TWENTY // FEVER

Don't Let Go
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

KyungSoo

            I face the mirror to see my unexcited face. Of course I am unexcited. Mom just forced me to go out for a date with JiWoo again and I do not have any schedule to be followed to be used as my escape. Plus, my mom will always check with my manager before she make any date for us. I can see that she is so persistent in getting me to like JiWoo. I sigh at the thought of going out with JiWoo. I know she is trying hard to make me like her but it is not that easy. I am not sure of her feeling for me but it looks like she really wants this marriage to happen just like what our mom hoped for. I do not actually see the benefit of her getting married to me though. Okay, maybe our company will be merged in the future, being one of the most successful company but that’s it. In the end, I am the one who benefit the most.

            I look at my watch on my left hand and take a glance at my phone which is on the bed. I do not hear any notification from my phone since the last time I hold it in my hand. I texted DanBi before dressing up for the date, telling her that we are going out with JiWoo. Yup, even after being nagged by my mom, I still insist in bringing DanBi whenever we are out with JiWoo. It is not only for me, it is for them. They are cousin for God sake and I wish them to fix their relationship. Well, let’s say there is no progress but I will keep trying. Back to DanBi just now, I am concerned that she is not replying yet. Usually she will reply right away and it is noon right now. There is no way she will oversleep. She never did that. I decide to call her. It takes six beep before the call is answered.

            “Hmm?” A lazy voice, belongs to Han DanBi greeted me. I frown at her tone.

            “Han DanBi, where are you? Why are you not replying my text? We’re going out with…” I stop talking when I hear she coughs. Okay, that is not good to hear.

            “I’m sorry, KyungSoo.” She coughs again. I am getting worried as I listen to that. She sounds like dying with that hoarse voice.

            “Yah, are you sick?”

            “Yeah. I’m down with fever. I’m sorry I can’t go with you today.” Of course you cannot go with me today. And I decide not to go too.

            “You’re at your house, right? Wait for me.” With that, I end the call and rush out after I take my wallet and car key. Mom is waiting for me at the living room. She hurry to me as soon as she sees me rushing out from my room and down the stairs.

            “What’s wrong, KyungSoo? Did something happened?”

            “Mom, I think you need to cancel the date today.” I tell her and keep walking towards the door.

            “What? Cancel? But why?” I hear my mom shrieking beside me as I put on my shoes. I wish to explain to her but I know how she will react if I tell her I am going to get DanBi because she is sick. So I leave her after saying sorry and quickly drove off, ignoring her calls.

HaNa

            “Oh! D.O sunbae-nim!” I am surprised to see my senior at the company shows up in front of the door. Well, our house is not that great and yet a handsome and rich guy appears. It sounds like Cinderella, when the prince search for her with the glass slipper. Okay, stop crapping around. This senior in front of me looks worried. I am glad I am able to hide my smirk. It is obvious why he is here.

            “Is DanBi in there? Is she okay?” See? I knew it. DanBi told me about D.O sunbae-nim being her annoying boss. Almost every day she complained about him but gradually, it becomes lesser to none. So I think they are getting along well now. Not to forget, I know that she is close with SuHo sunbae-nim. The first time I saw them together was that one night where SuHo sunbae-nim accompanied her home. DanBi probably do not remember it because she was so sleepy that time. It is not like she was drunk but whatever.

            “It’s a relief that you are here, sunbae-nim. I need to go for my training but there’s no one to take care of her.” I say, sending hint to him that I need him to stay with her. I am planning to stay with her but since D.O sunbae-nim is here, why not take the chance? Plus, I am guessing something interesting will happen between both of them by looking at how worried D.O sunbae-nim for her. Oh, DanBi. How lucky you are!

            “It’s okay. You can go. I can take care of her.” Ta-daa! Our hero today offered to take care of the damsel in distress. Gosh, it takes so much for me to hold in my triumph smile. I quickly nod my head to cover it and hand him our house key.

            “Great. This is the house key. Please bring her to the clinic, sunbae-nim. She seldom get sick but if she got sick, it will be really terrible.” I say, trying to bring out my worry. For your information, Han DanBi hates clinic to the core. Those who are able to bring her to the clinic should be proud of that and count it as their life-long victory. I purposely ask D.O sunbae-nim to bring her because who knows, D.O sunbae-nim is that special to her that she follows whatever he asks? Insert evil laugh. I turn my attention to D.O sunbae-nim. He looks so determined to take care of DanBi.

            “Alright. I’ll bring her after this. Urm, can I enter your house?”

            “Sure, sure. Her room is this way.” I say as I make a way for him into our house and point DanBi’s room to him. DanBi, I hope you clean up your room. D.O sunbae-nim is going to get in there.

            “Okay. I think you can go now. I’ll take care of the rest.” He says after rushing in and maybe just realize that he is being obvious, he stops in front of her door. Worry much, sunbae-nim? I giggle internally. Just wait until I walk away from this house. I will be sure to laugh my heart out.

            “Thank you, sunbae-nim!” With that, I step out of my house and close the door. I do not know if he knows me but I think he knows that I am the trainee in the same company as he. He is not questioning anything about why I call him sunbae-nim though. And I kind of expecting DanBi to tell him about me too. DanBi will surely brag about me, right? Okay, maybe not. She laughed when I told her I am going to be a trainee. Sigh. My best friend is surely lucky now that she has two men who are interested in him. Both are gentlemen and take a good care of her. If only BaekHyun sunbae-nim is like both of them, I will not be suffering in my training period. Now that I am heading to my training class, I am sure he will be there and not to forget, giving me hell. That is fine, HaNa. You can do this!

KyungSoo

            I remember Da

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter