Lesson Fourteen

Interludium

Namjoon was sitting at the courtyard, enjoying the sun together with Jimin. Since Namjoon was kicked out of A-Group, he didn't saw his friend often anymore. So he wanted to use every single moment he had to share some time with Jimin. They were talking about A-Group's doing and Namjoon, who had listened carefully while checking his hair in a small hand mirror. "I'm jealous", he said and laid the mirror down, "Sounds like your group is goind well."
"Is the S-Group that terrible?", Jimin asked curiously and watched his friend, while crossing his arms. 
"Yes, it looks really really terrible", Namjoon whined and turned around, since Yoongi was sitting close to them but on another bench, facing them with his back and was still sulking, "Hey Yoonie, they aren't serious about boycotting, right?" Jimin leaned forward to look at Yoongi as well, but Yoongi didn't care.
"I dunno! I'm really mad at him, too!"
Jimin rolled his eyes playfully and stood up. He took his backbag and once more turned to Namjoon and Yoongi. "Well, do your very best guys!", he said and walked off.
"That's it?", Namjoon pouted and looked after his friend.
"Only one short comment?", Yoongi babbled quietly to himself, but when Jimin passed him, he talked a bit louder, "What a cold man!"
Jimin stopped, turned around and gave Yoongi a serious glance, but then he smiled. "Okay, just one more thing then. When the choreographer is in trouble, it's the leader's job to lend him a hand. That's what I think", he spoke and smiled once more, before he turned around again and left, while Namjoon and Yoongi looked after Jimin.
Yoongi thought about Jimin's words. He knew the other one was right. He turned to Namjoon and asked him for help. They called all members over to their rehearsal room again, where they waited for everyone. Yoongi also picked up Jungkook to help them gathering everyone. When everyone was back in the practice room, Yoongi stood up in front of them. "What did you want to tabl about, Yoongi?", a girl asked, while sitting on the ground.
"Let's practice", Yoongi said and Jungkook stood behind him, ready to start the music on Yoongi's word.
A murmur went through the group. "We practiced like hell earlier, ya know", a boy mentioned.
"No matter how hard we practice, we can never satisfy Taehyung oppa", one of the twin girls spoke and some other's nodded in agreement.
"Even so, let's do it", Yoongi encountered, "This is our first chance to dance in a group. I understand your feelings of anger. But Taehyung is the S-Group's choreographer! Let's practice and try to be in tune to the music and express what Taehyung intents."
Namjoon smiled and nodded to his friend, before he started to warm up again and like him the other members started to warm up. They exchanged opinions on moves and about what they could do better, they went through their notes, discussing it quietly if they got it right and then practiced together. Everyone was going through their own parts. Yoongi smiled, he was glad that he was able to change s opinions on boycotting Taehyung. He turned around to Jungkook, who gave him a warm smile and Yoongi started to warm himself up again. Jungkook looked around, he was also glad that Yoongi could stop them from boycotting Taehyung, but still he needed to help his seonbae.

Taehyung was sitting at home on his armchair with his notes on the table, leaning over them. "Second hip hop group...", he mumbled to himself, while writing down some more notes, "...always from here..." He sighed to himself, he couldn't concentrate well but he had to study more. He had to prepare well, so that they could finish the choreography soon, because the last days they had to practice the whole choreography in one row, since everyone needed to get used to the lenght. He leaned back and took a deep breath, closing his eyes.
"Um...", a voice suddenly came up and Taehyung sat up shocked, looking to his kitchen, where Jungkook was standing, holding a plate with rice cakes in his hands.
"How on earth did you get in here?", Taehyung asked surprised.
"You seem to have forgotten to eat, so I made these for you", Jungkook explained and places the plate on the table in front of Taehyung, "If you don't eat, you might fall ill."
"How many did you make?", the older asked confused and looked on the plate.
"Kookie never fails when it comes to making rice cakes", Jungkook smiled.
"Fails? Normally, people don't goof up", Taehyung mentioned and leaned on his knees.
Jungkook claps happily and stood up from the ground again. "Oh! Seonbae, let's watch a video while we eat", he said and picked a dvd from the table in the kitchen, "I brought my favorite movie."
"Huh? A movie?", Taehyung asked confused while Jungkook started the dvd.
"You seem to be stuck. It will be good for a change."
"Why so suddenly...", Taehyung mumbled to himself and Jungkook sat down on the ground next to Taehyung, holding his cuddle toy in his hands, which he lately used to bring everywhere, "Could this movie possibly give me a hint to my problem?"
The movie started but unlike what Taehyung had expected it turned out to be an animated comic movie. Jungkook was happy when the movie began, while Taehyung doubted that it was really any help for him. "You know Pororo, right?", Jungkook asked.
"How should I know that?"
"It's a complicated story about Pororo, a little penguin and his friends who live in the snowy village of Porong Porong Forest, who often encounter challenges and learn practical and moral lessons", Jungkook explained.
"It's simple."
"This time they're setting out for a trip into outer space", Jungkook kept talking and didn't pay attention to Taehyung's comment, "But a big bully and his gang tag along." Taehyung tried not to dislike it directly just because it was a children's movie, so he followed the story and listened well. It was kinda cute that Jungkook was so much into the movie, maybe the younger one could be a good kindergarden teacher. "They need to eat space candies, so they can breath and won't die. With this and that, because of the bully the space ship gets damaged."
The movie kept going on, but yet Taehyung couldn't see anything, which could help him. The group around Pororo was flying back as the bully was stuck outside the space ship. He was holding onto the balustrade to not fly away. Pororo wanted to save him but his friends told him to let him outside, so he won't get hurt and nobody would be sad if the bully was gone. Pororo said that the bully gave him his space candy earlier, because Pororo didn't have one anymore and since the bully helped Pororo and prevent him from dying, Pororo wanted to help him now. When the bully almost fall, Pororo was able to catch the other one's hand and pull him back onto the space ship. The bully was so happy that he apologized for everything he had done to Pororo and his friends. "Owwww, every time I watch it, it touches me!", Jungkook whined over the movie and Taehyung just gave him a weird look, "Seonbae, you understand how the bully is feeling right? Because you two are similar!"
"We're similar?", Taehyung asked annoyed, he took Jungkook's cuddle toy and threw it back on Jungkook's head, "STOP JOKING AROUND!"
"See? You're being the bully..."
"I'll kill you!"
"Bully again!"
Taehyung picked up the cuddle toy again and once again wanted to throw it on Jungkook, who was laying on the ground like a dog. But he just threw it aside and kicked Jungkook out of his apartment.

On the next morning Taehyung was dressing up warmly. As always he wore a button-up shirt and skinny jeans, but because the weather got colder, he wore a sweater over his shirt. He packed his case and was about to leave as he saw the cuddle toy on the ground. Taehyung picked it up and looked at it. "Why am I the bully?", he sighed and laid the toy next to the plate with the rice cakes. He took one of the cakes and took a bite. He swallowed hard and had to cough a bit. Then he left his apartment and ate up the rice cake while walking.
There were only three day left until the show review and Taehyung was sure that they won't be ready at this pace. So no matter what they had to practice hard for the last days. When Taehyung entered the rehearsal room, everyone was warming up and practicing already. Yoongi noticed Taehyung and stood up, stopping s from practicing, then he turned to Taehyung, who slowly came closer.
"I'm sorry...", Yoongi said, looking at Taehyung, "...for being a nuisance."
"Eh?", Taehyung looked confused to the other one.
"We all came prepared", Namjoon spoke and smiled, while the other member's just nodded.
"I see", Taehyung talked calmly, "Then, let's start from the top." The music started and everyone. They all started their parts correcty. They all were in synch. Everyone was concentrated. "Amazing", Taehyung thought, "They are getting it. Even the breakdance and ballet section... Today everyone is dancing well. According to my instructions and to the notes we take. But... what's this?" Taehyung looked closely to everyone. They didn't look at him at all. They all looked on their feet and just sometimes at the mirror, to check if they were in synch. "The moves are gradually... None of them are looking at my choreographing." Taehyung started breathing heavily. Something was wrong. "I feel sick." Taehyung felt like he was falling, like he was flying around in outer space and lots of voices were running around his mind. He was wobbling around and his eyes got small.
"Taehyungie!", Namjoon spoke up shocked, when he saw Taehyung, who suddenly became really pale. Yoongi stopped the music and Jungkook, who waited in front of the room, looked up as the music suddenly turned off. Taehyung covered his mouth with his hand, he was squinting his eyes and started to choke.
"Huh? What's wrong?"
Taehyung was about to fall but Yoongi quickly reached out his hand, grabbing his friend and tried to prevent Taehyung from falling. But Taehyung fell down on the ground and Yoongi quickly checked on him, while the other members were gathering around him. "Taeyhung! Taehyung! Are you alright? What's wrong?"
The door opened and Jungkook ran inside, who was looking worried down to Taehyung and fell down on his knees. They tried to get him up again, but they didn't know what was wrong. The three boys were carrying Taehyung outside, where they laid him down on a bench. Jungkook sat the whole time next to him until Taehyung slowly opened his eyes again. "Seonbae!", Jungkook immediately whined and the room was filled with the setting sun's light.
"Taehyungie! You're alive?", Namjoon asked, who stood next to Jungkook.
"Oh right... I was...", Taehyung babbled and slowly sat up, "I'm alright. I guess I just got a little sick."
"Sorry...", Yoongi spoke quietly and looked worried at his friend, "We decided to dance by the notes, but we ended up being too busy with them and didn't look at you giving new instructions. They really want to meet your expectations."
"Anyway", Namjoon joined Yoongi's speech, "Take a break today, okay? We will practice on our own."
Taehyung agreed and Jungkook helped him to get up. The others returned to practice while Jungkook accompanied Taehyung home. But the older one needed some time for himself, so Jungkook entered his own apartment, as soon as they reached their apartment complex. As soon as Taehyung got home, he went to take a warm shower. "At today's practice, apart from not looking at me, everyone danced very well", Taehyung thought while letting the water cover his body, "But something is different. Was that the performance that I was seeking?"
When Taehyung was drying his body with a huge towel, he was suddenly hearing the sound of a piano. He quickly dressed up and walked outside the bathroom. Suddenly Jungkook was sitting on Taehyung's grand piano and he was playing the piece which they were using for the performance of S-Group. "You...", Taehyung was fascinated, "You know the piece by heart?"
"Well, because I listen to it every day", Jungkook smiled and kept playing the piano, "This is a nice piece, isn't it?"
Taehyung listened to the music and couldn't help but smile to it. Although Jungkook was playing it sometimes a bit sloppy, it sounded great. "Though he plays it sloppy, it's amazing", Taehyung thought, "It's like that one time. It gushes up... frolics about... presses near... They have pure, uncalculating and individuality." Taehyung stood next to Jungkook for a while before he sat down next to the younger one, who was still playing the piece. "Ah I get it", Taehyung kept thinking, "They are all like Jungkook. Now I understand why Jiyong chose them. Why he chose Yoongi as the leader. Why he gave the S-Group a nameless piece."
Jungkook was almost at the end and looked over to Taehyung, while playing. For a moment they were sitting there quietly, while listening to Jungkook's piano. Their eyes met and suddenly they forgot everything around them. Jungkook's finger became slow and the sound of the piano was fading until Jungkook's finger slipped down the keyboard. Taehyung was staring into the younger one's eyes. He never really had looked at them before, so that he didn't notice their deepness. And although they were quite dark, they were sparkling and could light up the whole room. Yet Taehyung always had just paid attention to Jungkook's messiness and eccentric behavior. He had always told himself that he would not like a person like him, who was so childish and not as perfect as him at the piano, but Taehyung had learned that Jungkook was perfect at the piano in his own way.
For the moment they looked directly into each other's eyes, which was the first time, it felt like time froze and earth stopped rotating about itself. It was just the two of them and nothing else. They moved slowly closer to each other, leaning forward. Just some more inches were left until their lips would be connected to each other.