Chapter 19

1 + 1 = 3
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 19 : Secret

 

The oldest couple reached their home upon afternoon almost reach to its end. The home was all quite as they enter the house as there no soul. Automatically it comes to their curious of the youngest couple that they left, furthermore to know they’re not so good term.  Afraid never can escape from their mind of the worsened in their relationship that shatter their dreams to make them together. Nevertheless, they hope Ji Hyo able to get her forgiveness that she seeks for and only to her they can rely on this time. As parents they don’t want to interfere much in their child private life unless it became worsen or they really need their help.

But the house was unlocked and Jong Kook’s car still there at the yard, also their shoes can be found at the rack so they know both them are inside the house. Just where they are?

“Jong Kook-ah... Ji Hyo-ah...” never can’t escape her curious Park Hwa Ja called. Her husband was already left to their bedroom to get his change. It does take no long of her calling that received a reply by Ji Hyo from the kitchen.

“What you doing Ji Hyo-ah?” she asked again once saw her daughter. That time Ji Hyo was busy with the carrot in her hand. Well it’s something that is rare for her to see her daughter alone there... cooking? Usually Ji Hyo just only help her a little bit while she prepared the meal. As a mother it’s not she was unhappy about but rather something that she unexpected.

“I cook porridge for Jong Kook Oppa, he got fever Omma” Ji Hyo replied, worried can be seen in her face. She knows with the leukemia Jong Kook will easily got fatigue and fever among one of the symptom. As a girlfriend thinking of his health down her to worries, although she knows she needs to be strong and support him.

“Omo... is it bad? Did you already give him medicine? Oh I need to saw him” To hear the news fall the mother to her worries that left all her amazement. Her leg started to walk to Jong Kook but fast Ji Hyo to stop her. Without a second she wrapped herself to her mother. Tightly she hugged her mother and placed her face in her shoulder. She can’t hide her emotion anymore, it’s was too fragile that time. By hugged her, Ji Hyo hope she can get the strength that she needed the most.

“Let’s him rest Omma...” slowly Ji Hyo utter the word to only her mother hearing. It’s was sound groggy as she was tried hard to control her tears that started to appeared. But in the end she lost to her own emotion and soon her tears fall eventually.

And that double up the worries in the mother’s heart. To saw the one that she hold for 9 months and raised for 29 years in tears it’s sting her heart too.“Why Ji Hyo-ah... why you crying? Did Jong Kook didn’t forgive you?” only a denial she received by Ji Hyo.

“So why? Did Jong Kook fever too bad?” Ji Hyo still in silent only her cried heard that brought the old lady more to her worries. Slowly she her daughter’s back to gave her calm.

“Why Ji Hyo-ah, tell me” her voice raise a little – she had lost to her worries that keep on tortured her. And Ji Hyo cried not helping her too.

“Oppa...Oppa...Jong Kook Oppa...” one after another Ji Hyo said between her sob in her hesitation. Knowing the secretive of Jong Kook she knew her boyfriend might keep this from her parent, but she really need someone to let’s out her emotion. And Ji Hyo never can tell lie to her mother.

So slowly she revealed to elder woman. “He... got... leukemia”

“What..?!”

And it’s shocked her when it’s not only her mother voice heard but also her father. But it’s down her more to shock as she raised her head when the said muscular man was there too behind her father.

 

********

 

“Oppa, mianhe... I didn’t mean to reveal it to Omma but I was so stress out...”

“Oppa...Love...Jagiya...please forgive me...”

After their lunch, the new couple stay at the kitchen to sort out the misunderstanding between them. Both of them still didn’t budge from their seat as Ji Hyo try to coax her sulky boyfriend. Her hand keeps on hold Jong Kook in seeking his understanding. He was felt a slightly hot to her although much less than before.

“I don’t want them to get worried Ji Hyo-ah especially Omma. You see how she didn’t want to eat before and look at me with her worried and pitiful face” Jong Kook explained in his slow voice. With the warm hearted he had, it’s sickened him for others to worries of him.  

“I know Oppa but we can’t hide this from them forever. One day they will know eventually, if say we are in trouble family the one we need to seek for”

“But...”

But never can Jong

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter