Chapter 7

1 + 1 = 3
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 7 : Missing those days

 

Hae Rim chuckle a little as she looked over Jong Kook walked away from the bench he once sat. The muscular back of him slowly became small to her eyes until disappeared behind a building after Jong Kook turn to his right and entered it. The beautiful whistles of the bird heard to her ear bring out calm melody to the park. Took a long breath, she closed her eyes tried to bring the peaceful to her gloomy heart. ‘Omma, what is that bird?’ the voice of her daughter during their vacation to the Bird Park 2 years before came to her mind. The laugh of Min-ah, her happiness in watched the stork and pigeon, her chased over the tiny love bird – it all had been a memory.

‘Omma, why I didn’t had Appa like my friend?’ Min-ah’s cry flashed in her eyes. She knew Min-ah always got teased by her friends in school because of her status. How her daughter always cried each time goes to school or she discovered the torn and dirt on Min-ah’s cloth. Illegitimate child... because of her mistake the innocent child of her behold the status over her life. A non-stop punishment that shouldn’t the six years old girl to received.

“I’m sorry Min-ah. Omma promise to bring back your laugh one day” tears started to form in her eyes.

The ring on the table distracted her gloomy. By the tone she realized it was not her but Jong Kook instead. He must have left his phone there before went to the conventional store. Took a glance to the phone a while she read the name stated. By the name Jong Kook addresses get to know by Hae Rim the caller must be someone special in his life. So, feeling it was something privacy she just leaved the call unattended.

But the call keep on ringing till curious touted in her. Afraid it was an urgency she grab the phone and glanced to the building a while in hope she would saw Jong Kook there. Hesitated a little she slide the green arrow and placed the phone next to her left ear. “Yabosaeyo”

“Who is that?” the voice of woman heard once she accepted the call. A little jealousy in sound.

A mischievous smile curved in Hae Rim as she heard the voice. Calm herself to be as professional as she can be she replied “Mianhe, I’m Jong Kook’s girlfriend. He not around at the moment, why you call him?”

“Jong Kook Oppa’s girlfriend? Ohh... sorry for disturbing” the woman said ended the call that totally brought out laughter to her.

 

The laugh of Hae Rim still heard even after Jong Kook came back with full plastic bag of food. “What so funny?” He put the plastic bag on the table and sat in front her.

“I answer your phone call before... the girl suddenly hang up when I’m said I’m your girlfriend” Hae Rim reply, her laugh still hanging in her word. “I think better you call her back” she said after, eyes already focused on the plastic bag Jong Kook brought earlier.

The word of Hae Rim questioned Jong Kook a while, so he looked through his caller log. Clearly he can saw Ji Hyo name there but he hesitated to make a call. His hesitation came to Hae Rim notices. “Who is she... your girlfriend? Don’t worry I can explain to her”

“No, just a friend. Let’s it be” he put his phone back on the table. Eyes divert to Hae Rim that already busy eat her kimbap. “You love her, don’t you?” he heard Hae Rim question again between her chew.

“Ani...aniya” blush crept on his face.

“Hahaha... don’t try to bluff. Like I didn’t saw what you addressed her there” Hae Rim teased, she can saw the redness in Jong Kook’s face. “Just call her, might there something important. Besides, I don’t want she get misunderstanding”

“It’s okay, let’s it be. If there really an important she would call me back” Jong Kook replied, didn’t want to talked more of the issue. Without he realised a smirk appeared in Hae Rim smile.

“So, what you want to get my help?” Jong Kook asked, remembered their conversation yesterday at the University.

“Ohh..this” she rummaged her backpack and take out a book of proposal “I just got new offer to join the world painting exhibition in promotion of my new painting. They even had gave me slot for me, but you know right how bad I’m in English”

“So you need me to prep

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter