FOURTEEN // MOM

Don't Let Go
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

DanBi

            After pouring my last hardwork to the pizza restaurant, I finally make a call to KyungSoo; it is what he wants me to call him since I will be his personal assistant which is not related to his idol career. Surprisingly, he is not surprised that I agree to be his personal assistant and he calls me to come over to a private sport center. He told me that he is at the basketball court hence I quickly dress up and take a bus to the place. For your information, I no longer have motorbike because I quit my job so now I have to get used to using public transport. As I am on the way to the place, I am wondering about the reason he wants me to be there right after I told him that I agree. Does my job start now? But he has not officiated it yet and to ask him about this is such a pain in the because he will never answer. Yes, that is how annoying he is. Plus, why basketball center? Is he going to test my physical ability to be his personal assistant? Wait, I am not working as a bodyguard though. Urgh! Damn this overthinking skill of mine. Maybe I just should be patient until I reach there.

            Right after I reach the sport center, I wander around to search for the basketball court. Thanks to the person who put up the signboard, I manage to find the court and walk inside the spacious hall. It is a closed basketball court, just like the one in English movies. I have never been in one before so it is kind of fascinating for me. I walk across the court and sit on the bench which I assume is for the couch to sit when there is a match. Not long after looking around the place, I hear footsteps. I tilt my head to see that KyungSoo is walking towards me, his hand holding a bag. I guess he wants to play basketball because I see a bulge at the bag, assuming it is the ball. He is holding a bottle of water on his right hand too.

            “Well, it doesn’t take you a long time to agree to be my PA huh? I predicted you are going to agree in a million years.” He says while placing his bag next to me. I narrow my eyes while frowning. This guy really knows how to annoy people.

            “Well, it doesn’t take you a long time to call me here too.” I throw a comeback but he is just smiling at it and take out a ball from his bag. He bumps the ball on the floor a few times before looking at me, making me startled. Wait, me? Startled? Oh, please.

            “Wanna play?” Oh, this is gonna be fun.

            “You won’t regret it?” I raise my eyebrows, sounding so confident. Of course I am confident. I am talented in this. He also raises his eyebrows as if he is amused that I ask him that.

            “I won’t.”

            “Then sure.” I stand up and tighten my shoelaces before moving to the middle of the court. I know right away how to play when there are two people playing on the court. One should make a goal and one should block the other. Since the ball is with him, I allow him to make a move first. I stand firm on my stance. He is trying to pass by me with his fast run and I have to move to the side to block him. He is trying to avoid me by going to the other side but too bad, my hand hit the ball causing it to fall from his grip. He looks so shocked and I just smirk at him.

            “You’re too slow.” I say to him and run towards my own goal, bringing the ball along with me.

            “Yah!” I heard him and I assume he is chasing me right now. To my surprise, he runs fast and in seconds, he is already in front of me, wanting to block me from scoring. I grit my teeth, trying to escape him and he is in front of me with his hand threatening to take the ball from me. I glare at him for that.

            “Do you really know how to play?” I ask him in annoyance but he never replies. He keeps wanting to snatch the ball from me and I keep using all the trick I know to confuse him but he is so persistent. I cannot escape him and he is still in front of me, trying to catch the ball. He is getting close and I do not want to take a step back because I am going to fall with the ball I keep bumping in front of me.

            “Yah! We are going to fall like this. Move!”

            “No. I won’t lose to you.” And right after he says that, he moves forward causing me to run quickly to the side but eventually crashing onto him. Soon, we are on the floor with me on top of him. It hurts to fall on him but I think it is going to hurt him because I am on top of him. I open my eyes after the fall but end up being drown into his wide eyes. I do not know how long we are in that position but I do not remember anything that makes me want to get off him. I am too stunned because of the close proximity between our faces, our

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter