Chapter 5

1 + 1 = 3
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 5 : Feeling

 

If does the fairytale story ever exist in this world Song Ji Hyo wouldn’t never blame God to this happiness in her life. Those stories that she knew only exist in the kid story book, never would she dream ever happen in her life. Hyun Bin, a guy that would make any woman captivates by his appearance not only rich but also had a good heart. Still she didn’t believe in herself the great man like him would fall in love with her. Ahhh... what she had did in the past to get him now?. Only the thought of that make her to smile.

Ji Hyo sat alone at the coach which located at the end corner of the living room tried to hide herself as much as she can. Both her sole lay lazily on the coach as she kneeled; played with her toes. Almost half an hour she was in there, talked through her phone sometime giggled too. Although how much she tried to control her voice, still the echo can be heard by her mother at the kitchen.

The big smile that Ji Hyo curve as she received her phone call came to notices of her mother; Park Hwa Ja. Actually it’s not the first time she saw it, since Ji Hyo came back yesterday she can saw her big smile each time she received a phone call. Park Hwa Ja knew her daughter was in love now. But sometime she also can noticed the gloomy in her eyes. Several times she had caught Ji Hyo peek to her phone with frustration like waiting something that would never come.

Ended her call, Ji Hyo glanced with hope to the notification on her phone. But alas, the hope still become a hope... the text she waited still didn’t arrived. Pouted in annoyed, her finger move to the icon on the screen and tapped there. It’s not even any harder for her to search his name coz it was at her top list. Tapped again to the said name she rolled her eyes toward the unread text status although she had sent it almost yesterday. It’s not to add the un-replied text from his part. “Aish... this Kim Jong Kook” Ji Hyo cursed as her finger dancing around gave him another text with her so angry emoticon. Piss off she tossed her phone to the coffee table but still waited there until her nostril smelt something delicious from the kitchen. Being captivated her footstep move greedily there.   

At the kitchen, her mother was alone too immersed with her cook. The rice already cooked in the rice cooker, while on the table bulgogi and steamed fish already prepared. The smelt of broth mixed with the spices and kimchi simmering from the pot on the stove. Her father nowhere could be seen maybe took a rest at his bedroom while Joong Ki mingled out with his friend and would be back before dinner time.

“Calling from your boyfriend Ji Hyo-ah?” Park Hwa Ja asked once noticed Ji Hyo.

The question turned Ji Hyo to sheepishness smile. In a slow step, she walked to her mother that was busy with her tofu. “Ne Omma”

“Who is it? Jong Kook-ah?”

The sudden guess of her mother make Ji Hyo to roll her eyes. She felt funny to think Kim Jong Kook name would pop up from her mother’s mouth. Ji Hyo chuckle a bit and replied “Jong Kook Oppa? How would you think it was him? I only see him as my brother Omma. It’s Hyun Bin”

The confession by Ji Hyo shocked her mother a bit. All this time she really adore Jong Kook and always dream him to be her son in law. Even she and her husband already regard Jong Kook like their own son. Not that she didn’t knew the feeling Jong Kook have for her daughter. From the way Jong Kook look and care for her daughter she knew that boy really fall to Ji Hyo. “So did Jong Kook-ah know about your relationship?” Ignored the fact of her daughter’s boyfriend, Park Hwa Ja asked. All her mind already filled up with Jong Kook.

Ji Hyo furrowed her eyebrow over her mother question. She glanced to her mother that now lightly chopped the scallion to the small pieces. The sound of her knife hit the cutting board knocked to her ear. “He knows. Talk about Jong Kook Oppa he so silent nowadays, even didn’t replied my text”

The sound suddenly stopped as soon Ji Hyo utter the two words, even a doom to the mother as she heard the word after. Like a big penalty Hwa Ja already can felt the broken Jong Kook face now. She felt guilty and blame the clueless of Ji Hyo that she inheritance from her husband. A tear dropped from her wrinkle eyes. The excitement to prepare the last dinner for Joong Ki before his military just shoved away. “Ji Hyo-ah suddenly I felt dizzy, take a look of the jigae, and don’t add the egg yet” she pointed to the pot. “You know what to do right?”

Ji Hyo nodded her head as she saw her mother leaved to her bedroom. Curious touted her mind over her mother sudden changes but fast she took it aside, believe in her mother’s lie. “Just get a rest Omma” she said after.

 

 

Park Hwa Ja step to her bedroom was welcomed with her husband nap. A slow snore appeared from Song Jung Woo breathing. Looked to her husband calm sleeping face snapped Hwa Ja to her fuming, added more when she was thinking of Jong Kook. Maybe its sound ridiculous but she blamed Jung Woo for what had happen. If not of his blankness that Ji Hyo inheritance from him, this wouldn’t happen. Ji Hyo would know Jong Kook feeling for her, maybe they already together by now. Grab to the pillow on the bed she hit to Jung Woo that totally awaken the man from his dreamland.

“Yah! Why with you!” to be disturbed from his dream Song Jung Woo shout. His face was in red but can’t be compared to the redness of his wife. His eyes shrunken upon met to her death-glare. He swore he can saw steam come out from her head. But, whatever false he had done?

Another hit splashed to Jung Woo’s body again, make he shrink and slowly move to the end of the bed protected himself as much as he can. Luckily, it was just a pillow. “This was all your fault!” the woman yell in her amok, threw Jung Woo to his confuse look – and oh boy totally turned her to more furious state. If before Jung Woo can saw a steam from her but now he can already saw a fire. Took it as an alarm slowly Jung Woo get down from the bed and ran from the room. The furious Park Hwa Ja totally can’t be play around.

 

 

******

 

Kim Jong Kook was on his drive after his work at the fitness centre when suddenly a beep sound appeared from his Bluetooth headset.  Knew he had incoming call Jong Kook glanced to the phone screen where the word “Omma” stated there.  Move his finger to his ear he push the button on the headset received the call.

“Jong Kook-ah, gwenchana?” Park Hwa Ja motherly voice breezed to his ear like a beautiful melody. It’s gave him goose bumps but yet a little calm.

Stay focused in his drive, Jong Kook in silent awhile. Missing and guilty touted in his heart in thinking how rarely he had called this woman. But never didn’t she worry of him even though no blood related between them. “Ne Omma. Why?”

“Hehehe nothing... maybe I just miss you so much”

“Omma, sorry I didn’t call you lately or come back. I wanted to but...”

“Gwenchana  Jong Kook-ah, I understand. It must be hard on you...” before he could continue the woman spoke again. A little tremble like she was tried to contr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter