Chapter 19

AM I NOT WORTH IT?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I enter the food chain with uneasiness. I feel so stupid for what I've done. I should've stopped myself, I shouldn't have let my feelings get in the way. I knew Jessica is taken and she didn't feel the same way, yet I still did what I did. I'm really stupid. 

But somehow, I was hoping that she'll kiss me too. 

"Sigh." I looked around the place and I saw Soo waving her hands, telling me to come over. Jessica is already there sitting quietly as she focus on eating. 

I slowly approached them without looking at Jessica. 

"Ahm. Where should I sit?" I asked, not sure where to sit, cause the only vacant seat is beside Jessica. Well, I think I shouldn't sit next to her after what I've done. 

Soo and Sunny looked at me weirdly. 
"Are you blind? Sit next to Jessica! It's the only sit available! Gosh, why are you so stupid." Soo said sarcastically, like it's the most stupid question to answer. Well, it is actually. 

"Ahh. Hehe. I didn't see it. Sorry." I said slowly sat on the chair, scratching my nape. 

"Taeyeon, are you okay? Something happen?" Sunny asked, making me feel more nervous. Having Jessica just beside me is just making me feel worst. 

"Ah-ahh haha. No nothing. I just don't feel that well. But I'll be fine. Haha." I answered awkwardly. 

"Is that so? Then should I drive instead?" Sunny asked looking at me with worry. 

"No. No you don't have too. I can still drive. I'm fine don't worry." I tried smiling at her but completely failed. 

"You don't seem fine to me. I'll drive, and that's final. Don't push yourself too much." She said assuring me that it's fine if she drive instead. 

"O-okay then. Thank you." I sincerely thank her and start eating my food. 

I'm glad she didn't just let me drive though. I bet it'll just be awkward for me and Jessica if I still insist on driving. 

"I'll drive babe." Soo who is silently watching us earlier spoke. 
Sunny stared at her confusedly. 

"What? Why are you looking at me like that? I know the way better than you and besides, I don't want you to tire yourself." Soo told sunny while smiling, making sunny smile sweetly at her too. 

'Another unbearable sight.' I look away from the couple and find myself looking at Jessica. She's been silent, not even uttering a single word, she didn't even glance at me since I arrive. Gosh, this awkwardness is killing me. I feel so guilty that I made her uncomfortable around me and hurt at the same time, cause I got dump without even confessing my feelings for her. 

I looked away from her and put a piece of meat in my mouth, munching it slowly while thinking of the thoughts of losing the girl beside me because of my stupid actions. It's really painful, even just by thinking about it. It's the scariest thing that I fear as of now. I don't wanna lose her, but after what I've done, I don't know anymore. 

What should I do ? Should I tell her how I truly feel? Or just lie and tell her that what I did is all part of a prank? Does telling her it's just a prank a better idea? Dammit. I don't know anymore. 

"Taeyeon!" Sooyoung snap me from my thoughts, startling me at the same time. 

"What?!" I shouted in surprise. 

"Aren't you going to eat that? I can have it if you want." She told me while eyeing the meat on my plate. 

"You shikshin, here help yourself. I don't have the appetite anyway." I hand her my plate smiling lightly while shaking my head. 

"Yeah, good choice. Don't waste your food, give it to me instead. Definitely a good choice. Thank you buddy!" She said throwing me a satisfied smile. 

I smiled at her too. 
"Eat now before I change my mind. This kind of opportunity don't happen often." I stated and she immediately put the meat inside , making me and Sunny laugh. 

When the laughter died down, Sunny spoke.
"Jessica. Are you alright? Why are you so quite?" She asked making me look at Jessica too. 

"Ahh. I'm just tired. Don't mind me." She said smiling slightly. 

"Are you sure?" Sunny asked again but she assured her that s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter