Lesson One

Interludium

A young man, in his early twenties, dressed well in black pants and a white button-up shirt, the first two buttons were open, revealing his milky soft skin of his neck and his silky collarbones slightly peaked out of it. The clothes flattered his body's shape, showing that he was skinny and trained, but not too much, just to be sporty and fit, but the clothes never revealed too much of himself. Like always his hair was styled perfectly, never even one strand of hair was on a wrong place. And under his one arm he was carrying a black leather and elegant looking case.
Perfectly styled hair, perfectly matching outfit and an outstanding charisma were only small but the main reasons why all girls had a crush on him, liked him and kinda fangirled over him.  But the young man with the name Kim Taehyung, never paid attention to anyone of them. Never liked to listen to any of the other students. Never thought anyone else was good enough or better than him.
He walked along the areaway and passed the big sign, which showed the academy's name in Hangul, Hanja and Arabic letters. The weather was warmly and sunny, the late summer showed itself from its best side. Everywhere were people sitting with their friends, talking, some where practicing and showing their fellow students what they had learned, so here and there were instruments played. In one corner were some students practicing his vocal chords and at another spot some boys were practicing dance steps.
When Taehyung passed the practicing people, he rarely even looked at them, just hearing the sounds they were producing, was bringing up one thing to his mind. "Crap." The next one it was just "crappy". His glance became darker and he frowned. "Everyone is just crappy!", he thought and walked quickly to the building for the piano division.
Taehyung used to live in Europe when he was a child, his parents are well-known in music business. His father was running his own entertainment company, which was quite famous in Asia and Europe and his mother was a concert pianist, so he already grew up with music. He started learning how to play the piano at the age of three and teached himself to play several other instruments like violin and guitar as child also, but the piano was always his main instrument. It was the instrument he wanted to be perfect at. As teenager he had to return to Korea, since then he never returned abroad.

The bigger windows were crowded with girls, who were watching Taehyung walking down the fore place of their academy. They were talking crisscross, so it was hardly to understand each other. "Hey! Look, look! Its Kim Taehyung oppa", the girls squealed while looking after him. "Wow, he looks angry again today", one girl mentioned and got slapped by her friend for her words and explained that her oppa always looked great and amazing but never angry, he was just concentrated on his awesomness.
"Ah, that's 4th year student Kim Taehyung seonbae?", one girl asked, when she joined her friends and took a look, "I don't know why but he's really acting snobby!" And as soon as she said so, she regretted it, because immediately several girls were slapping her playfully but hard. How could she dare to insult their Taehyung. "Its Kim Taehyung oppa, 'the great', right?", some girls talked happily while dreaming off, imagining being close to him.
Again the girls were squealing badly over Taehyung, but suddenly they got pushed away by a tall man. He had whitely blonde hair, up styled, his clothes were colorful and flashy. He quickly took down his sun glasses, when he had pushed the girls aside and was able to look out of the window. "All of you back off!!!", he yelled, "You're bothering Taehyungie~!" Then he turned to the girls and gave them an angry glance and stood with his hands on his hips. "Watch your manners, okay? Your manners!"

On the other side of the campus some other guys were looking out of the window, observing the model like walking Kim Taehyung as well. "Impressive. He's Choi Seunghyun seonsaengnim's favorite student. THe teacher who only teaches the most talented in the piano division", one boy said and his friend nooded to him. "Is that so? I'm so jealous..."
At the background was a young boy practicing dance steps sloppily, he did another turning, before he turned around to his fellow students. "Hey! Let's start band practice", he said and walked over to his friends, when they didn't pay any attention to him, "Hey, what are you doing?" He laid his hand on one of the boy's shoulder to get his attention and his friend looked confused to him, saying: "Oh Yoongi, shall we practice?"
When his friends were leaving the window, Yoongi took over their place and ripped open the curtains. He frowned and made a grimace when he saw Taehyung walking over the place. "What's up with that 'Taehyung'?", he talked to himself, accentuating Taehyung's name, "He's jut a shadow of his father's name!" Then returned to his friends and they started their practice.

At the same time there were two girls, who were watching Taehyung like all the others, but unlike most of the other girls, the two of them adore him but they kept being realistical. "Hey, is Taehyung seonbae going to have a lesson now?", one of them asked and turned to her friend, "Kyeongah unnie, shall we go take a look?"
"I don't mind but...", she said but stopped thinking before she looked back to her friend, "Before that let's have lunch. Today I bought a limited 20-set-only special lunch from  the new department store, which opened near my residential accomodation." As soon as she finished her sentence, she heard some noise and turned around. There he was! Her fellow student, who she used to call a friend, who again ate up all her lunch silently, while they were watching Taehyung. She run over to her seat, where the lunch box was standing. It was completely empty. "No....", she was shocked, then turned after the boy, who was running away, screaming after him, "JEON JUNGKOOOOOOK!" She followed him outside the classroom but he was already running down the hallway, unable for her to catch him.

Taehyung stopped at the blackboard, where the academy used to publish several news about the students, who for example won in competitions. He noticed a paper about a student, who was chosen to study abroad in America. Taehyung frowned, took a deep breath and tried to pay not too much attention to it, because someone else than him was chosen. But although he tried hard not to let it effect himself, it did make him angry, so that he was sitting in front of the piano, playing harshly and fast but still everything was right. No matter how mad and angry he was with himself or the world, he would never let anything make him play sloppily. "Why does such a ham like him get to study abroad?", he thought angrily and the photo of the student popped up into his mind. The chose student was corpulent and looked unathletic, far away from Taehyung's look. "What am I doing in such a place like this?", he thought and his hands were running over the piano's keyboard, "Damn it!"
"What the hell are you doing, huh?", a deep voice suddenly appeared behind him and before Taehyung could react, he got already slapped by a typical Korean war fan and he knew his teacher was there. "Don't get excited and just end it like that", his teacher yelled, walking over to his student, who was laying on the ground and rolled his eyes, "Are you really serious about this or not, fool! I recommended you for the December piano competition." Taehyung stood up and collected his stuff, which flew around the room alone with him when the fan knocked him off. "You are not going to smear my face with mud, are you?", the teacher asked and laid his paper fan on his shoulder, looking down on his students, who sighed loudly, showing his teacher that he didn't care, "Isn't this your last university competition?"
Taehyung stood up as soon as he had everything collected again. He didn't even really listen to what his teacher was saying, he just fixed his hair. But his teacher noticed a map, which laid on top of Taehyung's papers. "What's this? A choreography collection?", Choi Seunghyun asked and took the folder. He opened it and looked through it carefully. "Why does a piano student like you have something like this? Do you want to become a choreographer or something?", he asked and threw the map away but Taehyung didn't show any reaction and just looked away, "Stop joking! You don't even play the piano right, fool..."
"Shut up, old man!", Taehyung suddenly interrupted his teacher but didn't even give him a glance, "Giving lessons by yelling and shouting like a loan-shark demanding money! What's this elite specialist 'Choi-mubuchae'?!" Then Taehyung finally turned around, facing his teacher directly and his voice was getting louder. "Forte! Forte! Confuoco! That's all you teach! All your students play the piano the same way! It's disgusting! If you've recognized my talent, then don't teach me unnecessary things!"
Choi Seunghyun raised an eyebrow, then he frowned slightly. "Is that all you want to say?", he asked coldly.
"You want more?!", Taehyung angrily asked him loudly, but his teacher interrupted him directly.
"No... that's enough. I got it", the teacher said and for a while there were silence between them, but the man got back to his usual face expression, "Don't come to my lessons anymore. I'll ask someone else to be in the competition. It was my mistake to judge you. Goodbye." He stepped back and turned around, hitting his fan angrily against the wall before he left the room.
Taehyung looked after the man and sighed again before he turned away. His glance was wandering around, dreaming off lightly. "Its true...", he thought, "I want to be a choreographer."

Taehyung had studied some more for himself until early evening. He decided to go home, his mood wasn't the best anyway. He walked down the path behind the main building, where a lot of trees were giving shadow for he students, who were practicing outside. Taehyung noticed the sound of a piano, he didn't really pay much attention to it, but he recognized the piece, which was played. "Such a sloppy playing...", he told himself, "It's truely pathetic."
He kept on walking, the sun was slowly setting, covering the heaven in a red, orange color. Suddenly the sound of the piano became clearer and Taehyung stopped walking. "I'm wrong!", he thought and turned around, looking to the piano division's building where the sound was coming from. "It's sloppy, but it's not wrong." He wlked quickly to the building, following the sound, while his mind was spinning around. "Amazing. What is this? Who is playing this?", he thought and reached a hallway, where the sound was clearly hearable. He was close. Just some more steps and he would know, who was playing the piano.
Luckily every room had a small window, so people could see if it was empty or in use. He stopped in front of the room and looked through the window. He saw a boy with black hair, playing freely on the piano. No score. No teacher was around. Taehyung could only see him from his back and through the setting sun, the orange light was filling the room, letting everything look like in a dream. Taehyung just stood there, staring at the back of the boy, who was playing sloppily but it kinda fascinated him. His hand wandered down to the door knob without him realizing what he was doing. He was about to open the door as his hand got suddenly grabbed.
"Oppa!", a blonde girl appeared next to him. She was dressed nicely with a blue summer dress, with a scarf around her shoulders, protecting her from the fresh wind, which sometimes appeared out of nowhere. "Is is ture that you got dropped by Choi seonsaengnim?"
"Jinah...", he sighed and turned away. He didn't want to admit it to his girlfriend but since she knew already, it was quite sure that the whole academy already got to know about it.

The two of them left the academy together, the had decided to talk about the situation in a restaurant, where they used to go often. They were sitting on the bar, having a drink. Taehyung knew that his girlfriend, didn't like his decision, but she couldn't change his mind anyway. "Go apologize to Choi seonsaengnim and you get him to forgive you", she said but Taehyung just asked her back, why he should beg for his forgiveness. "Why? He's strict, but he's the most famous and talented teacher at our school", Jinah kept talking, while looking at her boyfriend, who was looking afar, "You are going to grad school after graduating, right? You were lucky that he had his eye on you", she mentioned but Taehyung wasn't really listening anymore. He was sick of hearing the same over and over again.
Taehyung had leaned his face into his hand and his other hand was playing lightly with the glass of his drink. He wanted to end this conversation or at least change the topic. "I don't care about grad school. I don't want to be a pianist anyway", he mumbled bored.
"Then, you should've gone into the choreo division to begin with", his girlfriend said and her voice slowly changed into a pissed tone. Her eyes never let go of Taehyung, who kept looking afar and not even once he was looking to her.
"To actually choreograph is rare in the academy, even if you're in the choreographing division", Taehyung answered her back, causing her to sigh and she turned away. "Besides, I'm teaching myself. I don't want to learn anything useless from other people." Taehyung took his glass, taking a big sip of his drink.
Jinah sighed again, looking away. Her voice changed. She sounded bored because to her those words of Taehyung weren't anything new to her. "Then, you should hurry up and study abroad", she talked and noticed Taehyung's look, because she knew his secret. She turned back to him. "Aren't you being ridiculous? Being scared of flying. You experienced an emergency landing once. So what? And because as child you almost drowned, you are afraid of getting on a boat also." She laughed and crossed her arms, observing Taehyung, who was clenching his fists and shivered all over his body.
"Don't say it so easily", he shouted, "How would you ever understand?!" He took his drink and drank up everything in one shot. Jinah rolled her eyes and ran her hand through her hair, turning away from her boyfriend again. "Maybe I should quit music", Taehyung said, but he was more talking to himself than to Jinah, whose eyes grew big because she got surprised about Taehyung's words. "Even if I study hard in Korea and become a professional choreographer there's no point if I can't perform abroad", he said and looked at Jinah, while he was laying halfly down on the bar with his torso, "Maybe I should just work for your family's music shop company."
Jinah stood up and looked angrily at Taehyung. She took her handbag and wanted to leave but Taehyung grabbed her wrist, stopping her from going. He looked up to her and smiled. "Don't go home today."
But Jinah moved her arm quickly aside, getting rid off Taehyung's grip, so that he almost fall down his chair. "Cut it out!", she said and turned away with an arrogant look, "We don't have that kind of relationship anymore." Taehyung looked confused at her, when he sat up normally again. "Besides that, I hate losers, like you. Wherever you go, you'll always be the same!" She fixed her scarf around her shoulders and quickly walked off, leaving Taehyung behind. He was laying his head on the bar, using his arm as pillow. He didn't need her, he didn't need Choi seonsaengnim, he didn't need anyone.

A young man was walking happily down the street. It was dark already and he was walking straight to a house, carrying some grocery bags in his hands. He was humming a song to himself and once in a while he sang a line loudly to himself. "Poop, poop, poop, cat's~~ poop!", he sang, swinging the plastic bags slightly around. He entered the house and kept singing quietly to himself. Just some stairs and he was home, then he was finally able to eat something for dinner.
He walked down the hallway to his apartment and his arms slowly got tired of carrying the stuff, which became heavy. He started to hop around when he apartment was close. When he turned around the last corner he saw someone sitting on the ground next to his apartment's door. Slowly the boy got closer to the man, who seemed to be asleep and he crouched down next to the other one. "Oh... he's from my academy... but what was his name?", the boy talked to himself and tried to remember the name. He poked the boy's shoulder, but he didn't show any reaction. So he poked the other one's knee but still there was nothing. "What should I do?"
"Please help me...", suddenly the other man said quietly. The boy got his grocery bag, looking through them if he could find anything to help the man, but all he found were candies. When he looked back to the man, the other one' head turned to him, but still he eyes were closed and didn't move an inch. The boy smiled, holding is candies tightly in front of his face to hide his blushing cheeks. He just saw this man the very first time, but he had already fallen for him.