that their lips were finally laying on each other. Then finally it happened, but Taehyung's lips felt weird. Jungkook had expected them to be warm and soft, but honestly they were cold and sticky. The younger one opened his eyes and noticed that Taehyung was holding some paper between their lips.
Jungkook sighed and pouted, while he was sinking into the seat he was sitting on in the performance hall, where he was waiting for S-Group's performance. He was looking at the seat card, which Taehyung had placed between their lips. The older one gave him the card after he had organized it for Jungkook. Taehyung knew that many people would come and that's why he had reserved a seat for the younger one.
Jungkook was looking around, while the hall was filling with people. "Whoa, so many guests...", Jungkook was talking to himself. He was amazed and impressed that so many people came, because they wanted to see A-Group and S-Group performing. He wondered if the others were ready already. He stood up and went backstage to look after Taehyung and S-Group. 
Taehyung was backstage and fixed his jacket. At the end of the performance he would be introduced as S-Group's choreographer and he wanted to look good. "Aren't they ready yet?", Jungkook asked when he saw Taehyung.
"No idea", the other one said and twitched on the collar of his shirt and his tie.
Jungkook observed Taehyung from tip to toe. "Wow, you're so cool!"
"Well it’s not the best suit, but it will do", Taehyung explained. Suddenly some voices came closer and filled the room. The members of S-Group were finally coming. "You're late!", Taehyung said and the dance crew rushed over to him, "Why are you all still in T-shirts?" And you all stink!" 
"We slept overnight at school to practice, you know", Yoongi explained.
"But I want to take a bath", Namjoon whined. He didn't want to be near Taehyung, when he was stinking.
"Everyone in S-Group, it's time to go", a staff member said, causing every one of them to get nervous.
"Oh no! It's time", Hoseok got really nervously excited, "They are all potatoes, they are all potatoes, they're all potatoes..."
"Hey!", Taehyung shouted over them to get some silence into the group, "Everyone calm down!"
"How can we calm down?!", Yoongi asked nervously, "For most of us, this is the first time performing in a group."
"What if... what if we end up embarrassing Taehyungie?", Namjoon almost cried desperately and almost fainted.
"It's also my first time", Taehyung confirmed and everyone was surprised. Yet Taehyung only performed as pianist, but never as choreographer. "Forget about things like A-Group, Kwon Jiyong or the duel", Taehyung spoke calmly, then he ripped down his tied, threw his jacket away and took off his white shirt, revealing the S-Group shirt, which they gave him some days ago, "So let's enjoy our first stage performance and never forget to face the audience with a smile!" They agreed with a shout of courage and Jungkook clapped quietly, before he returned into the hall and took place on his seat.

The light dimmed, the doors of the hall got closed and the people stopped talking, so that it became quiet. When the members of S-Group entered the stage and everyone was talking place on their positions, the audience was giving them an encouraging clapping. "So, Taehyung-ssi's S-Group performs first?", Yongbae asked, who was standing at the wall on a side with the other teachers.
"What's up with their clothes?", another teacher asked shocked, "I know it's the opening act, but I hope they don't embarrass us too much."
Jungkook was holding his hands tightly, crossing his fingers. He hoped for all the best for them and that everything went well. When Taehyung entered the stage to give his group a last encouraging nod, the audience was confused that a student was the choreographer. Taehyung bowed to the audience and walked down the stage to a small spot where he was taking place. The light got brighter and some spotlights were lightening up the middle of the stage. Taehyung looked at everyone, who gave him a look. He could see that they were nervous but Taehyung was sure that they would do a great job. Once again he gave Yoongi a look, the leader nodded and with Taehyung nodding as well the music and also their performance started. 
When Jungkook was looking at Taehyung's back, he could feel how strained the older one was. He kept hoping that everything was going well. The moves were in synch, everything was like Taehyung planned it to be, which surprised the teachers and some students, who were sitting in the audience. Nobody of them had expected a good performance. "That kid", one teacher mentioned and looked at Yoongi, who's moves were smoothly and leading the others through the performance well, "Has he been dancing that well before?"
"It's not only their leader, are these really a bunch of underachievers?", another teacher talked surprised.
"If that's the case, the one who changed them was...", Yongbae spoke and looked at Taehyung, who was observing everything clearly and concentrated from aside.
"Seunghyun seonsaengnim, that choreographer, who is he?", a woman, who sat next to Choi Seunghyun, was asking, but he wasn't answering her. 
Jinah was sitting in the audience too and was watching Taehyung and S-Group's performance. Also Jimin was watching them from backstage. He and A-group were the next performance after a short break. He didn't care about the duel, but he was curious if Namjoon and Yoongi were able to solve the problems they had the last time Jimin met them. Kwon Jiyong, who sat in the last row, was watching everything closely. He noticed immediately that every single member in the crew had changed a lot. Their skills had improved and also Taehyung had changed, at least his charisma was different than before.
The performance was on going and till this point everything went well. Taehyung suddenly noticed the wink Yoongi was giving him and then s. "Oh no! Are you going to do it?", Taehyung thought and saw the other members giving winks too, "Fine! If you're going to do it, do it here and now!"
The music changed and suddenly all members did overrated, to the music matching and impressive moves. While the audience started to discuss the scene confused, Taehyung just smiled about it. Jungkook was watching them and was about to cry because he was so proud of everyone.  "No way, so cool", some girls whispered and the performance was getting close to its .
"With this a fair evaluation is out of question", Taehyung thought, "But it’s fun!" The performance finally reached its top and everyone was watching closely as the crew ended their performance with a huge jump. The music ended and every member froze in their final pose. They were breathing heavily but nobody dared to look up to the audience or to Taehyung, who didn't move an inch either. He was just waiting for the audience's reaction and the tension was within reach.
Kwon Jiyong slowly stood up. "BRAVO!", he yelled and started clapping, so that the audience began to clap as well. They were giving the dance crew standing ovations and Taehyung entered the stage again. He and Yoongi shook hands, but Yoongi pulled Taehyung in a brotherly hug. 
"Is it my imagination or is it mixed with laughter?" Yoongi whispered and smiled.
"It's not your imagination!", Taehyung replied and they bowed together to the audience, who was still clapping loudly. Jungkook was clapping happily and smiled all over his face. He and Taehyung's eyes met and Jungkook wasn't sure but it looked like Taehyung gave him a smile. It was a different smile than before. It was friendly and warm.

After they had left the stage, the audience entered the entrance hall while the break. Kwon Jiyong was on his way to his performance as he noticed a student, who was angrily punching against the walls. "Hey you", he caught the boy's attention, "Aren't you that... number 2 student at the choreographing division?"
"Y...yes, seonsaengnim", the boy mumbled surprised.
"You said you want to choreograph a group, right?", Jiyong asked and the boy nodded in agreement, "Wow! For the next stage performance, choreograph on my behalf!" He handed the boy all his notes and folders. "Oh and your clothes are uncool", the man kept talking and took off his jacket, which he also handed the boy, "I will give you my jacket. I have a bad stomachache. I'm going home! Bye bye!" The boy looked after Jiyong, who was hopping down the hallway and left.

When the show review ended everyone of S-Group was being backstage in a changing room, clinking glasses over their good performance. "CHEERS", the yelled and took a sip of their beer and drinks. 
"Yeah, we easily defeated A-Group!", Yoongi shouted, who stood on a table and clinked his glass with the members around him.
"It's just that their choreographer self-destructed", Namjoon laughed and thought about the scene. A-Group had entered the stage and a small, shivering boy, who looked like he was at the totally wrong place, came along. The boy had no idea about what he had to do. Neither he knew about the music, nor to give any last instructions and at the end their music got mixed up with several other songs, so that the performance of A-Group ended in a huge mess. "So don't get carried away!", Namjoon added and laughed again.
"Yes, that's true! It's good that our choreographer is Taehyung seonbae, isn't it?", Hoseok said.
"He made us work like crazy, didn't he?", one member spoke.
"I've never practiced that hard since college entrance exams", a girl giggled and several members agreed to her.
"Someone with high aspirations doesn't easily compromise", Yoongi babbled tipsily and almost fell down from the table.
"We should work harder, too", Hoseok admitted.
"Hey, by the way...", Namjoon came up, "Are we continuing as the S-Group?"

Jungkook left the performance hall. He went everywhere to look for Taehyung, who had left the hall quickly after S-Group's performance had ended. Jungkook couldn't find him, but he wanted to congratulate the older one on his success, so he kept looking. Taehyung wasn't at the rehearsal room, neither he was backstage partying with the others nor he was at one of the piano rooms. Jungkook walked outside at the courtyard and was looking around until he saw Taehyung. He was lying on a bench. His head was on the arm of the bench and his eyes were closed. Jungkook stepped slowly closer to check if Taehyung was really sleeping.
"Seonbae...", Jungkook said and got closer, "Taehyung seonbae, are you sleeping?" But Taehyung didn't show any reaction. "Are you really...?"
Jungkook smiled to himself and stared on Taehyung's lips. Now it was his final chance. He looked around to check if nobody was observing them and when he was sure that nobody else was around, he looked back at Taehyung. He leaned forward and blushed. "Here's my chance!", he squealed to himself and gave Taehyung a kiss on his cheek.
When Jungkook wanted to move back again to run away in shyness, Taehyung suddenly turned his head to him and connected his lips with Jungkook's. Taehyung hold his hand in Jungkook's neck and observed how Jungkook's eyes became round in shock and he felt how the younger one's face turned red. As soon as Taehyung let go of Jungkook again, the younger one was standing there like a pillar. Jungkook was completely frozen. 
"Idiot", Taehyung smiled, "That was to thank you, okay?!" Then Taehyung stood up and grinned. He took his back and left, while Jungkook kept standing there and was still frozen. His face was red like a tomato and all he could do was slowly touching his lips, which felt so hot and were prickling. He had never expected that it would really happen someday.