Chapter 16

1 + 1 = 3
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 16 : Toward a Dream

 

 As a financial controller at Shinhan Bank, Song Ji Hyo job is surely busy. With the rapid development of South Korea economy the loan application is increasing day by day. Sometime she even didn’t had time to leisure herself even went back to her hometown.

“Will you take leaved this Friday?” Byul; her officemate asked during their breakfast. With the Independence Day of South Korea that will fall on Thursday, they will have four straight holidays if they took a leaved on Friday.

“I’m not sure, with my pile of jobs” she sighs. “But it’s so long I didn’t go back home”

“Just take it, we can back up your work” Byul suggested while drink her coffee. And in cue, suddenly Ji Hyo’s phone ringing.

 

“Jakaman. Ne, Appa” she answer the call.

“Uri Ji Hyo... My Ji Hyo. How are you?” her eyebrow furrowed upon heard her father voice.

“I’m good. Appa you sound cheerful, any good news?”

Her father just giggled “My son is home”

“Joong Ki home. Ehhh, he had holiday?” Ji Hyo looked rather confuse. Her father laughed again.

“No, no... not Joong Ki, my other son; Jong Kook. For 3 years at last he back” his father word make Ji Hyo shocked. For a week she searched this man, so he was at her parent’s home. “Didn’t you know he was back?”

“I know, he had told me before. Forgot” she put the sheepish smile; lying. Don’t want her father to know their problem.

“Ahh... Jong Kook had told don’t tell anyone he was here” her father sound relieved but the pain to Ji Hyo. ‘He didn’t want me to know Appa’ her inner thought said.

“So, he didn’t go back to his parent?” play along Ji Hyo asked.

“No, he didn’t. Even he didn’t go out much. But glad he didn’t because I heard his father wanted to married him with his business partner’s daughter” Ji Hyo’s eyes pop out over the shocked news. Well, it’s not a really a new news for her, but since she had feeling for Jong Kook it quite make a sting in her heart.

Calm herself, she asked again “Why you glad Appa?”

“He deserved to married someone he love. And frankly actually I really wanted him to be my son in law... but, I think maybe just my dream since you already had boyfriend” this time her father sound sad.

‘Ne, I want that too Appa, to be his wife’ she thought, shy just to think of it. “We had break up Appa” eventually Ji Hyo said; well it’s doesn’t matter to her.

“Why? So, can I have my hope” her father cheerful again. Gosh, how she wish it would come true.

“Maybe...” giggled she reply. ‘Just pray for us

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter