Chapter 3

AM I NOT WORTH IT?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Morning came, after sooyoung and I ate our breakfast, we bid each other goodbye so we can go to our perspective works. Sooyoung owned a restaurant like what she always dreamed of, and I, just like what I said before is working for my father. 

It didn't take long for me to reach my destination which is my dad's company of course. No one except my dad and his secretary know that I am my dad's daughter, everyone else only sees me as the Marketing Vice President. My dad actually told me that he is so proud of me, because of what I achieve even if I never let him help me. 

I enter my office room and sat on my desk, and start doing my job. After hours of work my secretary enter my office to tell me that the C.E.O wants to have lunch with me. Since it's my dad, of course I agreed. Mom must've told him about what happen already, and knowing him, he must be worried about me being hurt. Cause just like what he once told me 'I don't want my only princess to get hurt'. Dad is a very lovable person, especially when it comes to his family. He very serious and very respected person here in the company but when he's with us, his family, he is the most funny and childish father that I know. 

I arrived in front of the C.E.O's room and knock on the door. Not long after ms. Shin, my dad's secretary open the door and greet me with a bow. 
I nodded my head as an acknowledgement and enter. 
I went to my dad's desk which is located on the far right side of the huge office of him. It's not actually just an office, it's like a apartment, it has a kitchen, bedroom, bathroom and anything that he needs. Cause being a busy man he is, he's barely home. I'm in front of him already but he doesn't seem to notice my presence because he's to focus on what he's doing. I stared at him for a good 20 seconds before I decided to clear my throat to get his attention. Hearing me, he look up and his expression immediately change into a happy and worried one.
"Taeyeon" he called my name and smiled at me, so I smiled back. 

"Dad" I replied back. He stood up from his sit and came to me and immediately hugged me. 

"Are you okay? Your mom told me already." She said and broke the hug. I smiled dorkily at him.

"Dad I'm fine, yes I did get hurt but I'm really fine now." 

"Are you sure? You know how I hate it when you lie about your feelings because you don't want us to be worried." He told me sternly. I just laugh at him. He's being cute.

"What's so funny??" He asked me.
"Nothing dad, it's just that, you're being cute. Haha." I said and laugh at him again. He pout.

"Dad stop that you're too old for that, and to answer your question, I'm perfectly fine" I told him while grinning.

"Why can't I pout?" He asked and I giggled at his actions, I miss this side of my him, really. I look at ms. Shin and she is suppressing a laugh. I look at my dad teasingly.

"Dad didn't you know that ms. Shin is still here? She can see all your doings you know." I told him and he look at ms. Shin embarrassed of what he's been doing. He composed himself and cleared his throat.

"Ms. Shin, can you leave the two of us alone for a while.?" He asked. Then ms. Shin bowed at us before leaving the room. When ms. Shin is out, my dad sigh in relief and I laugh again because it's really rare to see a C.E.O being embarrassed. 

"Stop laughing it's not funny." He said glaring at me. I stop laughing and chuckle at him.

"Okay, okay." I said and held my hands up to surrender.

"So, I thought you invited me for lunch?" I asked him. 

"Yeah" he started walking to the kitchen. 

"I prepared some bibimbap for you." He said. Well, bibimbap is my favorite. I smiled at him.

"Mom made some for me yesterday too." I said.

"She did? Well, it's your favorite after all. You don't want it now?"
He asked expectantly.

"You said it dad, it's my favorite. Of course I want it." I smiled at him, he smiled to.

"Now, that's my girl. Let's eat well. Just forget about that girl." He encourage me. I just chuckle again for the nth time.

"Of course dad, it's not really worth it to think about her still. What's the point? I must get over her." I said smiling sincerely at him.

"Good to hear. You know I miss you" he suddenly said. I look at him with a confused expression. He just chuckle at my reaction. 

"We work in the same company, but we barely see each other. We both live in seoul but we don't see each other at all. It's like we're so far away from each other, and when yura and you broke up you didn't come to me who is just near you, instead you drove for hours to jeonju to see your mom." He said and sigh when he finish. He's facial expression is showing sadness and longing. I find my self copying his expressions. I know I'm guilty.

"Dad sorry. I really am, I promise from now on we will see each other everyday. Whenever I have time, I will visit you in our house. And I'm sorry for not coming to you first, when yura broke up with me. I love you dad and you know that, I know you do. It's just that, I know you're busy and I don't want you to be distracted by a whining baby. I hope you understand dad." I explain to dad while looking down. Then I suddenly heard a manly laugh, so I look up. I glared at him. Why is he laughing? 

"Dad? What's so funny?" I asked him irritatedly. He look at me then stop laughing. He knows I hate it when I'm being make fun of. He gulped then speak.

"Uh-h." He stutter and rub the back of his neck.

"Uh, what dad? Are you making fun of me?" I asked still glaring at him. He cleared his throat. 

"I'm sorry for laughing, you're just too cute. And I can't help it. I understand everything. I'm not mad at you, I just really miss my precious daughter. And I want you to keep your promises." He smiled lovingly at me. That made me smile too. I sighed and nodded my head.

"Yes dad I will." And we both smile to each other. 

"Now, we must eat. The food is getting cold." He said. 

"Yes sir!"I answered playfully. And we both laugh because of our childish acts.

The whole lunch went well, dad is joking around while we are eating and that made me feel really good. The day went smoothly like that. 
 


************************ 

Sitting inside my office while still doing some reports, my secretary had inform me that it's already 9:00 in the evening, which I really didn't notice because I'm so occupied with work. I packed my things and ready my self to go home. 

Arriving at home I change my clothes into my pajamas, set my alarm clock and immediately lay in my bed. I was about to sleep when suddenly my phone went off. With a sleepy eyes I answered my phone without knowing who the caller is.

"Hello." I said. I'm really sleepy right know. Who the h.. My thought was cut with a voice that I know so much. 

"Hello" she said. I froze like a statue and my eyes went wide.

"Y-yu-yu-yura?" I stutter, I can't believe that I'm actually hearing her voice. I look at the caller and it is definitely her.

"Yes it's me, taeyeon" she answered. I gulped a huge lump in my throat, my heart is beating like crazy and I'm starting to sweat, my breathing is also starting to get heavy. From laying on my bed I decided to sit on it so I can breath properly. I don't know why but just hearing her voice makes me terribly terrified, I mean I feel like she's going to break my heart again, which I badly don't want to happen. 


I inhale and exhale deeply before talking.
"Why did you call?" I tried to sound calm but I failed to do it because my voice is shaking. But at least  I didn't stutter and I'm thankful for that. I don't want to sound weak, like how I really am.
She's silent for a while, and I used her silence to compose my self. I heard her take a deep breath before speaking.

"How are you?"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter