Lesson Twentyone

Interludium

Most students went home already, just here and there were some still practicing. At the piano building most lights where still on, sometimes there were late piano lessons, but it wasn't the usual case. There weren't much practicing rooms with two pianos and since Taehyung and Jungkook were both students of Dong Yongbae, they were heading to their usual practice room. In the practice room were still Kyeongah and Jihye, who had used the time to practice for their upcoming exam. "Let's go home", Kyeongah said. It was late and she wanted to get home, enjoy some more time for herself, but Jihye begged for playing one more song.
Suddenly the door banged open and Taehyung came in. "If you're just messing around, let us have a turn." The girls looked surprised at the young man, smiling shyly and nodded quickly in agreement. When they were packing their stuff, the girls notice someone being behind Taehyung.
"Eh? Kookie?", Jihye asked confused and leaned aside, trying to look behind Taehyung. The older boy moved lightly, revealing Jungkook and the girls' eyes grew big when they saw, that the boys were holding hands.
"Come on", Taehyung said and pushed Jungkook lightly to the pianos. Jungkook walked over to one piano and sits down, while Taehyung followed and laid his jacket on one of the seats. The girls left the room and once more looked at the boys, while Taehyung explained that he will play the orchestra.
"You play as usual and imagine there's an orchestra here", Taehyung spoke and the girls left the room, closing the door behind them. Taehyung looked at Jungkook, asking if the younger one was fine with it and Jungkook nodded. "Alright. Start whenever you like." Taehyung kept observing Jungkook, he still looked kind of down, but the sadness left his face. The younger one was looking down on the keyboard before he laid his hands on it and started playing. "Eh?", Taehyung thought, "The first pianissimo played as fortissimo? What piece is this?" When it was time for the orchestra to start too, Taehyung started playing the orchestra part on his piano. There was no second that he didn't look at Jungkook, who kept looking down on his fingers running over the keyboard. "On top of that, it's fast... He can play this piece at this tempo?"
The girls, who were still at the hallway, heard the sound of the piano and exchanged looks. They quickly walked back to look through the small window of the door. "Is it Taehyung oppa, who's playing it?", Jihye asked curiously. They looked and listened carefully and didn't notice Jinah, who had followed them to the academy. "Eh? Jungkook?! He is playing it and Taehyung oppa is just accompanying."
"It can't be", Kyeongah mentioned and also Jinah, who just heard the music, couldn't believe it. The two boys didn't notice what was going on in front of their room, because Taehyung kept looking at Jungkook and the other one was just concentrated on playing his piano.
Taehyung frowned like observing the younger one. "There are too many notes... He's composing as I predicted", the older one thought, "On top of that, he's engrossed from the start. He's just playing it on impulse... This is bad. This is not a concerto. Shall I stop it?" Once again he looked at Jungkook, who finally started smiling lightly again and Taehyung skipped his plan to stop it. He knew he was the only one, who was able to accompany Jungkook well enough. "I will play along with you, but listen to my sound", Taehyung thought and suddenly Jungkook seemed to understand what Taehyung was thinking and Jungkook's sound was matching more to Taehyung's.
In front of the room a huge bulk of students had gathered. Everyone tried to take a look into the room. Many young students from Jungkook's class knew the boy and they knew how he was playing the piano, but what they heard and saw wasn't like they used to know Jungkook. He still didn't play along to the score but somehow his piano sounded different than before. When Choi Seunghyun came down the hallway and saw the crowd of students in front of a room, he got curious as well. He checked his watch. It was quite late already for a practicing class. "Hey!", the teacher said and used his paper fan to free the way for himself, "What are you doing this late? Come on, time to turn the lights off and go home." When the teacher reached the room and was able to look through the window of the door, he couldn't believe what he saw and when his eyes grew big, his jaw dropped.
Taehyung still didn't satisfy because Jungkook still didn't played accordingly to the score but somehow their pianos were matching well. The music they produced sounded clear and happy. Every student in front of the door, no matter how surprised they were, enjoyed the music of them. "Amazing", Jihye mentioned, while watching the two boys closely.
"Do you think those two are dating?", Kyeongah asked and Jinah, who heard those words well, flinched. She thought about that already too, but yet she didn't want to realize it. "I mean they are always together, besides that otherwise they couldn't play like that right?", Kyeongah added.
"Kookie's playing sloppily, but it’s not as worse as normal, don't you think so?", Jihye talked quietly to her classmate and friend, "And they are perfectly in tune. There must be really something between them. I had no idea Kookie could play this well."
Once in a while Jungkook looked over to Taehyung. When their looks met, they smiled at each other. Even Taehyung couldn't help but smile. At first he didn't like the younger one, he found him annoying, weird, messy, Jungkook just was a person Taehyung never thought to spend his time with but now he already missed him when they didn't eat dinner together once. He didn't even really remember the days before Jungkook, when he was alone. Yes he was with Jinah but it wasn't the same. Being with Jungkook was different.
Their playing came to an end, the crowd in front of the room lightly vanished. Also Jinah left. She couldn't stand it anymore. The music of the piano of the two stuck in her head and there were the voices of the other students, who were discussing if the two were dating or not. She just wanted to leave.
When the music ended Jungkook just smiled proudly to himself and Taehyung looked over to the younger one. He didn't say a word. He didn't want to disturb the silence. He was just observing Jungkook for a while. Taehyung didn't know how long they were simply sitting like this, but he felt like it was time to get back home since they left without eating and in Taehyung's case he didn't eat for the whole day. So he stood up and turned around to pick up his jacket from the seat behind him. "Hey, Jungkook", Taehyung said and grabbed his jacket, "It's time to leave!" When he looked at the younger one, he saw Jungkook laying half on the piano's keyboard and he was sleeping. Taehyung laid his jacket over Jungkook to keep him warm, he realized that Jungkook must have practiced excessively to play the piece together with Taehyung. "That boy... what should I do with him?", Taehyung thought and crouched down next to Jungkook. He looked closely to Jungkook's sleeping face. The younger one looked very calm and peaceful and suddenly Taehyung felt the desire to lay his lips on Jungkook's but he hold himself back. He kissed two of his fingers and then placed his fingers on the younger one's cheek.

On the next day Taehyung came to Jungkook, who was sitting at the courtyard, Taehyung laid the score and the cd of the piece on the table in front of Jungkook and pushed it towards the boy. "Here, you'll start studying the concerto today", Taehyung said and looked at Jungkook, who just titled his head.
"But I already played the concerto."
"Huh?", Taehyung didn't know if he really understood and sat down on the opposite of the table.
"You accompanied me, didn't you?", Jungkook replied.
"Already played? But you said you wanted to play it with an orchestra."
"But you piano was like a real orchestra", Jungkook said and smiled widely, "I felt very good. Kookie is very satisfied! Thank you very much! I was extremely happy!" Jungkook bowed while sitting in front of Taehyung and kept smiling.
"Are you sure you're satisfied with that performance?"
Jungkook smiled while thinking about the older one's words and then he nodded.
"You're here, Kookie!!", someone screamed over the courtyard. It was Namjoon, who quickly ran over to him, while other S-Group members were following him. They all gathered around the table, while Namjoon and Jungkook where jumping happily up and down.
"Hey, Taehyung", some boys of S-Group greeted Taehyung and hold some papers to him, "Look at this! We got job offers!"
"Wow! Congratulations!", Jungkook shouted and clapped his hands, while Taehyung just nodded.
"We also got jobs at a music company", the twin girls told them, "While working, we'll continue with lessons and we hope to professionally debut someday."
"I'm taking over my family's bakery", another girl mentioned.
"I'm going to help out with my family's inn", one boy added, "Come and visit, everyone!"
Taehyung just nodded and Namjoon walked over to another girl, who was with them but didn't say anything yet. "Hey, hey, what are you going to do, Minah?", Namjoon asked curiously while on his lollipop. Everyone gathered around the girl, who just whispered while Taehyung didn't move an inch from his place at the table.
"WOW!!! Minah noona is getting married?!", Jungkook shouted surprised and the girl nodded.
Hoseok and Yoongi, who said on a small wall and observed everything from afar, smiled for their friends and dance crew members. "Although I'm happy for them, we will be lonely, right?", Hoseok said and looked at Yoongi shortly. Yoongi knew what his friend was talking about but he didn't want to thank about it.

Taehyung and Jungkook were sitting in their practice room. It was time for their rehearsal but their teacher hadn't come yet.  "Ahhhh", Jungkook sighed long, dreaming off, so that he was totally in his own world, "I envy Minah noona to get married already... I also want to graduate and get married at the same time."
"Go marry a person from the same planet as yours!"
"Naturally, Taehyung seonbae is attending graduate school, right?", Jungkook turned to the older one, "That's great! So many people either go abroad to study or start working or return home!"
"Jungkook, shut up!", Taehyung said annoyed, "If you're not going to practice, get out!"
"Eh?"
Suddenly the door to their room opened and the two of them already thought it was their teacher, but instead of Dong Yongbae, Yoongi got inside the room. "Ah!, Yoongi hyung, what's up?", Jungkook asked immediately.
"Hey, Taehyung...", Yoongi spoke nervously while he was waving around with his arms before he stemmed his hands onto his hips, "I've been thinking... Can we continue the S-Group?"
"Huh?"
"That's a good idea", Jungkook mentioned and smiled.
"Right?", Yoongi was happy about Jungkook's agreement, "The third year students like Hoseok and me can continue and if you join, Namjoonie will come and then the others will find time during work to come too."
"Stop joking around", Taehyung interrupted the other one, "I don't have time for such an unrealistic plan."
"What's unrealistic about it? There are so many dance crews, amateurs or whatever. If we want to continue, isn't it possible? As for funding, members can chip in..."
"And then?", Taehyung interrupted Yoongi once more and looked at him, "You as leader, Namjoon, Hoseok and me as the choreographer? What's the point of playing 'we're-all-friends'?"
"Aim to go pro?", Yoongi replied because it was the only answer he had.
"Gimme a break", Taehyung said and stood up from his place. 
"Then what are you going to do, Taehyung?", Yoongi spoke up and hold the other one back from leaving, "Is there a group you can choreograph?" Taehyung looked down, then he quickly grabbed his stuff and walked out of the room. "Didn't you want to be a choreographer?!", Yoongi shouted angrily after Taehyung, while Jungkook quickly followed Taehyung.
He was mad. He liked the idea of being able to choreograph a group. But he couldn't imagine it to be with the S-Group, especially not when most of them started working already. Neither he wanted to bother with underestimated ones because at the end people only would think he was one of them too. He liked Yoongi as a friend, although he didn't want to admit it, like Taehyung liked Jungkook for who was, although it wasn't always easy. But right at this moment Taehyung simply didn't know what he should do. He just wanted to leave. He just wanted time and silence to think about everything. He just wanted to find his own answers. His own way. His own path he could take for his life. Maybe with or without Jungkook. But he wasn't sure if Jungkook was able to suit his life. Neither if Taehyung was suitable for the younger one's life.