Lesson Twentyseven

Interludium

Taehyung hadn't talked since the incident on the stairs, when he suddenly remembered something from the plane crash, which he had to experience as child. He and Jungkook went home quickly, but Jungkook didn't know what he should say to lift the mood again, so he preferred to stay quiet. Besides that whenever he asked Taehyung if he was okay, the other one just said yes, but his facial expression revealed that the older one wasn't alright at all. He looked scared and didn't show any reaction, it seemed like he was in another world. He put some can meat on the table, where Jungkook was waiting with his bowl of rice, sitting on the ground. Jungkook's eyes grew big in shock when he saw the cans. He knew that Taehyung bought them always when he was down. "Can meat...", Jungkook mumbled and turned to Taehyung who was sitting on the sofa like a pillar, without moving, without any emotions, "Seonbae, you must be shocked that the crew members weren't serious."
"No... Not at all", Taehyung suddenly said quietly and rubbed his nape. He indeed thought about what the members said about going abroad, but he should have known that something like this would happen again.
"I don't mind canned food, you know", Jungkook talked, "But I do want you to know that in this world there's such things as delis, lunch boxes and various other foods."
"If you are going to complain, don't eat it." 
"I'm not complaining", the younger one mumbled and looked down, "I just want to say... you don't have to buy this beat meat can again."
"I have no appetite."
Suddenly Taehyung's home phone rang. "Ah, seonbae, your phone", Jungkook spoke and put his bowl of rice aside. Taehyung didn't show any reaction again and stared into space, so Jungkook jumped up and smiled happily. "I'll answer it, I'm your hubby."
Jungkook wanted to walk over to the phone, which laid on a cupboard nearby, but when he passed Taehyung the older one grabbed Jungkook on his shirt and pulled him on the sofa. The boy squealed surprised when he fell on the sofa, while Taehyung stood up to answer the call. "Hello...", he said emotionless but suddenly he looked surprised, "Mom?"
"This country is smoggy as always", his mom mentioned with giggles.
"Aren't you supposed to be in Europe?"
"Ah I'm working on a cultural project to support music students studying abroad", she explained and Taehyung listened carefully, "I will be here for a while to help with the project."
"A while...?", Taehyung asked as he suddenly noticed Jungkook, who started to practice how he would introduce himself to Taehyung's mother. 
"Don't worry. I plan to stay with your grandparents in Incheon or at a hotel", she talked and Taehyung sighed in relief, "Anyway, Taehyungie, I met Kwon Jiyong over there. He told me that you've become his pupil! He asked me to replay this message."
"What is it?"
"Be sure to send me the photo book", his mother read out the message she got by the choreographer, "I wonder what he means... And he also said, that he's always watching over you, whether he's in Korea or elsewhere, you two are connected by music."
Taehyung was surprised by Jiyong's words. He wasn't sure if he just said them because he met Taehyung's mother or if he were saying the truth. But whatever the reason was, Taehyung quickly send Jungkook off, because he wanted to study and prepare the second piece for the crew. Like this he was able to forget the plane crash moment again also. 
On the next morning Taehyung was still sitting on his sofa, everywhere were notes and papers lying around. "Even if this crew were to disband tomorrow, whatever time I'm investing now will never be a waste", Taehyung thought while he stood up and tried some dance steps he thought of.
"Seonbae?", Jungkook tried to catch Taehyung's attention, when he entered the apartment. He bought Taehyung some self-made rice balls. As a good hubby, Jungkook wanted to take care of Taehyung. "Um... I made there... would you like to eat some?", Jungkook talked quietly but Taehyung didn't hear him, because he was deeply concentrated, "You should take a bath too."

At the morning Hoseok and Namjoon were sitting in the rehearsal room, which was empty. Only the two of them where sitting there, waiting for others to come but they already knew that nobody would join them. "Nobody came as expected", Hoseok sighed, "Besides the solo choreography, we've barely started with the second piece. I wonder if we'll make it on time in this condition."
"Namjoon-ssi", a voice suddenly appeared and the two boys looked confused to the entrance, where Seokjin had appeared. 
"Seokjin-ah", Namjoon said confused and stood up to face the other one, who was holding some flowers and a bag in his hands, "What are you doing here? I don't think we will have rehearsal today."
"I just happened to pass by...", Jin talked while the two others were walking over to him.
"And those flowers?", Hoseok asked curiously.
"I just saw them at a flower shop", Seokjin spoke and smiled to himself, "Do you know where Jeon Jungkook's house is?"
"Are those for Kookie?", Hoseok smiled brightly, while Namjoon couldn't believe his ears.
"Seokjin-ah!", Namjoon shouted, "What do you like about him?"
"He's cute, honest, cheerful and gentle... He dresses nearly and speaks politely...", Jin said.
"He's insensitive and presumptuous", Namjoon talked angrily, "He wears the same clothes for days and utters strange sounds. He's a weirdo! His polite language just covers up his accent! He steals other people's lunch boxes. He shampoos his hair every three days only, his place is a garbage dump and he suddenly turns into a mongoose and starts to dance! That's who he is!"
Seokjin frowned and gave Namjoon an angry look. "Jungkookie couldn't be such a weirdo." Then he turned away and stormed out of the room.
"I'm telling you the truth", Namjoon whined but Jin was already gone and Hoseok just patted his friend's shoulder to encourage him. 

Yoongi was on his way to the academy as he met Jimin, who was rushing down the streets. He tried to start a conversation with his crew leader but Jimin tried to ignore him. "Wait, Jimin!", Yoongi shouted and ran after the other boy, "What do you plan to do with rehearsals? It's the leader's job to lead the crew during a choreographer's absence."
"I will after the competition is done", Jimin answered without looking at Yoongi, who was walking quickly next to him.
"Competition, competition", Yoongi mumbled pissed, "It's all I hear all the time... as if you were some great musician."
"I have no choice!", Jimin suddenly stopped and turned to Yoongi, shouting loudly, "Everyone's future depends on it! If we win, the road to being a soloist and the chance to be world renowned will increase. I can't tell them to give the dance crew priority. For me too! My teacher will be at the final round of competition."
"Your teacher?", Yoongi asked confused.
"A former choreographer from Juilliard, who worked on the Broadway for years", Jimin explained and after he mentioned his teacher's name, Yoongi couldn't believe that Jimin had such a famous man as private teacher. "That's why I can't fail. I have to win!", Jimin added and turned around again, walking quickly ahead while Yoongi just kept looking after him.
"What's that? Why even start a new dance crew then?!", Yoongi shouted after the other one, "Stupid Jimin!"

When Jungkook came back home from his class, he wondered how Taehyung was doing. So instead of entering his own place, he went over to Taehyung's apartment. "Excuse me...", he said quietly when he came in, because he didn't want to anger the other one, but when he came into the living room, Jungkook got a fright. Taehyung was still in the same position on the sofa, surrounded by papers and ripped papers. The table was covered by books and papers Taehyung was working on. An empty water bottle laid there too. Here and there some pencils. "Seonbae, you still haven't taken a bath?", he asked but Taehyung was in his own world. Jungkook ambled over to the table and saw the rice balls, which he had made but Taehyung hadn't even looked at them. "Ah... you haven't eaten my rice balls either... They are hard now... You should eat something that will fill your stomach up", Jungkook mumbled and looked through the plastic bag with the stuff from grocery store, "Squid. Stinky squid..." But then he saw the pudding he had bought. Jungkook prepared it on a plate and kneeled in front of Taehyung. "Here, seonbae", Jungkook smiled and put some pudding on a spoon holding it to Taehyung, but Taehyung didn't move. Then suddenly he ate the pudding from the spoon and Jungkook couldn't help but smile brightly like a happy child. He kept feeding Taehyung until he ate all the pudding. Then Jungkook went to the bathroom to prepare the bath tub with some hot water. When the tub was filled, Jungkook went to pull Taehyung up from the sofa. "Seonbae, the bath is ready", Jungkook said and pulled the older on into the bathroom, where he stood and was still reading his book. Jungkook started to Taehyung's shirt, who kept being in his own world and didn't recognize anything around him. "I will shampoo your hair too." When Jungkook had pulled off Taehyung's shirt, he wanted to undress the older one's jeans as well but suddenly Taehyung hit Jungkook and threw him out of the bathroom. "Ohh", Jungkook whined when he laid on the ground in front of the bathroom, "You were awake after all, seonbae."
He looked around and noticed the mess again. Usually Jungkook wasn't a neat person but he wanted to help Taehyung more, so he started to clean up the floor.

Seokjin was walking along the neighborhood. He met Hoseok another time without Namjoon and once more asked the other one for his help. He wanted to know where he could meet with Jungkook besides at the academy. Jin didn't want Namjoon to interfere, neither someone else should interfere. He followed the direction description to Jungkook's house which Hoseok gave him earlier. While walking he hold another flower in his hand and talked to himself, he was training the lines he wanted to tell the young pianist. "Jungkookie, for tomorrow's competition, I... I want you to come and watch me... dance", Jin mumbled to himself, then he stopped and shook his head, "No... I will dance for you." Suddenly he heard some quickly steps coming closer and Seokjin noticed Jungkook running like crazy through the street. "Ah, Jungkookie! Tomorrow's competition...", Seokjin started his speech, looking after the running pianist.
"Hello!", Jungkook greeted him but didn’t look at the other one and kept running.
Jin looked confused after the younger one and started to run after him. "Jungkookie, where are you going in such a hurry?"
"I'm going to Daewon supermarket!"
"Daewon supermarket?", Jin asked confused while following Jungkook.
"A limited sale is about to start there. Three eel for only 1000 won! Eels for Taehyung seonbae... He needs eel power!", Jungkook screamed while panting.
"What's wrong with Taehyung-ssi?"
"He almost drowned in the bath tub earlier! If I wouldn't have sneaked a peek earlier, I wonder what would've happened!"
"Peek?!", Jin asked and stopped, looking shocked after Jungkook who kept running to the small grocery store which was in front of them. The market's shop assistant started the special sale and Jungkook tried to fight him through the bulk of old women, while Jin stood some meters away watching the scene, being unable to move because he didn't know what he should do. Jungkook always bumped against the edge of the bulk and flew back like a ball but he kept trying badly. When the boy finally reached the table with the eels, everything was sold out already.
"I lost...", Jungkook talked quietly to himself.
"Jungkookie, are you okay?", Seokjin stepped near the other one, who gave Jin a sad look like a lost puppy.
"Do sea eels give you stamina too?", Jungkook asked and ambled to the eels tables with the normal prices.
"Sorry, I didn't help you."
Jungkook turned to the dancer and smiled. "It's okay, Seokjin-ssi. You're already working hard in the dance crew."
"Eh?"
"I, on the other hand, can't relate to Taehyung seonbae through music right now. If it helps to build his strength up..."
"Jungkookie...", Jin whispered to himself. He noticed how much the young boy loved Taehyung. "You and Taehyung..." Then Seokjin looked down and hid the flower behind his back until he could get rid of it, so Jungkook won't notice it. He didn't want to embarrass himself even more to the other one, especially now since he recognized that he won't have any chance to date Jungkook, but he could at least be his friend.