Chapter 26

AM I NOT WORTH IT?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Another update!! 

********

The night Jessica moved back to Yuri.

The couple are getting ready to sleep.

Jessica is now laying on the bed with a phone in her hand.

She's somehow still hoping to get a message from taeyeon. But to her dismay, she hasn't receive any.

Clouded with her own thoughts Jessica spaced out. She didn't even notice Yuri climbing up the bed.

Yuri suddenly hug Jessica on the waist making the girl snap and startle.
"You scared me!" Jessica shouted, placing a hand on her chest as she calm her self down.

Yuri chuckled.
"I've been here for a minute now and you didn't even notice. Is something bothering you?"

Jessica shook her head 'no'.
"I'm just tired."

"Is that so? Let's sleep then." Yuri said as she covered their bodies with the blanket.

There are so many things running in Jessica's head right now.
"Yuri?" She called out, earning a hum as response.

They both stared at each others eyes for a moment, until Jessica decided to lean in.

Slowly...

They both close their eyes.. Until... their lips met one another.

They stayed like that for 10 seconds, and Jessica is the one who broke the kiss.

Her eyes fell on Yuri who is smiling at her.
'The kiss made my heart flutter but it wasn't as strong as before.' She thought.

She gave Yuri a small smile and spoke.
"Let's sleep."
And lay her back flat on the bed, closing her eyes after.

"Goodnight." Yuri said as she hug Jessica by the waist, but our ice princess didn't do anything about it.

"Goodnight." She said back.

A few minutes later Yuri fell asleep but Jessica is still awake.

Her mind is full of thoughts that she couldn't really answer.

She glance at the sleeping figure beside her.

'The kiss that we had is a bit fluttering. But the presence of love is slowly fading.' She thought and sigh.

'Is it you, who I really miss? Or is it the US when we're still madly in-love with each other?' Jessica unvoiced question.

'Am I still in-love with you? Or Am I just in-love with our precious memories?'

Her thoughts continues..
'Is it really you who I can't let go? Or is it our long running relationship?'

'What if.. The person who I really love is the person I left behind?' She thought, referring to taeyeon, who she left.

After coming up with that difficult question, a lone tear escape her tired eyes... And is followed by unstoppable tears, but she didn't wipe them away. She just let them flow down her face and to her now soak pillow.

'And how sure I am that you will never hurt me again?' That question made her cry more.

She can't stop herself anymore.

She slowly free herself from yuri and exit the room.

She went to the kitchen and grab a glass of water.

After drinking enough water, she place the glass down and stood there for a while.

Tears streaming down her face .. As she remember a certain memory.

************
To clear things up... I know most of you are still curious about Yuri and Jessica's relationship. And how Jessica is always drunk whenever Taeyeon see her. So ... here's the revelation. -author
************
FLASHBACK - JESSICA'S POV

Sigh.
Yuri has been so busy lately, she's barely home.
I miss her so much.

Whenever she come home I'm already asleep, and she leave for work before I even wake up.

I can't complain though..
Because she always tell me that everything that she do is for us.

And I understand that.

And I always will.. Even if sometimes missing her hurts so much.
*********
3 weeks later...

It's been 3 weeks and Yuri barely have time for me.

Sigh.

She's been working hard and I can't help but worry about her health.

But tomorrow is our anniversary! That means I get to spend the day with her right?

Excitement filled my heart.

"Can't wait!" I exclaim in happiness.

Should I go shopping and buy yuri a gift?
Sounds like a good idea.

"Kajja Jessica!"

*********
The next day I woke up with Yuri beside me.

Seeing her next to me, I can't help but smile.

I scoot closer and hug her tightly.
"I miss you." I whispered softly. God knows how much I miss this girl!

I was about to close my eyes again and continue my sleep when I felt Yuri slowly moving.

So I opened my eyes and watch her wake up from her sleep.

A smile never left my face. I'm just so happy right now.

The moment Yuri has completely open her eyes, her gaze met mine.

"Good morning." I greeted along with a kiss on her cheek.

She smiled at me.
"Good morning." She greet back with her still groggy

I miss this kind of mornings where I get to wake up with her beside me.

"Happy anni-" I was about greet her happy anniversary when she suddenly sit up on the bed with her eyes wide open.

"Something wrong?" I asked, confuse of her actions.

"What time is it?" She asked, averting her gaze to the clock on the side table.

"!" Is the only word that escape .

I watch her stand up from the bed and hurriedly open the closet, probably searching for clothes to wear.

"Wait. You have work today?" I asked, my smile is now gone.

"Yeah. It's kinda busy in the company lately. So.. I have to go." She said, still in a hurry.

She was about to enter the bathroom when I called her.
"But it's our anni-" and she didn't let me finish what I'm about to say again.

"Sorry Jess. I'm really need to rush. Let's talk later okay?" And with that.. She entered, leaving me dumbfounded.

Sigh.
Did she just forget our anniversary?
Is she that busy?

Tears are threatening to fall from my eyes, but I had to stop them.

I breath in deeply.. Calmin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter