Lesson Twentyfive

Interludium

While Taehyung and Jungkook were outside in front of the room, the members used the time for their break. They were talking, some discussed their performance, what they could change or do better. Also Seokjin was thinking about what Taehyung wanted to tell him before he stormed out of the room, dragging the piano student with him. It took Seokjin too long for Taehyung to return, so he decided to talk to the choreographer outside and followed Taehyung. At the same time Jimin sat on the ground, stretching his legs some more, before he jumped up again. He kept dancing around, but he wasn't practicing the piece they were rehearsing at the moment. Jimin was dancing something he had in mind, following the flow if his hums. "So skillful", Yoongi said, while he was watching Jimin carefully. Then he sighed and hid his face between his legs.
"If it depresses you, why don't you stop coming here to watch?", Namjoon asked but Yoongi just sighed loudly again.
Then Yoongi looked up at Jimin, who didn't notice anything around him, because he was just concentrated on his dance. "Amazing...", Yoongi whined. Namjoon and Hoseok, who sat next to him, didn't know if the other one was amazed or sad by watching Jimin. When Jimin was done with his dance, he took a deep breath and turned around, because he wanted to get back to his bag to drink something. Hoseok clapped, he liked what he saw and could feel Yoongi being amazed. But suddenly the latter jumped up, giving Hoseok a fright, running after Jimin. "How...how do you produce such moves?", Yoongi asked Jimin, who just frowned surprised and gave Yoongi a confused look.
"Huh? What are you talking about?", Jimin didn't know what else to say.
Taehyung and Seokjin came back into the rehearsal room, when Yoongi let himself fall on his knees in front of Jimin. "Please take me as your pupil!", Yoongi talked loudly, causing everyone to look at them.
"What?"
"Give me private lessons!", Yoongi spoke and grabbed Jimin's hand, holding it tightly and looked up to Jimin with puppy eyes, "Whenever you have the time, I will listen to you and do everything! I'll treat you to any food you like! I mean, my dad will. I will massage your shoulders! I mean, my dad will."
"Why? You have a teacher, don't you?", Jimin said, because he didn't know what else he could say. 
"You're better than my teacher! NO!", Yoongi suddenly stopped and his puppy eyes vanished for a serious facial expression, still looking up to Jimin, "I love it! I love you dancing!" Jimin's eyes grew big in surprise and he was unable to say a word.
"Hey...", Taehyung interrupted them and the two of them looked surprised at Taehyung, because they didn't notice that he came back already, "Can I start practice now?"
Hoseok and Namjoon couldn't help but gave some supporting sounds towards Yoongi and suddenly Jimin realized that his face had turned red. "Of course you can!", Jimin shouted embarrassed and punched Yoongi right on his cheek, trying to avoid the other one to look at him, because Jimin didn't want to let Yoongi see his blushed face.
Taehyung looked with wide eyes from Jimin to Yoongi. "Okay... let's start from the beginning", he said, while Yoongi crawled back on his seat and Jimin took his position in the crew. The rehearsal went on going and Taehyung noticed that something was different than before. Jimin's moves looked lighter, more fresh and kind of playfully. Besides that he often had to smile and couldn't hold it back. Also Seokjin seemed to be another person. Like Jimin he was smiling a lot, his moves became more smoothly and relaxed. It looked like everything was able to work out well now. "Earlier this group was just plain silver, but now its kind of pink how Jungkook said...", Taehyung thought and he was a bit surprised that something that Jungkook said about choreographing and dancing could really happen and just by thinking about the younger one, a smiled formed Taehyung's lips, "That Kookie..."

After the rehearsal had ended Taehyung was walking along the piano building, he wanted to apologize to Jungkook for the incident earlier. But instead of meeting the younger boy, Taehyung met his teacher Dong Yongbae. He remembered that Jungkook was talking something about Dong seonsaengnim being sick or on holidays with his family, so he searched the talk with the teacher.
"Jungkook's instructor is now Mubuchae seonsaengnim?", Taehyung asked surprised after the man had told Taehyung about the change, "Why, so suddenly?"
"Did the two of you play Rachmaninoff some time ago?", Yongbae asked curiously and leaned on the table in front of him.
"Yeah... but..."
"It seems that Choi seonsaengnim is smitten by him", the teacher talked."
"So, he listened to that..."
Suddenly the two heard a scream, which sounded like Jungkook. They looked out of the window, which showed the courtyard of the building, where they could see Jungkook running away from Choi Seunghyun. "WAIT, JUNGKOOK-ssi!", the new instructor shouted after the student, who was running away as fast as he could.
"I don't feel well today!", Jungkook yelled back while running.
"But aren't you running now?", the teacher screamed, while panting heavily.
Dong Yongbae sat up from his seat, walking over to the window to watch the scene closely. "What a commotion", he chuckled amused.
"There's no way they'll get along", Taehyung commented and sighed, "If you want to see him do well, why don't you do something, seonsaengnim?"
The teacher turned back to Taehyung, who kept sitting on his chair. "I am not enthusiastic enough to bring out initiative from a student who doesn't have any", he explained and Taehyung gave the man a confused look, "But since students are important customers, I want to make an effort to help them achieve their dreams or hopes. As a result, for these three years, I ended up helping him intensely with writing his own children songs like 'Fart Exercise'. So, according to my police as an instructor if Jungkook-ssi doesn't want it, I don't want to hand him to Choi seonsaengnim. But I feel that he somehow changed lately. Maybe he doesn't realize it himself, but something has changed. That's what I had liked to see as an individual."
Taehyung looked at his former teacher's smiling face and nodded. He didn't know what he should think about it, but it seemed like he couldn't do anything to help Jungkook this time. Although he knew that it was no solution for Jungkook to run away forever.
After his talk with Yongbae, Taehyung was looking for Jungkook everywhere, but since the boy was running away from his new teacher, nobody knew where exactly the younger one was. Taehyung had looked for Jungkook at the usual places and last but not least he entered the room, where Jungkook was having single lessons. The room was empty and dark. But Taehyung found Jungkook's bag on a chair, so the younger one was here before he had left. He also found the small, colorful decorated notebook which Jungkook used to bring with him everywhere. Taehyung took it for taking a look on it.  He looked through it and saw the notes which Jungkook had written into it, it showed Taehyung that Jungkook was indeed serious about music, because in the book he wrote all notes from several classes about creating good chorus, the studying of musical instruments and concerning playing musical instruments, he also had added scale exercises and how to create sound and weak sounds. Taehyung thought about why Jungkook was still acting like he didn't care, when he had such interest into music and the piano.
Suddenly the door opened and Jungkook entered the dark room. "Taehyung seonbae", the younger one said surprised and walked over to the older one, hugging his arm, "Great timing! Let's go home together! I want to buy groceries for tomorrow's food delivery."
"Jungkook", Taehyung spoke with a calm voice, without looking at the other one, "How long do you intend to skip lessons?"
Jungkook looked confused at Taehyung before he turned away. He didn't want to let Taehyung know. "Tomorrow Dong seonsaengnim is going to...", Jungkook started to mumble, still looking for an excuse.
"Your instructor is Mubuchae, right?", Taehyung interrupted Jungkook immediately.
"But I attend the other classes", Jungkook talked sadly, trying to avoid Taehyung's glance, "It’s like early childhood education..."
Taehyung let the small notebook fall onto the piano and Jungkook looked at Taehyung, whose glance was still empty and cold. "I told you, it doesn't suit you", he talked and then looked Jungkook directly into his eyes, "Teaching doesn't suit you."
"Why is that?"
"How could you possibly teach and guide children?", Taehyung's voice changed from a calm one to a strict and strong voice, "You'll be disrespected and bullied by the children. Someone like that can't be a teacher."
Jungkook frowned and his sad look wandered down, more and more avoiding the older ones. "I will be a kindergarten teacher."
"If I were a parent", Taehyung said and Jungkook looked back at him again, "I'd never leave my child with you."
Those words hurt Jungkook more than anything else Taehyung ever had said or done to him. To become a kindergarten teacher was the highest dream Jungkook ever had. As child already Jungkook wanted to become a teacher and now the man he loved, the man he wanted to share his time with said something as hurtful as this to him. There were some seconds they were just looking at each other with the silence filling the room between them until Jungkook turned away, trying hard not to cry. "I will go home alone today", Jungkook spoke so quietly that Taehyung had trouble to hear him, but then Jungkook's voice increased until it cracked because it was shivering so much, "I'll break up with you!"
"Oh oh, please to that. I will go home by myself, too", Taehyung said and left the room, leaving Jungkook behind, who started crying as soon as the older one had left. Taehyung was sure that Jungkook was just talking. Since they were no couple, there was no reason to break up, that's what Taehyung was thinking. "Silly boy...", Taehyung thought while walking along the streets heading home, "You're definitely a performer... but he won't make it the way he is now... however talented he may be, unless he desired to be performer himself... If only I could pull him up.. The only thing I can do to change him is to do my best in what I do, after all."
He was about to cross a crossway as he suddenly heard someone yelling his name. "KIM TAEHYUNG!" The student stopped and turned around. He saw Choi Seunghyun running towards him, when the man reached Taehyung, he was panting heavily, so that Taehyung had troubles to hear what the teacher was talking about. "Your... boyfriend... what's wrong... with him? What.... kind of person... is he? Is he... naturally weird?"
"He's not my boyfriend, but yes, he's weird", Taehyung said, while Seunghyun was leaning on his thighs, still catching for air.
"Can't he take lessons... like a normal person? Even if he's weird... he's still a music academy student", the teacher talked while he breath was getting normal again.
"But you don't give normal lessons either."
"Huh?"
"No one else gives lessons with a mubuchae and threatens his students with it", Taehyung spoke coldly.
"This isn't just a paper fan. This is the form of my love."
Taehyung titled his head, giving his former teacher a weird look. "Come to think of it", the student thought, "Why is Jungkook running away from him? Even though Mubuchae is strict, his rejection is too powerful..."
"But, today I will part with this paper fan", the man kept talking but Taehyung hadn't listen carefully. Suddenly Seunghyun threw his beloved mubuchae fan into a waste bin, which was nearby. "I don't want to repeat the same mistake I made with you. However weird he may be, I won't give up on the student that I selected anymore", the teacher told his former student and gave Taehyung a confident look. Then he patted Taehyung's shoulder, who was still not sure if he heard it right, but then Seunghyun walked off.
"Wait!", Taehyung shouted after the man, who stopped but didn't turn back, "For this time I will help you with him, because I know you are a good teacher, if you can learn not to scream and yell around. And I want Jungkook to learn about his own abilities, that he can see how good he can be and I think you are the best teacher for him to find himself."

Jungkook walked down the stairs. He just wanted to get home. He didn't want to see anyone anymore for the day. He had to think about everything for himself only. But suddenly he heard a noise and he got a huge fright, because he thought his new instructor was still following and searching for him. He jumped down the stairs and hid behind a pillar. For a moment he didn't move until he had enough courage to take a look behind the pillar, but there Jungkook didn't see Choi Seunghyun. Instead of his new teacher Jungkook saw someone else, who the student knew. He stepped out of the shadow of the pillar, looking closely to the man. "You... you are from Taehyung seonbae's dance crew...", Jungkook sad and caught the other one's attention.
On the bench sat Seokjin, who was rearranging the laces of his shoes and looked confused up to the voice. When Jin saw Jungkook, he stood up and smiled. "Jeon... Jungkook...", he babbled surprised and Jungkook walked over to him, bowing deeply to greet Seokjin.
"Oh, good evening..."
"Good evening", Seokjin spoke nervously, he didn't really know what he should say, "Ah... I'm Kim Seokjin from Incheon Dance Academy, but you can call me Jin. Thank you for the food today." Jin quickly handed Jungkook the boxes, which he had cleaned already.
"Ah, don't mention it", Jungkook talked happily and took the boxes, packing them back into his bag directly.
"And this...", Jin mentioned and turned to his bag, which laid on the bench. Next to his bag he had a small flower, which he had bought for the other one, but yet he had no chance to give it to Jungkook. "I found this at a flower shop while on my walk... when I saw it I had to think of you... Do you know what the lily of the valley signifies? Purity. Pure love...", Seokjin spoke, while he was looking on the flower in hand. When he turned back to Jungkook, he noticed that the younger one hadn't listened to him, because he was chasing after the box, which had fallen down on the ground, rolling around. As soon as Jungkook had caught the box, he picked it up and ran back to Jin, who looked confused at the other one. "Ehm... Gratitude for the food", Jin said and smiled while handing Jungkook the flower.
"Eh? Wow... that's nice...", Jungkook didn't know what he should say, so he just bowed to thank Seokjin, "Is there more practice today?"
"No... Practice is already over. I had no classes today and was free, so I was thinking of rearranging my laces", Seokjin said and sat down again, facing his shoes.
"Your shoe laces?"
"Well you know there are over thirty different ways for tying laces and some have different meanings and I don't like the normal style. I prefer some different, something which doesn't most dancers have, besides that some methods are better for the laces not to open easily again", the dancer explained.
"Ah, is that so?", Jungkook asked curiously and sat down next to Jin, looking over his shoulder, how the other one was tying his laces, "That looks difficult."
"Well I love to dance, although I was often told that I'm not good at it. But it's lovable because it requires work."
"I am sure you are really good, you are the soloist now right?", Jungkook smiled and dreamt off, "Must be great to be in a dance crew. Sounds like fun!"
"You're a pianist?"
"Yes!"
"Isn't it enjoyable?"
"Oh, it's very enjoyable", Jungkook said and smiled, while holding the flower in his hands and looking on it, "I love the piano. But..." Suddenly Jungkook's expression turned into a sad one again, because suddenly Taehyung's words popped up into his mind again. Then Jungkook turned to Seokjin. "Jin-ah, are you aiming high to be a pro?"
"Ah... yes", Jin nodded, "For now, being a pro is my goal."
"Then, isn't it strange for a kindergarten-teacher-to-be to aim high like you?"
Seokjin looked at Jungkook and wasn't sure if he understood right, what the other one was talking about, so he just smiled. "I don't understand what you mean by 'high'. When I can perform well, I feel happy and if I can perform better, it'll be even more fun. So, to aim high is perhaps to enjoy music purely, I think. Don't you think so?"
Jungkook nodded. Now he had something more to think about. Not only about Taehyung's words, but maybe how he could understand why everyone wanted him to aim higher, to become a professional pianist.