NINE // DRESS

Don't Let Go
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

DanBi

            I land myself on my bed and quickly hug my banana pillow. It is dark in my room but it is not that dark because there is some light from outside that lit up the room a bit. It has been a hectic day and it actually surprised all the crew at my restaurant. We've never had such a large amount of customers before to the point that there was not enough seats for the customer. Some of them needed to go to another restaurant and some of them were willing to take-away. I assume that maybe my manager’s plan of using EXO to promote this restaurant is a success. Hmm, upon mentioning the group’s name, I immediately think of SuHo. I never see him at the restaurant or Han River since he accompanied me to my house. What to expect? He is a very famous star with three millions of people in his fan club, I mean his group’s fan club.

However it makes me start to wonder how on Earth did I manage to bump into this famous person at two public places? It is very rare to find any idol on the street but SuHo is an exception. He talked to me too. Whoa, I am so lucky then. But not so lucky maybe after remembering the short guy. D.O or his full name Do KyungSoo. Oh yeah, I searched for him after SuHo told me about his full name on the bus. I watched a few videos of them on YouTube and I found out that his personality on broadcast is so different with the one I saw. How can someone manage to change 180° just like that? He is a pro then and I guess all idols are like that. Wait, why am I thinking about this? I am supposed to sleep. Tomorrow is a work day! I close my eyes and pull my blanket, ready to go to sleep. I am making myself comfortable when my phone rings. I decide to ignore the call but as I peek at the caller, I immediately sit up and answer the call before it ends. What does she want this late?

            “Yes, auntie. What’s up?” It is my aunt, Jeon JungHwa.

            “I want to tell you that there is a party at my house next week. You are invited.” I raise my eyebrows upon that. She has to invite me of course or her husband will know about it. My uncle will never approve any event or party that she wants to hold if she does not invite me. I am glad my uncle knows that his wife and daughter do not really like me but he is still protecting me like this.

            “What kind of party is that and for what occassion?” I ask since I need to prepare my clothes. They warned me before though to take care of their image and mine too because the people they are inviting are those from the upper class, just rich.

            “Well, a party just like usual but this time it is very important. You have to come.” Wow, this is the first time I am forced to come. Usually they will invite me half-heartedly and I will come just for my uncle’s sake.

            “Alright then. When is that? What time?”

            “Thursday, 7 p.m.” I nod my head. Good, luckily it is not my working time but why on Thursday though?

            “Okay. I’ll go after I finish my job.”

            “Oh yeah, I forgot to remind you. Make sure you dress nicely. This is very important, I tell you Han DanBi.” She says and I roll my eyes in annoyance. Duh, do you have to remind me like that? Do I usually bring shame to you? Well, maybe I do because I am not rich like you but still!

            “Okay.”

            “If you have some money, go and buy a new dress. There’s no way you are going to wear the same dress and the ugly one to be exact.” I bit my lips to prevent myself from talking back to her. She is always like this. There is no single call where she does not insult me like this.

            “Okay.” I reply her that so that she will get annoyed too. She really does not have any idea on how much I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter