ELEVEN // JOB

Don't Let Go
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

DanBi

          I am on my mission to deliver the last pizza box to a customer, which I do not know who but told the operator that he wanted me to deliver it for him. I was so confused when my colleague told me that but at the same time curious to know the identity of that man. Well, maybe I delivered pizza to him before and he likes my service that is why he wants me to deliver it to him again. To think about it again, it sounds ridiculous but just let the thought linger in my mind to boost up my self-esteem. It is better to think about good thing, right? However, back to the topic, I am becoming more confused right after I reach the place that is stated in my receipt. It is neither a house nor office building. It is a playground and it is empty. I am becoming more suspicious towards this person but do not waste any time to contact the respected yet suspicious customer. It does not take a long time for the person to answer my call.

            “Hello! This is Shake It Pizza. You made an order around 30 minutes ago, right? I am here at the address given.” I tell him and when he replied me, I have a feeling that I know that voice. Plus, I start to feel that this person is someone I am not comfortable with.

            “That apartment? Okay then. Please wait for another ten minutes. Thank you!” I end the phone call and after making sure that the call really end, I let out a sigh. Why do I feel that this person is playing with me? He wants me to deliver the pizza to his apartment now so I hop on my motorcycle and speed off to the mentioned apartment. Luckily there is no heavy traffic on the way to the apartment and I just have to pass through the security to deliver it. The security guard gives me a look as if he is thinking that I am deceiving him. For your information, the apartment is a well-known apartment and it is one of the expensive residence in Seoul. To see a pizza deliverer here is kind of weird for him, I suppose? But hey, everyone eats pizza so that is not really the reason. Okay, let’s forget about it. You have to stay positive. Remember that, DanBi.

            I take out the cheap phone that belongs to the restaurant to call the customer again. As expected, it does not take a long time for him to answer me as if he already expect a call from me.

            “Hello! This is Shake It Pizza. I am already in front of the apartment. Where should I deliver this pizza?” I ask him while tilting my head to see the apartment in front of me. I assume it is a building with 10 floors and I am curious which floor this person might be living at. Moreover, I never deliver pizza here so there is no way the person I am calling right now is our past customer. Am I right?

            “SKT building? Yes, of course I know where it is.” I close my eyes in frustration when I hear that the customer request me to deliver the pizza to his office. He told me that he have emergency at his office and he have to rush there. Okay, you can do it, DanBi. It is just delivering a box of pizza and he is the last customer of the day.

            “Alright. I’m on my way.” I answer the customer and quickly keep my phone away as I sigh loudly. I am good worker, right? I do not sigh and get upset in front of the patient, only behind them. Usually I will not complain but today my mouth feels so itchy and I really need to complain.

            “Like seriously, he is literally everywhere and I will be like him soon if he keeps changing location.” I mumble alone while fixing my helmet. I drift off from the apartment area and head to the SKT building. I guess it makes sense while he is literally everywhere. He works for a communication company and maybe he is an important person in the company. To think about it again, then why he asked me to deliver the pizza to the playground at the first place? This person is so confusing and yet mysterious. I am so thrilled, note sarcasm there. After another good ten minutes, I reach in front of the tall building and the sunlight makes me squint my eyes while searching for a suitable place to park my motorcycle. I take off my helmet and place it on my motorcycle. I am about to open the pizza storage when I receive a call and it is from the customer. I wonder why he is the one who call this time.

            “Hello, this is Shake It Pizza. May I help you?”

            “I’m sorry but have you reached my office?”

            “Yes, sir. I am already at the parking lot.”

            “I’m so sorry but I have an emergency right now. Can you send it to my house? There’s people in my house right now.” I frown in anger when he requested that. This is the third time already and I think I have no patience to keep anymore for this customer. My working hour is almost finish and he just need to drag it by changing the location. It is so hot today and travelling here and there uses a lot of fuel. Who does he think he is?

            “I’m sorry, sir. As a staff of Shake It Pizza, I don’t want to be rude but I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter