Chapter 25

AM I NOT WORTH IT?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hi guys! It's me again! :) thank you for being patient with me. Here's chapter 25! Enjoy!
******************

The next day I woke up recalling all the happenings last night. And I feel so heavy inside....

I don't know what to do.

I wanted to confess my feelings for her but at the same time... I don't. Simply because, she already answered all my questions last night, indirectly.

I should just let go of this feeling. I should stay away from her and save my heart from hurting even more.

After sorting out my thoughts, I stood up from my seat and made my way to the kitchen. Cooking some soup for Jessica to eat when she wakes up.

I made my way to the guest room after.

There, Jessica is soundly asleep.

She's so cute, I can't help but smile.

But then I proceed on doing the thing that I need to do.

I took her luggage out and start packing her things.

The thought of her leaving me is seriously killing me inside.

But I know that she'll be happy with Yuri. I should not be a hindrance towards her happiness.

I love her too much, I don't wanna see her suffer anymore.

I too, should move on.

I'll forget about her eventually. I just need time to heal my heart.

I already finish packing her things and I'm now closing the luggage neatly.

"Taeyeon?" I heard her groggy voice.

I looked at her and I gave her the best smile that I could give.
"Good morning." I greeted her.

"What are you doing with my luggage?" She asked.

"Oh this? I already pack your things for you." I calmly said and then I stood up from being seated. I suddenly feel so heavy.

"What? Why?" She asked like she really don't know.

"You're going back to Yuri right?" I said and divert my gaze somewhere else, not able to look at her. It hurts so bad.

"I... I am?" She asked again.

Why are you acting like that Jessica?

"Yes you are. You told me last night." Yes she didn't tell me anything like that, but I just wanna stop the both of us from suffering.
She told me she loves yuri so much, so I'm giving her the chance to find her happiness.

"I'm sorry I don't remember." I saw her face became sad.

"You don't have to apologize. It's okay. By the way, I cooked some soup for you in the kitchen. Go and have some while it's still hot." I said and left the room.

I went to my room and prepare myself for work while convincing myself that 'it's for the better'.

"Yeah. this . What's so better about this?" I sighed.

I'm already fully dress when I went to the kitchen to check on Jessica for the last time before I leave.

And there I saw her absentmindedly eating the soup I prepared for her.

"Jessica." I called out her name.

She put her gaze on me, scanning my attire.
"Going to work?" She asked and I nodded.

"How's the food?" I asked her and she gave me a thumbs up.

"Great. By the way... I ... I'm not gonna be home till later tomorrow, so don't wait for me anymore. Just leave the key under the door step when you leave." I said while I pretend to scan the papers in my bag, I just can't bear to look at her while saying those words, I might cry and I don't want that to happen.

"You won't see me off?" She asked expectantly.

I glance at her and I swear I saw sadness in her eyes, her eyes are somehow telling me that she's expecting me to at least see me off, but I won't back down. Not now. My decision is final.

"Sorry Jessica. I'm gonna be busy so I guess I wont be able to see you off." I said and turn my back on her.

"I'll be leaving now. Thank you Jessica. For everything." As I say those words a tear fell from my eyes.

Dammit.

I took a step forward but then she called me.

"Why do you sound like it's the last time I'm seeing you?" She asked and I can hear her voice shaking.

I chuckle bitterly as another tear fell.
"Does it seem like that? Don't mind me Jessica. Please be happy."

And with that I left her there with my heart. My body may not be physically with her, but my heart will remain in her hands. It's already broken but It'll stay with her.

I drove off with my eyes full of tears. Making me halt the car on the side of the road, cause I can't see where I'm going anymore.

I cried and cried and cried and cried.

Bye Jessica. Please be happy.

************
Unknown to taeyeon... Jessica too is crying her heart out the moment taeyeon step out of the house.

Two lost broken hearts.

**************

With a heavy heart Jessica drag her luggage out of taeyeon's house. It's like something inside her is breaking every step she take.

She's nearing the front door when she stopped herself from walking further more.

She turn her body backwards, scanning the place that she treated like her real home. Flashbacks came flashing in her head, specially her happy moments with taeyeon and how the girl took her in and how she take good care of her.

She couldn't stop anymore. Tears starts falling from her eyes. Leaving the place makes her feel awfully devastated. It's like she's leaving half of her life in there.

She keeps on wiping her tears away, but they don't seem to stop any minute from now. She's stifling her cry, but she can't stop them from falling.

It hurts her so bad.

She hurriedly drag her luggage out of the place, closing the door as fast as she could so the pain will soon go away. At least she wish it will go away.

After doing so, she immediately entered the taxi that's waiting for her outside.

************************
JESSICA'S POV

The taxi halt in front of our apartment..

Yuri and I's apartment.. Is this where I really want to be?

I just stared at it for a moment.. Not able to exit the car.

"Mam, aren't we on the right place?" The taxi driver asked making me snap from my thoughts.

"Oh. No. It's the right place. Sorry for spacing out." I smiled slightly.

I rummage through my bag, searching for my wallet. Then I paid the driver..
"Can you help me with my luggage please? " I asked and he nodded, exiting the vehicle after.

I too, dragged myself out of the car. Yeah, you read it right, I drag myself out. I don't know why. I just don't feel like going home.

After pulling out my luggage in the trunk the taxi driver left.

I'm left there standing in front of OUR apartment, unable to move.

Is it really the decision I made?

Is this what I want?

Sure, I once called this place my HOME, but is it still my home?

My head is clouded with so many questions.. Questions that I can't seem to answer.

Sigh.

I can't decide. But why did I drunk talk to taeyeon about this being my decision?

This is really frustrating.

I should think thoroughly about this..

I was about to turn around and leave when..

"Jessica?" Yuri's voice stopped me from going.

I look at her.
"Yuri." I don't know why I don't feel happy seeing her.

"Jessica it's really you!" She said with so much glee.

She run to me and hug me.

What's this?

Why?

Why can't I feel anything?

She broke the hug.

"Jessica you came back! You reall

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter