Chapter 24

1 + 1 = 3
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 24 : Fading Sadness

 

“Eomeoni, is that true I’m not your biological son?”

Carrying his luggage in his hand, he was met with his mother at the stairs. His sudden question fall the mother to her silent, unable to speak out the truth. felt like to be cut by a knife. Although she was great as a businesswoman but suddenly was in her nervousness, even can’t look to Jong Kook’s eyes.  

The look from his mother confirmed Jong Kook of his doubt that totally broken his heart to pieces. Never had he expected for 32 years of his life he had been lie and betrayed from the person that he always regard as his biological parent. If this never happened, he wondered for how long they would keep this from his knowledge. Regret, he turned his back from her.

“Jong Kook-ah... don’t go...” his walk was stopped as the mother grabbed his hand.

“Mianhe Jong Kook-ah...” her cried voice like had turned Jong Kook to hell that he shut his eyes. One after another of their memories came to screened in his mind and shutter Jong Kook’s heart. Even there are not many good memories between them but among his ‘parents’ she the one that always cares for him.  

“Just let him go Sook-ah!” but the moment he heard ‘that’ voice again, Jong Kook knew all that only will be his memories. So without hesitation he unleashed her hand from his and walked to his car, leaved only his last bow and thankfulness for them.

 

*******

“Oppa...”

Song Ji Hyo awakens from her dreamland when she had a nightmare of him. To her that dream was so real that pound her heart hard. Jong Kook’s cried image was still vivid in her eyes.

Grab her phone that she placed on the side table, the message from Jong Kook greeted her morning. It’s turned her to smile but the dream before came across her mind that replaced to her worried. Still holding her phone, she call Jong Kook’s number but left unattended. Numerous times she tried till her thumb felt numb.

Didn’t care of her appearance of the sleeping ware she dashed outside only to bump with her father that was about to leaved for his newspaper. Her sudden enter to his car shocked her father but what more to saw her worried face.

“Ji Hyo-ya, what matter?”

“Oppa... Jong Kook Oppa, I had a bad dream of him. Appa, please sent me to him” she pleaded.

“That was only a dream Ji Hyo-ya”

“No, it’s not... I knew something bad had happen to him. I tried to call him but he didn’t answer. Please Appa...”

“Arasso...arasso...”

 

*******

 

Crying... is one emotion that was naturally in people. As soon people are born, it would be started with crying. Crying also is common with pain. Usually people would shed to cry when they are in pain. But that not happen to him. Although how much Jong Kook was in pain now, his tears still couldn’t fall.

It was already 30 minutes he was in drive but he not going to stop. His mind was in blank, nothing come to his senses. Even the ring of his phone never came to his hearing. He just drive, drive and drive like a madness going to hell. Till he was felling exhausted, his lung was sophisticated and lack of air, he unable to breath like a hoe that had dig his heart out. But still he never stop rather he just wished he would just ended this way. It’s better if he just died.

“Don’t leave me Oppa...”

Out of nowhere, suddenly the voice of Ji Hyo came to his sense break out all his emotion. The crying face of her, the pretty face of her, her voice, her laugh and her kisses one another like a glue to heal his broken heart. Jong Kook realised he not alone in this world, he still had her that already buried deep inside his heart.

“Ji Hyo-ya....” it came to his realised as he stop his car. And the view of the beaches welcomed his sight. “Where am I?” he swap his own hair questioning his own self.

“How could I be here?” again no answer he received as he watched the blue carpet of sea in front of his eyes. He felt he was lost something but his mind couldn’t process the answer. Till he heard his mobile rang that he answers wi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter