Lesson Seventeen

Interludium

The four friends were sitting on a table in the Chinese restaurant, which belonged to Yoongi's father. Namjoon, Yoongi and Jungkook were eating dinner, while Taehyung was sitting with them but he didn't feel like eating, so he was just having a coffee. In a corner of the restaurant was a TV but nobody besides Namjoon was paying attention to the show, which was currently airing. He was going crazy over it and laughed loudly, so that everyone was looking at him already, but when he noticed how everyone was looking at him, Namjoon got quiet. Yoongi gave him a pissed and annoyed look, Jungkook had his cheeks blown up and was munching on his food, giving his friend a confused glance, while Taehyung just gave a blank expression.
"That's stupid, isn't it?", Namjoon said and turned the TV off. Then he turned to Taehyung, who seemed to be down that he lost another teacher again. Namjoon wanted to serve him a glass of beer, but Taehyung refused. He didn't want a beer from Namjoon, neither he wanted to get fed by Jungkook, who tried to push his spoon filled with soup over to the older one.
"It's just like that old man to do this coming here to see his ex-boyfriend, right?", Yoongi mumbled while eating. All of them were kind of sad that Jiyong had left just like this, but now they couldn't change it anymore and had to accept things like they were.
"But I wonder if Milch was able to see the director", Jungkook said and was busy with his soup.
"You know, we don't see the director nowadays, do we?", Namjoon mentioned and returned to his plate, which he almost forgot when he was busy with the TV show.
"What a surprise", the deep voice of Yoongi's father sounded over to them, while the man was in his open kitchen, "The director and Kwon Jiyong..."
"Dad, you know the director?"
His father came over to their table and the students were looking curiously at the man. "Of course. I've had this shop for many years, you know", he talked with his deep, calm voice, "Originally, he was an excellent pianist and on top of that a great dancer with a handsome face!"
"But where is the director now?", Yoongi asked curiously.
"I heard from other teachers that he's on a long-term business trip."
"So they missed each other? I feel sorry for Milch", Jungkook pouted.
"Love is very often like that", Namjoon mentioned and looked at Taehyung, who didn't pay attention to the others. He was just in thoughts. 
"Well, what's that big deal about that dirty old man going away?!", Yoongi spoke annoyed as suddenly the restaurant's door opened. Out of a habit Yoongi welcomed the new costumer but as he noticed who entered the restaurant, the student froze. It was Kwon Jiyong. He hair was messy, his nose was bleeding and his clothes looked dirty. The boys jumped up from their seats and looked shocked at the man, who ambled into the restaurant.
"Milch!", Jungkook shouted surprised and helped Jiyong to sit down, "You didn't go back to the US? Or Europe?"
"Kookie...", Jiyong groaned in pain, "I jumped off... the plane..."
Jungkook screamed over the news and started checking the man for any obvious wounds. "Aren't you hurt?"
The other three students just gave the scene a weird look and Namjoon walked over to Jungkook and the man. He hit Jungkook's arm slightly and crossed his arms in front of his chest, while looking at the younger one. "Stop that! It's obviously a lie!"
"Why?", Taehyung thought while witnessing the scene from his place, "Does he want to see the director that much?"
Jiyong stood up from his place and pushed Yoongi and Namjoon aside. "Get out of my way!", he said and stepped in front of his pupil handing Taehyung a score, "This is your new assignment. Practice this piano piece by yourself."
"Piano?", Jungkook asked confused, mumbling to himself.
Taehyung looked at the score. He knew this piece. It was a difficult one. "This difficult piece... for me... this can't be...", he babbled to himself and turned to Jiyong, "Why do I have to practice this piano concerto now?"
"You are a piano student, aren't you?", Jiyong interrupted the young man, "So what's wrong with playing the piano? In the upcoming school festival, you will play this piece with A-Group performing on it and with me choreographing."
"A-Group?", Yoongi asked confused and scratched his head.
"But I have the S-Group..."
"Do not talk back every time I say something!", Jiyong shouted, which gave the others a fright and caused Namjoon and Jungkook to cover their ears with their hands, "You're going to resign from choreographing the S-Group."

On the next day, when all members of S-Group had gathered in their rehearsal room, Yoongi and Namjoon stood in front of the group, while Jungkook sat on the ground next to them. Yoongi, as their leader, explained them what happened with Jiyong and why Taehyung won't be able to be in S-Group anymore. The news about Taehyung had to resign from S-Group to join A-Group caused lots of members to be sad. "Damn it! That old man", Yoongi mumbled angrily to himself and sat down next to Jungkook, he didn't know how they could prepare without Taehyung as their choreographer, "And Taehyung too! He simply switched to A-Group!"
"That's no problem", Namjoon replied and smiled happily, "Taehyungie will play Rachmaninoff! It will be cool and romantic. There's no doubt that he's a prince!"
Jungkook's eyes grew round and jumped up, facing Namjoon. "Cool enough to blow us away?"
"Yeah, big time!", Namjoon answered and the both of them held hands, jumping up and down like teenage fan girls. When some of the girls heard about it, they walked over to the two boys and joined them, squealing over Taehyung.
"Ah, you stupid women!", Yoongi yelled angrily when he jumped up again. He didn't want to skip their costume performance because Taehyung left them. "We can't let A-Group beat us!"
"Are we going to perform?", one boy asked.
"Of course!"
"What about the choreographer?", the boy wanted to know.
"That, um...", Yoongi mumbled. He didn't know about that. Neither he knew anyone who could great a nice choreography and teach them within one week. Suddenly a stranger boy entered their room and shouted that he could be their choreographer. Everyone titled their head about the guy, someone they had never seen before.
"Who's that?", one twin girl asked.
"No idea...", her sister replied. But any choreographer was better than no one, so they accepted him and started preparing everything for their performance. They had to decide on their costumes and which piece they would perform.

Taehyung sat in front of the performance hall, where A-group was having their rehearsal. He didn't want to interrupt them, so he had decided to wait outside until their practice was over. He was looking over the score. Yet he didn't start practicing because he wanted to have a talk with Jimin first. Taehyung hoped that Jimin would know more about Jiyong's plans, since he was A-Group's leader. When A-Group members came out of the hall, Taehyung stood up and walked over to them. 
Jimin quickly recognized Taehyung and stepped in front of him. "Ah, Taehyung-ssi", Jimin greeted him, "I heard the news. I'm looking forward to it."
"Thanks."
"I wonder what seonsaengnim is thinking... He suddenly got serious with the A-Group", Jimin talked and Taehyung could hear that the A-Group leader didn't know more about the reasons than Taehyung. 
Taehyung nodded to Jimin and saw Kwon Jiyong coming out of the hall, so he quickly walked over to him. "Excuse me..."
"Taehyung-ah."
"Please tell me why I have to play the piano", Taehyung asked seriously but with a calm voice.
Jiyong gave Taehyung a blank expression until the man noticed someone coming down the stairs. Jiyong stared at the man and pushed Taehyung aside without answering to his pupil's question. "Seunghyun...", the man mumbled and walked over to the stairs, repeating the name once more but with louder voice, "Seunghyun!"
The man looked down the stairs and noticed Jiyong. The man's eyes got round and he hurried down the stairs hugging Jiyong tightly when he finally got downstairs . "Finally we meet", the academy's director talked happily, "How many years has it been? You've made it big, Yoongi."
"You, too", Jiyong replied, "You are as handsome as ever. I'd do anything for you."
Taehyung, Jimin and the other A-Group members observed the scene from aside. For Taehyung it seemed weird to see Jiyong being so into someone, when he used to go to night club, hanging out with several women and was regularly in trouble because ual harassment.
"You haven't changed, Yoongi", Seunghyun mentioned and smiled shyly.
"But it's true. At the next school festival", Jiyong talked and pointed at Taehyung and the A-Group members, "This elite performance group, an orchestra group and that pupil of mine will perform a rearranged version of Rachmaninoff's piano concerto, just for you. So please be sure to come."
"That's my favorite piece!", the director said and hugged Jiyong tightly again, who looked like he was on seventh cloud, "You remembered!"
"In the end, that old man is making me play the piano just to show off in front of the director", Taehyung thought. Maybe he was still able to learn a lot from Jiyong and the performance, so he wanted to use this as another chance.

At the same time S-Group members were preparing their costumes. They had decided that everyone should wear the costume they liked, so Namjoon was sitting on a table and was drawing on a sketch of a dress. Everyone was working on their costumes and when Jungkook passed Namjoon and saw the drawing, he let fall down everything he was carrying and stepped close to his friend. "Woahhh~ Looks like the dress of a French princess", Jungkook said, "You are going to make it yourself and look like the rose of Versailles?"
"Yes, I want to wear a dress that fits just right", Namjoon answered and smiled happily, then he looked up to Jungkook, "What about you?"
"Even if I make a costume, I can't participate in the performance", Jungkook mumbled sadly.
Yoongi, who had heard over everything, came over and laid his arm around Jungkook brotherly. "I have an idea! Why don't piano students play the pianica? Can you play it?"
"Pianica? I can play that!", Jungkook answered happily.
"We will make easy dance steps for you and solo parts for your pianica", Yoongi explained as suddenly Jungkook's classmates ran into the room. 
"I want to participate", Kyeongah said.
"Me too!", Jihye added.
"Jihye, Kyeongah", Jungkook was surprised to see his classmates there and even that they wanted to join their S-Group performance.
"Let's do it!", Yoongi shouted encouragingly.
"Everyone!", Hoseok yelled as soon as he entered the room, "The new notes are ready!" He came inside and handed every member their own folders, which were separated by sections. Most students knew the music they were going to perform on, now it was just their new choreographer's job to create a good show and to bring in Jungkook and the other two of the piano section. Everyone was really hyper and couldn't wait to start anymore.
"Everyone!", Yoongi shouted to get 's attention, "Let's start rehearsing today all night!"
Every member agreed immediately and the room got filled with shouts and happy talks. Only Jungkook pouted and turned away from everyone. "All night? What should I do?", he talked to himself. He didn't want to let Taehyung be alone. "What about dinner? Will seonbae be alright?" So Jungkook had decided to look for Taehyung. He wanted to tell the older one that he wouldn't come home tonight and that Taehyung would be alone for dinner. So he looked around everywhere on the campus. But Jungkook didn't know where he was, where he would practice or where he was rehearsing with A-Group. Jungkook ran over the courtyard and was searching for Taehyung. But he didn't find him, just when he was about to go back to S-Group's rehearsal room, the young boy saw Jiyong, who was walking along a path. "Ah Milchie", Jungkook said and ran over to the man, "Is A-Group's rehearsal over already? Where's Taehyung seonbae?"
"Taehyung?"
"Yes! I'm also performing at the school festival and I want to tell him about it", Jungkook talked proudly and smiled shyly when he noticed that he was blushing.
Jiyong smiled when he saw Jungkook's happy face. "Well... I don't know where he is", Jiyong talked. His voice was really calm, like he was daydreaming.
"I see...", Jungkook mumbled and bowed to the older one, "Thank you." Then he walked off and kept looking for Taehyung, while Jiyong looked after the boy. The choreographer's expression was kind of sad but Jungkook was too naive to see.

Although Taehyung wanted to use the chance to perform with Kwon Jiyong, he still didn't like the idea much. He looked for a quiet place where he threw his case on a table. He threw it so strongly that the score of the piano piece fell outside and dropped on the ground. "Damn it!", he talked quietly and angrily to himself, stemming his hands on his hips, while walking up and down, "What kind of teacher is he? Stop joking!"
"Warum so verärgert, Taehyung?" Taehyung turned around when he heard the female voice talking in German from behind. He saw Jiyong's manager, who walked over to him and picked up the score, laying it back onto Taehyung's case. "It's you, isn't it? Jiyong's pupil 'Kim Taehyung'!", she continued talking in her perfect Korean. He didn't know that people already knew about him being Kwon Jiyong's pupil. Taehyung hoped that it wasn't all around already. But when the manager was there already Taehyung used his change to ask her about the matter with Jiyong and the director.
"Jiyong played the piano in college", she started to tell the student, "At that time, he was always playing hooky and opened his eyes to women and men. I've heard that the situation was pretty bad back then, not that he's any better now. But one day..."
She told him about the time Jiyong met Seunghyun in college. The two of them always stacked together and Seunghyun admired Jiyong for his amazing talent as pianist and comforted him to join the dance section. Jiyong was really talented in dancing also, so Seunghyun encouraged his friend to become a choreographer. Jiyong instantly fell in love with him, so he wanted to catch up to become the person Seunghyun already saw in him. Jiyong began to study choreographing furiously. Unfortunately Seunghyun got an illness of his fingers, so that he quit piano and returned to Korea, where he started to build up his own music academy.
"So, their relationship is...", Taehyung mumbled.
"If he wasn't stricken by that illness and if he continued playing the piano, the two might have been together", the manager talked, "After all, in the present and also the past they're just friends."
"But seonsaengnim still loves him now..."
"No, that's not it. It's different."
"Then, why did he come to Korea? It's to see the director, isn't it?", Taehyung wanted to know. This question was bothering him so much, he just needed to know the reason.
"At first I thought that too, but I was wrong", she said and looked at the student, "The director asked him to come here, so he came as a teacher."
"Huh?"
"Isn't he teaching here? Teaching you! For Jiyong to take a pupil was unheard of. Not even once before he accepted a pupil", she said angrily, "So if you're not serious about it, please let him return back to us! You're interfering with our business!" Taehyung gave her a confused but serious look. So Jiyong came to the academy as a teacher. To teach him? Did he really just come to Korea to teach him?

At the same time Jiyong was sitting in the director's office. He was sitting on the sofa, while Seunghyun was looking out of the window, from where he could see the students, who were coming and going. He smiled to himself and turned to Jiyong, who faced him with his back. "So, how is our academy?", Seunghyun wanted to know, while he was observing the hustle and bustle on the areaway of his school, "There are some interesting kids, right?"
"Is that why you asked me to come here?", Jiyong asked curiously and looked lightly over his shoulder.
Seunghyun turned to the other one and smiled. "I didn't think that you would actually come", the director admitted and walked over to his old friend, "But I'm glad you did and came here. So I would like to know if you've found that kid already? You did, right?"
"Thanks to you", Jiyong said while Seunghyun sat down on the arm rest of the sofa, "Though at first I only intended to have some fun and go home again, but now I can't."
"It seems like that kid can't leave Korea", Seunghyun mentioned and thought of the student, Jiyong had chosen as his pupil, "Can't something be done for him?"
"There's another kid for whom something must be done", Jiyong spoke and Seunghyun looked curiously at the older one, while Jiyong thought of Jungkook and how the young boy was desperately searching for Taehyung, "When I see that kid, it's like I'm looking at myself from the past. Then I feel a lot of pain... He worries me." Jiyong sighed and turned to Seunghyun but then the choreographer suddenly smiled. "If something interesting happens between those two, I'll be very happy!"