TWENTY THREE // OH MY GOD

Don't Let Go
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kyungsoo

            “Kyungsoo, wake up.” I hear my name is called but it sounds faint to my ear. I try to open my eyes, but a headache comes. My hand quickly presses on my forehead with hope it can relief the pain.

            “Kyungsoo!” A voice is calling my name again and it becomes clearer. I figure it must be my mom. Slowly, not to call the headache again, I open my eyes to see my mom is looking at me with a worried face. I open my mouth to ask her what she needs from me only to find my throat and mouth is dry.

            “Are you having fever, KyungSoo?” Mom’s hand feels cold on my forehead, it makes me flinch a bit. Because my throat is dry, I hum as a reply. I feel my body heating up and the headache is making me uncomfortable. It is a definite sign that I am having fever today. The pain comes again, and I weakly massage my forehead. Oh, it must be good if DanBi could massage my forehead. I am supposed to meet with her today anyway. Upon remembering her, I toss on my bed to reach my phone which is placed beside my pillow. My hand is touching all over the space beside my pillow, but I cannot feel my phone. I feel mom’s hand stopping my hand.

            “What are you looking for?” She asks.

            “My phone.” I feel my phone in my hand right after I answer her. I take it and hold it in my hand. She is looking at me in wonder.

            “Are you going to call your manager?” She asks, curiously. I shake my head, weakly. My eyes focus on the phone screen to search for DanBi’s number. I am about to tap on the call button, but mom asks another question.

            “Who is it you that you are going to call?” She eyes me suspiciously. I guess she can already tell who I am going to call by her reaction and I am too tired to play push and pull with her, so I simply answer her.

            “DanBi.”

            “There’s no need to call her. You have to rest.” She protests.

            “I have to call her.” I do not have any energy to argue this with her, hence I decide to be firm with my wish. Mom let out a sigh at my stubbornness.

            “What is it that you want to tell her? Here, let me call her for you.” She offers but I refuse. I know she would not call DanBi. My mom never like her. Why must I think she will talk to her?

            “I want her to come today.” I answer her and is about to call her when mom forcefully take my phone from my hand.

            “There’s no need, Kyungsoo. I can call JiWoo.”

            “Mom…” I whine at that name. I know it that mom will insist on having JiWoo instead of DanBi. That is why I want to be firm and stubborn with my decision just now. Plus, I am not in a good condition to win her.

            “Do Kyungsoo, why would that girl come? It’s not like she can work today with you being sick.” While she is trying to argue her point, I take the chance to rise from my lying position to take back my phone from her hand. The headache comes due to my movement. I need to close my eyes to relief it, but I make sure to hold my phone in my hand tightly so that mom cannot take it again. She seems surprised, but I could careless about that. I just need DanBi right now.

            “Do KyungSoo!” She raises her voice and I turned my back against her, signalling her that I do not want to hear her nagging. I immediately call DanBi which she answers in three beeps, ignoring my mom’s presence.

            “DanBi-ya, can you come to my house now?” I ask right after she picks up the call.

            “Now? Alright.” My lips form a smile at her simple reply.

            “You can go straight to my room when you reach here. You know where it is, right? Just tell the maid that you want to see me and ignore anyone who try to stop you.”

            “Okay then.” I am glad DanBi does not have anything to refute today. It is like she knows that I am not in the mood to argue with her today. I end the call without saying good bye. I am going to see her after this, after all. I put down my phone and is ready to go back to sleep while waiting for DanBi, but mom’s voice startles me.

            “She was here before? In your room?!” Oh, I forgot that mom does not know about DanBi being here before to help me sleep. I also forgot the deal I made with the maid named YoonMi. I only remember it when mom notices this from my conversation with DanBi just now. I am thinking to cover up the truth because I do not want her to bother DanBi about it but to think about it again, I think it is a good chance to piss her off. Therefore, I hum as a reply and close my eyes to sleep, showing her that I do not care what she feels about it.

            “Mom, please tell the maid to bring me medicine and food.” I say for the last time with my eyes closed. I do not hear anything from her except for the bang of the door, indicating that she left the room. I know very well that she is mad, but she is being ridiculous at time like this. I am her son and am sick. All she cares is who deserv

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter