Lesson Twentythree

Interludium

Jungkook didn't know what he should think about the sudden instructor change. The tall man in front of him, with the dark hair and dark expression on his face, caused the student to feel insecure. He liked Yongbae to be his teacher. He didn't want any change like this. So the boy looked and talked with himself through his hand puppet, which he was playing with when he was waiting for Yongbae. "We don't know Choi Seunghyun seonsaengnim, do we?", he said with a girly voice and he nodded to himself, answering himself normally, "Right, Kookie's teacher is Dong Yongbae seonsaengnim, you know." He moved the head of his hand puppet aside, so that it looked like the puppet was thinking and Jungkook changed his voice again. "Hm... could he be mistaking you with someone else?"
Just the moment Jungkook wanted to answer to himself again, the man used his paper fan to slap the hand puppet away. "Don't joke around!", Seunghyun spoke loudly and faced the student, who quickly ran after his puppet to pick it up from the ground again, "Didn't Dong seonsaengnim tell you about the instructor change? Jeon Jungkook, I'll show you that I can bring out your piano talent fully after being buried for these three years! So be thankful!" Then the man turned around to loud out of the window. "Alright! Let's being the lesson!", he talked and slowly turned back to Jungkook, who stood in the middle of the room, shivering because he was scared of his new teacher, "First, play a piece you've played before or one that you like, okay?" But Jungkook didn't move an inch, so that man pulled the student on his collar to the piano. "Sit down quickly!" Then Seunghyun noticed a small writing note book on the piano. "Huh, what's this? A music score?", he took the small book which was covered with sticker and paintings, reading the title out loud, "Fart exercise... what's this?"
"It's a piece I've been working on", Jungkook explained calmly.
"Huh?"
"It's for use in kindergarten", the student added because his new teacher looked really confused at him, "Along with choreography, I planned on completing it with Dong seonsaengnim by student-teaching."
Seunghyun was looking through the book and looked at the student. "What the heck have you been doing?", the teacher said and threw the book back on the piano, "Hey! Classic! Play a normal classical piece! You must know at least one!"
Jungkook titled his head and tried to remember a classical piece. "Ah! Okay...", he mumbled to himself and turned to the piano, starting to play. But the piece he was playing was a child's song.
"What piece is that!", Seunghyun shouted and hit the wall next to Jungkook with his paper fan, causing the student to flinch, "This isn't kindergarten or just some town music class! This is a MUSIC ACADEMY!" Jungkook, who was shivering a lot because he was scared, froze when the man suddenly placed his fan onto the boy's shoulder. "Besides, I personally selected you as a student. Don't you get it?! It's an honor! So playing around won't be tolerated, even for one second..."
"It's not playing around!", Jungkook suddenly shouted and jumped up, facing the man, "Kookie is dead serious about it!" Then he grabbed his teacher's paper fan and broke it in the middle, throwing it into the bin. He didn't dare to blink his eyes, so he kept glaring at the man in front of him. "I'm studying seriously!" Then he took his book and bag, leaving the room, but his hand was shivering so much, that Jungkook had troubles to open the door at first. As soon as Jungkook had left the room completely, he was running. He was just running. He wanted to get away from the man as fast as possible. He ran through the building until he reached the room, which belonged to Dong Yongbae. Jungkook bumped into the room, where his old teacher was having a class. "Dong seonsaengnim", the boy shouted when he ran inside, as he noticed that there was a student, who Jungkook just disturbed, he bowed to the girl and apologized.
"Oh, Jungkook-ssi, you're in the wrong room", Yongbae said surprised.
"Why the sudden instructors change?"
"Oh, I didn't tell you?", Yongbae talked confused, "By request, Choi seonsaengnim said he wanted to be your instructor."
"So it changed just like this?", Jungkook asked with a desperate voice.
"Yes, he doesn't take no for an answer and he has more power than me. He's also enthusiastic. Besides, I thought it would be interesting, you and Seunghyun-ssi together", the teacher explained.
"It's not interesting at all!", Jungkook shouted and was about the cry.
"Well, we're in the middle of a lesson right now, please leave...", Yongbae said and kept smiling, while pushed Jungkook out of the room, "I'm not your instructor anymore."
"I don't like that person!"
"I can't do anything about it. Do your best...", Yongbae talked seriously and the teacher's facial expression changed, so that no more smile was onto his lips, then he closed the door of his room in front of Jungkook, returning to his student. Jungkook looked down, he felt sad and unable to stand this new situation. He just turned around and ambled away.

At the same time Taehyung was sitting with some of the new crew members in the cafeteria, which was filled with lots of students. Most of them were having their lunch break, eating and hanging out with classmates and friends.
"When and where are we going to perform? And what piece?", Wonjoon, one of the new members asked, while the others were looking over some papers.
"Before that, we need a place to practice. Also, we don't have enough people yet", Seokjin replied to his colleagues questions, "We have to contact more people."
"Yes, since schools won't help us financially, we'll have to raise funds by ourselves", Jimin added. It was something he hadn't thought about yet.
"So, it's a semi-pro student dance crew?", Jihwan asked, although they all knew the answer already, so the boy smiled brightly, "This is exciting."
Taehyung, who was listening carefully, was about to say something as his phone suddenly rang. He pulled his phone out of his pocket and checked it. It was a photo message. The photo showed Hoseok and Yoongi, who were smiling brightly, holding their peace signs into the camera and the text under the picture said that they made it into A-Group and that it served Taehyung right for doubting them. "Two strings added...", Taehyung said to himself and smiled.
"What's it?", Jimin asked and chuckled, "From your boyfriend?"
"What a erted smile", Jihwan added.
"Nope!", Taehyung said with a straight expression on his face, turning back to the others.
"Shall we continue this at another place?", Jimin asked the group, "How about a drinking party for the new dancing crew?"
"That's a good idea!"

On the evening Jimin and Namjoon entered a restaurant, where Jimin had reserved a huge, separated room for the new crew. It was calm, but the murmur and babbling of the members where hearable, but it wasn't too loud, since everyone was behaving normally and mature. Several members greeted Jimin friendly, they were all people he got to know when he was studying abroad.
Hoseok and Yoongi were sitting together on the bar, munching on some small snacks. "Looks like they all know each other", Hoseok sounded sadly because the two of them didn't use to know anyone of the new members besides Taehyung, Jimin and Namjoon, "I wonder if we can get along..."
"Yeah... but we're probably the only ones that know the choreographer", Yoongi said enthusiastically and looked at Taehyung, who was sitting at the other side of the room and a girl was talking to him. Yoongi frowned and turned to Namjoon, who was talking to a member together with Jimin. "Namjoonie!", Yoongi shouted through the room and pointed at Taehyung, "Taehyung's in danger! Go, go!"
"Woahhhh!", the blonde man started to shout and ran through the room until he reached the place where Taehyung sat. Then he grabbed the girl's arm and pulled her away from the choreographer. "Go away, you!", he added before he sat down next to Taehyung, who just rolled his eyes annoyed.
"You're as hyper as ever, Namjoonie", Jihwan chuckled and the two of them greeted each other. 
"I want to see your choreographing soon", Wonjoon talked curiously and his friend Jihwan nodded in agreement.
"Me too. You're Kwon Jiyong's only pupil, right?"
"Hey, it'd be good if we can decide on the piece to dance today", Jimin said when he came over to Taehyung and the others, "Taehyung-ah, you have any particular piece?"
"I've thought about it, but I have several...", Taehyung spoke and looked at the other members, "How about you guys?"
"I'd like to dance something showy, with more people", Jimin replied.
"A more classical one with this number of people would be better", Seokjin talked.
"Somehow I feel strange...", Taehyung thought, while the others started to discuss a possible piece they could perform at first, "It's completely different from S-Group's drinking party. Everyone is calm and mature... It's good... I feel relaxed."

Taehyung wasn't sure but it was just about thirty minutes when the drinking party changed from the calm and mature one, into a chaotically, loud party, like S-Group's goodbye party. Lots of members got drunken, were dancing around. They shouted through the room, still discussing over the first dance. "In an instant, it turned into a familiar scene...", Taehyung thought and took a sip of his drink, "Everyone is drunk..."
Jimin bumped against the table Taehyung was sitting at. "I have a piece I'd like us to dance", he shouted drunken and suddenly Yoongi, who wasn't as drunken as Jimin, came over too, saying that he had a piece also. The two of them shouted out what they were thinking together at the same time. When they noticed that they had said the same, they looked at each other and hugged tightly. "MARRIAGE!", they shouted in choir and Taehyung just shook his head, because he still couldn't believe what had happened to the calm party before.
"Hey Taehyung-ah", Jihwan spoke and sat down next to their choreographer, luckily Jihwan was one of less people who weren't drunken, "For now, why don't we do a piece with a solo dancer?"
"A finally a sensitive person", Taehyung said.
"Huh?"
"Ah nothing. Yes, sounds good", the choreographer agreed, "I was thinking of that too. There are many good soloists in this crew."
"True", Jihwan nodded in agreement, "So, let's just take me as the soloist." But other members started to get into the conversation, begging to be the soloist also.
"Now, now, don't fight over it", Jimin said leaning on Yoongi.
"Right, right! I'll be the soloist of course!", Yoongi babbled, having problems to stand straight.
But Jimin looked at Yoongi and pushed him away. "DIVORCE!", Jimin shouted and wanted to slap Yoongi into his face, but the other one was so drunk that he fell onto his before Jimin was ready to punch him.
"Yoongi aside, everyone has that confidence to be a soloist", Taehyung thought and looked around. 
"Alright, let’s make Taehyung-ah decide. So don't bear grudges over this!", Jimin shouted and everyone around him agreed to their leader. Everyone gathered around the table and tried to tell Taehyung who should be the soloist for their first performance, but Taehyung ignored them all. He was looking through the room.
"I've decided!", Taehyung said and suddenly it became quiet inside the room, while Taehyung stood up, "Kim Seokjin will be the soloist." 
Everyone turned to Jin, who was sitting alone on a table, having a glass of soju. Seokjin looked at Taehyung and nodded. "Okay."

Jungkook went to the restaurant of Yoongi's father. He was looking for Taehyung, since the older one didn't come back home yet and Jungkook wanted to see him so badly. "Taehyung-ssi?", Yoongi's father asked confused, "He hasn't come here today. Yoongi said they were having a party for the new dance crew tonight, so perhaps Taehyung-ssi went there too?"
"A new dance crew?", Jungkook mumbled. He looked pale with absolutely no emotion in his face.
"Eh? You're not the mascot boy anymore?", the old man asked and Jungkook's head slowly moved down before he nodded lightly, "Kookie... Say, would you like to eat something? Perfect timing, I've created a new menu. Italian gnocchi simmered in Chinese mabo stew!"
"I'm going home today", Jungkook said with a blank voice, then he bowed to the man and walked out of the restaurant.
Yoongi's father never saw Jungkook like this, so he got really worried. He quickly called his son on his smartphone. "What? Kookie is strange?", Yoongi shouted into the phone, because it was loud on the party, "That's normal!"
"He's not his usual self. He's weird", his father talked.
"He's always weird!"
"But he didn't eat mabo as usual", the man said quickly, "He looked like a ghost! His face was pale and lifeless."
"Huh? Ah, later!", Yoongi ended the call and walked over to Taehyung, who was surrounded by female crew members, "Hey, Taehyung! My dad said, Kookie's acting weird. He dropped by my house and without eating a thing, he staggered home. Is it weird that Kookie's not eating or is my dad an idiot?"
"It's weird...", Taehyung thought and he suddenly looked worried.
"Let's go to another place", someone suggested by shouting and everyone agreed.
"Taehyung, you are coming too right?", Jimin asked, but the other one actually preferred to go home and check on Jungkook.
"It's time for me to..."
"What? No!", the people shouted and Namjoon grabbed Taehyung's case, so that the choreographer wasn't able to leave. So they dragged Taehyung out of the restaurant and along the street to go to another place. But Taehyung didn't feel like partying anymore, he just wanted to check on Jungkook. He didn't saw him much since they didn't have class together anymore. When Yoongi mentioned the younger one, Taehyung had noticed how much he missed the boy actually. He wondered if the boy was doing well, if he was fine at class, studying well and also if he missed Taehyung back. Neither he was able to call Jungkook since the younger one's phone was cut off again. He wanted to see Jungkook. He missed Jungkook. And suddenly Taehyung realized it, the reason why he cared for the younger one so much. There was only one explanation for it, which was realistic. Taehyung had fallen in love with Jeon Jungkook.