Chapter 20

1 + 1 = 3
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 20 : Memories


The droplet of her salty water flowed like a stream against her flawless face. Song Ji Hyo can’t control her sorrow again, how could she when the man of her life was lying helplessly on her lap.  Even some of her droplets fall to the man face but received care less by her. As much she didn’t budged to wipe her own tears.

Her hand was busy with the cold compress on his forehead. But his temperature not even changes although she keeps on changed the damp cloth every 10 minutes.  Not just his forehead, she even wiped his body with the cold water but still it’s not much change. His temperature still high and he still in his unconscious state. Might the heat of the summer outside not much helped although the coldest air-corn pressured setting inside the car.

The journey to the Hospital was too long for her. In front the car, her mother also not much different than her. She was in her wept something that is rare to Ji Hyo sight. All this while, her Omma always known as a tough woman, even when she or Joong Ki left their house before the Omma’s tears won’t fall. But to this man, to Jong Kook how many times she had saw her mother’s tear fall. Just how capable Jong Kook are to changed her mother perspective, or does her mother that is more sensitive when come to this muscular man?

With the weeping that constantly appeared inside the car, there was her Appa who seems nervous in his drive. It’s not to add with his worries to Jong Kook’s condition. With the way his drive, Ji Hyo knew he already given out his total pressure. “Can you just stop crying” can’t tolerate more the father snapped to his wife that brings furious to her.

“So, who’s false did this happen? Didn’t I tell you Jong Kook had fever and can’t have much pressure? Wanna see how deep their love...huh, look what you had done”

“But then you also support me right. It’s not just my false”  

“But I did asked you to stop”

“Did you?

The continuance bickering between her parents its does wreck out Ji Hyo but she neither complained nor stopped them. The fact she already immune with the childish behaviour of her parents which never affected their relationship. Soonest later, they will reconcile back like nothing had been happen. Ji Hyo knew that well that she hopes they can be like them between her and Jong Kook. Assuming the bickering of the two like a wind against her ear, her total concerned was to the man on her lap. She kept on hold him and swept his hair bangs. Her heart keeps on pray for his safety.     

“Oppa...”

 

 

******

 

 

The bungalow high in the hill looks shabby once he steps inside. The gate was rusty and broken as he pushed and the garden was messy with old leaves on the ground. There also with the weed and grasses that wildly grows there. Jong Kook recognized that house on the hill, it’s was his parents’. For three years he never been there but now it’s looked too much different.

Been three years, he was in hesitated to step inside the house. Jong Kook remembered the luxury and classic living room that always welcoming him before but now it looked so dull. Dust and spider web can be found almost around the house. Also their family frame that broken on the floor. Just what had happen to their home?

“Abeoji.... Eomeoni...” in wonder he called out, but alas no replied he received instead his own voice echoes around the empty house. Assuming no soul living there Jong Kook decided to return back until he heard a sound above. Thinking it was his parent thus without hesitate he climbed the stairs still calling them.

Jong Kook stunned to a smile once he reach the second floor. The two person that he missed was there standing in front a room. They still looked the same with their working attire but their face looked gloomy. Can’t behold his own missed, his leg automatically walked to them but only received ignorance as his parent disappeared inside a room.

The room that his parent steps inside was a cozy living room; quite small if compare to the one before but still had an elegance aura. His mind can’t remember well this room but as much his brain can process it was the Kim’s living room in Anyang. As he still doubted with his guess its do he to stun once a little himself suddenly appeared together with his parent. Jong Kook eyes to the gloomy couple that was standing not far from him but they show nothing. In front of him a little Jong Kook in around five years old was busy with his drawing tool on the floor. That well to the mid young couple as his father and mother busy with their phone call and accounting. Like a little kid he is, little Jong Kook walked to his mother once he completed his drawing. The all excitement was shown in his face.

“Eomeoni, look what I’m drawing”

“Ahh... I’m busy Jong Kook-ah. Go to your Abeoji”

Still with excitement he walked to his father who was busier than ever. Sense his father ignorance he shook the father’s hand to divert his attention but only received with a glare even a pushed for not been disturbing. Thus, abandon all his excitement the little Jong Kook disappeared to his room with cry.

Jong Kook stunned to saw all this, yes his parent always abandon him with their job and leaved him in nursery or even sometime alone. It’s was hurt, he know as he wanted to console the little him but suddenly the view changed again. Now, he was at kitchen with them but the little Jong Kook had grown up more this time. They were having their breakfast.

“Eomeoni, Abeoji let’s go out today... I want to buy book”

“Ohh sorry honey, I can’t. Eomeoni had meet up today. Just go with Abeoji ne... Yeobo, you don’t have anything right?” his mother glanced to her husband who busy with the highlight.

“I had planned with my friend for golf today” in slumber his father said while flipped the newspaper. “Ahhh, he already big enough to go by himself.  Jong Kook-ah, how much do you want?”

“Abeoji, Eomeoni please... only this time. I can wait till you finished your job”

“I really can’t, I’ll back late today...

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter